Alpha Omega Check-In 1/16/09

Good morning everyone!
If you're in the Northeast like me, I hope you are all staying warm today!! :)

I was reading through some scripture cards last night and came across this one, which is one of my favorites:

"Entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels" (Hebrews 13:2)

I love the idea of angels taking human form and how we can have face to face experiences with them, without even knowing! It makes me think twice about who I encounter throughout the day, and how the Lord may be using them in my life, or me in their life!

Today I did 4DS LIS and the first 2 combos from HIS. I like to do them back to back, but this morning I wasn't operating on full steam! I was tired, so I listened to my body and stopped when it was clearly time (ie- constantly tripping over my feet!) :)

I hope everyone has a blessed day! I look forward to reading the posts that follow!

:)Christine

Christine, what a great verse. I really like that one, thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember it as I interact with people. Good idea on listen to your body!

I live in the Northeast too. New Jersey to be exact. Looked at your profile and saw your beautiful wedding picture. Wonder why it is not showing up on your posts?

Anyway, here is what I did this morning:

Superset A
BB Squats
12/12/12 - 87's
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26's

Superset B

Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullover
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ Feet on SB
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ Feet on Ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on SB
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds going over step w linge backs. Then did the stretch from IMAX 3. I also added a few more upper body stretches, while I made DS's breakfast.

Now, I have to go work on our church directory.

Linda, I thought the same thing about my picture!! I don't know why it doesn't show up when I post! Thanks for the comments on it though! We got married last April! :)

I'm glad you liked the scripture verse!

Great workout this morning! I wish I had a barbell because I know I can go so much heavier with squats and some back work, but there's only so much weight I can handle holding dumbells and doing squats and such!

Do you work for your church?

Great workout this morning! I wish I had a barbell because I know I can go so much heavier with squats and some back work, but there's only so much weight I can handle holding dumbells and doing squats and such!

I so agree with that. When I do use heavy dumbbells I have something called versagripps that helps me hold them. Otherwise it wouldn't happen, especially since I have carpal tunnel and I really have to watch what torture I inflict on my wrists. I am really considering looking into surgery at this point, it has gotten that bad. Also the BB Squats I did this morning were suppose to be done with dumbbells, but when I hold dumbbells heavy enough to squat my form goes all weird. The dumbbells seem to get in my way.

Do you work for your church?

No, I just volunteer for everything!:p:D

Hello all!

I am getting ready to do some sort of circuit wo. I think LIC, but I keep debating about the original BC. I have only done it one time, and I enjoyed it, but i am afraid of it! LOL! I planned to run some errands this am, but DH has my car (it's 4WD and we have a TON of snow) and he left his car without the key. :( So I am stuck home with 4 kids today and no chance of leaving. I am in OH and the temp, last I checked was -14!:eek: That is crazy!

Christine, your wedding picture is beautiful! Good job listening to your body today. It's tough, sometimes, when you just want to get it done. I like that verse. I'm thinking unless the angels come knocking on my door today, I won't be seeing any (other than the one's who live here, of course!;)).

Linda, GREAT workout! Is that Turbulence Training that you are following?

I need to work on my Bible Study and then get my WO in. BTW, has anyone heard of Tonya Larson? I saw she is on the CIA pre-order and they mention that she has a degree in Bible. :) I found her first DVD at Collage http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/step-pump-with-tonya-larson-7830 and it starts off with a devotion. LOVE that! I had to order it. I think it is geared more toward beg/intermediate, but I want to give it a try. There are always light days! I also preordered her CIA workout. I need to take it easy on all these pre-orders right now! I saw that Lauren Brooks has a new DVD coming out for K-bells and pregnancy. I am not pregnant, nor will I ever be again, but I LOVE Lauren's other K-bell WO and I could always increase weights. Must.not.cave....Must be content with what I have! :)

Have a fantastic Friday, all!

I think LIC, but I keep debating about the original BC. I have only done it one time, and I enjoyed it, but i am afraid of it! LOL!

I hate drill 5 Terminator Thrusters!:eek:

I'm thinking unless the angels come knocking on my door today, I won't be seeing any (other than the one's who live here, of course!;)).

LOL!:p

Linda, GREAT workout! Is that Turbulence Training that you are following?

Yes, TT for Abs actually.

Must.not.cave....Must be content with what I have! :)

I know what you mean, I have one new book & two new DVD's due to arrive today or Monday and I have Amy's new DVD's on preorder. Now I am looking into music:confused:!

Becca, I've never heard of Tonya Larson, but I'll have to check her out! Thanks for the link!! What workout did you decide on? I love both LIC and BC!! Although I have to agree with Linda and say I totally dread the drill with Terminator Thrusts! I feel so accomplished after both workouts though, so I'm sure you got a real good WO in, no matter which one you tried! I meant to reply to your question yesterday about Linda Dillow, I'm not sure if it's the same woman who wrote the book I read, but if the book is Christian based, then I'm sure it's her! Pillow Dillow :)

Linda, I struggle with wrist issues too! I think I'm headed in the carpel tunnel direction in my right wrist. I type a lot for a living and it's getting to me!!

Lynn, I saw your post under the 1/15 check-in! Good for you on doing ME today! I love that workout!! Congrats too on passing over the chocolate chip cookies, that takes will power!!

Hope everyone has a great & blessed night! I have a circuit on my workout menu for tomorrow, I just haven't decided which one yet. Perhaps LIC or BC, Becca?? :)

I ended up doing LIC and I thought I was going with an "easy" workout! LOL! It has been a while since I did the whole thing as filmed. That is a challenging one! The ab work just never lets up and my bis and tris were toast. I enjoyed it, though. :)

Hi Lynn, I missed your post, but great job on ME! I have not been avoiding cookies. I baked some "for the kids" and HAD to test them out to make sure they were edible. Peanut butter cookies with a hershey's kiss in the middle....drool..... I am hoping my DH and oldest DS finish them off tonight while they are up playing on the computer.

Tomorrow is a run and I think I will add on some K-bell work. Have a great evening all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.