Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 6/15 - Sun, 6/21)

"The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)

Hello ladies! Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday, we were pretty busy. We had a nice time at my sister's house, the BBQ was fun and delicious! :) On Sunday we got a lot of work done both in and outside the house. Our neighbors gave us two of their air conditioners that they won't be needing anymore so that was a blessing. My husband installed one last night and will do the other tonight. I had my rest day yesterday so no workouts!

Cathy, I'm sorry to hear you lost one of your children, that is awful. But how great and hopeful is the fact that you know you will be with her again some day - forever! :D

Iris, I've never heard of Tanya Larson but I love to hear of Christian fitness instructors. I love the fact that her video came with Bible devotionals!! A friend of mine gave me a step workout by Christi Taylor, who is also Christian. Sounds like you got a good workout in! Did you get to visit with your sister?

Jen, how are you feeling? Congrats on your good grade in class! How is your "boring" paper coming along? lol I never heard of that show "You Are What You Eat", it sounds interesting. My hubby and I only have basic cable so maybe it airs on a channel we don't get?

Today's workout was "No More Trouble Zones" by Jillian Michaels. WOW, I forgot how tough that one was!! Although I felt stronger doing it this time than the last time I tried. I'm going to use this as a part of my workouts for the next several weeks, it's really a good burn! I also went for a 2.5 mile walk and started my "Couch to 5K" challenge over today so we ran a bit too.

Blessings to all today! :)

Hello Ladies.
"You Are What You Eat" is on BBC-America aired on Direct TV on Saturday mornings. Today, I am feeling fat and out of shape. My new updated graduation date is May 2010. I believe I will move but will take much effort.
The norm in my neighbourhood is to have central air, which is unlike most areas of the city. Plus, it's only really warm for maybe two months out of the year.
BBL

Jen

Hello Ladies,

Quick post today as I am exhausted for some reason. I took the 30/30 class at the gym today, and I feel fried. My husband was lecturing me as I was leaving about how I should be resting because I've been complaining of being sore. First it was last weeks 30/30 class that made me sore all the way through about Thursday. Then Friday I hit legs again with cardio at the gym, and then of course Pure Pump got me good. Today I was feeling a lot less sore so I figured I'd take the class. It was a very good workout.

Work was ok today, but we lost two accounts in one day, which is definitely not good.

I haven't seen my sister yet. She never came by yesterday and hasn't even called, so we'll see when she decides to stop by.

Have a great night ladies :)

Hello Ladies.
Think positive that it's Tuesday.
Iris-Hopefully, you will see your sister.
Cathy-Where are you?
Christine-Are you enjoying the AC?

Have a Blessed Day.

Jen

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." (Proverbs 16:3)

Hi Ladies!

Hi Jen! How are you feeling today? I have "fat" days myself, I hate feeling that way! We haven't used our a/c yet. Believe it or not, since we got them, we haven't needed them! :p

Hi Iris! Are you still feeling tired and sore today? If you are really wiped, maybe you should skip a workout tonight and just do a nice, long stretch. It will probably make you feel much better tomorrow! I hope you get to see your sister!

Today's workout was Turbo Jam's Cardio Party (the first one). I also did abs from Slim & Six Pack and stretched with Slim & Limber. I also went for a 3.2 mile walk with the dog. I am tired myself! I'm getting dinner ready and waiting for hubby to come home! :)

Have a great night ladies!

Hello Ladies.
Just checking in to say Hello. Here in the forum, I actually visited a church where a forum member is a member. We may have seen each other before without knowing it. Making friends in the new city is great.
Not feeling as fat today.

Jen

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." (Romans 1:16)

Quick post tonight...

Iris, I hope all is well and look forward to your next update! :)

Jen, I'm glad you're feeling better today! You seem to have a lot going on with school, work and the move - do you have any days off coming up? You deserve a vacation! :)

Today's workout was "No More Trouble Zones" and a 2.0 walk/run. I'm going to try and do Jillian's strength workout 2-3x per week, it's a killer!

Hope everyone had a great day! Enjoy the night ladies!

hey everyone, i'm here, i am checking in on the new STS 3 m. thread. there are only a few of us onthere. but, i'll try to get here too. i have dial-up, so it can be a bit annoying to do stuff. and i 'm not very computer literate, either.

iris, i feel like that frequently, and i don't know if it is my age or overtraining or what. some days i am soooo exhausted i can hardly function. and then sunday, i had the killer of all migraines. di dn't go to church, did nothing but lay on the couch til about 4, and finally it started going away . my migraine medication did not work, unfortunately. it was one of the worst ones i've had. i am thinking of going to an immunologist and getting some extensive bloodwork done. i just don't think i should feel so bad. it is very strange and there seems to be no pattern.

jen, where did you move to?

i did disc 2 today. we just started our 2nd round on monday.
ttyl cathy

thank you christine, but i'm sorry to say it was my "choice" as pro-abortion people call it. i was 18 and abortion had just been legalized. i got council from my pastor at the time and he said to go ahead. it was very different back then. no one had given it much thought like they do today. but, of course, God has used it in my life in an incredible way. (Rom. 8:28) i went thru a healing Bible study in 1994, and since 1997 i have been taking other women thru this study, and God has been doing wonderful things in their lives. i read somewhere once, that God uses our greatest mistakes for our greatest ministry. that has been so true in my life. abortion is a very devastating thing to a woman, even though we can go into denial for many, many years. but, eventually, as all sin, it must be reckoned with. i am just so thankful, and grateful that we have a merciful, loving, forgiving God. and that He "does not treat us as our sins deserve". He has done so many wonderful things in my life and has blessed me beyond measure, even after i did such a terrible thing. HE IS GOOD!
cathy

Christine, you are awesome! Thank you for telling me I need a vacation. Yes, I totally agree.
Iris, where are you???
Cathy-good to see you again.

by the way, would ya'll pray w/us down here that the LORD would send us rain? we are drying up bad. no rain, 100 this whole week. not good.
thanks, cathy

Hello Ladies,

I can't believe I totally missed posting yesterday, lol. When I came home from the gym after my kickboxing class, my son, DIL and grandson were here, so we spent time together, and I never got a chance to get on the computer.

Yesterday's class was good. She worked us out hard to give us something to remember when she's gone, lol. Next Tuesday will be her last KB class at this gym.

Today's workout was Muscle Max in it's entirety at home. I don't know why, but I feel more tired after a weight-lifting workout, than I do with cardio. My shoulder continues to improve. My hardest move still is anything with front-raises, so I go very light on those, or skip them altogether.

Jen, are you almost done with school for the summer? Or do you go straight through?

Hi Christine, how is the ab workout in SI6? The only Jillian workout I have is 30 Day Shred, but I haven't done it in a while. Her workouts are very effective :)

Hi Cathy, so you're doing STS? I love STS. I just got done with the 3.5 month rotation last month. Unfortunately, I injured my shoulder and couldn't finish the last week, but I really enjoyed STS, and I look forward to repeating the series again.

I so agree on what you've shared with Christine. Thank god for our merciful saviour who forgives us our sins and throws them into the sea of forgetfulness. You're right, I have no doubt in my mind that your experience is a great testimony to share with women out there. What the enemy means to harm us, god turns it for something good. Keep sharing your story and letting the lord work through you :) It's really good to have you posting here with us. I understand time can be limited. I pretty much stick to this thread. I did post a few times on the STS thread with Cathe, but the threads always get soo long, and I missed that there was no time for personals. This feels like a group of friends :)

Have a great night ladies. Chat more tomorrow :)

school goes straight through the summer. We could give you some of our rain, it has been a very late spring here. I think the cold air is above the warm air with the trade winds messing things up.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

Cathy, I'm so glad you're continuing to post with us! I really appreciate your honesty in your post! I completely agree with you and with what Iris said, thank God for our loving and forgiving Savior! God works all things to the good, right? It's great that God is using you to help other women now. You are very faithful and courageous! I will say a prayer that you get some rain. It's been pouring here all day - buckets!!

Iris, how is Muscle Max? I don't have that one. I'm glad your shoulder is getting even better everyday! I love the ab work from Slim in 6. She does a lot of standing ab work, which I love! She does side crunches (bringing hip up to elbow) and alternating knee raises bringing your opposite elbow to your opposite knee while in a standing position. She also does upper cut punches and front punches to work the waist, as well crunching side to side in a plie position. She does traditional ab work on the floor too, nothing fancy like I feel like is all the craze these days. I really feel like her standing work is what finally got my waist slimmer after all these years!! I'm definitely going to continue to make that ab work a regular part of my routines.

Jen, too bad you have to go to school straight through summer. When I went to school at night and worked during the day it was the same thing. The classes went year round. I know how tough it is to work and go to school! Unfortunately for me I no longer have ANY desire to work in the field I went to school for! It was actually a blessing for me that I got laid off this year, I was so miserable doing my work. Sometimes I regret spending the money on school, but I know it was all for a purpose even though I don't plan on working in that field anymore.

Today was an off day from workouts for me, but it was by no means a rest day, LOL! It was time for a very thorough cleaning of my house. I managed to get the upstairs done. I tore everything apart, took things off shelves to dust, moved furniture, mopped, vacuumed, etc. Now I am exhausted and need a shower, ha ha! Well I have to say, I actually love doing housework so I feel blessed that God has given me this time right now to do it as my full time job :p!

Have a blessed day to all!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I can't believe how much rain we are getting. We can't get a break. Cathy, I wish I could send some of this rain down your way, lol. I'd be happy to have a few days of sunshine.

Christine, I love standing ab work too. It's much more fun than traditional ab work. I like Muscle Max. It is a full body weight-lifting workout, including legs and abs. It has shorter pre-mixes too, but yesterday I did the whole thing through. I was soo exhausted after. Every muscle in my body felt fatigued.

Hi Cathy & Jen. Thank god the weekend is almost here.

My sister finally called my daughter, and told her she'd be visiting tomorrow. I am still amazed at how distant she is. Oh well, I guess I have to let her live her life how she sees fit, and not take things personal.

Today ended up being one of those days, where after the class started, I started to wish I hadn't gone, not that it was any harder than usual, but I just felt tired. I got through it, and I'm glad I went, since I may not be able to get in a workout tomorrow.

Ok, I'm off to shower and relax. Have a great night ladies.

Hello Ladies.
TGIF!!!
Iris, I have gone through hills and through valleys with my siblings. I believe it's part of relationships.
My Week 4 grade is WAY better than week 2 & 3. Praise GOD!!
Christine, I am not sure now what I would be doing if not in school. Job hunting and spending quality time with Cathe ( I believe)

BBL

Jen

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

Hi Iris! How are you feeling today? Did your sister come to see your daughter? How many siblings do you have? I have two brothers and one sister and I am much closer with my sister than my brothers. Not that we don't have a good relationship, it's just that I talk with my sister everyday either on the phone or email, but not as often with my brothers. This reminds me, I have to call them or else I'd never talk to them - LOL! The boys never make the effort. :p

Hi Jen! Congrats on your grade! I agree about hills and valleys in sibling relationships! We had a lot more valleys when we were younger, that's for sure! We are enjoying our air conditioning tonight! It's pretty muggy here so thank God for the blessing!

Hi Cathy! I hope you had a great day!

Today's workout was "Legs & Glutes" and some SI6 standing ab work. WOW is that workout a killer on the legs!! I knew I liked it, I just forgot how tough it was!! I'm glad I did it though, it felt good to concentrate on my legs. I also walked/ran for 2.0 miles. The rest of the day I spent shopping for groceries. Now it's time to relax!

Have a great night ladies! :)

No homework Friday, it may not be that way next one though. Did I tell you my house exterior wood trim is being painted for free next Saturday? Praise HIM for men's bible studies with members who like home improvement projects. Week 6 is a group project so I have my outline for this week and partial for next. HE is blessing me. Asking for wisdom and discernment on a continual basis helps.

Hi Ladies,

Oh am I glad the weekend is here. Even if it rains the whole weekend, it will be better than being at work. Sometimes the nonsense that's going on at work can really get to me. I need to start looking forward to my vacation.

No workout for me today. I spent the evening visiting with my sister. She finally came by today. We had soo much to talk about. When we get together, it's always like old times, but getting together is a different story.

I have a busy day planned for tomorrow. I am going to try to catch a class at the gym in the morning, or a workout at home. Then my daughter and I are catching a movie together, and then we are going out to dinner. My kids leave on Tuesday, so I'll try to spend some time with them the next couple days.

Have a great weekend ladies :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.