Alpha Omega Check-In (2/3/09)

Good morning everyone!

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body and refreshment to your bones" (Prov 3:7-8)

Just wanted to get us started this morning. I will be back with personals & my workout later.

God bless! :)

Good morning, all!

I am hopeful that today will be a better day! We are slowly starting to get better, but my DD is still sick. I kept her home from school today. She was late to get the bug, so she is going through the worst of it right now.

I received STS yesterday. It looks so cool. :) I can't wait to give it a try. I was working on my 1RM's last night. I wasn't going to do them, but after see how she has it all laid out, I think they are very important for the best results.

Christine, I am claiming some healing and refreshment from that Scripture today! I desperately need both! I see that you are waiting to post your WO until after. ;) Smart lady! :)

Linda, how is the decluttering going? That is one of my ongoing projects.

Hello to everyone else. I will try to BBL today for some more personals and maybe even report a WO! I think I am going to do a Leslie Sansone just to do something. I miss my workouts. :(

Have a blessed day, all!

Okay, today I do have DOMS from Providence. Mainly in my traps. Ouch! And some in my shoulders and bi's. Got up a little late this morning, than got side tracked when my coffee maker wouldn't work. I had to cut my workout short, so I did the first premix from Amy's In The Ring, workout was 57 minutes and I burned 470 calories.

BTW, Hands have been getting better each night since last massage! So I am hopeful.

Becca - Glad to hear the family is on the mend. So far DH escaped the stomach virus, but is starting a cold. The de-cluttering is going great. It is an on going project for me as well, I just joining the thread might help push me along when I get overwhelmed.

Christine & Iris - The book I am reading is titled Baptism: A Work of Man or A Work of God?. I am going to quote something from the introduction that I think explains it "It is my prayer that this book will help to clarify in your mind exactly what the Bible teaches about the necessity of baptism in God's plan of salvation."

Becca, I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm sorry to hear your DD is still sick, but if she's at her worst today she can only get better from here! :) Did you end up working out today? When do you think you will start STS?

Linda, thanks for the info on your book! I am curious who wrote the book and what exactly is his/her opinion on the "necessity of baptism"? Sounds very interesting! :) I'm glad you got a good workout in and that your hands are feeling better!!

Today I did Shred plus the floor work from Butts & Guts. My legs are already super sore!

Hello and blessings to Heather, Iris, Penguin, Karen, Lynn and all who follow!

Hello Ladies,

Christine, I read the scripture this morning and didn't have time to post, but it really got my attention. What an awesome scripture. Great workout combination today :) Butts & Guts is one of those workouts I don't do that often, and each time I do it, I wonder why I don't visit it more often. That's a great workout. Glad to see you're still enjoying Shred. Those are really good 20 minute workouts :)

Linda, thanks for sharing more about the Baptism book. I am going to look for that book because I've never really known how to explain the importance of baptism. I know it is, and believe it should be done from the age of understanding on up, but if someone were to ask me why I believe that, I most likely would not know how to answer. So, that book is definitely a must have for me. I can't wait to try out Providence. My friend did that workout the other day, and she felt quite sore the next day, so that means it's a good workout, lol.

Becca, I hope your daughter feels better real soon. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I don't catch whatever my hubby had over the weekend. He's just feeling better now. I'm going to be doing STS too. I just started working on my 1RM yesterday. I wasn't going to do them either, but I figured if I'm going to do STS, I might as well do it right.

My workout today was Kickboxing at the gym. It was a good class. I definitely got a good arm workout with all the punching. Tomorrow I'll be doing Bic. & Tric. at home.

Have a great evening ladies.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the scripture Christine. It certainly keeps us humble doesn't it?? There's never wasted words in the bible and it all applies to us daily.

Linda, glad your hands are feeling better. It's always nice to see a plan come together. ;)
I hope your family stays well too. We've only had a touch of the crud here, but I better knock on some wood just in case. :)

Becca, hope your DD feels better soon. This has got to come to an end soon, right?? Take care of yourself too in the meantime and enjoy STS. I didn't order it, but maybe down the road....

Today was Imax Extreme and #1 workout in Core Max.

Still folks without power here since the ice storm last week. Schools are still out too. Sheesh! These kids will be going to school ALL summer. :eek:) Seems when I was in school eons ago, we hardly ever got a "snow day." I remember walking to the bus stop with 3 inches of ice on the ground. As soon as I hit the step out our back door, I was on my butt. But I got up and kept shuffling along like a penguin til I reached my stop only to realize the bus had come and gone. :eek:) So, I shuffled back home and went back to bed. :) But I'm sure somehow through all of that, I am a better person because of it. (yeah right!)

Goodnight all and sweet dreams,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.