7-Day Eat Clean Challenge, 05-16

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! How is everybody doing????

Today is Day 3 for me. Feeling good, as the bloating is starting to subside! I finished out yesterday strong and clean.

Today started with Cardio Kicks. Today's planned menu:

B: smoothie
S: apple
L: tuna on a wheat wrap
S: strawberries YUM!
D: ????? not sure yet...baseball dictates tonight's meal! LOL

SORRY to be so short....kids have to get on the bus! BBL

Gayle

Wow, is today the 16th already??? Sorry, I'm getting such a late start in the week. I have been trying to keep my eating in check all week. I have slipped a couple of times but am determined to make it work for the rest of this week.

I have to get going, teaching 2nd graders today, it should be fun;)

Eat clean everyone, I'll be back later. There's an early dismissal today so I can get in a good workout as well:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi clean eaters club! Ya' know on these occasional slip-ups, I did notice a few weeks back that Cathe said sometimes she "cheats" as much as once a day - but she knows her own body and its limits. I think that goes along with what we were talking about re: stopping before we engage in mindless eating. Go figure.

Ok - day 4 for me. Yesterday's workouts have me toasted, so I'm going kind of easy today. Did Jari's RTTC and intermediate Katami Bar this morning. If DS decides to snooze this afternoon I may shoot for PS B&B - we'll see. I have blisters from my training walk yesterday - got new shoes and they were clearly not what my feet liked. I've got 3 months to pull all these glitches together before my 60-mile walk.

Breakfast was my usual - raspberries, blackberries, Cinch shake with FF soy milk. BBL to update the day. Hang in there everyone - we're good!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Hey, guys.

Lorrie! I just wanted to say GOOD FOR YOU for the Komen walk. It's such an awesome cause. Just wait till you do it. Wait till you FINISH it! I ran the Disney Marathon (my first ever) in Jan 06 as a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The feeling of accompishing that goal AND raising money for such horrible diseases is LIKE NOTHING ELSE! Enjoy every minute of it!

Gayle

Wow! I am so thankful for this check-in. Thank you everyone for the company.
Last night I was really feeling weak, but the thought of fessin' up this morning kept me from that mindless munching of junk. Instead, I had more pineapple and some of my dinner leftovers. It was more food than I had planned, but I don't feel like I gave up.

I did the LoMax Pre-mix 1-4 this morning.
Breakfast will be oatmeal with some frozen berries. I really need a trip to the grocery, so I'll be back later.

iris123

Good morning everybody!!

Day three for me and I'm going strong. No slip ups yesterday:D . I have cardio on tap for today but I'm not sure if I'm going to do step or a CC on my elliptical. I miss my Coach Sean:+

I don't have my meals planned out for teh day but here's what I've got so far:

B - poached egg, WW 5 seed bread, and fresh berries
S - ? but something easy like my usual LF cheese and grape tomatoes
L - leftover pork and succotash from last night's dinner
D - ?

I'll BBL -- I'm wishing you all a great day, and don't let a little slip up derail you for the rest of the day;)

Day 3 for me and I am doing great. Didn't have time to check in y'day but I did stay clean. I did CF y'day and it kicked my booty!
Today, I am doing PUB and some kind of cardio not sure yet.
Had fruit and coffee for bfast. Probably a salad for lunch. Today is DH's b-day so I'll have a small piece of cake tonight. I am not gonna beat myself up over it since it's a special occasion.
Have a good day all.
LD

Hi everyone! Yesterday's workout was a 30 minute walk with DH and the first 3 segments of low max. Eating is good overall except that peanut brittle is still in our break room at work. :grumbles:

B - 1/2 WW bagel, banana, 1 tbsp npb, 1% latte
S - strawberries w/ yogurt
L - salad with tuna
S - apple and cheese stick
D - leftover chicken and green beans
S - probably a protein shake after my workout

I missed yesterday's check in but did good overall except for a small unbuttered popcorn I ate, not really clean I guess.

I did Drill Max for the first time this morning and I feel so good today. It was awesome.

B: egg whites with mushrooms,onion,peppers and spinach, 1 ezekial bread with flax oil

S: goat yogurt with flax seeds and psyllium

L: black bean wrap

S: pan seared tuna over fennel with little flax oil, strawberries

D: Maybe just flax cereal for dinner tonight...not sure.

Hi again,

I was able to get to the grocery and had some navy bean and salmon chowder and a big salad there for my lunch.

The rest of today's plan:
S fresh strawberries with plain yogurt
D grilled salmon, grilled sweet potato (thanks, Gayle), asparagus, honey rock melon for dessert

Keep it up, ladies!!

iris123

Hello!
Today is day 3 for me, and I'm so glad to have this check-in! Yesterday, I did okay, but after my big salad for dinner, I nibbled on my child's leftover grilled cheese sandwich, and I had a small cup of low-fat ice cream. But I'm still doing much better than I usually do. Today's breakfast was two Kashi waffles and coffee; lunch was tuna with lemon juice, some Romaine lettuce, and one piece of whole wheat bread. I like reading everyone's menus; I get some great meal ideas. I'm about to finish doing Gym Styles Chest and Triceps. I feel great, and I even think my stomach looks a little smaller since starting this challenge!! Thanks!:)

Valerie

Yup, today is day 3 for me as well. I haven't done so bad. But today I haven't eaten very much, mainly because I'm running out of clean food to eat. So, I'm gonig to the grocery store tonight and restocking.
But here's my day so far, warning, not much to eat!

B- skipped, just go tbuisy too buisy
l- strawberries, not kidding, that was it
S- I'm making myself have a salad soon here, just some lettuce, slivered almonds, broccoli and my dressing
D- definately something with chicken as that is what is unthawing. Just not sure what yet. I have some frozen veggies that maybe I'll cook up and some brown rice.
S- apple wedges with natural peanut butter

This morning went on a walk with the girls again. I'm still sore from Monday. So, this afternoon I plan on doing Yoga to try to loosen up a bit. But I have to eat more before I do that or my headache will never go away.
Boy, I'm just not cut out to be anorexic that is for sure! I have a pounding headache, probably due to lack of calories. Not that I was trying to be anorexic, but from the lack of food one might think that I am. YIKES!
Tomarrow will be better. At least I'm not grabbing the corn puffs that I have on top of the fridge, or a packet of fruit snacks...ok, must stop thinking about the food that I DO have in the house! LOL!

Kathy

Hey Everyone.....

I was doing okay but I cheated a little today and yesturday. Someone in my family made homemade guacamole. So I did have a couple of blue corn chips with dip. Not horrible but not exactly clean either. The dip was clean but not the chips. One thing I am proud of myself for is a just had a couple. Lately I have been eating half the bag in one sitting

Today's Food:
Breakfast: Bluberry Smoothie
Snack: Blueberries and Quinoa
Lunch: salad with chickpeas and dressing
Snack: Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Cheat: Chips and dip
Dinner: Tofu Salad

Linda here is my tofu recipe. I take the marinated tofu recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance and mix it with a bunch of veggie to form a salad.

Italian Tofu (this goes good with most veggies)
1 pound of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/2 cup white cooking wine
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of bragg liquid aminos or tamari
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic smashed
a big pinch of basil, marjoram and thyme

Asian Tofu(this is good with baby spinach)
1 pound of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/2 cup mirin
3 tablespoons of tamari
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of Asian chile sauce
1 inch chunk of giner peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, smashed

I usually take a block of tofu and let it drain for a bit. I put all the marinade ingredients in a pan. Once the tofu is drained I chop it into five or six slices and add it to the marinade. I then let it marinade overnight making sure I flip it at least once. Once the tofu is done in the marinade I drain the extra off. You do not have to leave it in the marinade that long but you want to let it in the marinade for at least an hour. I then bake it at 400 for 20 minutes, flip and then bake again for another 10.

Have a fun day everyone:)

Day 4: May 16

breakfast: Kashi GoLean crunch, vanilla yogurt, berries

lunch: big salad with lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, low-fat cheese, ham, and light italian dressing

dinner: grilled chipotle chicken, sweet potato fries

REST DAY for me [first in 10 days!], so no workout!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I caved! :( :( I was so good all day. After breakfast as posted I had:

S: raw almonds and green tea
L: whey protein drink w/ ff soy milk, pomegranite tea (love this!), cinch bar
D: Cinch shake, salad with cucumber and low fat ginger dressing

Then it happened. Neighbor brought over some warm out of the over Toll House ultimate peanut butter cookies - the ones with the ribbon of peanut butter through the cookie dough and the peanut butter chips on top that bake in all gooey. For the kids right? Yah, right! I ate one of these and half of the one DS didn't want. I'm so mad at myself! I just wanted to get through that day 4! :(

Well the good thing is that is was over and done with by 5:30 so hopefully I can still go to bed with some hunger tonight (I love to do this! If I go to bed feeling hungry I'm happy - is that just not too weird?) Thanks for listening.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Lorrie-:eek: Oh, dear...a cookie-neighbor! That's a tough one! Hope your day is easier tomorrow.

Jacque- homemade guacamole sure does make those chips hard to resist! I'd say you did great.

Gayle- I came to post that the baked sweet potato was outstanding! Yummy...I may not even need my fruit dessert. Thanks again.

iris123

Jacque1038 ~ Good job only having a couple of chips. I can eat a half a bag in one sitting too. : )

Hi everyone, I started out good, but had a few slip ups.

B ~ Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk and 1/2 c bluberries.

Then I did PUB and I felt like I was starving so I had...

S ~ Oatmeal with 1/2 c blueberries, wheat germ and flax, and 4 egg whites.

L ~ 1/2 c brown rice with black beans, salsa, chicken and shredded cheese.

I felt full but I didn't feel satisfied so I had 1/2 c Fiber One cereal, that didn't do the trick so I ended up eating an oatmeal cookie too.

S ~ Apple and a cheese stick and 4 pringles (another oops)

D ~ Roast beef sandwich and potato wedges and a No Pudge brownie with cool whip (another slip up).

Don't know why I have days like this. Maybe I'm too strict with my diet? Weighted workouts make me hungrier? Any thoughts?

Anyway tomorrow is another day. Good luck everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.