Alpha Omega Check-In 1/21/09

Good morning Everyone!

I did another Charles Stanley study this morning, straight from his website. This one was titled "Freedom From Sin". It was about surrender to God and living in the Spirit and not the flesh. This scripture was included:

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:20)

So far, no workout again for me today. I've been battling some sort of stomach thing since yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it passes! That, combined with my burnout, I'm happy to take another rest day. We got our 30 Day Shred yesterday though, so when I feel better, I will start that.

Have a blessed day!!

Last edited:
Hello all!

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. I had way too many things on my plate to fit my WO in. Today, I made up my couch to 5K run and that was it. It was more than enough for me.

Christine, I hope you are starting to feel better soon! Let me know how you like 30 Day Shred. I have heard good things about it. Love today's verse. As many times as I read that, I can never be reminded enough! Our Bible Study went well Monday night. It was the intro video to Esther so we didn't have a lot to discuss. It was fun though, and I think we got a lot out of it. I am exciting to be in an in-depth study again. I enjoy the homework and finding out where God will lead me as I study His Word. It's always an adventure! And there is a ton of history with Esther and I think that's pretty cool, too.

Hello to everyone else. I pray that it is a blessed day for all of you!

So how cute is this and what does this tell you about my family. My DD will turn four this Sunday and when talking to her about her birthday, she said she wanted to have her party at our church. She things the funnest place we go is CHURCH! Gotta love that!

I really need to get to bed earlier.:( I am tired.
Okay today was one of those mornings that I fought everything, my mp3 player, my equipment, my workout space, my dvd player and my HRM. So to say the least I did not get in as much as I wanted to. I cut the cardio a little short and didn't add any additional stretches.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 26's
BB Bench Dips
15/15/14 - 55# ***Switched to dips off the bench to help take the stress off my shoulders I feel doing regular dips***

Superset B
Chin Ups w/ Knee ups
8/8/7 ***One more rep on first two sets***
DB Step UPs
8/8/8 - 31's

Superset C
Hanging Knee Raises
8/8/8 ***Again switching from the SB Jackknifes***
X-Body Mountain Climbers
12/12/12 per side
Side Plank w/ leg raise
10/10/10 per side

Then interval cardio at 60/60 ratio for 6 rounds doing Core Repeaters around the step like in LIC. Then the stretch segment from Amy's 10 Minute Solutions Tone Trouble Spots Band Workout.

Christine
- Hope your stomach feels better soon!

Hi, Becca!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

Christine, I have to get back to Charles Stanley's webiste. I used to visit his site often for the bible studies, and to hear his sermons. I haven't done that in a while. Can you tell I'm just getting back? If you guys could all keep me in your prayers, that would be great :) I hope you're feeling better Christine.

Becca, glad to hear your bible study went well :) My church has small home groups which run every other Sunday evening, and I need to look into those. I go to a large Pentecostal church, and small groups are the church's way of getting people to know each other as they fellowship together. I am just getting back to church, so I feel like I have to relearn what's available. I'm soo glad I found this thread.

Hi Linda. Your daughter sounds too cute. How wonderful that she thinks loves church. Especially at such a young age. I have those days too where everything acts up on me while working out. Especially my HRM.

Today's workout will be Gymstyle Back & Biceps.

Hello to the rest of the ladies who haven't made it here yet.

Hello all,

Today was Bodymax 1 for me. Been struggling lately with fatigue, so I hope to be back to normal soon. Must be some crud going around. I feel for you Christine and hope you are feeling better soon. We never realize how important our health is til we go thru down times. Thank you God that I am reasonably healthy!!

Tomorrow will be Lowmax or a 6 mile run. Whatever I have time for. My sister and I get together every Thursday for brownie night. We have dinner and make brownies then watch either The Bachelor or American Idol. It's actually time for us to get together and talk. We are best friends and her kids are just like my own (since we have no children.) It's the one night I totally give in to my sweet tooth and eat almost a whole pan of brownies (of course with the help of my sweet 3 yr old niece and 6 yr old nephew.) They get so excited for BROWNIE NIGHT!!

Hey Becca, our church has just started the Esther study. I wanted to participate, but my husband and I are in the middle of The Truth Series. It is pretty awesome as well and I know that next time Esther comes around, I will be there for the 6:30AM study.

Hi Linda, the fact that your almost 4 yr old daughter wants to have her birthday party at your church speaks volumes of how much you inspire your child to follow Christ. What an incredible feeling that must be for your very heart and soul to be excited by "church."
Also, your avatar pic is awesome!! You go girl!

Iris, so glad you are getting back into church. There's no place else to be then securely in the Savior's arms and getting back into His word. There are so many studies out there that are excellent, I hope you find one for you. It definitely will help keep you accountable for reading the Word. Good luck!!

Have a great evening ladies. I will check in tomorrow.

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.