7 Day Eat Clean Challenge!

Clean Eating Challenge--Count Me In!!!

Good morning! Happy Mother’s Day! Count me in for the clean eating challenge. Mom and her husband are visiting me, and we have been doing way too much celebration eating for the past 48 hours. On top of that, I did some hardcore backsliding last week and did not exercise at all. I jumped off the clean eating boat when Mom arrived and plunged into a lake of sensual indulgence. I was already planning to get back on track this morning after our Mother’s Day dinner at Texas Roadhouse last night. I am delighted to see this check-in. I faced the music this morning and stepped on the scale. I gained 10 pounds! Eek! Cathe is waiting for me with Rhythmic Step. I have a serious food hangover, so I am looking forward to a week of super clean eating.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Clean Eating Challenge--Count Me In!!!

Good Morining,
I have been trying to eat clean for months and i always make it 3 days doing very well and then on the 4th day i just give up and indulge in my cravings. I have gained 5 pounds doing this:( I think I only need to make it past the 4 th day and then it would become eaiser hopefullyx(
So count me in this might be just what i need to keep me in line.

Well off to do GS Chest and some cardio. Then I have a breakfast of bulgur with raisins, strawberries, and a scoop of whey, This usually holds me over for awhile.
Heather-i know what you mean about the food hangover, i feel terrible this morining after all the cookies i ate last night;)

>I have been trying to eat clean for months and i always make
>it 3 days doing very well and then on the 4th day i just give
>up and indulge in my cravings. I have gained 5 pounds doing
>this:( I think I only need to make it past the 4 th day and
>then it would become eaiser hopefullyx(
>So count me in this might be just what i need to keep me in
>line.

Michelle - THAT'S ME EXACTLY!!!!! And it starts with something like a handful of cheese-its when I'm packing lunches - then it's all down hill! Ok - a week is so doable right? Like someone said - baby steps.

This morning I had my 2 cups of green tea, Cinch shake with ff soy milk, raspberries and blueberries (half cup total). Off to log that on FitDay. I really need this ladies! Thanks for starting it - and Happy Mothers Day to all the moms!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Isn't it just amazing how looooong it takes to shed 5 or 10 pounds, but how quickly we can pack it back on. My eating hasn't been too good lately. Lots of cakey occassions. I hope these baby steps help me too. I packed my clean breakfast of cereal (OK, semi-clean) and soy milk. Lunch is a PB&J on whole wheat, carrots, tomatos and a fruit salad. We always have pizza with friends on Sunday evening, but I'm hoping to make myself a salad. We will be taking my MIL out for dinner some evening this week as a belated Mother's Day gift, so I already know that will be a cheat meal. I'm leaving for a week in Washington State visiting my sister next Saturday, so my 7 day challenge will only be 5 days. I have no idea what the eating will be like at my sister's. I do know she hates vegetables.:(

Have a nice, easy clean day all.

Yes, thankyou so much, CollinsMom! What a great idea!!

Heather- Nice to see you here. We've never cyber-met, but your posts that I have seen are so inspiring. I'm sure you will get back on track!

Lorrie and Michelle- Yes, about 2 or 3 days of eating well and I usually feel like I deserve a treat. Then, one more, then it snowballs!!

:) My kids are sleeping in...yippee? No Mother's Day excuse this AM. I will start TODAY with herbal tea, oatmeal and fresh strawberries.

I will marinade some chicken breasts for dinner and serve with brown rice and green beans. Lunch? probably plain yogurt with berries smashed and mixed in, and a salad...with avocado. Not sure about snacks.

Probably not perfectly clean, but much better than my typical!!

Good luck to all!!
Edited to
...say Hi to Robin and glad you are joining for the 5 days (I post so slowly I missed you!!)
...Also, I am new to check-ins and pretty new to the whole forum- thing, so if I am messing up....please, someone tell me.

iris123

Howdy! I'm in but tomorrow will be my official start day, however, I will try to make wise food choices today. We're taking my MIL out for dinner tonight to a little French bistro so clean eating will be all but impossible:eek: ;) }( :9 .

I'm making eggs, whole grain toast, and a fresh fruit platter for brunch this morning. I'll probably just snack on cherry tomatoes between brunch and dinner out.

I hope you all have a great day and a very Happy Mother's Day.

Good Morning,

I was pleasantly surprised this morning with breakfast made by my kids. I was trembling last night b/c my DH said he was going to make breakfast with lots of cheese and bacon. I almost vomited just thinking about it. But to my surprise the made my favorite!! Scrambled egg whites w/salsa, oatmeal( a little gooey but good) fruit and my DD's favorite peanut butter toast. What a great way to start the clean eating challenge. I spotted some fresh salmon and tuna steaks in the fridge so it's going to be a good dinner too. Now if I can just get everyone to eat my favorite veggies with me.

Carolyn

Like other people have mentioned, I really hope this challenge helps me get past the hard part of cleaning up my diet. I am a big time emotional eater and need all the help I can get in the food department.

Today I had a sprouted grain english muffin with some natty pb on top. I also had a glass of chocolate soy milk and some yerba matte tea. I am hoping to have a huge salad for both lunch and dinner and snack on some fruit. I will let you guys know how I did for the rest of today tommorow.

Good Luck Everyone:)

Count me in! Did ME this morning then had a protein shake, oatmeal with skim milk and some ground flaxseed..

Good luck everyone!

Deb:)

only about 5 hours in, but so far so good! I can't tell you how many times I've thought about the ice cream in my freezer, and it's not even the afternoon! This morning I had a bowl of Kashi GoLean. After my workout, a veggie burger and lettuce salad. I'm thinking about making a scrambled eggs (1egg/2whites) w/salsa and some whole wheat toast before I go to work. Tonight is salmon and peas...maybe some air-popped popcorn for a snack.

I picked up some fresh strawberries, so I'll try to munch on those when I'm feeling the temptation for "crap".

Good luck everyone!

lisa

Way to go on some great progress already, ladies!!

I went to the store this morning and bought as much good stuff as I could find. I bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and few frozen too but NOTHING canned!

My crew wants to grill out for dinner tonight, so I will have a chicken breast [half] with my yummy salad!

I will post everything -- food, water, exercise -- tonight after it's all said and done!

Happy Mother's day ladies,

I am joining you, however my challenge will start tomorrow as today there are just too many goodies:9 :p :D

I did however workout this morning, MM plus a non-treadmill cardio portion of BBC's.

glad to see everyone is doing so well already!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I'm in too! I have been trying for awhile myself. I do great all day and that at night I give in to my cravings, so thinking the support might be just what I need for motivation :)! Great idea!

Hey, gang!!! I want to join in to get back into my clean eating...but it's going to have to wait until after my In-laws leave. My MIL is a fanatic about trying to make things easier on me while they visit, therefore we've been going out EVERY night since they arrived. They leave on Wednesday, so I'll be back after they leave! That, and I will be able to get back into my normal routine with work as well.

Keep up the good work, everyone!!!

Hi ladies, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. I'll be starting tomorrow. Saturday was my So's birthday plus with Mother's Day today I've eaten a lot of junk. I'm looking forward to getting back on track, I love the idea of the check-in, I need the motivation. Good luck everyone. :)

Day 1: Sunday, May 13

breakfast: bowl of Kashi GoLean, low-fat vanilla yogurt, and fresh fruit [blackberries, strawberries, peaches]

lunch: sandwich on wheat roll with sliced turkey, lettuce, tomato, pepper, and a bit of light mayonaise

dinner: big salad with green leaf lettuce, red onion, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, low fat mozerella cheese, grill chicken, and light honey dijon dressing

workout: 4 mile walk [15 min/mile], Core Max

water: about 50 ounces, not as much as I had hoped

Ok - day 1.

Breakfast, as above.
Lunch: Cinch shake, 1 cup air popped popcorn
Snack: whey protein drink with almonds
Dinner: Family decided to take mommy to Ruby Tuesday where I always opt for salad bar. Spring mix, cherry tomatoes, etamame, peas, croutons (my bad when I'm there) but I brought my own ginger vinigrette dressing. Not bad all in all.

Goal for tomorrow - finish eating by 5:30 p.m. Tonight was 6:30 and that's too late for me. See y'all tomorrow. Good job for all of us!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.