Alpha Omega Check-In (1/29/08)

Good afternoon to everyone!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me"
(2 Cor 12:9)

Linda, how are you feeling?? I'm so sorry to hear you caught DD's illness. I hope you bounced back just as fast as she did and are feeling better today!

Becca, how are you feeling?? Wow, congrats on your run yesterday. I don't think I could run for 5 minutes straight, let alone 20. :) Good job!

Iris, I live in NY. His interview was in Flanders, NJ and that's about 1 1/2 hours from us.

Karen, glad you didn't have to worry about the ice yesterday and got to stay home!

Today is a rest day for me. I've been doing Shred combined with Cathe w/o's for the past 6 days, so it's time for me to relax and just do some stretching!

Blessings to all and everyone who follow!

Read some more of the baptism book this morning. Pretty interesting so far.

No workout for me this morning, it is a recovery day!:p Nothing like a good virus to make you appreciate how good you feel all the other time. Still really no DOMS from the KBs, except maybe for my back which feels more tight than sore. Might have to go do some rolling.

Hey everyone,

Today was Imax 2, standing floor work from Gym Style Legs and abs from Leaner Legs. Felt better today during the workout so I may be getting over the crud that's been hanging on for a while.

Linda, hope you are feeling better and your hand and arm are getting some relief. Sounds as if you're keeping up with the exercise no matter what. :) Praying your family gets well and stays well too.

Christine, I love the scripture for today!! I am sooo weak in my humanity and I know that God is glorified because of that. Good thing huh?? I can nothing apart from Him. I hope others see that in me. My goal is to live my life as Jesus did, and for others to desire to follow. That's what it's all about.

Hope everyone had a great day. Still fighting ice, snow and power outages that are lasting up to 2 weeks for some folks. Thankfully our power came back on last night, and we are in a rural area. I was really surprised! But thankful to God we are warm and safe.

Take care Becca, Iris, Heather and anyone else I may have missed.

Karen

Hello Ladies,

Christine, I love the scripture for today. I am reading the book "How to be a Champion", and came across that very scripture in the few pages I read today. I love when that happens, because I know god is speaking to me :) How did your husband make out with his interview? Is he looking to change
careers?

You ladies have me wanting to read more and more. I went to my christian bookstore today, to pick up the movie Fireproof, and ended up buying a new book. "The Invisible War" with Chip Ingram. This is the first book I am reading by this author. Have any of you read any of his book? The book "What is Going On" caught my eye, but I felt afraid to read it. I really have to continue to pray for these strongholds to come down. I say this all the time, but I truly feel blessed by you ladies. I thank you for all that you share here. You all inspire me more than you can imagine.

Linda, I hope you are feeling better today.

Karen, I'm glad you got your power back. When I read some people would be without power for two weeks, I thought, oh my goodness. I go out of mind after just a couple of hours of no power or water. We are soo spoiled.

My workout today, was not one I had planned on. I don't know why I thought the kickboxing class was at 6:30, when it was actually at 6:00. By the time I got there, the class was half-way through, so I ended up taking "Power Hour" which was starting at 6:30. It's a circuit type class. You do 1 minute on the fitness equipment, followed by some form of cardio. Some of it was step and some of it was crunching or doing kickboxing moves. The hour flew by and I was pleasantly surprised that it was such a good workout. I'll be sure to add that class to my rotation too.

Have a great night everyone :)

Hello all!

Quick check in with a rest day. I am sick along with most of my family. Only my DD is healthy. I have been stalking the "track your order" link to see when my STS will be here and I finally got a tracking notice. It will be here Monday! :) YAY!

Iris, sounds like you had a great, unexpected workout. :) I LOVE our Christian Bookstore. I am on a 40 day shopping fast right now (just in time for tax season!) so I am avoinding ours. I've not read any of Chip Ingram's books. Enjoy your new finds!

Karen, so glad to hear you have power. It's amazing what we take for granted in this country.

Linda, I hope you start feeling better soon! I am so ready for spring and all these winter viruses to be long gone!

Christine, How did DH's interview go?

Have a very blessed evening, all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.