Alpha Omega Check-In 1/24/09

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday so far!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

I love this verse, in a world of such uncertainty! I pray it touches those who read it today!

Penguin - I'm so glad you posted and shared your story with us!! I don't think it's ever by accident that we come across scripture completely relevant to what is on our minds, or what we are going through. I've heard from several Pastors that if you hear the same scripture more than once, pay attention because God is speaking! I know the passage you referenced from Psalm 139 can be hard to believe when we are feeling low about our bodies. But just keep reminding yourself that what God is telling you through that Word is the TRUTH, and your thoughts are lies. You may feel a certain way, but the truth about your body is found in God's word! When I find myself struggling with weight gain my mind goes to a negative place too, I think we can probably all relate to that on some level. I've found the importance of dwelling on God's word to "transform" my thinking. I recommend you look up all passages related to who you are in Christ and dwell on that! You may not "feel" better at first, but the truth will be more deeply planted into your mind and there will be no room for lies! Also, ditch the scale for a while. Give each day with your thoughts and plans for weight loss to God. He will help you!! I have struggled with this myself, and still struggle! God bless, I hope you post more! Also, there is a Christian Social Group that is separate from this check-in, I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to.

Linda - I know you have a very busy Saturday planned, so have fun! I hope your massage therapy appointment goes well for your hand.

Iris - I used to teach step classes and regular aerobics (think "hi/lo" segment from Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio or Step, Jump & Pump). It was fun, but it was an investment of money and tons of time. It took up TOO much of my time. It was okay when I was single, but when I met my husband and we started making wedding plans and plans to buy a house, my priorities changed so I gave it up. I do miss it sometimes, but I think if I kept doing that I never would have found Cathe! So, everything happens for a reason! That's great that you were able to get a good, uninterrupted workout in, and be back home in a flash! I'm sure after a few workouts you will get used to the group atmosphere. I say go for it! Did you decide on a membership yet?

Okay, yesterday I did 30 Day Shred, plus Maximum Intensity Cardio (hi/lo only). Shred was a pretty tough 20 minutes, but I needed more cardio. Today I did 30 Day Shred again, plus select portions of Butts & Guts. I was toast after that!! :eek:

To Lynn, Becca, Karen, Heather and all who follow, have a blessed day! :) :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.