_*_*_*_Kettlebellers Mon June 21_*_*_*_

Good morning everyone! I am just getting us started. I will be doing SIM this morning with either legs or swings, maybe both.

See ya' in a few!

Missy
:)

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA this weekend. It was a busy one. DH, Rascal and I drove to the Derry, NH dog park for a get together with folks from Second Chance Boxer Rescue (where we adopted Rascal from). A dozen or so Boxers in one place makes for a fun time. :D

We had a black bear visit our yard yesterday, and that was kinda fun. I think he wanted to scope out the compost pile. DH and Rascal were outside when he showed up, so he didn't stay very long. I tried to pics, but wasn't fast enough. :(

Yesterday I did a workout from CrossFit Jersey shore. It was a nice, sweaty workout of basic kettlebell stuff:

5 minutes at each exercise, 15 sec on/15 sec rest

• KB Snatch r/l 12kg
  • KB Clean r/l 16kg
  • KB Push press r/l 16kg
  • Racked Squat r/l 16kg
  • One Arm Swings r/l 16kg

Deanie - Have a great trip to Florida! Nice work on "Josh" and the DLs. :)

Missy - I like the the looks of the circuit you posted, tough stuff! How was the party?

Rhonda - ITA that 2 hours of Krav Maga should be plenty o' workout. Have fun!

Andilynn - Stay cool at work. I worked in manufacturing when I was younger, and I remember certain areas of the plant (forge, specifically) getting well into the 100's during the summer. Stay hydrated chickie! Great job on the chest presses!

Welcome Laura! ITA with Deanie that Providence is a good DVD to start with. I think Anthony's Kettlebell Way workout with Beth Cahmberlain(?) is the same workout, but with more instruction.

Jane - Great job on the race! Kudos for being able to handle that heat...I'm a big time heat weenie. Hope you had a good swim! See, you really are a great motivator. :)

Waves hello to Marcy!

I think I'm gonna hit the gym this evening and do some front squats. That's what CF 603 has planned for today.

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning!

Today I did Results: 10 Days Lower Body and Intervals. I used 10# throughout for leg work:

Squats/Ski Jumps
Deadlifts/Football Drill
Alternating Reverse Lunges/Hammer Punch Lunges
Plie Squats/Burpees
Turned out deadlifts/low jacks
Single Leg Deadlifts R leg/hop on 1 foot (had to stop after awhile and just do jumprope)
Other leg deadlift and hop on 1 foot (again, had to stop and do jumprope)
Curtsy lunges and balance/Skaters
Curtsy lunges other side/alternating front kicks
low lunge hands on floor, R leg bent 90°, tap L leg out & in/boxer shuffle and jabs
squat and alternating cross body punch (5# dbbls)
squat with side kick
Overhead reverse crunch with straight legs (10#)
Mountain climbers

Farmer - How was Krav Maga class? I think 2 hours is plenty! Glad you had a nice dinner with your dad.

Andilynn - WTG on the bench presses! Hope you like Plyo Legs.

Laura - Welcome to our check-in! I have both Providence and Lauren Brooks' DVDs. They are both excellent. Lauren's has a tutorial which should be helpful to you as to form. Anthony gives form pointers on Providence but if you haven't used kettlebells at all, you might want to try Lauren's first. Lauren's has two workouts on hers - a 40-min. full body workout and a 12-min. fat blasting workout. You might have noticed I'm not doing kettlebell workouts at the moment. I did the Enter the Kettlebell rotation (a workbook from Anthony) for three months and was doing kettlebells for a couple of months before that. I got a little burned out and decided to do a different rotation for a couple of months. I do plan on getting back to them though. Enter the Kettlebell is a great rotation once you get your form down and get familiar with the exercises.

Jane - I can't believe you did Back & Biceps after your run! That was actually the toughest workout for me from P90X. Sounds like your friend is really giving you a good challenge!

Deanie - Hope you have a great time in Florida! I'll be waving down at you from the North!

Gayle - You're finally doing a workout that sounds doable to me! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Waves to Missy!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Today is a rest day. I'm wore out. Yesterday I did 100 laps in the pool. I called my friend to tell her and she told me that she did 16 laps the day before. Yikes!! I created a monster!! I'm so glad this is working though. She told me that she is sleeping good (she has had problems sleeping in the past) so I guess if this is helping....:eek:

Deanie ~ Hope you're having fun in Florida!

Gayle ~ Your weekend sounds like great fun! Too bad you didn't get pics of the bear. How cool!!

Marcy ~ I'm still sore from the P90x workout. My forearms and biceps are still hurting!! Now I'm starting to feel my shoulders (probably from swimming).

Andilynn ~ I hope you stay cool at work. My sister works for a catalog company and whereas she works in air conditioning the warehouse people are out in the heat all day. I don't know how they do. Drink lots of water!!

Wavin' hello to Missy and Farmer!!

Hey everyone. Class was good on Saturday. We went over drills from the week and we practiced breaking out of a side choke. We also had to stand wih our eyes closed and wait for someone for us to choke us and break out of it. It was crazy!

I am whipped because we went to NC yesterday and came back this morning. The flights looked horrible so we caught the 1st flight out. I am not exercising today because I have had very little sleep.

Jane- Glad your race went well. So your swimming buddy is making you put your money where your mouth is huh :).

Deanie- Hope you are having fun in the Sunshine State.

Laura- Hi and welcome.

Gayle- Were you afraid of the bear? Do they bother your trash and other things?

Andilynn- Welcome back! How long have you been working in the position that you have?

Missy- Hope SIM went well for you. How did the sitting turn out?

Marcy- Thanks. KM was good. Sounds like you had a god workout.

I plan on being back on track tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.