Alpha Omega Check-In (Sat, 3/14/09)

Good morning!

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." (1 Peter 2:9-10)

Iris, congrats on finishing the first mesocycle! Now you can have some fun next week and do whatever workout you want! I am starting to want STS now! :eek: Since it's so expensive for me though, I will just wait until it has lost the "new" factor and get it for cheap on EBAY. :p It was awesome that you could split the cost with someone. I hope you have a nice, restful weekend! No major plans here, just some laundry and some grocery shopping. Fun, I know, ha ha.

My hubby is better today, but still fighting it! We'll probably just relax most of the weekend.

I want to workout today, but not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm scheduled for weight work but missed cardio yesterday and I think I'd rather do that. I'll post again once I decide and I'm done with it.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

Okay, I just got done with 4DS LIS and upper body work from Muscle Endurance. So, I got the best of both worlds today - cardio & weights! Hooray!

I spoke too soon about hubby, he is feeling lousy again and back in bed! :(

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Hello Everyone.
How are you? It's sunny and it's beautiful here today so I went for a walk. No paper started yet, my learning team is delaying me by more than a few hours. I am looking to be up until midnight right now. Yesterday, I felt like I was being attacked spiritually at work and I had to ask HIM to forgive me for my attitude and to trust HIM about my future. The song which helped me get back to where I had to be was "Ressurection" by Nicol Sponcberg, formerly of Selah. "once again, I am in need of ressuretion, only You can make this empty shell and make it whole again"
Christine. Congrats on a great workout. Hope DH gets better soon.

GOD Bless.

Hello Christine & Jennifer.

It finally feels like spring is around the corner :) I had planned on getting to the gym this morning, but my back and hamstrings were soo sore from yesterday's workout. I contemplated taking today as a rest day, but ended up doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3. Those are effective workouts, yet very doable even on a sore day, lol. I had to get a whole lecture from my daughter earlier. About how I over-do it, and I should go easier on my body. She does make some valid points. She said I work-out, out of habit, and do soo even when my body is begging for a rest. I listened to her, and agreed, but then I still ended up working out when she left, lol. I did treat myself to a good Stretch segment. Cathe's ball stretch. It felt soo good :)

Christine, your hubby needs to really rest up so he can recoup faster. I know it's easier said than done, but a relapse is worse. I'm sure you're encouraging him to rest up :) Great workout today. I love getting both cardio & weights done as one workout. I feel soo accomplished afterward.

Jennifer, we all have days like you described. I often feel that happen to me at work, and it's the strangest thing. I'll walk in with my attitude in check, and suddenly, for no apparent reason, something will just annoy me, and I behave badly. I often catch myself, and re-adjust my attitude, but unfortunately, sometimes I don't. This was one of those weeks for me, and by yesterday, I was complaining out loud about my week. I hope to get some rest, and go into work on Monday with a much better attiitude, and ready to work hard :)

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been quiet here. Enjoy the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.