Alpha Omega Check-In (1/27/09)

Good morning!
I had some good study time this morning with Charles Stanley on "The Benefits of Wisdom", followed by watching Joyce Meyer speak. Both the study and Joyce's sermon touched upon self-image and diet/exercise, so it was really awesome!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8) What an awesome reminder of His unconditional love!

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that your DD was sick! Poor little thing!! I can't belive how quickley she bounced back though and was able to enjoy ice skating the very next night! Kids are just incredible that way. Hooray for the positive news you got from your massage therapist!! I'm glad he got your right hand feeling better! Did the brace work for the left?

Iris, I'm glad you decided to rest since it sounds like you needed it! I can totally relate to that these days! Burnout is no fun. I find Christian music very uplifting too! Most of the Christian songs I've heard use scripture passages in their songs, so you're getting the Word while enjoying your tunes! The songs are so positive, keep at it!

Karen, thanks for the info on The Truth Project, I will definitely be checking that out with my husband! When we started our Kay Arthur study, I wanted to choose one of her studies that also delt with the issue of living GOD'S way and not the world's way. This is really something I'm interested in studying, so thank you very much!!

Becca, I can't relate to the STS excitement most people are going through right now because I didn't order, but I know you guys have been waiting for so long, so I am happy for you!! You have to let us know how it is! :)

Heather, I don't think Jillian's personalitiy is as "tough" on her 30 Day Shred DVD as it is on the Biggest Loser. I've only done Level 1 so far though, so I'm not sure what her comments are like on the other 2 levels. I'm happy for you about getting STS too!! I can sense the excitment in the air!

Okay, today my workout will be Shred, plus the 20 minute lower body work from the "Basic Step/Body Fusion" DVD.

Blessings to all!

Thank you ladies. You have all given me great advise and I feel much better already.

Well, I'm checking in with you guys earlier, just in case I am unable to check-in this evening. I have a busy evening ahead of me. I work until 5PM, and then I'm off to the gym for a 5:30 Kickboxing class. It's my daughter's 13th BD today, so I'll be rushed to get home for dinner and cake and after all of that, she has soccer practice at 7:30PM. I can't believe my baby is already 13.

Have a blessed day everyone.

I started reading a book about Baptism, that was written by our minister's BIL, who is also a minister. Thought is might give me some good information to share with other family members as I struggle to bring them to Christ.

The morning I did Amy's ASC 3 through the 4 combo then did the stretch. Workout was 1:08 and I burned 538 calories. Disappointed that I don't have DOMS from Providence.:(

Forgot to add that left hand did well with the brace on last night. Unfortunately, the right hand and arm were another the story. My right shoulder was aching something fierce and the hand kept going numb no matter what I did. DD got me up at one point for a trip to the potty and when I went back to my room I was sure I was going to see on the clock that it was almost time to get up, because I had been tossing & turning for so long. Nope, it was only 1:50 am! So I took some ibprofen and figured it was gonna be a long night! Thinking about buying a new brace for the right today, as the old one does not seem to fit as well as the one I just bought for the left.

Iris
- Yes it is carpal tunnel, but all of the issues may not lie in just my wrists. Happy Birthday to your DD!

Hello everyone,

This is a late check in but we have had a major ice/snow storm here. They actually closed the bank earlier today (1 hour woo hoo!) and that's very rare. When I got home I did Gym Style Chest/Triceps and Step Fit. I seem to be pulling out a lot of older step tapes lately, but I still get a good workout and have fun too.

Linda, sorry to hear about your hand pain. I hope you are able to get the pain under control so you can rest at night. Chronic pain will just wear you out and having small children makes it more difficult. Take care and hope to hear better news next time on your condition. And I hope your DD is feeling better too!!

Iris, did you kick some butt in kickboxing!! It's a great stress reliever. Probably better then any medication. :) Hope your daughters birthday went well and she had a good time. Have a great evening.

Christine, there are so many bible studies to choose from at the church I attend. If you can't find a study to participate in, then you ain't lookin' very hard. Southeast Christian is one of the largest churches in the country and there is no where else I would rather be. I've grown so much in my walk through worship, study and volunteer work. Plus I've made great friends with so many women from the studies. I think it's great that you keep yourself in the Word. We can let ourselves get stale and bored, can't we? ;o)

We shall see what tomorrow brings with the weather. It's been freezing rain all day so I seriously doubt that I will make it down my long driveway in the morning. I may just be slip sliding away!! :eek:)

God Bless,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.