Alpha Omega Check-In 1/20/09

Good morning everyone!

“Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you….” (Psalm 55:22)

This is good to focus on as we go about our business! My husband got me a cute little plaque with this scripture on it, it has two little cats on it too that look like our cats. I love looking at it throughout the day as a reminder of what I have in Christ!

Today was an off day for me again! I actually had a total body weight workout planned, but I’ve been experiencing a bit of “workout burnout” lately and decided to take the rest and focus on scripture instead. I spent an hour doing a Bible study from the Charles Stanley website and it was very rewarding! BECCA, it’s interesting that you mentioned the Beth Moore study you just finished. I checked it out last night on-line, I’d like to maybe do the on-line study sometime. I tend to obsess over my workouts too, and I want to do them for the right reasons, like as an act of worship. I really need help in this area and I know I made the right decision this morning by skipping the workout and focusing on the Lord instead. I really need a change. I’ve been dreading my workouts and feeling like crying halfway through them! That’s not like me at all! My husband and I also have Power 90 and we just ordered 30 Day Shred, so when that arrives, I think I am going to alternate between the two because they are only 20-30 minutes in length.

Becca, how did your new study go?

I hope you all have a blessed day! I look forward to the posts that follow! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

Christine I love the scripture for today. That very scripture was on my mind this morning as I was driving to work. I tend to worry about everything.

I have been struggling a bit with my workouts too. Sometimes workout burnout happens, or maybe the Lord just wanted you to focus on him this morning :)

I did Power 90 last year. I think it would have been soo much more fun if I had been able to do it along with someone else, but, my husband refuses to workout, and my 19 yr. old son is just as bad. The rotation is pretty good though. I have 30 day shred too, and it's a pretty good short workout.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Christine - Definitely sounds like burnout to me! Listen to your mind and your body and take a break. I use to be one to never take a break from working out and now I find I look forward to them so I can return refreshed.

Great verse by the way, one I live by. I tend to give most everything to the Lord, helps me worry a lot less.:D You ladies with the bible studies are an inspiration. I really need to start one, but how to choose?

Today was cardio.I had to take DD to school so time was limited. I did 4 DS LIS & HIS Cardio Premix, then the Triple Crush Exercise from Providence (this is just 2 minutes), foam rolled my low back & Hamstrings then finished with the 10 minutes stretch from Amy's 10 Minute Solution Tone Trouble Spots adding a couple extra at the end. Workout was 1:14 and I burned 558 calories.

Okay I made the kids go through their toys yesterday. It went well until we got to the stuffed animals, then DS (7) was a puddle of tears.:( (Sorry Lynn) I didn't make the ten or even twelve, but they did reduce everything by half, so I am proud of them and content for now. We'll take this in baby steps! Right?;)

Hi Friends!!

Tonight I plan on Imax 3 and Core Max abs #1. I've been pushing really hard lately and today I'm not feeling quite up to snuff. Didn't sleep well last night so coming to work was difficult and I'm dragging right now. I hope to perk up when I get home to get my workout in. I should just skip it, but I'm a hard head and can't stand to miss a workout. I have to pray on that, a lot!!

I came across this verse today and felt like it lifted me up.

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Have a great day!!

Karen

Last edited:
Iris- I tend to worry too, that's why it's so nice to have encouraging scriptures such as the one I posted earlier! I think worry has a stronghold in my life, but I keep bringing it to our Heavenly Father in prayer! The devotion I did this morning was actually on worry and axiety, so it was great for me to dwell on the "Do not worry..." and "Do not be anxious..." scriptures first thing in the morning! Thanks for your input on Power 90 and 30 Day Shred. We got Power 90 last year and while it was being shipped I discovered Cathe on FitTV and, needless to say, I never tried P90! ha ha It's been non-stop Cathe ever since! We actually have P90X too, but I didn't like it. We just got 30 Day Shred today in the mail, so hopefully we can start this week. It is nice to workout with someone, I'm glad my husband wants to do this together!

Linda, I would say to pray about a Bible study and the Lord will give you ideas! When my hubby and I first moved into our house last August, or neighbor came over and told us she was a Christian and would love to do a study with us. That's how the study we're doing now with Kay Arthur came about. (I didn't even know who Kay Arthur was until I met my neighbor!) The study I did this morning was from Charles Stanley's website. He has a bunch for free. I really like him as a preacher, so I just looked around his home page to find something I could spend about an hour on this morning. Great workout this morning, sounds like you got a lot accomplised in a little over an hour!! Oooh, I remember what it was like getting rid of my stuffed animals *sniff*, hee! That must be one of the harder mommy jobs! :)

Karen, tough workout planned for tonight! I can be very tough on myself about skipping workouts too. That's a big prayer thing for me too! I can probably workout a lot less than I do, but psychologically I feel like I need to do so much per week. I love it, but I think I'm getting burned out because of all the mental focus! If you do miss tonight, tomorrow is another day! Thanks for the scripture, that one is GREAT!! I love the encouragement! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.