Alpha Omega Check-In 1/22/09

Hello everyone!
Sending a quick hello because I am at work.

"With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

AMEN to that!!! :)

No workout this morning, but I am thinking of changing my workouts to afternoons now. My hubby will be doing Shred with me and we're going to try and start tonight!

Have a blessed day, I'll be back later!

Hi Christine,

I think it's great that you're hubby works out with you :) I thought I might be able to get mine interested when I started P90X, but no such luck, lol. Now and then my 13 yr. old daughter comes downstairs and uses the Treadmill while I'm working out, and I enjoy the company. It's nice to workout with someone else.

Yesterday, I checked out a gym in town, and today I will be taking a Kickboxing class there after work. They are offering a great membership sale, but they want you to sign up for 36 months, which is too much of a commitment for me, so I'm either going to take their 3 month special, or see what they can offer me for a 12 month membership. I enjoy working out at home, but find that I don't have enough time for myself. Usually while I'm working out, I'm doing laundry at the same time, or running upstairs to check on something. Mentally, I feel like I'm not focused enough at home. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Hi Becca, Linda, Karen, Heather and anyone else I may have missed. I'm still trying to remember names :)

Hello everyone,

Tonight will be Lowmax or a run. Thursdays are dinner and brownie night with my sister and her kids. My favorite day of the week!! I think we've been doing this for 20 years or more.

Found this verse that applies well to my family from Psalms 133:1-2

How pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head...

Thanks for the scripture Christine. Hope you have a great workout tonight. I always do mine after work. I can't get up to do the early thing.

Hi Iris, I've always worked out better at home, but we have no children and I have a really nice workout room. I think it's great that moms take the time to stay in shape. You sound busy these days. Whatever road you take be it gym or home, I hope it works best for you.

God Bless,
Karen

Last edited:
Wow, what a crazy day! At the dentist all morning, then 45 min drive to pick up DD, then a trip to the grocery store, then I've been doing letters for my church since I got home.

Anyway this morning I did KPC and Stretching with the Ball #2 from Cathe's total body stretching. Workout was 1:08 and I burned 538 calories.

I work out first thing in the morning at home by myself. That's the only way it works for me. LOL!

BTW, I go see the massage therapist Sat. morning at 11 am about my hands. Woo-Hoo!:D

Hello all!

I had a crazy day today, too. I babysat for a friend this morning, my DH had to go to work early so I had to get all my kids to school by myself (with the bonus child in tow!), pick up from school, feed lunch, drop off at school, make dinner for my family and my step-daughter and her family (she just had a baby a week ago. :) ), pick up from school, finish dinner, bake brownies, drive a 1/2 hour to step-DD's house, ohh and ahh over the baby, drive 1/2 hour back home, feed my kids......ahhhhh, sit at the computer for a bit. The kitchen still needs to be cleaned up, but I needed a break! I did manage to get a WO in. I did Nekea Brown's Amazing Hot Stepping. It was interesting. My mind was everywhere else so I didn't focus on it very well. I definitely want to try it again, though.

Christine, I think it's awesome that your DH will work out with you! My DH isn't quite there yet. I keep praying for him, though! He is a very uncontrolled diabetic and needs to lose a few pounds. I keep praying that God will work on him and change his heart towards his health.

Iris, 3 months sounds like a great idea with the gym. That's a good way to try it out. Maybe they will offer you a better deal once they know that you are really interested.

Karen, I prefer to workout at home, even with my kids running around me! :) I have 3 that are very close in age (5.5, 4.5 and 4) so taking them anywhere is painful! I love that verse you posted! I need to remind my kiddos of that!

Linda, great wo today! Hopefully the massage will help your hands. That sounds fabulous! :)

Alright, my dirty kitchen is calling me. Have a great evening, all! :)

Becca, wow you DID have a crazy day! You did a good job of detailing it though, I felt like I was right there with you! :) My hubby doesn't really like to workout. We tried P90X together but neither one of us really liked it. He won't do Cathe, but when I talked to him about 30 Day Shred, he said he'd like to give it a shot since the workouts are only 20 minutes long. I think it will be fun to do together! Good luck with the dirty kitchen! :)

Linda, what do you use that tells you the calories burned after your workouts? Hooray, a massage therapist!! That sounds great! I will pray that it really helps your hand!

Karen, was it LoMax tonight or a run?? That's so awesome that you've had this tradition with your sister for 20+ years! Please have a brownie for me!! :) Thanks for the scripture too!

Iris, wow - 36 months is way too long of a commitment for a gym membership! How did you make out? I'm sure if they want sales they will let you commit to less time. Hey, laundry and running up and down stairs is exercise too! ;)

Okay, no workout again for me today, but I am okay with that - surprisingly!! But I did have a rough day, but back on track tomorrow!

Have a blessed night all!

Linda, what do you use that tells you the calories burned after your workouts? Hooray, a massage therapist!! That sounds great! I will pray that it really helps your hand!

Christine - I just bought a Nike Imara heart rate monitor and I love it. I also have an older Polar but it didn't give me the calories burned.

Hi Ladies,

Surprisingly, I got another opportunity at the computer this evening, and thought I'd read up on how the day has gone for all of you :) I find myself looking forward to reading everyone's posts.

My visit to the gym went well. It was a 60 minute cardio kickboxing class. The women seemed very friendly. They tried to make me feel comfortable. It's always a little awkward for me being the new girl, but the class was pretty good. I used to take kickboxing classes at a Tae Kwon Do studio, and they were super intense, but had a long stretch before and after the workout. This one went straight to a nice warm-up and active stretch, and then the cardio picked up. Toward the end of class, they had everyone form a line, while jogging in place, and everyone took turns punching and kicking a freestanding heavy bag. The last 10 minutes or so of class was ab work and a stretch. My heart-rate was still up quite a bit when I was done, so I guess the stretch was very short, but I'm ok with that. Still trying to decide which membership I want to go for. I told them I needed some time to think about it over the weekend, and decide which one is more cost effective for me. I have gotten used to working out at home alone, and it has it's perks too, but at the same time it was nice to get my workout done without one of my kids or hubby calling me from the top of the stairs, lol. That always drives me crazy. Usually I have to pause the player to hear them, and it can be annoying and desruptive. I need to pray for more patience, lol.

Linda, good luck with the therapist. I hope you get some relief quickly :)

Good night everyone.

Well Christine, it was a 5 mile run for me tonight. I wanted to go longer but my sister wanted to eat earlier so I had to stop. She had a bad day and I think she just wanted to talk, so I headed to her house which is just down the hill. We have a little "Ponderosa" going here as my husband and I live with my mom. We built her an apartment over a 3 car garage that's attached to the house. She is 76 yrs old but extremely healthy (maybe healthier then I am!!) but she does need help and I'm glad to be here for her. She's one strong lady both physically and mentally.

My sister and her family live down the hill on land that is shared. I believe there are about 15 acres between both places with horses, llamas and lots of dogs and cats. It really is beautiful here although I really enjoyed our first little house in a quaint subdivision we lived in years ago. But, I guess I'm a country girl now whether I like it or not. :eek:)

Hey Linda,
I pray all goes well with your therapy. That must be so painful especially when you love to workout. Take care of yourself!

Iris, sounds as if you had a good kick butt kick box workout!! I enjoyed gym workouts years ago, especially step classes. I do miss the friends I made and the fact we all had the same goals in common which was to keep up with the instructor!!

OK Becca, enough downtime. Surely you can't be tired after that kind of day? I think you could have slipped a few more chores in your day, don't ya think?? I did like the "baking brownies" part. I could get into that. :)

God Bless friends and good night!!
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.