6 Monthers - Tuesday, March 24

Runcrazy

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!
I didn't see a thread so I'll get us started.

Today was Disc 11 and Medicine Ball abs. I had a great workout! Felt really strong today! And like always, I did better this second time around! Well got to go get in the shower and get to work! I'll check back later! :D:D:D

Have a great day, be strong, fit and get the job done!

Jo ;):D

Hi Everybody,

I did Step Blast today and abs. I felt really energetic today, too. I was wearing my husband's heartrate monitor to see where I am at while working out, since I don't really have a clue (i don't do well checking it by hand)

I was encouraged to see that for the most part I was in the 85% plus range. What that also means is that I pushed myself too hard doing CC3 last week... So I'm gonna be wearing it next time. I'm hoping to be able to do a CC workout on Thursday and really monitor the heartrate.

I hope you are all doing well. I have to go but will probably check in later.... This forum and the whole website is pretty addictive to me....:rolleyes:

Hi everyone!! I have been MIA with posting but I have been pluggin away with STS
I am starting my second week with Discs 10, 11, and 12. Tonight will be #10 it's funny each week I under estimate myself I look at the weight I am supposed to lift and I am like there is no way...but then I do... I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for...
BBL
Tracy

Good afternoon 6 MONTHERS,

Jo-Thanks for getting us started this morning! I believe this is your last week for MESO 1! A week of "no lifting" is probably sounding pretty nice right now! It's hard to believe that people have already started MESO 3. I love reading their reviews. Sounds pretty tough, but I know it's very doable.

Gayle-Are you still recovering from your weekend at the Beach House. Hope everything is OK! Was hoping to hear about your weekend. Are you enjoying your rest week, or are you climbing the walls to pick up a weight?

Well, I just got out of a 4 hour meeting, and the only snacks they had were donuts, bagels and some creme cheese filled breakfast thingies. Where's the fruit???? One good outcome from the meeting, is that they are considering putting in a workout room in our back storage area. I volunteered to help get it under way :eek::eek::eek:. The other staff members moaned when they heard that. It looks like I need to start crackin some butt around here!!! It's lunchtime now, so I'm going to snarf down my lunch in record time, because I'm hungry.

I did the dreaded IMAX 3 this morning. I seriously considered turning off the alarm and sleeping an extra couple of hours, but the voice in my head started talking again. I knew I wouldn't work out if I waited until after work, so I'm glad I did it!! Tomorrow will be Disc 8 and I'm really excited to try some new tri exercises. I'm pumped that with Cathe's new cardio series, she has the travel workout with the band. I will use this even when I'm not traveling. I really love using the band for everthing~

Julie-How are your arms feeling after doing Disc 7. I thought I would really feel it in the lats with all the pushups, but surprisingly, I feel it a lot more in my bi's. Everytime I bend my arm to take a sip of coffee, my bi's are saying HELLLLOOO... Nothing like a good pump in the bi's to bring a smile to my face :D:D.

Kim-I sure hope you're feeling better today. I'm wondering if all the weather changes is bringing out those nasty germs? It just seems like there's so much going around right now, but it doesn't sound like it's slowing you down much. Are you on your last week, or do you have another week yet?

Cendrine-Is your DH impressed that you can do all those pushups on your toes? Have you challenged him to a pushup competition yet. You know it's the ultimate compliment when they acknowledge defeat without taking you up on the challenge.

Maggie-I'm interested in hearing about the Amy Bento's workout also. Her name has floated around these forums quite a bit, so she must be a tough instructor. I'm looking to add another kickbox tape to my library. That's my only complaint with Cathe, is not enough kickboxing. I'm with you on the spending "diet". My husband works at GM and we are not quite sure what the future holds for his job security. We have slowed down a bit with our traveling, and I am more conscience about my purchases (I'm still having a problem with shoes though :eek::eek:). I feel like I have made so many purchases for my "Cathe Stuff", and am feeling a tad bit guilty. My DH has been very supportive of my love of working out, and if I'm in a grumpy mood, he will gently suggest that I go workout because he knows I will come back in a much better mood.

Belinda-I need to get one of those monitors you use for your workouts. I would love to know exactly how many calories I'm burning with each workout. What a great incentive. I don't always trust what the treadmill is telling me for the amount of calories I've burned. Is yours a heart rate monitor along with a calorie indicator? I haven't checked them out yet, but it's on my list.

Tracy-WTG on the workouts. I'm like you with the workout card. I look at it and say "no way", but it's amazing how much we can acutually lift. It looks like you are at the end of MESO 1 also. Enjoy your rest week. Check back often!!! This is a fun forum, with lots of encouragement
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

I am soooooo long winded today (SORRY!) Gotta go...

Mary

I did legs today just some squats and lunges. I am really trying to boost my reaR view asap.

I definetly feel disc 7 in my biceps, no place else.

Got to run get the kids.

Hi girls,

This morning I did CC V 4! Had an excellent workout!

Mary**LOL! I don’t like doing all those push ups in disc 7 ! They get me good! I thought the second time around was much easier, except those push ups! The TM is always lower than my HR! I have a Sportsline HR from Wal Mart, love it! Mine is heart rate monitor along with a calorie indicator.

July** LOL! You never done your 1RM? Great job! Did the soak in the tub helped? I hope! Great job with your leg workout today! I have no DOMS either!

Centerine** nice job with disc 10 yesterday! My DH buying me Cathe’s cardio series for my b-day! LOL! At least I get what I want, right? WTG doing all your push ups on your toes! I can do only 2, lol! Great job with SB today!

Maggie** great job with your workout yesterday! My DH bought me my HR in Wal Mart last time he was in the states. I love my HR! I also sweat more with STS! Take care of that ankle!

Kim** hope you had fun with your piano lessons! Nice job with disc 11. Hope you are feeling better today.

Tracy** nice job keeping up with your workouts! Have fun with disc 10 tonight!

Jo** Thanks for starting us off today! WTG on getting RS in last night! Oh, yes! There a lot of push ups in disc 7! I do like the dropsets, lol! Great job with your workout this morning!

Good night, everyone! See you in the morning!

Hi ladies--

Oh my stars and garters! Disk 10 was the toughest workout I think I've ever done! I'm glad I didn't have to do that one in public--lots of grunting and grimacing. Can 5% have that much effect? I did 124 of the 143 push ups on my toes (disclaimer--I don't do the "staggered" variation as it places too much stress on my shoulders, I just do straight push ups and my knees are as far down as I go for the stability ball push ups, so anyway....it's not as impressive as it sounds:p:eek::p)

Mary and Jo--I don't have Amy Bento's kickboxing xtreme--I know it's been reviewed on this site by many. I really enjoy "In the Ring", but it is lower impact. I don't think it is as hard as KPC, but the music and choreography are really fun. I have "Rumble", but I haven't done it yet. Her hi/lo is a blast and I don't usually like hi/lo. I love her step workouts (I have Advanced Step Challenge 2 and 3), but there is definitely a learning curve. I think that she is on Netflix now, so you could check her out that way and I think there are clips on her site (NRGfitness or something?).

Mary--I hope your husband is able to keep his job. My husband is in construction here in Oregon (very high unemployment). He works for a really stable company, but with this economy--who knows? We are just trying to be as prepared as possible.

Jo--thanks for the advice about the brace. I won't do cardio again until Thursday and it felt pretty good yesterday, so I may just have to avoid impact for a while.

Kim--sorry you are still feeling sick! If disk 11 is as hard for me as disk 10, I'm in trouble this week.

Cendrine--I love Step Blast--woo hoo!

Tracy--good to see you back! Enjoy disk 10:D. You are really close to that rest week.

Soon2bfit--I really felt disk 7 in my biceps, especially the first time around:eek:!

Belinda--You are in Germany, right? Which would explain why you are going to bed when the rest of us aren't even up;).

Hi everyone else!

Maggie:)

Well did a short 2m run on the tm for my cardio. I was going to do more but mild asthma, a cold and exercise didn't mix well and I started coughing a lot so decided not to be foolish.

Jo How did you like those drop sets at the end of disc 11?? I found those pretty tough! I really like the medicine ball abs.

Cendrine I never use a heartrate monitor, but I would suspect that with cc it's easy to push yourself too much. It'll be interesting to see what happens when you try it.

Tracy Sounds like you're doing great with STS!

Mary That's neat that you might be getting a workout room at work! What are you going to put in it? Did you get things figured out with your workout buddies? I have one more week of after this one yet to go before the recovery week. I'm don't think the cold is weather related, we're in a winter storm this week with major flooding happening in Manitoba/North Dakota so no springtime stuff really happening yet.

Baynergirl Good job with the CC!

Maggie WTG on the pushups!!! I didn't find disc 11 as hard as 10.

Waving to everyone else!!

Kim

Fellow 6-monthers! I so look forward to getting home from work and reading your posts! You are all an inspirational delight! (And, I had a great day!) :p:D:D:D:p

Cendrine, I have a heart rate monitor that I wear from time to time. I usually wear it when I spin as that’s when I tend to overdue. It’s very helpful to give you a better sense of how you feel at different rates and intensities.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Tracy – so nice to see you post! Glad you are still with us and plugging away! You are stronger than you think!:D:D

Mary – I’m with you on snacks and meetings. I always insist on healthy snacks. We have a number of people that are on weight loss programs so it’s good for them to not be tempted. And, whenever it’s my birthday, they get me a bouquet of fruit as they know I won’t eat the sweets! I’m doing Imax 3 tomorrow – it’s my favorite of the three Imax’s and am looking forward to new HIIT with STS Shock Cardio (woohoo!) Yes, last week of Meso 1! Only 2 cardios and Disc 12 to go!:p:D

Julie, hope you have all your energy back! Disc 7 killed me in my chest and biceps…but you just wait for shoulders in Disc 10! :D

Belinda, I think of the CC’s I’ve done so far #4 is my favorite. I’m going to try 7 on Friday however. That will be my final cardio for Meso 1. You must be snoozing away while I type this! ;):p

Maggie, wasn’t that shoulder work on 10 just killer. I still can’t believe how many pushups on the toes you can all do! I must be a total whimp! I keep thinking I want to branch out to Amy for some other cardio, but now that I have the CC’s I probably don’t need it for a while. And I usually find whenever I branch out I come right back to Cathe! :D:D

Kim, I did better with the drop sets on 11 than I did with the shoulder work on 10 (however I did better yesterday with 10 than I did last week). I can usually push myself pretty hard on back work and I am amazed at how much stronger my triceps are since starting this program! I agree with you, 10 was harder than 11 for me! :D;):p

Okay, Biggest Loser is on soon so need to grab a bite to eat. :eek::eek:

Imax 3 in the morning! Have a great day tomorrow and here’s to ENERGY! I am really looking forward to wrapping up Meso 1. :D

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.