7-Day Eat Clean Challenge

Zora

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Technically this is Day #1 for me, so here goes:

Breakfast: oatmeal with protein powder, wheat germ, flaxseed, and fresh strawberries; 2 cups coffee

My school is on a 2-hour delay this morning b/c of a power outage, so I'm going to take advantage of it and get some grading done. I plan on doing either BC or KPC tonight. (Did the "Overall Legs" premix from B&G yesterday morning and my glutes are talkin' to me! }( ) Love it!!!

Knowing that I'll have to check in later w/ the rest of my food info will hopefully keep me on track today - Good Luck everyone!

-Zora :)

Good mornining. :) My workout today will be either step or kickboxing and my eating will be:

B - 1/2 whole wheat bagel, 1 tbsp natural pb, 1 banana, 1 decaf 1% latte
S - 10 almonds, raisins
L - salad w/ tuna and peach-mango salsa
S - string cheese, apple
D - chicken & veggie stir fry, brown rice

Morning clean eaters. Day 2 for me. No workouts yesterday, but I was back at it at 4:15 this morning - BMax2. Half a serving of Gatorade right after.

Breakfast was Cinch shake with FF soy milk, raspberries and blackberries, green tea.

I'm really struggling with drinking way too much water right now - which is why I did the gatorade. Did a 10-mile walk the other day (training for my 60)and I was swollen HUGE. I drink like 2-3 gallons a day and really don't replenish my electrolytes. I need to find a good mix of sodium and carbs with not a lot of calories - now THERE'S a challenge. I'd welcome any thoughts some of you may have. Will update with the whole day later on. Have a clean day all!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Maybe I should have today as my start day, rather than yesterday...I got home from work last night and, without a second thought, had baked doritos and a slice of frozen pizza!! I had being doing awesome with my eating until the evening..so frustrating! I know that night is my weak spot--especially after getting home from work, since my body is exhausted. Today is a new day, and I don't work the closing shift :)

Workout: 15 minutes Step/Intervals, followed by P90X Shoulders/Arms. Hoping for a power walk or short run tonight. It's 90 degrees today (wow for Minnesota), so we'll see how hot it is at 7 tonight.
Food Plan:
B-1/2 serving Kashi Go Lean, protein bar
S-Apple
L-salmon, peas, yogurt
S-Cheese stick..maybe some air-popped popcorn
D-Grilled turkey burgers, veggies, sweet potato fries

All for now. Have a great Monday!

Lisa

Good Morning Everyone!
I am so glad that someone started this as this is exactly what I need to "clean up" my eating!!This is my day 1. Breakfast was oatmeal with flaxseed, scrambled egg whites with asparagus and water. I will post what I eat for the rest of the day later on, as I always plan to eat clean after breakfast, but then I always cheat. This way it will keep me honest. For my workout, I am doing the upper body premix of Muscle Max and a lower body Pilates band workout.

Zora-What do you teach?

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Beth:)

Hi, everyone!!

Yesterday I was able to stick to my plan. I added edamame, half a pear and a banana as snacks. Fresh pineapple was my mother's day treat in place of a glass or two of wine (very proud of that one!!).

Today is:
Low Impact Step
B- oatmeal with half banana and unsweetened coconut flakes
S- edamame, other half of banana
L- salad with leftover grilled chicken
S- leftover greenbeans (I like 'em cold)
D- Lentils and mushrooms, sauteed with onion and add leftover brown rice, beets. Apple for dessert if I "need" it. HA!

Lorrie,
The bottle of Propel in my pantry has: 70mg of sodium, 6g or carb, and 25 calories. The main source of carb is sucrose syrup. Don't know if you could use this or mix it with your gatorade to get the proportions you are looking for.

Good luck all!!

>Lorrie,
>The bottle of Propel in my pantry has: 70mg of sodium, 6g or
>carb, and 25 calories. The main source of carb is sucrose
>syrup. Don't know if you could use this or mix it with your
>gatorade to get the proportions you are looking for.

Thanks Iris. I've never tried it - may just have to look into it! Appreciate that tip.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Good morning! I'm starting today as well! DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I'm also starting Cathe's April 06 Rotation....Lower Body Bonanza. My eating has been HORRIBLE for about 4 weeks, and I tend to pack it on in between my belly button and my thighs. This morning was S&H Legs and CoreMax 2.

SO....breakfast was and EAS Advantedge chocolate fudge nutrition shake.

I haven't been to the grocery store in over 10 days!! ACK! lol So that means today I will be winging my meals. BUT....I promise to eat cleanly today. I have a head of cabbage and a spaghettti squash in the fridge, so I will cook one (or BOTH) of those up. I should be able to get to the store tomorrow.

STAY STRONG!

Gayle

Good morning ladies. It is day 1 for me and I'm off to a good start. I had Kashi Go Lean cereal (my favorite cereal) with a half cup of blueberries and a cup of coffee and water. I plan of doing MM today and I'll be back later to let you know how the rest of the day went. Have a great day ladies.

I had strawberry yogurt and sprinkled some Nature's Path Organic pumpkin flax plus granola cereal on it.
I'm not sure that's exactly clean. That was before my workout and now I'm wanting something for after PUB.
Suggestions??
I guess I need to go shopping because everything I look at , I realize really isn't considered clean! ack
050208_10008324294.gif
:eek:

Greetings All! Day one and I'm feelin strong!
Oatmeal and coffee bfast and off to a Butts-n-Guts wo.
Check y'all later!
-emily

Breakfast for me was fruit and a piece of whole wheat toast.
I am going to try my free Itread w/out today so it will be a run. I am also going to do the xflowsion ab w/out. I'll be back later in the day.
This is day 1 for me.
LD

Hi all,

Just read this challenge over at OD and want to give it a shot. Unfortunately I ate breakfast before I read the thread.

Breakfast:
egg whites, tomatoes, swiss on a ww bagel and a cup of tea w/skim milk.

Maybe I should have skipped the bagel?

My w/o: GSL (Standing part only).

Oh well now that I've joined the club, I have no choice but go to cleaner for the next six days :D.

Good morning! It's after 10 and I still haven't had my breakfast:eek: . This is really late for me. I was going to make my 5 grain hot cereal but I don't feel like messing with that now, so I'm going to have a bowl of Uncle Sam cereal with sliced banana, blueberries, and skim milk.

I haven't planned all of my meals for today, but I'm making a large pan of succotash with corn, baby lima beans, red onion, and red bell peppers. I need to go to the grocery store something fierce.

I'm planning a cardio workout for today but not sure which one yet. I did Cardio Coach Vol 3 yesterday so I'll probably do step today.

Today is my first day too. I did good most of the day yesterday but was super nervous from having a job interview today that I didn't eat clean last night. No more excuses now I just have to keep with the seven days and go till next Monday :). Today was low max and maybe lift tonight.

So far

B: Veggie protein
Sn: Apple

Still think this was a great idea!!

Erin :)

I just found your post for the challange today, but had also started my own eat clean challange yesterday, and I did great. So I am in, to help keep me on track!

I did BM2 double upper body and, boy, am I fried!!! I was not expecting it to be that tough! Ouch! This morning breakfast was a banana, oatmeal & egg whites cooked together like a pancake. Yum!

Linda:D

Ok, just found this thread, can I join too?! I already had breakfast, but I can do lunch and dinner today.
I went on a walk this monring, a 3 mile walk. A few of the neighbor girls and I go every morning at 9. It's nice to have others to be accountable to.
Lunch today :
Roasted chicken (leftovers)
salad: lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, and of course, the chicken with a light raspberry vinagrette dressing (Paul Newman)
I knwo that the dressing isn't that clean, but I'm out of vinagar for my dressing, so I have to use something.
Oh, and then I'll have some strawberries.

Dinner:
Pork chops w/ another salad
See above for sald, minus the chicken
Cantaloupe for dessert

snack:
Not sure I'll need one yet, but an apple, with natural peanut butter

Kathy

Doing great ladies!

Day two for me, and I am on point so far. However, I am having a horrible day -- very emotional, lots of personal issues, and my period is about to start. Half of me is so upset that I don't want to eat at all, the other half wants to eat lots of crap to make myself feel better.

BUT, I am going to do good -- I promised myself I would.

I will check in with all the specifics tonight!

CollinsMom: You keep strong! You have come this far, I think the first day is the hardest but you already did one so you can finish off the next six. Treat yourself to something else like a manicure or something that will make you feel good. Sorry to hear about the personal issues that is always a struggle but we are all here for you if you need us !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.