Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 3/30 - Sun, 4/5)

"Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:4-5)

Good morning everyone,

Iris, I'm glad you got to spend some time with your brother and that he's doing so well after surgery! How sweet that he made dinner for you and your husband! I'm sure you didn't expect that considering he just had surgery! Why do you think Week 2 of Meso 2 will be tough this week? I guess the workouts get progressively more challenging? I'll be keeping your work time in prayer! Before you know it, busy season will be over. :)

Jennifer, I'm glad you got some rest on Sunday without having to worry about homework!

I'll post later if I decide to workout today. I need to call my doctor for some new antibiotics. Depending on how I feel, I may continue to rest until I'm sure I'm ready to get back into my workouts.

Hello and blessings to all who follow!

Hello Friends.
How are you? I feel blessed tonight that HE is leading me in the direction I need to be in. I am confident about my future. Currently, I am rebuilding networks from my old college on Linked In and Facebook. My church turned down my home project request on a common site without reason so I emailed the person who cancelled me out and suggested that they contact the person sending the request so the person knows why the project got cancelled. I admit I was stunned when this person cancelled me out.
Better news- I have peace about this week's school work.

Hello Ladies,

Looks like it's the three of us in this together, lol.

Jennifer, how does your church home project work? I am wondering if it's a home meeting group you are referring to? I'm glad you have peace about this week's assignments :) The Lord always provides wisdom.

Christine, did you get a new antibiotic yet? How are you feeling? I'm sure the rest is doing you good :) Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. Work was a little less stressful today, but I'm sure tomorrow I will be running in every direction. I need to stay calm and just do the best job I can. I had such anxiety last night, and woke up many times throughout the night. It was soo bad, I just wanted to get to work and get my day over with. That is pretty bad. I don't usually think about work much during my weekends. I really felt overwhelmed on Friday. I've been taking my Xanas daily, just to manage. Once I get through this week, things will be better :)

Well, today, I started STS Week 2. I have to admit, I felt some of the weight-lifting was a little much for me. There were endless reps, and I started feeling discomfort in my left shoulder during Chest presses. I lowered the weights a bit, and kept going. Then during tricep work, my left elbow started aching. Again, I listened to my body and dropped down in weights. I think I did ok listening to my body, and don't expect anything other than the normal type of soreness tomorrow. We'll see what happens if I make it to kickboxing class tomorrow. I may have to shake my arms out several times, lol. I'm not even sure I'll be able to get out of work in time to make the gym class, but I'm hoping :)

Christine, I LOVE your new signature line. It's beautiful :)

Good night ladies.

Hey Christine, Iris and Jennifer,

Been MIA lately on the forums. Dealing with some health issues and I've been a little down. But God will make a way. He always does.

Christine, get well girl!! We can't have our fearless Forum leader down and out. We depend on you. : ) Love ya sister!

Iris, praying you find peace on the midst of the storm. I rely on Xanax at times too. God gives us meds for a reason. Although I need to rely on HIS peace and joy and not what a drug can give me. Why is it so dang hard for some of us? Please, take it from us Lord, and don't let us have it back. Please!! :eek:)

Jennifer, you keep working it girl! You have the spirit and fortitude to excel in whatever you do. It's quite obvious you have an agenda and no one will deter you from it. Good Luck and God Bless!!

Karen

Hello Ladies,

Christine, I hope you are ok today? Seeing that you haven't posted today makes me a little worried. I'm still praying for your speedy recovery.

Karen, I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with health issues. I'll be praying for you. Thank you for your encouraging words as well :) I was a little less stressed today at work. Gotta little reprieve, which was nice. Tomorrow will probably be another crazy one, but I'll get through it :)

Hi Jennifer. How are you today?

The kickboxing class was tough today. Tuesday's instructor loves bootcamp type workouts, so as a warm-up, she had go outside and run around the building once. We ran back into the building and she went non-stop from that point on. Just before the cool-down, all you could hear were sighs and heavy breathing, and "oh my God, I'm dying", lol. Seems many felt that way. I was spent after that class. I may have to go a little lighter on my leg workout tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

Hello Friends.
It appears from The Common, a website designed for churches to build community through service, that my project request was misunderstood. The church thought I was asking for money to pay for it but I was asking for assistance on what product to buy for the product. I will try again later this week with it.
About school, I believe my instructor likes me. I googled his name and he is quite successful. I told him and the class that I google searched his name and was impressed. He appears to be single. I hope my grades reflect my work results though.

Have a Blessed Day/

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night." (Psalm 1:1,2)

Hello everyone!

Iris, I was going to post a few times yesterday but kept getting interrupted. Thanks for your concern though! :) Sounds like your KB instructor really challenges you guys, that's awesome. Her class sounds like a lot of fun. If I lived closer, I'd have to come and join you! Good luck with your leg work today!

I had a somewhat busy day yesterday and still felt yucky, so we'll see what today brings! I have my follow up doctor's appointment today, so I'm hoping that all goes well. Yesterday we finished our Bible study on the "Sermon on the Mount", it was such an awesome study and I really learned a lot more about the Lord. I am so thankful for our leader, she is very knowledgeable! I highly, highly, highly recommend Kay Arthur's Bible studies!!

Karen, it is always so nice to hear from you! I am keeping you in my prayers and hope you are feeling some relief today!! I get down too when I'm sick, especially for an extended period of time. But you always have such a positive attitude about things and trust in the Lord! :)

Jennifer, I'm glad things worked out for you with your Church project!

I decided no workouts until I'm done with this round of antibiotics - other than walking the dog! This will be 3 weeks out, I'm wondering what my endurance/strength will be like when I get back to it! I'm glad I have my Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD to start with!! :p

Blessings and hellos to all who follow! What happened to everyone??

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

Today was another crazy busy day at work. I was able to get two more renewals out. Geez, I really hope for a little break the rest of the week.

STS - Legs was one tough workout today. I'll admit, I just went with my own judgement, and ignored the 75% weights suggested. My legs are strong for things such as squats and deadlifts, but those lunges are murder on my legs, lol. Of course, I was tired from work too, so that made me fatigue much quicker, and my heart-rate kept spiking up like crazy.

Christine, how'd you make out at the doctor's today? Glad all was well yesterday. We miss you when you don't post.

Hello Jennifer, Karen and all who follow.

Well, I'm off for a little relaxation. Check in with you tomorrow.

"For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones."
(Proverbs 2:6-8)

Hello everyone!

Iris, I hope the rest of your work week is less stressful! I give you credit tackling a weight series like STS after working so hard all day! I think it was a good idea that you used your own judgement with weights last night. I remember the last time you tried to push yourself you ended up with a back ache. Leg workouts really get my heart rate high too! I always feel like I get a good cardio workout in too when I am working legs, LOL.

My doctor's appointment went well. They're going to send some tests to the lab just to verify what may be going on, but my doctor wasn't concerned and I am feeling better on my antibiotics.

Still no workouts for me yet.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow!

Hello Everyone,

Christine, it's always reassuring when you're doctor doesn't seem concerned. That always makes me feel better. When they look concerned, then I get concerned, lol. I'll be praying for favorable results with the rest of your medical tests.

I got good news today from my doctor too. I called for my results and everything looks normal. I was a little worried when the tech came back for a compression x-ray, but thankfully, all appears normal. I feel relieved about that.

Also, I had a much better day at work today, thank the Lord. I had one more renewal to get out, but not the pressure that came with the others. Now, I'm just praying everything is found to be in order.

I'm glad I listened to my body yesterday. I had my weighted vest on, and took it off about mid-way into the workout. My back was feeling it more than my legs. Even with using my own judgement with the weights, I still feel some (good) soreness in my butt, calfs & hamstrings. I think I could actually do a leg workout without using weights and still get results.

Kickboxing class was ok, but it was KPC again! I'm starting to wonder when this instructor is going to switch up the routine. I think I'm a little spoiled. I used to take Kickboxing classes at a Taekwondo Studio, and they were black-belt instructors who had some choreography, but mostly they went to the beat of the music, and always switched things up. The classes were super intense, and that's why I haven't gone back, but I do miss the variety of those classes :)

Ok, I'm off to go pay some bills online. Fun, fun, lol. Have a great night ladies.

Thank GOD, it is Friday.
Yesterday, it was difficult to find an answer for a discussion question in class and still no answer.
Most of Saturday will be for homework.

May our LORD smile on you all.

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)

I think I've posted this scripture before, but it's a favorite of mine. It's a good reminder to keep the right focus.

Iris, I'm so glad to hear your tests came back normal, I had a feeling they would! :) I'm also glad to hear you had a better day at work yesterday. Hopefully today wasn't as stressful for you either, and TGIF! When I worked in the legal field I was stressed almost all the time. There were days where I could give it to God, but unfortunately there were many more days than not that it got to me. There was ALWAYS some sort of emergency or last minute rush project. I don't wish a stressful work environment upon anyone! I am so glad to be out of that field and hope to never have to return!! Is there another cardio class you could do on Thursdays, or maybe do a workout at home? Doing the same thing over and over definitely gets boring, plus your body will adapt.

Jennifer, I hope you get that answer you've been looking for regarding your class work! Good luck with your homework tomorrow and yes, TGIF to you too!! :)

Karen, I am praying you are feeling much better these days!

I finish my antibiotics tomorrow and I'm so happy about that. I hate taking any kind of medication (except Motrin) and will avoid it when I can. Today is a rainy day here in NY, so I'm spending it indoors, which is fine. No workout for me today.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! Have a blessed weekend to all!

Good news, I believe HE put it in my head during work. I got excited to be the first to post my response since no one else did and I was. Thank GOD, that stress is over. I thought I would check my response to someone else. I believe NOW everyone else will post. My friend called me from DC to tell me that no one has posted, I then told her I was just finishing mine up.
Thank GOD for the wisdom HE gives us even when it will be used later.
TGIF!!

Hello Ladies,

It was a very rainy day here in NJ today too. Very gloomy.

It was a much better day at work today. I really needed the break too, after such a stressful week.

Christine, I can always workout at home on Thursdays if the class keeps on repeating itself. I just try to get there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, because STS keeps me at home for 3 of my workout days, but I can always go for the cardio equipment. The Elliptical is a great workout for me. I wear my HRM, and I can already see, I'm not burning as many calories as I used to during Thursday's class, and I think it's because my body is adapting to the workout, so I need to switch things up. The good thing is that I ear my HRM also when I do STS, and lifting heavy gives me a cardio effect too, so I feel like I'm burning calories while lifting too :)

Today's workout was Back & Biceps, and STS Pilates Abs segment. I really enjoyed the back & bicep work much more than Monday's Ch/Sh & Tric. I may have just been a little more tired on Monday to begin with.

Well, I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me. My daughter has a dentist appt. at 12:00 PM. I'll be going to my cousins tomorrow night for a girls night out. I'll be looking forward to seeing my cousins.

On Sunday, I'm taking my daughter to a professional woman's soccer game. I'm more excited than she is, lol.

Ok ladies, have a great night and weekend.

"And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe." (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Happy weekend everyone!

Iris, I didn't even think of that, how you workout at home 3x per week because of STS. It's nice to have the change by going to the gym! I'd like to get one of those HR monitors, I'd love to know my calories burned during workouts. I hope you are enjoying your busy weekend! Have lots of fun with your cousins tonight and enjoy the soccor game tomorrow! Hopefully you will have some time to check in with us! :)

Jennifer, glad to hear things are going well with class. Sometimes it takes one person to take the first step, and then others follow. Sounds like that's what happened with you!

No workouts today. I'm having a "cousins night" myself tonight! My hubby and I are going to meet up with my sister, her husband, and some of my cousins and have a BBQ and apparently we're going to play "Wii", which I've never done before! I've played "Wii Fit" and that was pretty cool.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow. Have a great weekend! :)

Hello Ladies,

I just completed my workout. I ended up doing one of my oldies - Taebo Live Advanced Vol. 1. Those Taebo workouts are pretty fast paced, but I got over not wanting to hit pause as needed, lol.

Christine, your scripture is soo on the money for me today. I was talking to my daughter earlier along the subject of your scripture today. I just found out yesterday through my daughter, that my 19 year old son Nick has been doing some "biblical" research online, and while I am glad about this, and feel it is the holy spirit speaking to him, I am also concerned that he listen to the right person(s). There is soo much deception in this world, that we really need to watch who we follow. I was having a conversation with my daughter this morning, about how the answers we need are in the bible, and how soo many people dismiss the bible, as a man-made book and not what it really is, "The Word of God". I was telling her how if you read what it says, you will find that it really lines up with what we see going on today. I guess I'm getting a little deep here, but your scripture just seemed soo timely after my discussion with Jalyn this morning :)

Enjoy your time out this evening :) It's nice to get out with family and friends :)

About the gym, there is also another class called "Power Hour" that I can take, but it is strength based. They have strength training equipment similar to Curves, which I'm not crazy about, and since I am doing STS, I figure it would be too much. So, while I do look forward to getting out of the house 2x a week for my cardio, I don't want to do the same class every week either, so maybe I'll start switching up and taking the KB class only every other Thursday. Tuesday's classes are fine, since that instructor always switches things up.

Hi Jennifer, glad to hear your class is going well :) I hope you're having a good weekend.

Karen, you're in my prayers.

Check in again tomorrow :)

Hello Everyone,
The snow is coming, MSU won :),and I am waiting for my week one grade for QBR. Today, I feel I need to do some networking and sending some resumes out today.
Have a Blessed Day.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them." (Matthew 7:15-20)

Iris, I posted that scripture for you! :) I'm glad to hear your son is exploring scripture but you're right, you need to make sure what he is reading is accurate. There is so much information out there that are only half-truths or flat out lies. I believe we are living in a very "new age", deceptive time and need to be on our guards more than ever. There are a lot of preachers out there today who attract people by what they preach, but they are seriously misleading people from the Truth! The Bible study I did on the Sermon on the Mount included study on the above scripture and the entire chapters 5, 6 and 7 of Matthew. Kay Arthur's motto is "discover the truth for yourself" which is what I love about her studies. You use cross referenced scriptures and a concordance to look up words in the original greek or hebrew to determine the scriptures meaning, rather than relying on commentaries. (Not that all commentaries are bad). If you'd like I can send you a copy of the part of our study which touched upon false teaching. All the cross-referenced scriptures gave characterisitics of false teachers so you would know what to look out for (ie - good fruit vs bad fruit). This was my first Kay Arthur study so it took some time to get used to, but now I love it. I can study my Bible more in depth now. I highly recommend her studies!

Okay, on to workouts... :p I guess it would be wise for you to stay away from Power Hour since you're doing STS, but switching up your cardio on Thursdays sounds like a good idea! Are you moving on to Week 3 of Meso 2 next week already??

Did you have fun with your cousins girls night out? We had a nice time at our cousin's house. We had a BBQ and played Wii, which was pretty fun. My hubby beat me in tennis :D, but then the boys were getting pretty competitive, LOL.

Jennifer, it's snowing where you live!?? My sister was happy that MSU won also because apparently she has an office pool going and if she wins, she gets $1K! Good luck finding out your grade today!

Karen, I am praying all is well with you and your hubby!

I'm looking forward to starting my workouts next week again! Since it's so nice out today my hubby and I are planning on a walk with the dog.

Blessings and hellos to all who follow!

Good Morning Ladies,

Jennifer good luck with your grade, and networking today :) I hope you don't get too much snow.

Thank you soo much for the great scripture Christine. That's exactly what I was trying to explain to my son too. He had me watching some documentary yesterday about all of our presidents in the United States. I'll tell you, I didn't want to watch it, because I have never been into history like that, but I really felt I needed to know what he's listening to, so I watched part of it. It was pretty crazy stuff. I'm not sure I believe it all, but some of it is possible, and pretty scarry too.

I am going to look into Kay Arthur's bible studies. Some time ago, I looked into it, but it was a very expensive series. I'm going to look again and see what I find. I also want to look into Sermon on the Mount. It's important to read the right materials.

Cousins night out was lots of fun. There were "8" of us cousins there, and 6 kids, including my daughter. My cousin didn't invite the aunts, which I had been looking forward to seeing. They said it was just a time for the girls, lol. Some of my cousins are soo funny. I don't remember laughing soo much in a while, lol. They played dominos, which I don't know how to play, and a group of us played "Trouble", lol. One round of Trouble was enough for me.

Today is my rest day, and I'll be going to that woman's soccer game with my daughter. I have my GPS set, and hopefully will get there and back with no problem.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Christine is the portion of study you have on false prophets, emailable. If it is, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd love to read it. You have my email address :) I know you are very knowlegeable when it comes to the bible :)

No snow yet. Networking has gone well, I told a friend "all systems are go" for the upcoming changes in my life. I have faith in HIM and I am positive that the changes will be made.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.