Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 6/22 - Sun, 6/28)

“The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:7-8)

Hi Iris! It was a nice break from the rain yesterday! But, here was are again with cloudy skies! It's interesting how we've been having too much rain and where Cathy lives there is not enough! There's lots of flooding around my area. I will keep you in prayer at work!

Hi Jen! How are you doing? Did you visit your new city this weekend?

Hi Cathy! I imagine living on a farm is lots of hard work, but I would love it! I'd love all that hard labor out in the sun!! (with sunscreen on of course, :p) Anything I can do with animals is worth the hard work. We'll see what the Lord has planned!

Yesterday I started week 2 of my Couch to 5K training. I'm usually off from workouts on Sunday but we're going away this weekend for my brother-in-law's wedding so I had to re-arrange my workout schedule. I also did Slim in 6 abs and the Slim & Limber stretch. I plan on doing No More Trouble Zones today.

How do you guys feel about doing a monthly check-in, instead of weekly? It doesn't matter to me, but it's just a thought. We could start in July if you like the idea.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Good Morning Ladies. Back to work. Trying to keep a positive attitude since I have my vacation to look forwrd to :)

Christine, a monthly thread sounds good to me.

I hear you on all the rain. My goodness. It seems like we get one day of no rain, in betwee 2 or 3 of constant rain, and even when it isn't raining, it seems to be cloudy. With my luck, the rain will follow me to FL. I am looking forward to the sun, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My kids are just about all packed up for their trip tomorrow. I plan to go to the gym for the 30/30 class. I was hoping to catch Andrea's last kickboxing class tomorrow, but may not be able to, since I'll probably still be at the airport. I'm going to definitely miss her class.

Have a great day ladies. I'll check in again tonight :)

Iris, when do you leave for your vacation again? I'm sorry but I forgot when you said you were going. We are going to miss you! I'll be gone this Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We're going to my brother-in-law's wedding in Vermont.

Have fun at your 30/30 class tonight! I just got done with my Jillian workout. I thought I might rest today since I was feeling a bit off, but I'm glad I got it done. I actually feel better now! :)

I'm waiting for my hubby to get home from work. I think I hear the garage door opening now! Gotta run!

Have a great night ladies! :)

Hello Friends.
No new visit to the new city this past weekend but maybe next. I need a positive progress in that journey. This coming weekend is the home improvement time plus week 6of my current class.

BBL

Jen

christine, sunscreen doesn't keep you from sweatin' to death or having a heat stroke when it is 102 outside. it is just miserable here. it is 7;30 here and still 98'. gag!!! i'm already sick of it, and it is only june. everything here is dead, dry, and brown. it is very depressing.

well, i tried the total body workout w/STS today and it went fine. just don't know if i like doing them out of order like that. i like things orderly.:)
cathy

Hello Ladies,

I'm back to post my workout. The 30/30 class was good. OMG, was it hot in there. It turns out they forgot to turn the AC on after the yoga class. Some of the women were ready to pass out in there.

Christine, I leave for FL next Wednesday evening. I'll miss posting with you ladies too, but I will post when and if I am able to get on the computer. I'll try to get in as many workouts as I can before my vacation, since I don't think I'll be getting in any workouts, other than walking while I"m away :)

Cathy, did I ask what state you live in? I can't imagine that kind of heat day in and day out, with no rain. It must be depressing. We kind of feel that way here with all the rain we've been having, but you are having the other extreme. I'm praying you get rain soon :)

Hi Jen. Good luck with your home improvement project. I wanted to paint while my kids are in Florida this week, but unfortunately, my shoulder is still not completely healed, so I am unable to take such a large project.

I'm off to watch John & Kate + 8. Have a great night ladies.

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19)

Jen, what home improvements do you have planned? We bought our house last August and have done a few things here and there, but this summer we plan in painting and doing a lot more improvements. It's fun but can seem overwhelming at times!

Iris, wow I can't imagine taking a class at the gym with no a/c! I remember how hot and sweaty those fitness rooms could get with with the a/c on! I'm glad you survived! Good luck at the airport tonight!

Cathy, you're right, I wouldn't want to be doing too much outside when the temp was over 100! That is just brutal! Still keeping you in prayer for rain!

Today's workout was Punch, Kick & Jam. I just love these workouts, they're so much fun!! I also went for a 2 mile walk/run. I'm loving my new sneakers, they feel so good on my feet!

Have a great day ladies!

Hello Ladies,

I just got back from the airport a little while ago, and now I'm just waiting for my daughter to call and tell me she's on the plane. Feels weird at home already without them. My husband said the two of them were driving him crazy today, lol. I guess they were little too excited, which makes them both silly, even though my son is 19! lol.

No workout for me today. It was too late by the time I got home to make the KB class, and after eating dinner, I just don't feel motivated to do anything. So, I'm going to relax today, and workout hard the rest of the week.

Christine, what kind of sneekers did you say you bought? Was it Asics? I need a really good comfortable pair of sneeks and am having a tough time deciding on a pair. I have tons of sneekers, but I need a new pair that'll go with everything.

Cathy is it any cooler by you today?

Jen, how is work going this week?

Have a great night ladies :)
B

iris and christine, thanks for praying for rain for us. keep it up.
iris i live in s. texas. it is hot here in the summer, but htis is just awful, and so early in the summer. the grass is brown and crunchy, kinda like snow crunches underfoot. it is very sad and depressing. we are on water restriction and it is gonna get worse as the summer goes on if we don't get rain. it was like this last summer , too, only not as hot.

but, i need to stop complaining and grumbling about it. remember what happened to the israelites in the old testament when they grumbled and complained? :)

God is good all the time!!!

i did the firm's advanced cardio blast today. tough box workout. i really love box workouts. i need to do them more. when the transfirmer came out 4 yrs ago, i noticed a big difference in my legs, but i havent' been doing them. so, i need to start again, cuz the box work is so good.
cathy

Hello Ladies.
Christine, my house project is wood exterior trim scraping and painting. I miss KPC!! Your workout sounds like fun.
Cathy, yes. You are correct that HE is good all the time. I think HE will forgive your grumbling and complaining.
Iris. Don't do anything crazy with your shoulder. Your kids were geeked about their trip? Good for them. Although they were driving your DH crazy, he will miss them just like you.
Work is fine so far. Examiners in next week. School is good. Looking forward to my next class.

"There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them." (2 Tim 3:1)

Does this scripture describe the world today or what??? Pretty scary!

Quick post today! I have a lot of stuff to do before we leave for Vermont tomorrow. We are going to my brother-in-law's wedding and I will be back Sunday night. I most likely won't be able to post until Monday.

Cathy, what are box workouts?

Jen, have fun with your home improvements this weekend! I pray the weather is good for you so you can do your work outside!

Iris, yes I bought Asics. My feet are still getting used to them, being a New Balance lover myself, but they are comfy!

Today I did my walk/run for 2 miles and then did Butts & Guts. I skipped a few moves though, I forgot what a tough workout that is! I think I may be nuts doing that workout before going away, LOL.

I'll miss you guys this weekend and I'll be keeping you in prayer! Have a great weekend!

Hello Ladies,

Christine, yes your scripture for today really describes the world today. Our world seems to get worse every day, and if you read the bible you can really see things lining up with the word. It does scare me.

I hope you have a wonderful time at your BIL's wedding :)

I don't think I posted yesterday. I worked out at home to Tonya Larson's "Pure Pump". It's a great mix of cardio & weights, and I am pleasantly sore today.

Today I opted to skip the kickboxing class at the gym that's gotten just to repetitive for me, and instead worked out at home to Cathe's KPC. Tomorrow I plan to take the Total Body Sculpting class at the gym.

I'm off to veg out now. Have a great night ladies.

Hello Friends.
How are you? My home improvement Saturday is postponed until mid-July. I have finished my portion of my team paper so I should have most of the weekend free except postings and checking in on the team.
Iris- I LOVE KPC!! The verse fits well of these times for sure.
Christine-Have fun in VT, stop by Ben & Jerry's for some goodies.
Cathy-where are you?

Jen

christine, yep, that is a scary scripture. especially when you look around at our country today. and box workouts are what the firm does. step, like cathe, but they also use the tall box for cardio , they cal it tall box climb and it is great. works your legs great and gets the heart rate up.
wow! vermont. i bet it is beautiful there. well, it got to 103 today and then we got a teeny , tiny bit of rain, and it cooled down to 88 during the rain, but it is gonna be right back up there tomorrow.:(

did the firm ULTIMATE CALORIE BLAST today, and did the tall box climb twice along w/8" box for the step parts. i was sweatin like crazy!!

cathy

Thank GOD, it's Friday! Shocking news on Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I grew up in Detroit where the Jackson 5 recorded with Motown records. Bum grade on week 5 paper but I should be ok with the final grade.
It should only be mid-80s here today.
Have a Blessed Day everyone!

hi all, wow, i did my first HIIT on the treadmill today, and it is HARD!! i did 25m including w/u and c/d. thought i was gonna pass out. it seriously took me about 20m to recover when i was done. and then i was dizzy. don't think i can do that very often. and my feet are now KILLING me.
cathy

Hello Ladies,

Jen, Amen, TGIF. Today was crazy for me at work. I worked on one of my largest renewals, and still have to finish putting it all together on Monday. I will have to try extra hard not to think about or dwell about it during the weekend. I had hoped to have everything wrapped up and ready to copy and file away on Monday morning, but now I have to spend some time researching a couple of items before I can prepare my over-nite package. Good thing for me is that next week I only work Monday & Tuesday, and on Wednesday I head to Florida for a week.

Sorry to hear your grade wasn't as good as you would have liked for week 5, but I'm sure you're final grade will be much better :)

Cathy, sounds like you had a very intense workout today. Sounds like what some describe as a puke in the bucket type workout. I am not fond of those type workouts myself. It leaves me with a dread factor. It may have been an off day for you too :)

As for my workout, I was able to get to the gym for Total Body Conditioning. Those lower weight/high rep workouts really get me good. I don't like them much because I get bored very easily, but I think these type workouts work well for me.

I hope Christine is having nice weather in Vermont. It's raining here again, after having nice weather most of the day.

Have a good night & a great weekend everyone :)

Hello Friends,
Getting on the net now, the net has slowed down due to the MJ traffic that is being reported.
Iris-it's hard not to dwell on stuff from work,even though stressful. Enjoy your weekend.
Cathy-have you recovered yet from HITT?
Christine-have a fun time in VT.

Jen

Hello Ladies,

In to report my workout for this Saturday. I did Powerstrike 5. It got cut short by my sister calling me insistently, and I figured I'd better answer the phone, since it seemed to be urgent. I guess I got in 40 minutes of cardio, so that's pretty good.

I'm off to buy a couple last minutes things for FL, and then I have a hair appt. at 4:30.

Have a great day everyone.

no i havent' JT. actually, my old body is rebelling today. think i may have gone a bit too hard. might have to not run as fast. my legs took a beating and my feet.

iris, yep, the puke factor was pretty high there for awhile. don't know if i will attempt that again for awhile. i'm in pain today.

everyone have a great vacation, we are still baking down here, 102 right now, so don't come down here on vacation. it is nasty!
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.