Alpha Omega Check-In (Tues, 2/24/09)

Good morning everyone!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

I missed everyone yesterday, I hope everyone is well!

Iris, I think you made the right decision about the RT. I think time and $$ spent on family is time well spent, so enjoy your trip to Florida basking in the sun!! :) When do you think you will be going? How are your arms feeling today? Push-ups really get me too! Good luck getting out of doing them tonight in class! ;)

Today my workout is Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast Premix.

Blessings to all who follow or just enjoy reading the thread! :)

Hello all!

I have a minute so I thought I would check in since it has been a while. Thanks for the concern Christine. :)

I have been working my way through STS and I am really enjoying it. I did disc 7 yesterday and just when I think it can't get any harder.....it does!:eek: I can see muscle definition in my arms that wasn't there before. My biceps and shoulders especially. I am loving the program, but I am ready to be done with my couch to 5k. I want some more variety in my cardio. I have 2.5 weeks to go and it will be done. I think I will drop my runs to 1-2 a week once I complete the rotation.

Christine, that is one of my favorite verses. "you will seek Me and you will find Me" Love it! What a beautiful promise from our God. Enjoy LIC today!

Is anyone going on the Road Trip? I went last year and I really enjoyed it, but can't justify the expense this year. My sister is getting married in June in CA, DH has a conference in Chicago in Sept that we are both going to, and we are planning on taking a family vacation to Atlantis in August so we will be doing quite a bit of travelling already this summer. I almost registered for the RT, though. I clicked on the linki at 3:15 and saw that it wasn't sold out yet. I even entered all my info, but changed my mind before I hit "submit". It's just not the best plan for me this year. I will have to live vicariously through those who get to go.

Hello to all who check in or stop by! Have a blessed day!

Hello Ladies,

Becca, it's soo nice to see you back here again :) I am in my 2nd week of STS myself. So far I am loving it and I am absolutely sure, I will see results from this series. Cathe moves soo quickly in these videos, I have to pause now and then both to either gather my equipment or take a breather, lol.

I had planned on going to the R.T. also, but decided I really just couldn't swing it. My husband and kids want to go visit our family in FL. We were going to go in December, but I was worried about spending money with the state of the economy, and while things still appear dismal, I really do want to get out there to visit my family. So, I figured it would not be wise to register for the R.T. I've never gone to one, but am hoping to get out there very soon for one of Cathe's classes. I want to take one of her kickboxing classes.

Hi Christine. How are you enjoying the new Jillian Michaels workouts? Are you sore at all? Thank you for the wonderful scripture this morning :) Very positive and uplifting. I love starting my mornings with a scripture. This morning I had a few minutes and I did a little bible reading myself. I ordered some new books from my favorite christian bookstore, so I'm looking forward to checking those out.

Have a great day everyone. I will check in later this evening, after my kickboxing class.

Hello Everyone,

Kickboxing class was interesting today. Just when I discovered paper plates, or gliding discs, the instructor pulled them out for today's class. It's amazing how your body has to work extra hard to stabilize itself. I found it a little difficult to get through the class today. My shoulders were sore from yesterday's STS workout, and even step and touch with arms moving were killer, lol. I don't think I've ever had to shake my arms out soo much before. Class was packed again. I am surprised that I actually manage to enjoy the class. The old me would have become annoyed. I think because the women who go there are soo nice, it makes it easier to share the space with them. I hope I keep this attitude :)

Guys, I have a prayer request. I don't know all of the details, but I just found out one of my little cousins, (my cousins daughter), has leukemia. I just found out, when I went into Facebook to check out "Cathe's" facebook page, and saw messages from relatives of mine which led me to read on and finally discover that they just found out Leslie has leukemia. This news hit me like a ton of bricks. My cousin Norma, (Leslie's mom), is only 6 days older than me, and we grew up together. We were very close growing up, so I really feel her pain. I also work with a woman who went through a similar experience about 10 years ago, when her daughter was 3. It was a tough battle, and her daughter has made a remarkable recovery. Please if you can, pray for Leslie. I know nothing is impossible for god, and I also pray that through this experience, my cousins would come back to the Lord. I will let you all know as I find out more info. Thanks for your prayers.

Have a great night everyone :)

Hi Iris, praying for Leslie to have a full recovery and may God's mighty hand be upon the family during this difficult time. He will make a way. Know that it's true.

Today was Crosstrain Xpress 10-10-10 and Step and Intervals (cardio parts only). Then did upper body split.

Been busy these past few days, but hope everyone is well and I pray you guys are healthy and happy!!

Love,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.