Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 3/2/09)

Good morning everyone!

"For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6)

Iris, how are you feeling? Hopefully your legs are feeling a little better today! It sounds like a good idea that you're only focusing on upper body today.

Karen, thanks for reminding me that it is the Lord's will for me to be healthy and whole! I am so glad it is the lenten season right now, I am really praying for direction from the Lord as far as fasting and spending more time with Him. I'd like to give up the things that could be hindering a deeper relationship with Him, as He leads.

Becca, thanks for your healing prayers! I also wake up in the middle of the night at times and I used to get upset (I sometimes still do :eek:), but lately I've been using these opportunities to talk with the Lord! I'm glad you answered His call to chat too!

Jennifer, sounds like you are having a tough time right now. Cast all your cares on the Lord!

I had a nice, restful weekend for the most part. I am still feeling a bit under the weather, but so far no worse than the weekend. I did get a workout in today, I did Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones". I felt really winded and weaker than usual but I pushed through and I'm glad I got it done. Luckily I can just relax the rest of today, so I will load up on my green tea, Motrin & throat drops! :) I do plan on doing one segment of Stretchmax later, since it will be on FitTV. I feel like my muscles are just screaming for a good, long stretch!

Blessings to all who follow!

Hello Ladies..
I found your check in yesterday and I want to jump in if you let me..
Im so glad to found a God focused check in in here.. Just what I needed. I love to exercise but sometimes I feel that Im in here a lot doing un useful things...

Just to be sure, is this a christian check in correct?

Welcome to the group, Blessed!
Yes, you are correct that this is a Christian check-in group! I totally understand where you're coming from about spending time on things that are not God-focused. That's why we love this group because we talk about exercise and our faith! We always start a day out with Scripture, which is very encouraging! I'm so glad you stumbled upon our check-in and look forward to your posts!

Love your user name too! :)

So Thank God I found this thread!
Thank you Christine for welcoming me.. I really look fordward to meet you all and talk about what the Lord is doing in our lives.

God bless you!

Hello Ladies,

Great scripture verse Christine. I you feel better very soon :) Looks like you pushed yourself to get your workout done. Not easy when you don't feel good, but I understand the feeling of pushing through, no matter what.

The pain down my leg is starting to subside some. I did some stretches last night, and it felt even worse at first. When I got to work this morning, I took an Aleve, and noticed the pain subsided longer than it had been. I soaked in a hot tub after STS 7 today, and really feel like it's loosening up. I came ot one conclusion though, lol. I CANNOT keep up with Cathe in STS legs. Some of those exercises just did not feel right for my body, and I still insisted on doing them. Well, it's time I accept my limitations and modify where needed, lol.

Hello Blessed :) Welcome to our little corner of Catheland :) I felt soo excited when I came across this thread, and am glad you found us too. I loved viewing your pictures. Those are awesome pictures. I especially love your pregnancy pictures. I love that couples do that these days. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello Jennifer, I hope you feel better soon. Yes, tomorrow will be a better day :)

Today's workout was STS - 7 (Ch/Sh/Bic). I read somewhere that there are barely any push-ups in Meso 2 & 3. I'm excited about that. I think there are enough push-ups in Meso 1 to last me a life-time, lol.

It was a snowy day here today. It was busy at work with several employees calling out sick. I hope it doesn't get too cold and then we have icy roads tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

Hello Iris!
I also look forward to meet you, thank you very much.
are you also doing STS? I just finished week1, and I will do the 6 months rotation

Hi Blessed,

Yes, I'm doing STS too. I just started Week 3. I can tell these workouts are going to be very effective. I can already see changes in my upper body. It's hard for me to get defined, but I'm starting to see improvements. Good for you on going for the 6 month rotation. I was too afraid I might get tired of the same type rotation, while 3.5 months seems much more doable to me :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.