Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 6/1- Sun, 6/7)

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)

Iris, I was happy to see your post because I was starting to worry about you! I'm glad you had a nice weekend and got in a good cardio workout on Saturday. I wouldn't force yourself to do step if you're really not into it. What about trying some regular hi/lo aerobics? Do you have any of Cathe's non-step workouts? For example I can think of Maximum Intensity Cardio or the hi/lo part of Step, Jump & Pump. If you want to switch things up I think that might help. Now that your shoulder is doing better you can always try some walking too! :)

Jen, how was your weekend? How did things go at work today with the new CEO?

My throat is feeling better today, thank God! But I did end up with some type of rash on my arms from gardening! :confused: It looks like poison ivy but I didn't see any among the bushes. I'm sure it will be gone in a week or so. So far today I walked the dog, we went 3.5 miles. I plan on doing "Burn it Up" and "Slim and Limber". I have to say that I can't wait until this week of SI6 is over!!!! I am so bored now, but the results keep me going. I don't know how I'm going to get my last 6 workouts in!!! :eek:

Have a blessed day to everyone! :)

Hello Friends,
The new CEO is fine. No bio though. He isn't the one I thought they had hired.
Christine. Glad you are feeling better and are active.
Supposed to turn in group assignment tonight and read too.
Iris, how was your work today?

Jen

Hello Christine & Jen,

Work was ok today. It's going to be a bit hectic for me this month, trying to get things taken care of before I go on vacation exactly one month from today :)

Christine, thanks for the workout suggestions. I'm not crazy about hi-low workouts either. I don't know why, maybe they just seem too choreographed to me. I made it to the gym today, but didn't have much time, so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow I am taking a kickboxing class. My shoulder is feeling much better, but I'll probably still have to modifiy a bit. Oh, and I know that feeling, when you're close to finishing up a rotation, and just can't wait for it to be over, so you can move onto something else. What do you plan on doing next?

Jen, hopefully you're new CEO will be alright :)

Have a great night ladies :)

Hello Friends.
Up early today to study. Sunday, I went to a sermon that I believe was meant for me to hear and it was in the new city. HE wanted me to stay focus on my goals and what HE wants me to do and not the issues of an old friend. My new CEO must be single but no deal here. Workouts for me are walking these days. I might get injured with Cathe.
Have a Blessed Day!!

Jen

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him." (Hebrews 9:27,28)

Hi Iris! How was work today? I see the count down is officially on for your vacation! :D At least when things are tough at work, you have that to look forward to! I think you'll be okay with your KB workouts because it's not like you do the same one over and over, plus you do switch things up with the elliptical and treadmill, so that's good! I definitely wouldn't force yourself to do step or any other kind of workout you're just not into.

Ugh, I don't think I'd be dreading the end of my rotation too much if I weren't doing the same exact DVD everyday for the past 2 1/2 weeks! :p I plan on switching things up after this, starting with Turbo Jam!! :) I'm excited to try that. I also plan on doing some Cathe workouts too. I can't wait to get back into kickboxing, but for the most part I'd like to continue with circuits, since that works best for my body. I'd like to start the "Slim Series" at some point, but I definitely need a break from it for a while.

Hi Jen! Don't you love it when you hear a sermon and it speaks directly to your heart!? God is awesome! Stay focused on Him and you'll be alright! :) Good for you getting your walks in, I really enjoy walking a lot. I especially like going the park with my dog because the scenery there is just beautiful!

Today's workout was Burn it Up & Slim and Limber. I also walked today, but only 1 mile. I'm tired and it's rainy, but at least we got outside in between the sprinkles!

Have a blessed day and night!

Last edited:
Hello Friends.
Finally got some studying done tonight instead of walking, kind of cool here. Phone is ringing off the hook, but thank GOD for caller ID.
Hope you both enjoy your workouts and stay healthy.
New instructor for ECON, the other had to drop.

BBL

Jen

Hi Jen & Christine,

Today was another busy day, but I managed to take a kickboxing class at the gym. It was a fun class. I tried to go easy on my shoulder & arm, and managed to get a pretty good workout in. The last 15 minutes of the class, the instructor had us use 5 lb. dumbells for some leg work, and I ended up putting one down. I was feeling the burn just fine with one, and didn't want to risk re-injuring my shoulder.

Tomorrow I will probably do Cathe's "Push/Pull" workout for a full weight-training workout. That's a pretty good one to ease my way back into weights, and I can always go super light on the shoulder work.

Christine, I like Circuit workouts too. I will probably be doing quite a bit of those too. I can hear the dread in your voice at those last few SI6 workouts. I guess it can get boring doing the same video over and over. That's why I liked STS soo much. Even though a lot of the footage was repeated, there was enough new footage in it for me to keep things fresh.

Jen, what would we do without Caller I.D.? Our cable T.V. provider now has the phone # of the caller I.D. display on the TV. So if you're watching TV, you can decide if you want to answer the phone or not. Good for you getting your studying done :)

Have a great night ladies.

Hello Ladies.
Happy that it is Wednesday and maybe a walk tonight because of just posting to the class and reading the scenario. My new instructor seems pretty good. My last instructor had a peace and a calmness about her, not sure if she is a Believer or not.
Yes, I miss kickboxing workouts like KPC and the bootcamp/kickbox from 4DS.
Iris, That is wise that you knew when to quit to protect your shoulder.

BBL tonight.

Jen

"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:31).

Hi Iris! Whenever I do leg work I barely needs weights at all! I love just using my own body resistance to feel the burn! :) That's cool that your instructor adds some resistance training to your cardio at the gym. I can see how you'd never get bored with STS since there is a different workout everyday! I got bored with P90X due to the limited DVD's (I didn't like it for other reasons too though), so you can imagine my boredom with SI6! However, the results far outweight my boredom so I still have to say I'm glad I did it!! Only a few more days to go! :p Your caller ID sounds cool! That would be great to not even have to look at the phone since you see who is calling on your TV. What will they think of next!? ha ha

Hi Jen! How is your day going? I hope you get in a nice walk tonight! I'm glad you like your new instructor, that always helps!

I walked about 1 mile today. I'm still tired and it's still rainy!! I am taking an off day today from my workout. Today I feel completely drained of energy so I may just be a couch potato for most of the day. :p

Have a blessed day everyone! :)

Thank GOD, it's Wednesday and it's over. It was an odd day at work. Time for a walk then to read again for school.
Have fun working out ladies!!

Hello Ladies,

Christine, I hear ya on the couch potato idea. I had one of those days again where I just felt drained, but at the same time, due to the stress at work, I just couldn't wait to get out of there and get home to my workout. I really needed to burn off some of that stress. I also feel that I don't need much weight to get a good lower body workout. I kept that in mind today when I did "Push/Pull". It actually went pretty well, just enough for me in this recovery state I find myself in, lol.

Jen, sounds like you may have had one of those work days too? I too was soo glad when the day was over today. I left there promptly at 5PM, and hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Have a great night ladies.

Prayer Request for me please. I ask for wisdom and discerment for my next paper, I read the scenario and don't know which way to go.
Yes, Iris. Praise HIM that today is over. Time for a new job for me.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Hi Jen! Did you make any decisions regarding your paper yet? I will keep this in prayer for you! How was your day?

Hi Iris! How was your day today? Did you get any workouts in? We are in for a lot of rain tomorrow, is it the same by you?

Today's workout was Burn it UP/Slim & Limber and a 3 mile walk. My dog has been growling at almost everyone that tries to come up to me at the park lately, it's strange because she is a really loving and friendly dog. She doesn't do that when my husband is with me, so I guess it's her protecting me! At first I was upset with her, but now I'm glad because I feel more safe walking alone! :) Anyway, I am sooooo burned out on SI6, sorry I know I've been saying this everyday this week, lol. It's more than just mental now, my muscles just can't seem to take it anymore. I don't know if I'll make it 2 more days, we'll see! Otherwise I may start my recovery early.

I hope you both had a nice day!

Today was a lot better day, although allergies are coming on strong. No decisions about paper but a few minor hints on what to do next.
Christine. Yes, be happy that your dog is protecting you. My cats protect me when I am sick. Keep him with you on all your walks.
Iris, what did you do today besides work hard at your job?

"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him." (1 Thess 5:9-10)

Hi ladies! I pray you are enjoying your day - TGIF! :)

Iris, I saw your post about your shoulder and hope you are feeling okay. Did it get worse? I am thinking of you.

Jen, any decisions on your paper? How are your allergies doing? I get them too and I know how miserable they can make you feel! :(

Today's workout was "Burn it up" & "Slim & Limber". No walk today because it's been raining all day. I did get to go to the shelter this morning and had a nice time. I wish I could adopt all the animals!

Have a great day/night! :)

TGIF!! I second Christine.
Allergies are bad, somewhat better about my paper but I am feeling lonely tonight. It rarely happens but I found myself asking HIM to bring the love of a man. As if I have time to be in a relationship especially a new one that needs time to grow.
Going to bed early tonight, today was another one of those days at work
Praise HIM for weekends!!!

Hello Christine & Jen,

Christine, how many more workouts left in your rotation to complete SI6? I'm sure you will do the dance of joy when you're done, lol.

Thanks for asking about my shoulder :) I just figured I'd post the question here, since soo many people weight train, and I'm always reading about various injuries. I thought I could get some advise. It's not worse thank goodness. Actually it is soo much better, but I'm still not pain free, and I still haven't done anything about the physical therapy the orthopedist recommended. I was hoping someone could give me an idea what I can expect from P.T. if I opt to try it out. I think my problem is basically that I am too impatient. I don't like down time, and keep pushing to get back to where I was. I also feel that I'm working out uneven, when I'm lifting weights these days, because I've had to drop the amount of weights I lift substantially. I know I just need patience. I need to give my body time to heal. Today I did Muscle Max, and I could feel some pulling in that area, which made me back down quickly. Yesterday in kickboxing, I also had to shake my arm out periodically. I just really, really need to exercise patience more than my body. I need to accept my limitations for now.

Jen, feeling lonely is perfectly normal and understanding. I've had that feelings at times, even when I was not alone at home, if that makes any sense. I am with you on being glad the weekend is here. I had one of those crazy weeks too, and unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get much better from now until I go on vacation. I don't mind working hard, it's the mental stress I can do without.

It's been raining here all day. I'm waiting for my daughter to get back home. She left on a school trip yesterday to Boston. Can you believe that's their 7th grade end of the year class trip. Next year she gets to go to Washington, DC. They have been going non-stop since they left yesterday, so I'm sure she is going to be sleeping in late tomorrow. I miss my little brat, lol.

Ok ladies, let's all have a great weekend. Chat more tomorrow :)

Hello Ladies.
Yahoo for Saturdays!! My goal is to apply text to the paper with some outside research. The assignment written appears that it does not apply to text but it must so that is what I plan to do. Allergies are still here but not feeling as lonely today.
The new CEO is a person whom I attended college with back in the 1980s but I had never met him, we know alot of mutual people.

BBL

Jen

"I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20)

Happy weekend ladies! :)

Hi Jen! I'm glad you are feeling better today and not so lonely. It can be hard at times when you feel alone, but remember you are never alone! God is always with you and will provide you with the right relationship at the right time! :) Good luck with your school work and enjoy your weekend!

Hi Iris! I know how hard it is to wait for an injury to heal. About 3 years ago I broke my right foot and I was sooo upset!! I was lucky enough to not need a cast though so I made the best of it and took up swimming for my cardio and started lifting for my upper body. Back then I used to do all cardio and not much weights. So, if there are things you can do that don't aggrevate the shoulder, like walking or swimming, I saw go for it! You never know, you may develop a new passion until you can get back into your old routines full swing! :)

I am officially done with Slim in 6! WOO HOO!!!! :p :D I was supposed to do one more workout today, but that is not happening. I am too mentally and physically drained from it! I have an instruction book that came with the series and it says by week 6 your body will be maxed out. They weren't kidding! I am taking an off weekend with nothing but nice long stretches and maybe some light activity like walking. I didn't take measurements but there is no doubt I've lost inches from my waist/hips and my arms are super toned! It's like I can't even believe it's me when I look in the mirror! :) Overall I lost 5 lbs. Hoorah! I am so glad that's over and very happy with the results!

My hubby and I are off to get some breakfast out and then run some errands. The weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend!!

Blessings to all! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.