Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 4/20 - Sun, 26)

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
(John 16:33)

Iris, what do you have planned for your recovery week? Can you believe you're already up to Meso 3?? How is your grandmother doing? I hope you had a nice night with your daughter!

Jennifer, how was your weekend? Congrats on your great grades at school!

Well, my temperature ended up going back up yesterday afternoon so I started a course of antibiotics which helped with the fever and my sore throat/swollen glands. I'm still suffering with a bad cough/congestion and overall feeling of "blah" so I'm seeing my doctor this afternoon for a follow up. I do feel better than last week, so that's good!

My hubby and I went out to breakfast yesterday (I somehow made it through!) and then just spent the day at home for our Anniversary. But it was nice and I got some yummy chocolates to snack on! :p

No workouts for me!!

Hellos and blessings to all! :)

Hello Christine, Iris, and all to follow.
Thank you, I praise GOD for my grades.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Did some job hunting today on my day off now it's time to get back to studying.

Have a Great Night.

Hello Ladies,

How did you make out at your doctor's appt. Christine? Sounds like you have an infection of some sort going on. That's usually what causes a fever. The cough is always the last thing to go :( Glad to see you posting again :)

Hi Jennifer. Good luck with your job hunting :) and Congrats on the good grades :)

Christin, my grandmother is doing better. I called my parents up today to say my goodbye's again, as they leave for Florida tonight, and my dad said, she was at the table eating with them. That was good to hear, because she was in her room for days. Thanks for asking.

I can't believe how fast STS is going. When I did P90, I remember counting down the days for the end to come, and with STS, I don't even really look to see how much longer I have. I am enjoying having a planned rotation for now :)

For my recovery week, I plan to just mix things up. Today, I did one of my old Taebo live tapes. Those are killer workouts. I also did Muscle Max abs segment. I plan to go to the gym and getting in some elliptical and treadmill workouts. Thursday, I will probably take the kickboxing class. Even though it is rather repetitive, since I'm not lifting weights this week, I will enjoy it more. On Friday I will probably do a heavy bag workout. Nothing planned really, but lots of ideas, lol.

Have a great night ladies.

Hello Ladies,

Looks like I'm the first one to post today. Christine, I hope & pray you are feeling better today?

How are things going with you Jennifer?

Well, I wasn't able to get to the gym in time for the 5:30 Kickboxing class today, so I settled for 30 minutes on the elliptical. I guess that's better than no workout at all.

Hello Friends.
The job hunt went basically well, I believe I haven't found the job yet. School is going well and I will enjoy my week off with a student workshop to attend so I will have half school. My new academic counselor is impressed plus he seems real.
Work on the other hand is the same old thing. My CEO is a micro-manager instead of being a leader, rather frustrating. During my review without a pay raise, I will be tested but I will have a positive attitude either way. Knowing that HIS plan for my future doesn't involve my current employer. Life is good.

Have a Blessed Night.

"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." (John 8:12)

Good morning ladies!

Iris, I'm glad your grandma was up and about with your parents before they left, that's a good sign! I bet your parents love living in Florida with the nice warm weather! How long have they lived there? My mother-in-law lived in Florida with my hubby's step-dad before she passed away. We went there to visit them about 2 years ago and it was a really nice, relaxing time. It was winter in NY, so it was a nice change of temperature for us! How are you enjoying your recovery week?

Did you get that bad storm last night?? The thunder actually rattled our house!

Jennifer, you have a great attitude at work! God will provide the right job for you in this new place you plan on moving to.

I am on day 4 (out of 5) of my antibiotics and feeling much better. I'm still couging a bit and a little congested, but no fever since Monday and feeling much better!

No workouts for me!

Blessings to all! :)

Hello Jennifer & Christine. We've been having some pretty crappy weather here, but we need the rain, so can't complain. Oh yes Christine, we got that storm yesterday too. In fact, it was hailing and I thought our roof was leaking because it sounded soo loud. So far today we've just gotten light drizzle. At least the weekend is supposed to be really nice, which is great.

Jennifer, glad your trip went well. I'm sure god will open doors for you. You have a great attitude, and are a wonderful example for me :) I actually got some uplifting news yesterday. It seems lately all we hear about is companies closing, and more people getting laid off, but yesterday one of the girls I work with who's sister just lost her job a week ago. A very good paying job at that, and she was very concerned. When she found out she was being laid off, she decided to move out of her condo and rent it out, because she figured it would take a long time to find another job. Well, she wasn't out of work one full week when she landed a new position. They are going to pay her what she was making at the old place, but are actually going to try to give her a little more. She was actually miserable at the old job, so sometimes things that seem terrible, turn out to be a godsend. I was happy to hear her news, and hopeful about my own future.

Christine, I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better :)

I went to the gym with my daughter today, and did 30 minutes cardio on the TM and 15 minutes Elliptical. My daughter is starting to ask me to bring her to the gym with me now, which is good. Not only do I get more bang for my buck, since she comes for free, but it's also good for her to get some exercise. Please keep praying for her, she's still having those stomach pains, and I plan to take her for blood work this Saturday. I have to go myself, so I figure we'll both get done at once.

Hello Friends.
Today, once again, I understood why a former co-worker and Believer filed a lawsuit against my current employer for stress and for harassement and WON!! Tonight, I was so stressed and tired from work that my homework has not been finished for tomarrow. A friend called me and sent me info. to help me out with it. She was stunned that I was so down. I keep letting HIM know that I can't do it anymore. Most of upper management operate on the dark side and focus on things that won't improve business.
I have to believe I can get through this assignment and that life will get better with a new job in a new company.
Thanks for reading.

"Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off." (Proverbs 23:17,18)

Hi Iris! What a nice story about your co-worker's sister. The Lord always provides and I'm glad you have a positive story as an example of that! When I was laid off my husband was only working part-time, but was offered a good paying full time position the next week! :) Glad to hear your daughter is joining you at the gym, it's good that you two have that quality time. Thanks for the TJ's!! I just received Slim in 6 today and I've been previewing it. I'm pretty excited to get started on Monday. Lets pray I continue to get healthy, and stay that way this time!

Hi Jennifer! God knows and understands your frustrations. Just keep leaning on Him and He will get you through each day! Have you ever heard the motto "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it" ? I like that one! He certainly will bring you through anything!

No workouts for me, still recovering. I get winded so easily doing things, it's because there is still so much congestion in my chest. I'm looking forward to being 100%

Good night and God bless ladies! :)

Thanks,Christine.
At work, HE gave me insight on EXCEL. I have never been formally trained on it so it is the cause of much frustration with school. Work is going better but it only lasts for short periods.
Have a Blessed Night.

Hi Jennifer,

I could really hear your frustration through your post. I understand how you must feel. I feel that negative vibe in the air where I work too. It feels stifling.

Where I work, they make it mandatory that we use instant messenger. There are always co-workers of mine who will start IM'g negative things. Today was the kind of day where there was such tension in the air, and all I wanted was to just work in peace, but one of my co-workers kept sending me instant messages with all kinds of negative things to say. I basically told her that I wasn't going to concentrate on the negativity in the office, but was just going to tune it out, and keep focused on my job.

It really makes it difficult to stay positive under a negative environment, but all we can do is hang in there :)

Hi Christine,

Glad to hear you are feeling better :) Hopefully, by Monday you will be ready to jump back into your workouts. Glad so far, Slim 6 looks good :)

I agree with your advise to Jennifer. I love that motto too.

My workout today was kickboxing class and 12 minutes on the TM. It's really starting to get to me now that the routine is the same every week. Next week, I may just get my cardio in at home.

No problem about the T.J.'s. I will be sending them out to you tomorrow or Monday. They are fun.

Have a good night ladies.

Hi Iris,
some of my management if not all is frustrated with me because I don't participate in gossip and the other things that the people trying to brown their way up the ladder do. My email is flat and I never talk personal at work. A co-worker got reprimanded for telling me what a meeting was about that happened on my day off. I told them it was quite obivious that it was not happening. For my co-worker, I believe it was stupid of them to do that to her. They make a big deal of the wrong stuff instead of focusing on market shares and gaining business.

Hello Ladies,

TGIF :) Jennifer, I'm sure you will agree, lol.

I had another one of those days today. My daughter was in pain again today, and I ended up making another trip to the doctor with her. Very concerned, since this week she took off 2 days from school and last week was Spring break, so I know she must be in pain, when she didn't want to go to school. The doctor really frustruated me. She came across as though I was being a hypocondriat. Insisting that this sounds like a classic case of gastritis. I told her my daughter gained weight suddenly, and that this pain has been ongoing. In fact, we have been to see her 3x already with the same complaint, and she acted like it was the first time she was seeing Jalyn. She then seemed annoyed because I asked her for a Gastro physician's referral. Very frustrating. I am going to give the Zantac, at least another week, and if I don't see any improvement, I will definitely seek another physician's advise.

I didn't feel like working out today, but pushed myself and did Tae-bo AL1. I used to love Taebo, but lately I haven't been enjoying them much at all. If I do cardio tomorrow, I will do a Turbo Jam, but I'm considering starting Meso 3 on Sunday, so may take a rest day tomorrow. We'll see.

Have a great night everyone, and enjoy the weekend. It's going to be beautiful in NJ this weekend :)

"In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." (Ephesians 4:26-27)

Hello Iris & Jennifer!

Iris, I can understand your frustration! You would think that since this is your third visit with the same complaint, that the doctor would take it a little more seriously. I think you did the right thing by asking for a referral to a gastro. If the meds don't work after another week or so, you are right in seeking a second opinion. I will keep your daughter in prayer! Is Tae Bo intense? I know we talked about not being into "intense" workouts so much anymore. That's probably why you didn't enjoy it as much. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here in NY this weekend too, I can't wait! :)

Jennifer, it's never easy to be the "different" one at work. I used to get a lot of persecution myself when I wouldn't partake in all the worldly nonsense that would go on. But you are doing the right thing in God's eyes and what HE thinks is all that matters!

No workouts for me today. I actually had a pretty bad headache all day - ahhh!!! What is going on?? :( Ah well, I am hopeful for a better day tomorrow.

Blessings to all and have a great night my friends!

Hello Ladies,
Christine, yes, you are correct. It's never easy to be different at work even when there are other Believers whom sometime participate in it. Hope your headache has gone away.
Saturday is home work and walking for me. One more week of school then one week off, unexpected, but they are waiting to take me off of AP for my B- on my first class.
Have a Blessed Night.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice!" (Philipians 4:4)

Iris, how is your daughter feeling today? Are you enjoying this beautiful weather??! What did you decide about starting Meso 3? I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Jennifer, I hope you are also enjoying the weekend! Did you get to go for your walk today?

What a difference a week makes! I feel a lot better today - still have congestion/cough though. My hubby and I took our dog for a nice long walk earlier in the day. Then, I got the "fun" task of cleaning out my cats' litter boxes done. :p It was nice though because I can finally do it outside again!! After that I watered some grass that my hubby planted. He's been outside all day working on our shed. It's been a really nice day outdoors. Despite using sunscreen I still got quite red! I'm ready for a nap now, LOL.

No workouts for me!

Hellos and blessings to all!

Hello Ladies,

Wow, what a beautiful day we have been blessed with today :) I actually heard myself say it was too hot! Believe me, I never say that, lol.

My daughter and I had a super busy day. We both got up early to go for our blood work. I woke up with one of the worse migraine headaches. Probably a mix of going without coffee for soo long. Still pushed myself to get the blood work out of the way. I also went and got my eyes checked. That didn't go soo well. I have to go back for 2 more exams. A retake of my perifiral vision, and the glaucoma test which I didn't feel like taking today. I had had enough after that, but of course, my daughter wanted me to take her to Walmart for clothes. I spent too much, but we don't go shopping that often, lol. That kid knows how to take advantage of me, lol. She knows I feel bad she's going through these stomach issues and will give her just about anything she wants. She said she's had the pain today, but since we've been walking around a lot, she's been able to deal with it. She says it's worst in the morning when she gets up, and when she sits for long periods of time. I am exhausted from all the running around.

I ended up taking my Rest day today, and decided to Start Meso 3 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back to weights :)

Christine, I'm soo glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Are you starting Slim in 6 on Monday? Oh, I have your T.J.'s ready to mail out on Monday. I meant to send them out yesterday, but with running around with my daughter's doctor appt. during lunch, I forgot to bring them to work with me. I can't wait for you to check them out :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies.

Can't believe it's Sunday evening already. One more week of school then supposed to go to a party Sat night and a birthday party for my nephew. With one week off of school.
It finally quit raining here, everyone stay healthy!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.