Alpha Omega Check-In (Tues 3/3/09)

Good morning everyone!

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Iris, I'm glad to hear your legs are feeling better! There are certain moves I know I can't do either, and it's best like you said to modify where you can. I've have this mindset where I feel like I need to do all the movements as they're done (I sometimes still struggle with that), but now I have to just either modify or skip the move all together, or I end up suffering later, lol. I'm always modifying Jillian's lunges/squats because they're just too fast!! How awesome that you're already seeing improvement from doing STS!

Blessed, how are you enjoying STS?

Jennnifer, I hope you are feeling better today! I know others who are suffering with sinus/allergies too, UGH!

Today my workout is Kick, Punch & Crunch. I have not done that workout straight through in so long! It's tough, but I love it!!

Hello and blessings to all who follow! :)

Hello all! I just realized that I never checked in yesterday! I spent a lot of time doing interviews with my kids on Facebook. They were really fun, all the questions were the kids perspective on what Mommy does. My favorite answer was from my very ornery 4 YO DS (Yes, the one who called 911). The question was, "What does mommy do when you are not around?" His answer was "Get worried!"

Today is my run day. I have a 28 minute run planned and I will do that this evening. Probably while I watch the Biggest Loser. Nothing like working out with others! I also have stability ball abs to do from STS. I prefer to do abs on my run days so my total WO time is less.

Chrisitine, have fun with KPC. I love that one. I call it the Pirate WO because some of Cathe's faces during that one remind me of a pirate. ;)

Jennifer, UGH on the sinuses! Get better right quick!

Iris, glad to hear that your legs are doing better. I am seeing great results with STS, too. I started with 6 very stubborn pounds to lose, and i have already lost 3!

Blessed!, welcome to our little check in! I love being able to share my fitness journey with sisters in Christ. Did you have a cardio day today? I am on week 4 of Meso 1 and I am doing the 3.5 month rotation.

Hello to Karen and anyone else who stops by.

Have a blessed day!

Becca, that is TOO cute what your son wrote!! I was sitting here laughing about it! You just never know what comes out of the mouth of babes! :) I wish I read your post before I did KPC, that way I could have looked out for the pirate faces, LOL. I will have to take notice next time! (Although I wonder what MY "game face" looks like, HA!) WOW, you lost 3 lbs already with STS? That's awesome! I have 5 stubborn pounds to lose!! I was thinking of doing an STS like rotation next month using the Gym Styles and Pure Strength series, but we'll see. I started really cleaning up my diet last week, so we'll see how that makes a difference. Although I bought some chocolate chip cookies for my Bible study tonight (no one eats the veggies or fruit when I put THAT out! :p), and I may have to help myself to some! :eek:

Have a blessed day and evening everyone!

Hello Ladies,

I came in to read while I had a minute, and am sitting here laughing about Becca's 4 yr. old son, lol. Isn't it amazing how kids pick up on things we think would go right over their heads? lol. Soo cute.

Christine, I love KPC. That is a killer workout. Especially when you do it all the way through. :)

Ladies, I have a prayer request. It's for a lovely lady named Maria. She is someone I know of from my days on the Billy Blanks (Tae-bo forum). I keep in touch with a couple of the women I met on that forum, and of my friends there just relayed a message to me this week that Maria was in a terrible accident. She suffered really bad burns, and has been in the hospital for about a week now. She has had to have surgery, and blood transfusions. She is in a lot of pain. She shared with one of the women who called her on Monday, that sometimes she just wants to give up because the pain is unbearable :( Just this weekend, her fever spiked to 104 - 105, and she slipped in an out of conscious. She really needs our prayers. She is a beautiful lady who has had her share of heart-ache, and I find myself wondering how something like this can happen to someone who is so kind to those around her, but I know the Lord has plans for her life. Please keep her in your prayers, and I'll give updates on her condition as I get them.

Christine, I have to tell you once again, this thread is such a blessing :)

Going to kickboxing class after work. I'll check in later tonight :)

Last edited:
Christine, Becca and Iris.
Hello!!!
I really apeciate your warm welcome to your check in... Im really happy I found you and look fordward to get to know you all..

I just returned from work and Im EXAUSTED! Hard day, but I thank the lord I still have a job, due to the economics, I have seen many lay offs in bussiness in my twon.

I did Butts and Gutts today, Yes, Im doing STS, but 1 day of legs was not enougth for me... I love to work my lower body, so I added an extra lower body workouts, it will be 2 upper, 2 lower...
So I will do the 6 months rotation adding an extra lower body each week, uff! this will take me into december!!! hehe

Im enjoying reading your post. God Bless you sisters!

Hi everyone,

I've been hit or miss lately with the forum as I've had some problems with some physical stuff lately. But, the Lord is good and I know I will overcome. Oh......the battles we face day to day.
Iris, I will be in prayer for Maria and still thinking about Leslie. I know that God allows all of these heartaches so that we will stay in constant prayer with Him. He knows what is best for His children.
Christine, chocolate chip cookies for a Bible study!! What were you thinking. :eek:) One of the reasons I loved study was for the food!! :)
Take care everyone and I will try to stay in touch more often.

Blessings to all my friends,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.