Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 3/23-Sun, 3/29)

Good morning!

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12)

I had a nice restful past few days! It's good to be back checking in with my sisters in Christ. I have been feeling somewhat ill for almost 10 days now, if you could please keep that in prayer I would appreciate it. I'm not even sure if I'm going to exercise today because of it, but if I do I will keep it very light.

Iris, I can't believe you're already on Meso 2! Time sure does fly. I checked out Cathe's new workout series after I saw you mention it. It looks cool, but I'm hoping she will sell the DVD's separately and not just in a bundle.

Jennifer, good luck house hunting! Although you don't need "luck" do you? ;) I should say - be BLESSED house hunting! :)

I prayer all others are in good health and doing well.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello Everyone,

Christine, it's great to have you posting again :) I missed you.

You mentioned doing Basic Step, and I've been thinking of going back to my basic step workouts. I think they are good enough to get the job done, without killing myself.

I ended up taking a rest day today. Kind of swapped yesterday for today. I didn't get home until 7:30 PM and just did not have th energy to workout.

Have a great evening ladies.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2)

Good morning to all!

Iris, yes it was nice to do Basic Step because it did get my heart rate up, wasn't too long, and I didn't feel like dying! LOL Maybe it would be a nice change of pace for you from kickboxing for a while. Glad you had a nice rest night! What is the plan with Meso 2 for today?

Today I plan on doing Body Fusion. EDITING TO ADD: Today is actually an off day. I wanted to do BF, but it just didn't work out today. Well, I guess I did only say I "planned" to do it, lol. :)

Blessings and hello to all who follow. :)

Last edited:
Christine, you're in my prayers. Hopefully you will get back to normal real soon :)

I had one of those days today. My daughter now seems to have come down with some cold, and being I've been worried about her feeling tired, and just not herself lately, I decided to get her to the doctor again. We saw a different doctor than the last time, and she thinks it's a combination of allergies, a cold, and just being really tired. The doctor asked her what time she usually goes to bed, and Jalyn tried to beat around the bush, but then admitted, she goes to bed quite late, sometimes 12:00 to 1:00AM. The doctor explained to her that teenagers need more sleep than adults, and basically decided that's why Jalyn is soo run down. Hopefully, she will get to bed earlier now.

I also had to go for my mamography today, and pray all turns out normal with that. I always get nervous when they come back for one more picture. Even though the tech. told me it looked the same as last year, but she just wanted a better picture. I didn't quite buy that one.

After all of that, I came home and did Meso 2 - Disc 13 - Legs. Those tri-sets are killers. The workout did go by really fast, but my legs felt fried toward the end. I feel soo drained of energy right now, lol.

Hope you are all having a good day. Check in with you again tomorrow.

Hi Everyone.
My next class has begun but I believe in CHRIST that I can do this. Quantative Business Reasoning is a combo of stats, finance, accounting, and econ for 6 weeks continously.
Prayers are much appreciated.
BBL this week

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

Good morning everyone!

Iris, thank you for your prayers. It is so frustrating to feel this way! I made a doctor's appointment for today, so we'll see how that goes. Sounds like your doctor may have gotten to the bottom of your daughter's problem! She is so active in sports and gettig proper sleep is so important! I will pray she takes his advice and goes to bed earlier and gets her much needed rest. I'll also say a prayer about your mammogram results. I've had tests done where they've wanted "better pictures" and the tests have always come back fine. I'm sure that's all the tech wanted to do, so don't worry! "Do not be anxious about anything ... (Phil 4:6) " ;) Much easier said than done though, right? How are your legs feeling today?

Jennifer, your class sounds tough. But you have the right attitude! :) I will keep this in prayer for you.

I'm not sure about a workout again today, it just doesn't seem like my body is quite up to it. If I do get something done I will post.

Blessings and hellos to all who follow.

Hello A&O Ladies :)

Jennifer, Yes you can do this! I will keep the prayers coming :)

Christine, thank you soo much for your words of encouragement and your prayers as always. I am putting aside my worries about the mamo. I have the habit of worrying too much. A friend of mine, said something the other day, in a joking kind of way, but soo true. She said, that I worry about everything. It could be bright & sunny here, and I'm worried about the hurricane in Sweden. She was joking, and I laughed, but I got her point. I do worry too much.

My legs are mush today. I was already sore from STS, but felt I needed some cardio today. I went to the gym, but I don't like the Zumba class, so instead I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, and walked a mile on the TM. I definitely need a good stretch tonight before I go to bed. Other than that I feel pretty good.

Good night ladies.

Thank you, Iris and Christine, for your prayers. Alot of reading tonight and tomorrow night is posting night. A classmate called about a problem for class and I was able to assist. Per the instructor, we can make requests for teams and she asked me if I wanted to be in hers-not a problem. So, I put my request in for her.

From reading the posts, I look forward to the day of working out again. I preorder STS cardio but haven't even previewed the original.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." (2 Peter 1:3)

Iris, thanks for your prayers! :) How are your legs feeling today? Did you get a good stretch in last night? I might do some stretching today, it just feels so good!

Jennifer, did you take a break from working out because of school?

I'm going to rest for at least the rest of this week too, so no workouts for me -other than stretching. I'm on antibiotics now and on the mend, so I'm going to rest my body.

Blessings and hellos to all who follow. I am thinking of and praying for the group.

Yes, I haven't worked out since September. My Christmas break was too crazy for me to do anything. Walking is my main format of activity.

Hello Ladies,

I finally had a minute to come in here and post.

Christine, love today's bible verse. My legs are still sore, but I think I should be back to normal, or close to it by tomorrow.

I took a kickbox class at the gym today, and it was doable, despite the leg soreness. I am finding I like Tuesday's KB classes more than Thursday's. The instructor on Tuesday's is much more creative. You never know what she's going to throw at you, which I really enjoy. Thursday's instructor seems to follow the same workout every week. I am still getting a good workout from her class, but it's starting to get a little old now. It would be like doing KPC every Thursday. After a while, we'd want a little KickMax, lol.

Work got pretty crazy for me late this afternoon, and it will unfortunately continue though tomorrow and into next week. I need to stay calm so I can be productive without nerves kicking in. I also have my brother's surgery going on. I have to get him to the hospital tomorrow morning by 6AM, and then be on-call for when the hospital calls me to pick him up. It's an outpatient hernia operation. I just pray all goes smoothly.

Hello Jennifer. How are things going with you?

Have a great night everyone.

Good Morning Everyone.
It's 5AM EST and I need to post my homework that is due tonight by 2AM EST Saturday.
TGIF!! I hope I have enough energy to get through the day but knowing it's Friday will help.
Have a Blessed Day!

“My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” (Psalm 62:7)

Good morning everyone!

Iris, yes variety is definitely one of the keys to staying motivated and excited about workouts! I would also rather take the class where the instructor kept switching things up, it's good for the mind and body! Sorry work is so crazy, just take some deep breaths! :) TGIF!! Good luck with your brother's surgery today. My father-in-law is having hernia surgery the week after Easter.

Jennifer, good luck with posting your work, I'm sure you will do fine! Once it's posted I hope you can have a nice, relaxing weekend! :)

No workout today, just some more rest.

Blessings and hellos to all who follow!

Hello Ladies,

Jennifer, I felt the same way this morning. I also had to get up at 5:00AM this morning to get my brother to the hospital for his surgery. I came back home and managed to get about an hour more of sleep, before it was time to get ready for work. It has been soo crazy at work, and today was a continuation of yesterday, but thank god, I got through it.

Hi Christine. Are you feeling any better? I'm sure with the antibiotics, and rest, you will feel much better soon :)

Today's workout was STS - Back & Biceps. I can't believe I just completed Disc 15, and am already moving into my 2nd week of Meso 2. STS is tough work, but I think this is the most fun weight lifting routine I've done yet. Time goes by soo fast. I did P90X last year, and I remember checking off each exercise on my log sheet, and just counting down, how many more I had left. STS is not like that for me. Cathe's workouts are simply the best. I plan to order STS Cardio this weekend.

Christine, my brother's surgery went well. I can't believe they do these operations on an outpatient basis these days. I called him a little while ago, and he told me he is in some pain, but seems to be doing very well. I am soo relieved about that. He has soo much going on. His next issue to conquer is a herniated disc. They have treated him with injections, but the pain always returns, so they are considering some type of back surgery that won't be too invasive. Right now he is on 3 weeks disability leave, which in a way I think will do him good, considering all the stress he's under with his pending divorce.

Ok, I'm off to relax for a bit with my hubby, while the kids are out. My son is working, and my daughter is at a school dance.

Have a great night.

Hello Friends,
On Saturday, I have two more assignments due. Actually, one of them is due then. Sunday will be my day with our LORD to recharge.

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men.."
(1 Tim 2:5,6)

Good morning!

Iris, I'm glad to hear your brother's surgery went well! It's too bad that he's struggling with not only physical issues, but also his personal issues with his wife. It's nice to have a sister like you that can help him out. I'm sure he appreciates it and must alleviate some of his stress! :)

I was feeling better on my antibiotics, but unfortunately I think I was starting to have adverse reactions to it. I was really experiencing some scary stuff yesterday like muscle weakness and shortness of breath. I was also having joint pain in my jaw and knees. My knees were actually killing me and I haven't workout out! I do have TMJ, but my jaw never usually hurts that bad. My doctor said to stop the meds for now, see how I feel, and then he will prescribe something new. I'm praying those feelings go away and that I feel better.

I tried P90X myself in the past and I was also counting down they days until it was over, lol. Actually, I didn't even finish it! I'm glad you are having so much fun with STS!

Jennifer, good luck with your assignments today and enjoy your restful weekend with the Lord!

No workouts for me today.

Hellos and blessings to all!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

Thank god for the weekend. I was feeling really burned out this week. I was just soo busy all week.

My workout was a little different today. I did a kettlebell workout. Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp. It was an ok workout. I'm not feeling the passion for kettlebells, no matter how much I read how people are really loving kettlebell workouts. I do like that it's a combination strength/cardio workout. That's always a plus :) To finish off my workout, I did combo 1 & 2 of Kickmax. That's it for today, and tomorrow I'll rest.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. Weather is pretty nice here. A little cloudy, but at least it's warm :)

Update-One assignment down and one to go. HE gave me wisdom on scheduling my papers due so I will have time once again on Fridays to chill.

Awesome accomplishment Jennifer :)

Christine, I meant to tell you, I'm sorry to hear you had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. I've never had a reaction to antibiotics, but my kids have. Hopefully, the next one will do the trick :) I hope you're enjoying the weekend :)

Oh, I went ahead and pre-ordered STS Cardio yesterday. I don't think I'll be crazy about all of the workouts in that series, but there are enough to definitely make it worth my while :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.