Alwyn, KB, TT, the Xers, etc. - Hump Wednesday

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
From yesterday so you don't have to go backwards:

Well let me make this a trio today !

Late checking in - busy at work again - had some AM deadlines that didn't end until the day was over. Oh well . . .

So did feel better by the end of the evening last night - thanks for the hugs -finished my workout last night and DH came home very shortly afterward. I'm not a tequila shot person, but had a shot with him since I got him the Largest bottle of Patron Silver. Choked it down but was happy it didn't affect me too much. We enjoyed our grilled lobster and filet mignons and will celebrate more this coming weekend when we go to Reno. Then DD and I did sushi lunch today, yum yum ! It was very nice. Feeling a little spoiled lately? Yes, but it's OK with me !

Today I did CTX Kickbox and in a few minutes I'm gonna get my triceps outta the way for the week. Will preview my KB Goddess DVD since tomorrow's plan is KB's with my new workout DVD. Think I have my CTX rotation figured out so I'll get it all in before we leave on Sat AM. Then I can just do some cardio over the weekend. Won't be back until Mon. eve.

Wendy - I don't yoga too often as my shoulders don't work too well sometimes and I'm not very limber - course that should be a good reason to do it more often. I'm one of those cardio/weights peeps and should throw some yoga and stretching in. You keep posting about yoga and ya know I'll do it !

Jen - how are you feeling these days while taking your rest? Are you itching to get back to working out? weights? cardio? KB's? Do tell . . .

Until next time - have a good one ladies !

(Sure hope Lora is doing OK - think I'll go see if she checked in her "other place". Hope she has some support from someone close. )

So I am Sleepless in Gilroy at this time (2:49 AM here). Put the laundry in the dryer, got my warm milk and took a couple melatonin caps. Need to go back to sleep soon.

Did my tri's last night, previewed the KB Goddess DVD and think I will do Cardio and Strength workouts later (assuming I made it back to sleep and am not too tired). So decided I'd run on the TM while previewing: did 2 miles in 21:39 for a slow jog. Worked up a nice little "drip" - in fact kept dripping on the kitchen floor even a bit later as I was preparing dinner (had a few sprigs of dripping wet hair I missed with the towel :().

OK ladies - BBL for a break at work later to see what's on tap for all of you.

And Lora, if you make it here this AM - I'm definitely thinking of you :( and sending <<< HUGS >>>.

Good Morning Ladies:)

Im going to get better at checking in everyday, I promise!:eek: LOL Its hard to do everything and deal with everyone at the sametime.

Todays workout is suppose to be hills, but I can't do that with a stroller. Im debating switching todays run with tomorrow. Prehaps DS and I will just go for our normal run and I can get up tomorrow morning and do hills without him? But it also looks like it is going to rain:( I dunno what I am doing:rolleyes:

I will BBL with personals, this place is to crazy to even talk to my friends:mad:

Lori:)

Good morning, girlies!!

Just popping in quickly to say I did a treadmill interval run this morning. Thought about doing a kettlebell workout but decided a run would be better. I had a lot of carbs to work off, 'cuz BF made dinner last night and it had pasta as part of it. Plus, I'd like to check out the second KB workout I bought before I actually do it, and I didn't want to do Vol. 1 again today. So cardio it was!

Jacque, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned to celebrate. Great job with your workouts! How do you like your CTX rotation? I tried to rest a full week, but only made it three days until I broke down and bought the kettlebells, and once I had them I could wait to try them! However, the workout wasn't very intense, and then I rested yesterday and did cardio this morning. So even though I'm not totally resting, I'm taking it easy on myself and I feel pretty darn good about it. I've been tracking calories and trying to get in more activity overall during the day, and it's been fairly easy staying on track with the diet. I'm starting to think lowering the intensity is what I need right now in order to stay low in calories. But I'm playing that by ear. Did you manage to get back to sleep for a while?

Lori, we all know how life can interfere with our best laid plans at times ;) Don't you worry about not getting here some days. We're still thinking about you though! Hope you manage to get your run in today before your stuck with any rain! Sending you <<<<good weather>>>> vibes.

Good Morning Wendy!!

BBS~

Jen

Hi Girls.

I'll be hittin the weights shortly with CTX LL, bi, tri and abs. Yeah, I'll be cryin' tmrw! LOL

BBL for personals!

Just a quickie during breaktime.

Didn't get much more sleep so stayed in bed rather than working out. Will hit the KB when I get home.

Lori - dontcha think the stroller up hill would be a great buns burner? :eek::p Hope you get a chance to come back and chat, though as Jen said, ya do whatcha can do. And definitely hope you get in a run today. So, to the Rain Gods - DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT send any rain to Lori's neck of the woods OK?

Jen - well three days off and then and easing up is definitely good for body repair. I'm eating a bit less since I stopped NROLW and have seen the difference too. I'm working with CTX since I need the extra cardio also. The weightwork, even thought they are short, is maintaining my strength, giving me DOMS and continuing to "whittle" the lumpy bumpies. :D I've had more starchy carbs lately than in quite a while so extra cardio it is !

Wendy - I'm not sure how to put this, but, YOU ARE DEFINITELY CRAZY GIRL !
Pretty much sounds as if you are doing a full body CTX weight workout today. Hmmm - will be waiting for the DOMS post tomorrow.:p

BBL to report my very first KB workout. :rolleyes:

OUCHEES that work out hurt! LOL I'm glad it's done though. :) Let's see if I can function tmrw! HAH!

Gotta get a quick dinner ready for my family and then I'm out the door. My best friend's mom has been sick with cancer for a long time. For a long time it was under control and she was able to have a reasonable to very good quality of life but in the past year it's all gone down hill and FAST! They went from giving her 3 months to live the other day to saying it could be any time now as of yesterday. :( My friend is sitting by her mom's side at the hospital now just waiting....I told her she needs a distraction and she took me up on the offer so I'm going to drag her away for a bit and try to make her smile if only for a little while....Problem is, I have to keep from crying myself!

Sorry to depress you and then run. I'll pop back in later tonight if I can.

Hugs to all.

You're a good friend, Wendy. I know she'll appreciate that for a long time to come.

Have fun tonight!

Jen

I'm back. How sad that was. I didn't even go in the room and I almost started to cry a few times. We never left the hospital. BF is so afraid that she'll leave and something will happen so we stayed in the hallway outside her mom's room. I wasn't comfortable going in. I don't handle that kind of stuff well at all! Anyway, BF is holding up unbelievably well all things considered and we even had a few laughs. I hung out for about 2 hours. It broke it up for her some. There was lots of family there so when I left she was far from alone. She's getting to the hospital at 9 in the morning and not leaving until 9-10 at night and plans to do this until her mom passes. :(

So have I depressed ya enough? Sorry!:eek:

I'll be back in the morning and no depressing talk. I PROMISE!!!!:)

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.