Alwyn, Kettlebellers, X'ers, and whatever....Thurs, 8/21

irishrose

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

Is everyone sleeping in today and getting a little rest?

Did Afterburn weights this morning. Had a tough workout, meaning I dragged my butt through it. I'm actually thinking it's time for a little break. I've been reading Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot and she stresses getting a solid week of rest every 8-12 weeks. I'm thinking between Afterburn for 10 weeks and WSFL for four prior to that, now's the time to do it. So as of Sunday, no weights, maybe no cardio even :eek:, for a whole week.

Okay, gotta get some work done! Oh, I wish I could take a week off from that too!!

Jen

Good Morning Gals!:)

Just getting my arse out of bed;) I had a easy night at work so I only slept for a couple of hours when I got home.
Yesterday ended up being a rest day. I was planning on a good weight workout but DH was late bringing home my weights and I also walked by all of our winter coats, that are down in the basement, and noticed how dusty they are all were with our recent disaster. So I managed to wash a couple of loads of coats but still have lots more to do.
So today's workout is going to be a run and some weights. Im hoping to get out for a run soon before DS takes a nap and then a good weight workout after....it looks like it could rain though.

Jen** Good job with the workout...exactly how I am hoping to feel this afternoon:eek:

BBL!
Lori:)

Hello Girls.

I had to take my dog to the vet this morning for a skin condition that flared up something fierce! He looks awful! :eek: I can't wait for the meds to kick in so I can have my pretty Golden back!:(

That being said, I missed my window of opportunity to hit the gym for a run so I'll be doing some type of cardio at home at nap time. If nothing looks good to me then it may be a rest day instead!:p

BBL!

Good morning to all !

I skipped my AM workout since I had to drive to get to my DS's by 8 AM :( but am here with my grandson and am hoping to get something done a little later. Brought up TJ's, yoga and ab hits so we'll see how it all ends up.

He is such an easy one, just keeps himself occupied pretty well and he's only a year old.

Jen - totally agree about a week off. I did it earlier this year and what a difference it made both mentally and physically when I started up again. Your body is ready and so is your mind.

Lori - Hope your workout goes well now that you got your weights back - yippee !:D

Wendy - hope your pup gets better soon - just had an issue with my 12 yr old not being able to walk. I feel so bad for them when they don't feel well. Guess we're in the same boat with workouts - but I think you're doing great at taking unplanned rest days when needed. As I always say, "caca pasa".:p

BBL !

Good Afternoon Girls.

I've decided to do a TJ this afternoon. I really enjoy them and haven't done one in a while. It sounds like the perfect thing for me today! Cardio Party here I come! :)

Jen: I could never take a total rest week (weights AND cardio) but I am taking a rest week from weights right now. I am hoping to start CTX next week feeling refreshed and strong again! I've been very tired and dragging alot lately. Sounds like a good idea for you as well. You've been kicking some serious @ss lately with all of the Alwyn work outs you've been doing. You DESERVE a rest girl! :)

Lori: Hope it doesn't rain on your run today!!!!

Jacque: Have fun with your grandbaby! :)

HI Girls!

Well...I have just had the worst day E-V-E-R! When I got home today, the basement door was locked, and it never is. DH woke up and let me through one of the other doors. He then said "DD isn't having another sleepover for a long time, she woke me up at 4 and again at 6 making noise" When he found out that the basement door was locked he said "there was something weird going on here last night b/c I heard shoes in the porch". We asked DD if she left the house last night and she admitted to going out at 4 in the morning!
On top of that, my dad is staying at my sisters house, who lives down the st a little. He ask DH if DD was out in the morning. DH told him that she was. He said that there were some loud kids outside last night across the st, there were 2 girls and 1 guy and the girl with the blue hoody on was hugging into the guy. All day yesterday DD was wearing a blue hoody and her friend was wearing a white one. The two girls my dad saw had the same color sweaters on, whats the chance of that? I ask DD about it and she lies right to my face, claiming that it wasn't her. I sawy."oh, so there just happened to be more kids out last night and you were all wearing the same outfit?" She still stuck to her story. I told her to get ready cause she was going for a ride with her father (chat time) and for her friend to get her stuff ready cause she was going home.
She ended up telling DH the truth, it was the same 16 yr old boy that she was writing things in her journal about that I found over a week ago. And she also admitted to a few other things that she was lying about.
This girl cannot tell the truth to save her soul! Im not sure where she gets it from but I would like to blame her biological fathers family b/c they can lie like you wouldn't beleive, just not sure if lying is heraditary.(sp?)
I struggled to get a workout done b/c they are building a house across the st and DS kept waking. Not to mention that he has a ear infection so I had to take him to the hospital. Through it all I ended up getting GS UB done and a 50 min run...in which I got caught in the rain.

Anyway...I haven't eaten since 12 (its now 8:30) b/c my stomach is turned and my head and neck are killing me. DD is on total lock down until the school yr starts...she is going to have a long 2 weeks ahead of her. I just don't know what to do. All I could do today,after things got the best of me, was sit in my room and cry!

Great job with the TJ Wendy. Still hoping I'll get that in tonight but GS has taken two naps already ! Guess both the car and the stroller (duh but was hoping not) put him to sleep. So not sure what time he'll be hitting the bed tonight. I could probably do it with him up and around - maybe after he's done with dinner and his bath.

We did take an hour long walk around the somewhat hilly park so I got some walking in.

Lori - such a tough situation. You are sticking to your guns and that is all you can do. They lying thing unfortunately can happen to many teens - out of 3 I still have 2 that can tell a story once in a while and they are 19 and 21.
And their father is one of the most compulsive liers there is, but my oldest DS who lived with him for years does not lie. So go figure.

Take a little comfort in the fact that she finally admitted it and just keep on sticking to your guns. From this post and the one about the journal, and also remembering the time you took away her cell phone, you are doing as much as you can other than sending her to a convent. Have you ever told her how much fun that would be ? LOL ! One thing that send my DD in the wrong direction numerous times was the kids she was choosing to hang with. Is her BF one who steers her in the wrong direction or is DD a leader? I also think you may want to have a chat with this 16 yr old or his parents. Sometimes the others' parents care and sometimes they don't, but that would at least put the idea in DD's head that you will go to whatever length you need to not only to protect her from others, but also from herself and some of the "less than smart" choices she is making.

Teens are at that in between mode where they are not needing you to tell them everything they need to do but yet they aren't old enough or wise enough to make their own choices regarding many things. So they tend to see what they can get away with and many times do it so you have to set boundaries, which is exactly what you are doing.

Hang in there my friend - you will all get through it - but it can be a tough road sometimes.

Do you and DD get much time together just the two of you? That helped me and my stubborn headed off the charts DD. She may not have told me everything she did, but many times I could talk to her and I think it helped her make some better choices when we could talk about what others her age were doing and our opinions on the subject. Then you can interject some advice without it being directed at her.

Just a few thoughts - I am still so happy that my 19yr old DD hasn't gotten PG yet. I thought for sure I'd be heading down that road. She is not dating the best of males these days and so I continue to cross my fingers that she doesn't get PG with any of them and they don't last long enough to turn into marriage. I might as well cross my fingers for you and your DD too ! :D

Hope you had the stomach to eat something to keep up your strength. Please vent anytime you need to. I totally understand.:(

OMG Lori, what a HORRIBLE day! ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you. Things will look better in the morning. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I've only just entered the teen years (literally a month ago) and it's my son to boot! Boys are so much easier, I think. Hang in there girl! Great job getting that workout in among all the chaos.

Wendy, I'm not sure it'll be a total rest week, because I'm not sure I can handle the no cardio thing. It keeps me mentally balanced, if nothing else. We'll see. But we'll be on a weights hiatus together ;)

Jacque, so glad to see you have some wisdom for Lori!! Hope you're enjoying your time with DGS!

See y'all in the a.m.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.