Alpha Omega Check-In (Thurs, 3/5/09)

Good morning everyone!

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 6:5-7)

Iris, thanks for the description of Total Body Stretching! I was wondering what it was like because Stretchmax is also done in 3 segments. There is one using the stability ball, one using the resistance band, and one without any "equipment". Since I'm not crazy about using the stability ball, I don't think I'd get much use out of TBS. I will just keep using the FitTV segments of SM and save some $$ like Becca said! Thanks for helping me in my decision! :) FF's Leg Blast rotation is awesome! The only thing I have to get used to is doing less cardio. It's such a mental thing for me to do less cardio, but I'm giving it time to see how it goes. I am just a cardio junkie and I also have this idea that if I do less cardio, I might gain weight! I have heard so much talk about the benefits of adding more weight work into rotations, so I am doing that this month to see how it goes! How fun that you have a new workout toy!! I didn't know they sold Cathe stuff at Walmart! I may have to make a trip there today! ;)

I know you also asked about Linda... I don't think she'd mind me sharing that I sent her a message last week to check up on her and she said that she and her family are doing well. She just wanted to take a break from the internet for a while, which is understandable!

Becca, I hope you are feeling well today! I was fighting something over the weekend myself. I was feeling lousy, but I don't think it was "full blown", thank God! I am so there with you in the search for Spring!!! I'm glad you are enjoying STS and that it is flying by! Are you on the 3 month plan? It's cool that you have that recovery week to do what you want and mix things up! THanks for your advice on the stetching DVD's too. I will just continue with SM from FitTV like you said, to save $$.

Blessed, thanks for stopping by with blessings! God bless you and your family too!

Karen, I pray your are feeling better today!

Today my workout is Butts & Guts! :eek:

Hello and blessings to all who follow!

Hello Ladies,

I am soo ready for the weekend. Just one more day to go, lol.

Christine, I actually love using a stability ball now that my balance has improved soo much. The first time I got on one, a couple of years ago, I almost ended up with a concusion, lol. I went flying off that thing. Of course my kids thought it was hilarious, lol. I'm with you on the cardio. I have to force myself away from the cardio too. I absolutely loved the rotation FF had out in December, because it had cardio even after weightlifting. Not long cardio, but 30-35 minutes. Sometimes we can get carried away with cardio though, and it's good to switch things up from time to time. Thanks for filling me in on Linda. I can certainly understand taking a break from the internet. Just wanted to make sure she was ok :)

Becca, you are soo close to your recovery week :) Tomorrow is actually my leg day. I plan to modify, I ended up in pain trying to keep up with Cathe, lol.

My workout today was kickboxing class. The class was pretty crowded, but I got smart and moved to the front of the room now. I notice everyone wants the back, and consequently, I used to end up pushed to a wall. I said, that's it. Time to move up. It was much better, and the class was fun.

Hi Jennifer, Blessed, Karen and all. Have a great night.

Jennifer, Iris and Christine.
Hello, warm hug to you all..

That one is one of my favorite verses, we really need to give God our all. That verse really "kicked in" or I should say transpased my heart with a teaching by Joyce Meyer about going deeper in God... Its really what we all should aim to... Love our God with our all.

Iris... Im so glad you end up ok with your little accident at first with the stability ball!.. hehe.. Im so sorry, you got me to laugth! because the same happen to me at first... I was constantly falling of the ball!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.