Alwyn, P90X, KB, TT, etc...Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

So um...is ANYONE actually currently doing one of the work outs listed in the title of this check in? :p:D

I'm up with the chickens drinkin' my coffee, eatin' my breakfast and getting ready for my long run this morning of 11 miles. I've never done a TRAINING run longer then 10 so this will be a new one for me. Gets rather boring out there on yer own with no race endorphins kickin' in. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do and afterwards it's STILL a great sense of accomplishment!:)

Just figured I'd get us started. I'll be back!

Helllllooooo Wendy!!

Well, aren't you the motivated go getter this morning ;) Eleven miles done already, and I still haven't showered yet! That's amazing, and awesome, and rockin!!

I'm still doing Afterburn, I'm just taking a little break from it. My goal is really to shed some fat, and while I've seen some results with Afterburn, I'm not losing the fat I hoped I would. From what I've been reading lately, I think the workouts are too intense in a way. What I think I need to do to drop the fat is more drastic calorie restriction, and that's almost impossible while doing Afterburn. So I don't know....I may switch things around and focus on diet and less intense workouts until I lose the weight, and then finish Afterburn. Gotta admit I'm kind of scared to do it though. Right now I'm going to focus on making this a rest week and then decide at the end what I want to do then.

Okay, it's one in the afternoon, and I think it's time to get my butt in the shower.

TTYL~

Jen

Well hello all two of you ! :p

At this point in time I'm doing the "etc.". LOL !:D

But now that I made it back home with GS in tow, I see my kettlebell workouts have appeared. Well, at least one DVD and one book ! :mad:z

Thought I was ordering the DVD - will have to check out Amazon and see if I boo boo'd or they did.

Well Wendy - the farthest, TM style, I've ever run is 9 miles. Can't imagine doing 11 on a TM unless I had a really great movie to watch ! :rolleyes: And the 10K was fine, but I'm having a hard time imagining going 11 miles outside - or maybe up in the hills around the city where I live. Hmmm, maybe someday. . .

Jen - I was in exactly the same boat when doing NROLW - felt stronger, and was eating pretty well, but didn't drop any fat at all. Once I switched it up and started a rotation with Cathe DVD's I saw a change. I can say that I have gone on 1200 cal plans and can last a week or two but that is it if I want to work out. I am not happy enough if I don't hit the weights and cardio any more. Has become a necessity for me. So though I have dropped only 2 lbs and haven't really seen much decrease in inches, I am seeing a morph in my body makeup. Alwyn has great workouts, just not working well for what I need.

KB's here I come ! ! !

So today is another no workout day for me and tomorrow I begin my CTX week. Can't wait to get back on schedule, however, Sat we are off to Reno for the long weekend for the BBQ Competition cookoff. The hotel we are staying at is supposed to have a great workout room - at least according to the pics and description, so hopefully I can get something in to keep up my routine. Will make sure to get my weights in by Friday so I can do cardio while I'm away. Then will be back home on Tues for 4DS.

Hope you all have a nice rest of the day. Will probably take a run tomorrow but not sure yet. Depends on how much the KB's are calling me . . .:p

Well Wendy - the farthest, TM style, I've ever run is 9 miles. Can't imagine doing 11 on a TM unless I had a really great movie to watch ! :rolleyes: And the 10K was fine, but I'm having a hard time imagining going 11 miles outside - or maybe up in the hills around the city where I live. Hmmm, maybe someday. . .

I ran my 11 miler outside today. The longest TM run for me was 8 miles I think when I did my sad excuse for training for my 2nd half in May. LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.