Alpha Omega Check-In (1/30/09)

Happy Friday to Everyone!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16).

Linda, are you feeling better today? It is SO true that feeling sick makes you appreciate feeling well!!

Karen, I'm glad your power is back! Electricity and heat are definitely things I take for granted. :confused:

Iris, my husband and I picked up a copy of Fireproof yesterday too! We're having his father over on Sunday for dinner and the movie! I'm looking forward to seeing it again! I've never heard of Chip Ingram, what is his book about? Is it about the war in the spiritual realm? Your workout sounds like fun!! I wouldn't mind taking a class like that! I've found that these days I really like workouts that just keep moving!! That's why I am really enjoying Shred, and I guess it's also why I lov 4DS cardio so much!! :)

Becca, I hope you're feeling better soon!!

My hubby's interview went well, thanks for asking! He's just waiting to hear. We won't be too crushed if he doesn't get it, since the office is like 1 1/2 hours from our home! :eek:

Today my workout is Shred plus 4DS Kickbox.

Hello and Blessings to Heather, Lynn, Penguin and all who follow!

Hi Christine,

Thank you for the wonderful scripture you've shared once agaom :) It really turned my attitude around this morning. The book is along the lines you described. It explains the ways we can be deceived, and how to put on the whole armour of god. The funny thing is my husband took a look at the book, and he said, you have a book like this already! Back when my boys were little we were members of a different Pentecostal church. It was much smaller than the church I go to now, and because of that, I was more involved in ministries. We used to have early morning ladies prayer groups every other Saturday, and the woman who read it, shared tons of books with me, that always had me thirsting for more. I used to love the books by Mary Jacob. I'm not sure if I have the correct first name, but she wrote the books "A Revelation of Hell", Revelation of Heaven, and Revelation of the Spriitual Realm. I read them all. Also, the book my husband might be refering to was one I read by Derick Prince. I love his writings. I explained to my husband that although I had read many books of this nature in the past, I haven't been reading this type material for several years now, and it's time for me to get cracking again, lol. I am glad because I see my husband is starting to read his bible more again, and now he's showing an interest in my books again. Thank you Lord.

Sounds like the commute for your DH will be quite long if he does get this job. I guess it could feel like a mixed blessing, but no doubt, if it's the Lord's will he will get it, if not, then he has something better ahead for your DH.

Have a blessed day. I'll check in after my workout this evening. I will go to the gym right after work for a Total Conditioning Class. First time taking this class, hope I enjoy it. I will also be babysitting my G.S. this evening while his mommy works, so I'll be busy with my 2 yr. old sweetheart :)

Hi Ladies,

Really enjoying the book about baptism so far. It is just helping me to focus on what Christ did for us. I have to thank everyone for inspiring me to read about His word again and just not fitness.:p

Still felt a bit tired this morning when I got up, so I scratched the plans for Newport. I ended up doing LIC, thinking it would be a easy workout. What a lousy memory...although the weights were easy, it was the gazillion reps that kept killing me. :p I skipped the abs, so workout was about 1:06 and I burned 466 calories.

Going to the massage therapist tonight! Oh yeah!:cool:

Iris - So great to hear that DH is reading his bible! You go girl!

Becca - Hoping you are feeling better!

Christine - So how do you choose which verse to share with us each day? I have read the bible in its entirety, but now I find I have no idea where to start. I don't want to just read it from cover to cover again.

Iris, I'm glad you liked the scripture this morning! I'm so glad to hear your husband is reading his Bible again and is interested in your other faith books! You are right about my hubby's potential job, God has a plan for him and if it's not this one, then something else will come along! Have fun at your class, tell us all about it when you get back! And have fun with your sweet little GS! :)

Linda, I am glad you are feeling better! I remember when I came back from having the flu I thought I'd start out with Body Max2, step portions only. I quickely realized during the warm up that I made a bad choice!! I switched to Basic Step :). About choosing scriptures to share, I like to read the Pslams and Proverbs for the day most mornings, and I've also been doing my "Sermon on the Mount" study every morning, which cross references many Old & New Testament scriptures. So after prayer for guidance, I pick one of the scriptures I've just studied! As for Bible study, when I don't know which book to start with, I always go with one of the Gospels. What better to start with then the birth, life ministry (teachings), death and resurrection of Christ!

I'm so glad this group has gotten us all to focus more time on the Lord and not just exercise! It has helped me tremendously too! So thank you all too!!

I have to update my workout... I decided to do 4DS LIS instead of KB after Shred this morning. I was craving some step! :)

Last edited:
Hi Linda,

I'm just starting with kettlebells myself. I only have a 10 lb & a 15 lb. Now I need to get a couple workouts. Can you suggest any to get me started with? The Baptism book sounds interesting. I'm glad to hear this group is getting you into reading too :) It's tough to get back to those intense workouts after being sick. I tend to be overly ambitious too, and then regret it after I start.

Christine, I will keep you & hubby in my prayers too for direction and god's will for you. As it turns out, I didn't have to babysit today. My daughter in law wasn't feeling well, and didn't go to work. My son and his G.F. are very young, 19 & 22. I try to be as supportive as I can be, and that usually means babysitting a large part of my weekends.

The class at the gym today was pretty good. It was "Total Body Conditioning". I observed what others were grabbing, and ended up grabbing 8 and 5 lb. DB's. I couldn't believe the burn I got with those 8's doing chest flies. The reps seemed endless, lol. I started biceps with 8's and midway I had to drop to 5's. High reps always get me. We also did some floor work for legs and glutes, and boy did that burn! I felt pretty good after the class, so I went on the eliptical for 20 minutes. Tomorrow I'll most likely do some cardio at home.

Have a great weekend ladies.

I keep forgetting to tell you , that my church is showing Fireproof on February 13th for Family movie night. I can't wait!

Hey everyone,

We will be participating in a study on the Fireproof movie and the 40 day love dare. The group we are in that just finished The Truth Project, will now begin Fireproof. The couple that lead the group just finished a cruise where they completed the study on their own, and will now host the lesson to the rest of the group. I am excited to start this new study because hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I will keep you updated on the study as we progress.

Today was a rest day for me. I workout 6 days a week, and since Friday is a long day at work, I use this as my time off. Tomorrow will be Cathe step of some kind and upper body pyramid. I try to hit the upper body 2 or more days a week and this workout does the job.

Hope everyone is well. We still have power, but are looking at a new front of snow coming in Monday of maybe a foot or more!! Let's just pray is passes by with minimal damage. Many of the folks here in Louisville are without power, and don't expect relief til the middle of next week. Please keep us in your prayers.

Goodnight ladies and God Bless!!

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.