7-day "Eat Clean" Tuesday, 5/15

L Sass

Cathlete
Morning all. Started the day with KPC and FLuidity Intermediate.

Breakfast was green tea, raspberries, blackberries, and my Cinch shake.

I usually find that if I can eat clean for 4 straight days - that's when I really start to feel and see a difference. The hurdle if course, is always making it through that 4th day. Have a great, clean day!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

RE: 7-day

Lorrie-I agree with the 4 day 'rule'. lol The bloating subsides by then and the clothes start to fit much better. Amazing what clean eating for just a few days can do....so imagine when we get to MORE than 4 days! LOL I'm hoping, that with this mini challenge of 7 day intervals, we AS A GROUP will carry each other into the next stage of 7 days!

Yesterday, for me, was successful. I ended up NOT getting to the store, but I managed to eat clean with what was left in my house. Lunch was a Subway veggie wrap, and dinner was chicken breast on the grill with veggies and a grilled sweet potato.

Here's today's plan for me:

B: smoothie
S: banana
L: leftover grilled chicken breat and veggies
S: Activia yogurt or kashi go lean dry
D: Tilapia and spaghetti squash

YUMMY!

This morning's workout: the rotation called for MIC, which I hadn't done in a while. I subbed Cardio Fusion which I think was an awesome sub for that. BUT....I got to the BM2 power circuits and my chest congestion (leftover from the weekend) would have none of that nonsense. lol So I hopped on the TM for a HILLY 2 mile fast walk with weighted gloves. Needless to say, I was drenched, and I was happy with that!

I've got a spaghetti squash boiling now for snacking the next few days (although it will probably only last me 2 days tops, lol). We have nothing on the schedule tonight, so the kids asked if we could get the Slip n Slide out after school (the temps are to get to mid 80s). Headed to the grocery store this afternoon to stock up on yummy healthy food.

BBL

Gayle

*I think we can, I think we can....whooo, whooo*

My plan today:
B-brown rice cake, sliced boiled eggs, sprinkled with diced red pepper & tomatoes, chives
S-fresh pineapple and strawberries
L-salad with grilled chicken
S-banana
D-garlic shrimp, quinoa with peas, green salad, pear for dessert

Keep chugging along everyone!!:)

Hey, Gayle,
How do you do the grilled sweet potato? Bake first, slice and grill? any seasoning? TIA!

Ouch! Ok, yesterday not only did I go on my 3 mile walk, but then I did Power hour in the afternoon and THEN I went swimming at the gym with the family. Ouch, I hurt.
Ok, today
B: Fruit salad: Cantaloupe, Strawberries and grapes
Lunch: Leftover Porkchop w/salad
Snack: Apple w/peanut butter, natural
Dinner: Chicken w, grilled veggie coucous that I saw Rachel Ray make yesterday.

I may have another snack later on in the evening. We'll see.

Kathy

Morning all,

Last night's dinner was a VERY small portion of ground beef I prepared for today's lunch. 1/2 hr. after that was a protein shake.

Today's w/o: PUB; didn't have time to do the abs or anything else. However, tonight will be Boot Camp }(

Breakfast:

Right after my w/o I had very little lean ground beef with onions & peppers. I was STARVING.
B: a green apple with pb
S: whole tomato
L: ground beef, black beans w/sauteed onions & peppers
S: protein shake
D: ?????? maybe a caesar salad?

Haydee

Hello! I did Kick Max yesterday and OMG -- if Cathe ever decides to do a comedy workout she should call me:eek: ;) :7. Kick boxing clearly is NOT my strong suit, well actually, neither is step ;) , but I swore I would branch out from my elliptical once in awhile, ergo KM. I miss you Coach Sean:+ :* :* :*

Okay, here we go:

B - 5 grain hot cereal with bluberries, bing cherries, walnuts, a few drops of vanilla extract, and a sprinkling of cinnamon
S - slice of LF cheese and grape tomatoes
L - turkey sandwich with lettuce and mustard on one slice of WW 5 seed bread with crudite
S - if needed, will be fruit or veggies
D - the pork roast and succotash I was going to make last night and didn't ETA and salad -- I forgot the salad:eek:

My workout today will be GS BSB

Hi ladies! You all are doing great. :) Last night's workout was S&H Biceps and Triceps and today will be either step or kickboxing. I did good yesterday except someone brought some peanut brittle to work. I had a small piece. It's still there today so I'm trying to ignore it.

Here is the plan for today:

B - 1/2 WW bagel, banana, 1 tbsp nbp, 1% latte
S - strawberries & yogurt
L - chicken/veggie stirfry w/ brown rice
S - apple, cheese stick
D - rotisserie chicken, garlic mashed red potatoes (no butter)

I'm not meeting this challenge at all. I did OK Sunday, then hit the wall and scarfed a whole bunch of graham crackers. Yesterday was good, then whamo, a bowl of Ben&Jerry's appeared in my lap. So far so good today. Breakfast was whole grain oat cereal with a banana and soy milk. Lunch is a natural PB & homemade jelly on whole wheat sammy with carrots and a fresh fruit salad. I forgot to pack a snack, so I hope I can make it till I get home without buying something junky. I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. I found a recipe for a whole wheat spaghetti and broccoli dish that sounded yummy, but I know everyone else will turn up their noses at it. Today's workout will be something cardio/step, but I'm not sure what. Maybe an IMAX. It's been a while since I did one of them.

hello everyone
Didnt get a chance to get here yesterday but i ate very clean if you ignore the diet coke( but you gotta have something)
Here is my meals today
#1-1/3 cup oatmeal with 2/3 cup soymilk, scoop whey powder with strawberries/raisins and 2 pieces canadian bacon
#2-slice bread, 1/2 can tuna, 1 TB no fat mayo and tomato
#3- Wrap,chicken,veggies
#4- Grilled PB&J crepe
#5- Salmon,rice,veggies
#6-Snk can of tuna, Apple

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Hello, All!
I'm so glad someone started this thread and this challenge--it is keeping me accountable for my eating! Today is day 2, and I feel
great already! I didn't get to work out yesterday, though, so in
a little while I plan to do Low Max.
Today's meals:
breakfast--two slices extra fiber whole wheat toast; apple; oatmeal
lunch--low-fat pb with jelly on a piece of wheat bagel bread
dinner--no clue yet!
Have a very clean day!
Valerie
:)

iris123....the sweet potato! I clean it and wrap it in foil. Then just put it on the grill (outdoor) with the lid closed. It's ready in about 35 minutes. No seasoning. Nothing. It's yummy just the way it is. The other way I make it is to slice it, about 1/4 inch thick and sprinkle seasoned salt on it. Then put it on the grill just like that, flip after about 5 minutes.

YUMMY!

Keep up the good work everybody! STAY STRONG!

Gayle

Hi everyone. I did good yesturday for the most part. Today so far...

B ~ Kashi Go Lean Crunch with skim milk and fresh blueberries.

S ~ 1/2 c cottage cheese with 1/2 mashed bananna mixed in and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

L ~ 1/2 c brown rice with black beans, salsa, ff shredded cheddar and chicken mixed all together.

S ~ Will probably be yogurt with granola

D ~ Chicken salad.

For my workout today I went for a 15 mile bike ride, it is a beautiful day, it's 83 right now.

Have a great day everyone.

Today so far:

B: oatmeal with strawberries, protein powder, flaxseed and wheat germ (and a little brown sugar sprinkled on top :D )

S: a piece of coffee cake :eek:

L: PB sandwich (natural PB & low-sugar jam on ww bread) and an apple

S: string cheese and a banana

D: ?????????????? not sure yet.

Workout: Probably Upper body (I'm thinking PUB or MM), maybe some cardio, too - we'll see.

Good Afternoon,
After three days of eating clean my cravings are starting to kick in. For the past three hours my main thought has been chocolate chip pancakes! However I know if I stay strong it will be so worth it!

Today's Food(which does not include chocolate chip pankcakesx( )
Breakfast: Bluberry Protein Shake
Snack:Quinio with blueberries
Lunch: Salad with chickpeas, grapefruit
Snack: Banana Carob Smoothie
Dinner: Tofu Salad

Have a good day everyone

:)

Hi Everyone,

Day three and doing great! Did KM low impact cardio premix, nice for a change. Really looking forward to completeing day four, sounds like thats when you notice the changes!

B- bananna, oatmeal, egg whites
S- tofurky, lf cheese, broccoli
L- salad, lf, cottage cheese, whole grain bread
S- veggies & ?????
D- ff plain yogurt, fresh berries

Jacque1038, what your recipe for tofu salad. Always looking for new vegetarian recipes. Do you use lf tofu or the regular?

Linda

Day 3: Tuesday, May 15

breakfast: dry cereal w/low-fat vanilla yogurt

snack: banana

lunch: sandwich -- tuna salad, lettuce, tomato, red onion on a wheat extra fiber roll

dinner: grilled chicken, wild rice, and green beans

workout: walked 3 miles, then walked from my office to court twice [about 7/10 each trip]

Ok, last minute change to dinner, Taco salad. Homemade though. So, it was lettuce, tomato, little bit of cheese, little bit of ground beef (94% lean) and salsa. Yummers. Oh, I did crumble up one taco shell and put it in there. So, that's not that great. But otherwise today I did really good!
Ok, I might have to get my really sore butt on the bike now. It's so gorgeous outside, I feel the weather calling me...

Kathy

Ugh! What a day! I think I already said my workout was KPC and Fluidity, then a 10-mile walk and PS C,S,T. I'm fried. Gatorade during my walk to help with swelling (I drink way too much water). After my walk I was starving - had a Cinch bar. A bit of almond butter (love that stuff) and a whey protein drink with FF soy milk and almonds. Dinner was very rushed getting the kids to ball practice, so they had hot dogs, mac-n-cheese and fruit - I opted for another Cinch shake. This was a mostly liquid day - and that's not good. I don't like days that are rushed.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

The best laid plans...

B= 1/2 bagel leftover from my son. No time to make my usual oats
L=bbq pork on a white roll, was staring and running behind
d= small cup chick-veg soup and 1/2 roasr beef sandwhich
snack= 2 servings of fat-free yogurt, and later a stress induced snack of tortillias and salsa after a major scene w/ my 7 yr old that dragged into hours of drama!!

Moral of Story: not planning for days when your schedule is full is bad for my diet. also, having kids exposes my weaknesses!!

Oh, and no time for a work-out, but I did play 9 holes of golf w/ a client walking.

Today I am setting my sights back down the middle of the clean eating blvd.

You ladies, Thank You for being here!!!
XOX

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.