Alpha Omega Check-In - JULY 2009

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.” (Psalm 138:8)

Okay, I know it's not July yet, but since it will be on Wednesday, I figured I would give our thread the "July" title to take us through the month!

Hellos ladies! It's good to be back home! :) Okay, I have lots to catch up on, LOL

Cathy, any rain yet?? Are you all recovered from your "puke in the bucket" workout? I used to go all out with cardio like that on a regular basis. I just can't do it anymore. Feeling that way is really one of my top 5 least favorite things to experience!! :eek: You work at a clinic for animals? How cute!!

Iris, how are you doing? Are you getting all packed for vacation? You must be excited! I hope you got your loose ends tied up today at work so you can focus on your trip the next two days! I just got back and now you're leaving! :( I'm happy for you though! Good deal at Marshalls! When I'm in the mood to pick through their stuff I find some really good things for cheap! I got the dress I wore to the wedding this weekend there!

Jen, how come your home improvements got postponed? HOw are you feeling today? I'm sorry you've been struggling with your faith, but like Iris said it happens from time to time! The important thing is to keep focused on Him, which sounds like you are doing!

We had a nice time in Vermont! It's beautiful and peaceful there, a very country setting where we stayed, which I love! It rained a bit on and off and was muggy, but it was still nice. The wedding was fun, we took over 150 pictures! Maybe I can upload some if I figure out how to do that to this website, LOL. The reception was in a barn! It was quite different then anything I've experienced but it was really nice. There were tables set up down the middle of the barn with other individual tables set up in each stall. It was pretty cool. I was in my glory walking around the property visiting with the horses, cows, pigs and goats, ha ha. There was also a barn cat named Washington who took a liking to me! He must know how much I love cats. Everyone was betting I would sneak him into our car to take home, HA! Our hotel was a cozy little country lodge and we found the best little nook to have breakfast each morning. They made the best homemade wheat bread, it was all just delicious! While it was a nice little getaway with my hubby, I am not a huge fan of traveling far and being away from home for too long, so I am grateful to be back home! I missed you guys!

My workout today was a 2 mile walk/run followed by Muscle Endurance. I'm doing a new rotation for the month of July which incorporates most of the Intensity Series, but also Turbo Jam cardio. I just love that too much to give it up right now!

Have a great day everyone! Blessings!

Last edited:
christine, sounds like a beautiful place. would love to visit vermont. never been to that part of the country. where do you live? you probably already told me, but i'm old.:)

no rain, it is 105' right now. i wonder if it is the end of the world? the Bible says the LORD will destroy the earth this time w/fire. we are heading there. everything is just burned up and there is no relief in sight. it is quite depressing.

did disc 7 and 35m cardio today. and yes, i work at and equine clinic. i am supposed to work this afternnoon, but i don't have to and i am glad , cuz i work outside. i usually only work sunday and monday. i feed and clean stalls, and help the vet, if needed. i don't work all day either day. i go in early before church on sunday and then feed sunday evening. monday's i do the afternoon chores. so, anywhere from 3-5 hrs, depending on how many horses are there and how many other techs are there.
cathy

Hello Ladies,

Christine, I'm glad to have you back. I missed you :) The wedding does sound different, but I'm all for different :) I've never been to Vermont. Actually, I haven't left the state of NJ much, lol.

I think I have things pretty well under control now, so I should be able to go on vacation with a clear head. Hopefully :) I started packing today. I'm not going to go crazy with over-packing this time. I'm staying at my parents, so if anything, I can do laundry while I'm there. I usually do laundry before I come back home anyway. I just hate packing dirty clothes. My sister just got back to FL this morning, so she's taking my kids out now. Surprisingly, they did not get bored. All my worrying about my sister not being there, and my kids were fine with just hanging out. My brother takes them out when he gets home from work, and my parents have taken them out too. On Saturday my SIL took my daughter shopping. Of course that is Jalyn's favorite thing to do, so she was in heaven, lol.

Hi Cathy, Boy, I can really feel for you. I know it must be depressing to see things soo dried and burned up. You desperately need rain.

My workout today was the 30/30 class. It was even more intense this week. This instructor just has soo much energy. I can't imagine going at her intensity for 60 minutes of cardio. Thank goodness it's 30 minutes cardio & 30 minutes toning. I have a feeling my legs are going to be pretty sore tomorrow.

Have a great night ladies. Chat more tomorrow.

Hello Friends.
ECON is now over, thank GOD. Marketing has now begun. One stressful thing gone. I have faith that marketing won't be as bad. GOD laid it on my heart to contact a person but I won't know if this person will even get it, that's where faith comes into play. In less than two weeks, I have a day off from work.
It's colder here, right now 50 something and might get to 70s today.
BBL

Jen

"Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30: 4-5)

Iris, that's great that you can do laundry if you need to while on vacation. I always over-pack, LOL! I'm glad your kids are already having fun! I'm sure you can't wait to see them. How are you legs feeling today??

Cathy, I live in NY about 50 miles North of NYC. I love the town we live in, it's small and very country! Your job sounds cool! As you know, I'd love to work with animals! Yup, I even enjoy cage cleaning! :p I do believe we are living in the end times! Although thank God, as believers, we will not be here for the worst of it. All that burning up of the earth will take place after we have already met our Savior in the sky (assuming we live long enough to see His return)! ;) :)

Jen, your classes seem to go fast. Are they only a few weeks each? I'm glad the stress of your econ class is over!

Today was a crazy workout day! It all started at the park this morning. We were halfway through our walk and still had another mile or so to go when we came across a mother cat in the middle of the road nursing 5-6 kittens! I couldn't believe it! Now these kittens had to be at least 4-5 weeks old and shouldn't have still been nursing from her, but they might have been desperate (although technically I guess they can still nurse but should be eating some kitten food by now!). When they saw us the kitties ran under some bushes and then the mother followed. There was nothing I could do at that moment so I went home to drop off the dog and to get my carrier and some food. I went back and waited an hour or so to see if they would come back around, but they were gone. :( I called the park and let them know the situation. Hopefully I see them again and can get them to a shelter!

Then at home I had just started Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 (even though I didn't really want to do a long workout) when my hubby called. After we hung up, I did the 20 minute Turbo Jam cardio workout instead, followed by Ab Jam. Iris, I really don't like CP3! I did the first few minutes after the warm up and did not click with it at all. Do you like that one? Chalene's outfit is weird too, she's wearing a skirt for kickboxing!

Now it's pouring outside with some bad thunder. I'm sorry Cathy, I know you really need the rain! It just seems to be hanging around this area, and where Iris lives.

I hope you are all having a great, blessed day! :)

Last edited:
Hello Friends.
Christine, my sister lives in the Albany area. Not too far from VT,NYC, or Boston. I just love the verse you put here today, it reminds me of a new beginning just like where my life is going. My classes are 6 weeks long, 3 credits each, and at least 4 hours of studying per each credit hour.
Iris-enjoy your much deserved vacation.
Hello Cathy. Where do you live?

Jen

hi all, well, we got a teeny, weeny bit of rain this evening. not much , but it was something. and it actually didn't get to 100 today. that was a relief. please pray with me that this means the weather is gonna change and maybe we will get some more rain and a bit cooler temps.
jen, i live in s. texas, north of san antonio, in new braunfels. VERY HOT AND DRY this summer! has not been pleasant.
gonna ride horses tomorrow morning, hope we don't melt. :)
cathy

Cathy-I invite you and your family to vacation in MI. It is cool here right now plus lots of fresh water. It's on the mid-60s right now although it might get warmer for the Holiday.

Hello Christine, Jen & Cathy,

No workout for me today. My flight doesn't leave until 6:30PM, if it doesn't get delayed, but I've been running around all day. I'm off to pack my last minute things, after I pay some online bills, so I can go on vacation with a clear mind.

Keep me in your prayers, that I can really take my mind away from work while I'm away. Cathy I'll keep praying for rain for you.

I will check in during the week if I manage to get on a computer. Have a great 4th of July everyone. Chat with you all soon.

“The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

Hi Jen! How is work/school going? I guess you don't have off tomorrow for the holiday weekend? Yes, almost TGIF!! :)

Hi Cathy! I will continue to join you in prayer for some rain! I can't believe it but it's raining here again today!! We have the complete opposite problem. You guys are all dried up and we have flooding! :confused: Well, God is good and He knows what He's doing, right? How did you make out horse riding yesterday?

Iris, praying for safe travels and fun for you in Florida!

I didn't get to post my workout yesterday, I did Boot Camp. It's been a long while since I've done that one, it was a lot of fun! I also did my Couch to 5K run. I'm on Week 3 so I'm walking 3 minutes/jogging 2 minutes for a total of 4 cycles. Today I did Pyramid Lower Body. I liked it but I feel like I'm missing out on going heavier since I only have dumbells and not a barbell. I may substitute Butts & Guts for my leg workout from now on.

Have a great day ladies! Any plans for the 4th?

Hello Friends.
Work for sure on Friday, not sure if I will do school stuff. My prayer request is that the mystery man and I have a good conversation on HIS time. This person acts quite shy around me but I believe is attracted to me.

Thanks.

Jen

“Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.” (Psalm 33:12)

Happy 4th of July! :)

Jen, any plans for the weekend? I'm keeping your request in prayer about your mystery man. You are right, things will happen in HIS time! :)

Cathy, how are you doing this weekend? Are you seeing any fireworks? We were supposed to see some last night with my father-in-law but the rain washed out that plan. I'm hoping you've had some rain by now!!

Yesterday my workout was Pyramid Upper Body. This weekend I am OFF from all workouts. We're painting our dining room so that will be an all weekend (and beyond :p) project.

I hope Iris is having fun in Florida!

Have a great weekend!

nope, that is not how it works down here, christine. when we don't have rain, it takes something major , like a hurricane to change things. once it stops raining here, it doesnt' rain again for some time. it's a real drag. but, that is the way it is here. there will be very limited fireworks, only controlled displays. danger of fire is way too high. all the grass is like straw and we have grass fires alot when it is this dry. and of course the hot, dry wind is blowing , so that would spread the fire quickly. i have been home today, trying to stay out of the heat. at 8pm it was 99 here. YUCK!!! NOT FUN. will be glad to get done with this summer.

i did tracie long's "endurance for movement" anyone else do her workouts? they are really good and hard. starting wk 4 of meso 1 tomorrow or monday. cannot believe i am almost done w/m1 already. it goes so fast.

cathy

Christine,
Thank you for your prayers. I am heading down there today. I have faith the man got my message through Match.com. Waiting for my final ECON grade, I believe I received a B. Marketing is going well.
What did you do last night? I was supposed to be at fireworks but hung out with neighbors instead.

Peace

Jennifer

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" (Galatians 2:20-21)

Cathy, how silly of me to ask if you were having fireworks! Of course that's not such a good idea with your heat wave! I can't believe it was 99 degrees at 8pm!! I really feel for you! I've never heard of Tracie Long, but I'm all for endurance workouts! :)

Jen, last night my father-in-law came over for dinner and then around 9pm our neighbors had some fireworks so we watched from our back deck. The dog was scared out of her mind though so we ended up coming in and shuting the doors/windows to minimize the noise. Then we watched the rest of the Macy's fireworks on TV. We have been working on our dining room all weekend, still just prep work. My husband has off from work until Wednesday so we plan to have this project done by then.

Iris, I hope you're enjoying yourself in Flordia! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

No workouts for me this weekendl, other than moving furniture and sanding, spackling, washing and scraping walls... ;) :p

hi ladies, hope you had a blessed LORD'S day.

well, tonite at 8, it was only 98.:) isn't that nice?
christine, where do live? did you already tell me? can't remember. here is a link so you can look at tracie long's club in charleston. i love her workouts, they are great. she started w/the firm many years ago and is a great trainer.

http://bluefishfitnessclub.com/exercisevideosc247.php

i did disc 10 today and wow, it was tuff!!! already the last wk of m1. it goes so fast, i can't believe it.

hi to everyone else.
cathy

Hello Friends.
Christine-it's always fun being with the neighbors.
Cathy-Hope you get some cooler weather like ours.
I have been blessed to hear some good sermons lately. Last week is about HIS abundant life for us, the series was "The Good Life." The song opener was that title. Last night at my home church was about "Choosing Joy" when life situations are down based on the verses "whenever you are being tested, have pure joy." This morning down in the other city was "Freedom in Christ" and HIS Love for us. The man did not show up but I truly was not expecting but hoping he would be there. I am good with it. The bad thing for him is that if we don't talk now and we run into each later where I plan to live, the conversation will be very interesting.
Don't Let Anyone Steal Your Joy!!!

Jen

Bumping this up today. My prayer request as communicated on Crosswalk so to have prayer warriors supporting me as well is asking for abundant life. The new job, the new home, and a meeting with the mystery man. I sensed strongly I was to finally just ask HIM for these things. I have tremendous peace today.
Have a Blessed Day!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.