Alpha Omega Check-In 1/19/08

Good morning everyone!
I hope you all had a blessed weekend! I am off from work today because of the holiday, is anyone else off too?

Here is some scripture from Psalm 19 today:

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands" (Psalm 19:1)

Has anyone seen the documentary "The Star of Bethlehem"? It's awesome and I highly recommend it if you haven't! It's about a lawyer who got involved in astrology and discovers the signs in the sky God used to fore-tell the birth and death of Christ. It's amazing! Here's the link to his website: http://www.bethlehemstar.net/

Anyway, the above scripture reminded me of this documentary, because the skies do indeed declare the work of His hands!!!

I plan to do some form of 4DS cardio today (probably KB/BC)

Have a blessed day!

Morning,

Yesterday was a rest day for me as I am always so busy with the church.

But I was back at it this morning.

This week four of Phase 2 of TT for Abs. Thinking I might take a rest before starting Phase 3.

Superset A
Reverse Lunge
8/8/8 - 31's
Decline Spiderman Pushups
9/9/9 - **Up 1 rep on first two sets and 2 reps on the last set :D***

Superset B
Pull Ups w/ knee ups
5/5/4 ***one more rep on first two sets***:D
Stability Ball Leg Curl
20/20/20

Superset C

AB Wheel Roll Out
10/10/10
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ hands on ball
10/10/10 per side
Straight Arm Side Plank
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds going over step w/ lunge back. Then Floor Stretch from Tamilee's Total Body Stretching. Then DD made me run around with her some more. Work out was 1:26 and I burned 600 calories.

Got a late start today so kids were with me, and after the intervals I run around my workout area, well they were running with me. They just thought it was a blast.

Lynn - What a great idea about the toys, I will have to try it today!

Iris
- Thank you for the compliment about my arms. And yes I love to lift heavy.:D Great to hear you are getting back to church!

Heather
- Thank you also and great job on the walk.

Hi Christine,

I too have the day off and I love it. Today I did Bodymax2, took a shower, did some laundry, and now deciding what to do next. I have so many things I could do, but do I want to? I'll have to think about it for a while.

Your scripture reading for today is one of my favorite. When we look out into the heavens, how can we not believe a loving Creator did this just for us? Everyday is a chance to see where His fingerprints have touched the whole of creation. I want that to be a focus for me today as I draw nearer to Him. Thanks for the great idea Christine!!

I hope everyone has a strong workout day. And if it's a non-workout day, that's fine too. Just enjoy the scenery as you look out your window and take in the love of our Father in heaven. I myself am enjoying some beautiful snow here in Kentucky.

Have a great day!

Karen

I did 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp today! I love those two workouts back-to-back, great sweat-fest! :)

Linda, sounds like fun working out with your kids! My "fur-kids" (ha ha) are always in my workout room with me. I have 3 cats and a dog. Sometimes I have to shoo them out though because they like to play on and around my step!

Karen, I hear you about deciding which chores to do! I probably could have done a million things today, but decided grocery shopping was enough! I just did that and then relaxed. I'd like to enjoy my weekday off :) I'm glad you're enjoying the scriptures! I love the encouragment that comes from discussing scripture and the Lord! :)

Hello all! Checking in with Lauren Brooks' 40 min k-bell wo. I started it thinking I need a heavier k-bell, by the end I was THRILLED with my 15 lb'er. :D

Christine, that Bethlehem Star sounds interesting. I love it when science proves the Bible. It's amazing how often that happens. ;)

Linda, great workout, even with the helpers! My kiddos try to play chicken across the step when I am working out. They try to run across it as fast as they can before I get back up. It's quite entertaining!

Karen, great job on BM2! I have yet to complete that entire WO as filmed.

Last night I finished up, "Living Beyond Yourself", Beth Moore's Fruit of the Spirit study. She talked about taking care of the temple (our bodies) and about having a healthy view of fitness (Heather, I'm sure you have seen this one based on some of the quotes you use!:D). It was very convicting for me as I tend to over-obsess about my weight and what WO I am going to do. She says to just do what you are going to do and then get on with your life. She cautioned against calorie counting unless there is a valid medical reason. She encouraged us to see eating and exercise as an act of worship. You know what? Since hearing that, I have eaten so much better today than I normally would! I haven't counted a single calorie or written anything down. I have just focused on eating thigs that bring glory to God. The whole thing was very eye-opening to me!

If you could, please be in prayer for my Bible Study that is starting up tonight. I lead it and we are doing Beth Moore's Esther study. I am excited about it and we have some new people joining us. I just pray that it will be a blessing to all those involved!

Have a Marvelous Monday!

Hello Ladies,

I hope those of you that had the day off enjoyed it :) I had to work. Very busy day at the office too.

I love reading about your bible studies. It inspires me to get back to studying myself :) Definitely a positive thing for me to be here. Thank you ladies.

Just got done with my workout. I did an upper body workout - Gymstyles Chest, Triceps & Shoulders. I am looking forward to cardio tomorrow.

Good night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.