_*_*_*The Weekend is for Kettlebells!!!*_*_*_

I copy and pasted from y'day's thread in case you missed it Laura:

Laura, SIM is Strength in Motion - it's a worksheet workout from the Art of Strength website.
http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineS...7/Default.aspx
It is (up to) a 6 month rotation, high intensity timed workout. You do 30 seconds of work with the heaviest weight you can use followed by a timed rest - you choose how long or short you take. The exercises include: sumo squats, figure 8's, snatches, push-ups, double kettlebell cleans, etc. It is the same routine and sequence every workout, but it will really increase your strength. I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to up my weights and add reps per set to my pull/chin ups... I was a bit disappointed when I ordered it and saw that it was the same routine, just different times per week and now I feel like a walking advertisement, lol! :p

Do you do any kettlebell workouts? You should join us, we would love to see you every day and read about what you are doing! :)

Today I am doing a circuit 5 rounds/40 seconds work/20 rest of:
-jumping pull-ups
-burpees
-swings (35#)
-squat/ball toss(12# med ball, I hope it's heavy enough)
-push ups
-jump rope

It should be a doozy.

What's everyone's plans this weekend? Today we are going over to a friend's house for swimming and perhaps a little rock band and this evening is my nephew's 4th birthday party. He is so big, I can't stand it! I remember when he was a baby still. :confused: Where does the time go?

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and I'll chat with you later! :)

Missy

Hi everyone. I am going to Krav Maga class this morning. There is a review and then combatives. 2 hours should be enough exercise for one day.

Missy- Kids grow up so quickly. When I moved away from FL, I just thought people would magically be suspended in time. I now see kids that I used to babysit that are adults and have children of their own. It is so strange.

Waves to everyone. Be back later.

Good Morning

Today may be a rest day, we'll see:confused:

Missy::: Have fun with your circuit today, you're right, looks like a doozy!!:p your weekend sounds fun!.

Rhonda::: Enjoy your class!

This weekend is... get ready for Florida, go to Florida!!LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been around but things are crazy for me right now while working and trying to get the summer semester done before vacation in August! This week I took a few days off from STS to get in some kettlebells, I ended up diong Firepower and Newport this week. I'm not up to par yet but the temps at work ( 115 degrees) in the furnaces and quench and 95 in the work areas have been killing me! I go through this every year when summer starts til I get acclimated to the temps, at least the ambulance didn't cart anyone out this week! (we average usually one a week during the peak of summer) After eight hours of the heat my workouts suffer but I sleep like a baby , Lol! This morning I started back on STS Meso #3, Chest and Back, went as heavy as I could 60# on the barbell for chest presses! I was proud of myself but I'm feeling it now! I'm hoping Plyo legs will be fun, it's on tap for later in the week.

Missy-Looks like a good workout, burpees always kill me for some reason!

Deanie- Florida sounds good, I love vacations, I'd love to be on one permanantly!

Rhonda-Enjoy your class and yes 2hrs sounds like plenty of workout to me!

Waves to all! :)

Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for the link Missy. I've just bought myself a 8kg (16lb) dumbell so I'm very much a beginner in the kettlebell department. The SIM workout looks great. I'm looking to incorporate some kinds of circuit training into my workouts. I feel I'm going that way. Way to go on the jumping pull up. I can't even do an assisted pull up with good form.

I'm looking to make a few purchases this week. I've been looking at various programmes. Steve Cotter seems good although his Kettlebell Encyclopaedia is a little pricey. Also AOS Providence and Lauren Brooks look good. Then theres the Kettlebell Goddess. Choices choices its so hard. Any suggestions would be great. I'd also like a good book on bodyweight conditioning. But theres so many ebooks to choose from.

Deanie Florida sounds fantastic. I'm in the UK and I've never visited the States. Alot of people from the uk tend to holiday in Florida. I'd love to go to the States one day. Worked legs and Shoulders today at the gym. Hopefully I'll have some soreness tomorrow. I'm going to continue with my present workout and switch programmes in 3 weeks.

Anyway
Have fantastic weekends ladies and take care.

Love
Laura

Not sure if I will have time to post tomorrow....

Laura::: I highly recommend AOS providence to start with kettlebells:). Please feel free to keep checking in with us! I've never been to the UK, but would love to go!

Andilynn::: Hope the heat at work, works out for you soon!:confused:

If I don't post tomorrow (but you all know how anal I am so I probably will!!:p;)) Have a
great week!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm checking in late today. I did my 5K race this morning. It was very hot, temps were already in the low 80's at race time (8:15 am) and the humidity was 94%. Luckily most of the course was shaded. It was a tough one with 2 big hills at the end. In the afternoon I did P90X back and biceps.

My pool friend did 10 laps on Friday so I think tomorrow I'll get to the pool and do my 100 laps. Wow...I didn't expect her to make a jump from 6 to 10 so quickly!!

Laura ~ Welcome to our group!! I agree with Deanie that Providence is a great workout to start out with. Although I don't have the Lauren Brooks workouts, I have heard that hers are good too!!

Deanie ~ Have a safe trip to Florida! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night when you're here in Georgia. I'll be facing East waving at you! :) Pack some light clothes it's going to be a scorcher tomorrow.

Waves quickly to everyone!!!!!:):):)

have a great week!

check out my blog for my workout. Gayle You get major kudos for OHS with 55#!!!! you rock! Jane good luck with the 100 laps! I will be waving to you too tonight:)!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.