6 Monthers Sunday Edition

FourAM

Cathlete
I was up so I thought I would start us off...Does it count that it is 12:38 am.
I do not think I have seen this time since last halloween! I will post tomorrow after Gayle I am sure but this was my only chance to start the thread so I took it.!:p
See ya soon
Rachel

Well, good morning, Rachel. Are you a night owl or the early bird on this today? LOL What were you doing up so late???

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in the group!
Are you doing anything special today?
My best friend (who lives across the street) and I are planning on a homemade (aka MOM-made) dinner for the gang and our parents. I'm in charge of making Chicken Cordon Bleu for everybody. I'm doing the healthy version....taking a chicken breast and butterfly-ing it, stuffing it with a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese, a slice of lean ham and some chopped broccoli (for mine, I'm skipping the ham). Then seasoning it with seasoned salt (mine will have Mrs. Dash salt-free yummy spice) and baking. We're also having baked red potatoes and corn. I picked up a package of frozen edamame, so I'll have that on the side as well. So a HEALTHY, MOM-made dinner for all around.

Today's workout.....DONE! I started W4 of M2 with disc 22 and WOW! 80% of 1RM in here, plus push ups are back for the warm up. 80%.....WOW! This workout was fast, 47 minutes or so, because of the drop sets being only 10 seconds apart.....it works you hard....just you WAIT! Then I did the Extended Gumby Stretch! :D

I ended up cutting the grass yesterday (YUCK). I was planning on doing it today because the forecast had rain for yesterday, but it wasn't raining mid-day and we were home for the day, so I figured I'd get it done so I wouldn't have to do it today. Today, I'll be busy hanging laundry on the washline, gathering all our out-grown clothes for the clothing drive fundraiser tomorrow, and some garden work. We may break our Mother's Day tradition, though, on the garden. My dad usually brings the tiller down and tills it for me so we can plant, and he hasn't had a chance to do that yet. MAYBE today, but I'm not sure. If not, we'll just do the garden this week, which WILL be quieter than last week. I work Monday and Tuesday, taking a sick day Wedneday and a personal day Thursday. Friday is a half day and I don't work, so I will have a short week and a NICE LONG weekend....I'm really looking forward to it.

Sorry to ramble.

Mary, I can't wait to hear how last night went!!!!

Today I am going to relax my eating just a bit for the second half of the day. I'm sticking with my normal clean eats for breakfast (3 egg whites, 1/3C oatmeal with 1 T ground flax) and snack and lunch, then for dinner I'll have that healthy dinner and some dessert, and tonight I'll enjoy a few munchies.

I'm so proud of each and every one of us for making it to our may 9th goal!!!
WE ROCK, don't we?

Next up.....Memorial Day.

I'm going to shower and get the laundry started. I'll BBL to check in on everybody!

Have an AWESOME DAY!!!!

Gayle

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL!!!!

I just got up and am having my coffee and a banana before I go tackle Disc 20 for the 2nd and last time. I'm also planning on squeezing in another CC - I'm thinking 5 and then it should be warm enough for DH and I to go do yard work. But first we'll call our mothers! Also, DH bought a new grill so I think he's fixing us something special today but I don't know what.

Rachel, you are an early/late girl!

Gayle, the Cordon Bleu sounds delicious! Disc 22...I knew I couldn't escape pushups forever! Well it will be interesting to see if I've improved!

Have a wonderful day everyone! :D

Last edited:
Hi and Happy Mother's day to all of you!

Jo, I thought that was super sweet of your stepson to bring that hanging fuchsia and the sooo super yummy sounding cake! and on his bike up the hill! what a sweetheart! Of course it is part of our jobdescription as moms to eat what they bring us, so no guilt there! Isn't it fun though, that you decided it was too sweet after being so clean? I'm amazed at how I am not craving sweet stuff, too!

Gayle the pictures of your communion day look very nice! I like the top you are wearing. Did you find it in your closet or did you go buy a new one? Enjoy your ealthy chicken and the treats, you sure worked for them! I'm glad you get to have an easier week next week. Although I'm sure you'll find a way to fill it.:) Your older son looks like he's almost as tall as you are! How does that feel? I can't remember which of your two boys hurt his foot. Does he have a walking cast? I didn't see it on the picture.

Kim, pizza in the trailer, how fun! And of course that would not have been your idea, but the kids will remember this one for years!

Rachel, I had your Egg Dish Casserole for breakfast today! Yum, we all really enjoyed it. I figured, if I ever give up my protein shake for weekday breakfasts, I might make that casserole ahead of time and have a serving for breakfast every day. I really enjoyed it!

I am just going to work on my workout cards for week 3 then shower and go to church. I'm teaching the toddler's sunday school class today, then home for lunch. In the afternoon we are going to a nearby park. THere is this field of daisies in the back of it that we discovered by accident one day and now we go there every mother's day for some nice pictures with the kids.

Meals:

m1 Rachel's Egg Dish Casserole
m2 blueberries, greek yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 salad, zucchini, chicken, almonds and balsamic vinegar
m4 leftover tarragon chicken with swiss chard
m5 Don't know yet

Oh my goodness guys!
I am definitely an early bird so being up at the witching hour is tough especially when you are working till then. Our friends shower is turning into a big project! The really bad part is that they only have one bathroom so while it is down they have to rely on the kindness of others for showers or a midnight water hose....burrrr! Even if its 90 degrees and humid, at night it can get cold "showering" with your water hose. Not to mention the squatting. It's fine for guys, they can stand, but I feel for my girlfriend. Doesn't it sound like we are so backwoods!:D

Today is my rest day and other than typical exercise there probably won't be much rest but I am enjoying helping them out even if most of the time I am a 'glorified gofor' on this one. I am looking forward to disc 19 1st time and am fearing disc 20...;)

Cendrine I am so glad you liked the egg casserole. I am always nervous about the recipes I like because the DH doesn't eat most of that stuff, I am afraid that I will like it but that noone else will. But that I was pretty confident that it was good enough to give out.
I have not had time to make the sweet potato pudding yet but did get to grill the sweet potatoes. First I simmered them like I said before and then tossed them lightly in some olive oil and grated garlic and a little balsamic vinegar.
Then when they were done I tossed them in some lemon and lime juice that had cinnamon, cumin, chili powder and some chipotle chili powder ( I like them a bit spicy). They were great. If it were not for you I would not have thought about tossing them in the lemon and lime. Thank you!

Gayle Loved the pics of your family on your ds communion day! They look like good boys! I know looks can be deceiving;) It sounds like you have a great dinner planned and now I have to try stuffing my chisken with the laughing cow cheese...Something else that never crossed my mind. It sounds wonderful. Does that go into a 350 oven for how long?

Jo The mental image I got of your stepson with the fuscia and cake on his bicycle was very Norman Rockwellesque. I picture a quaint little town with 2 story early 1900's houses and him riding past on an old bike with a straw hat and knickers on.:D Although I am sure not realistic, it is quite a nice image.:D
I hope you and DH enjoy getting out and doing some yard work today!

Well guys since I am not a mother...I am sending all Mother's Day wishes your way!

Have a great DAY!
Memorial Day here we come!

Rachel

Hey guys. Taking a minute break from the laundry and clothing drive work.

Cendrine-my older son (the tall one) broke his foot. We put the crutches out of site and put his pant leg over his boot for the picture! LOL And yes, he is almost as tall as me....and it's scary. He's only 11 and weighs almost as much as me (I'm working on getting down to HIS weight, lol). As for that top....funny story. It was in my closet and the last time I wore it was Summer of 2007 to a wedding. It was too big yesterday, but it has one of those ties in the back so we pulled it snugly to fit around my mid-section, HOWEVER, it is low-cut as you can see and because it was too big, my bra kept popping out in the very middle. I ended up having to pin it for lunch and my boys were given a code to say to me if they saw Mom's bra showing.....they were to look me in the eye, make THEIR eyes super wide and wink at me. lol That meant, "mom......your bra is showing". lol Older DS.....he couldn't keep a straight face everytime he saw my bra so I knew just by his smile and giggle that it was time to readjust myself! LOL

Sorry to hit and run. I got right to work after my workout and I haven't even showered yet. lol

Gayle

363932903.jpg

HAPPY SUNDAY (MOTHER'S DAY) ALL YOU 6 MONTHERS!!!

I am not very good in my attempt to download pictures, so this is the best I can do. The top picture is Coconut Man that a friend brought dressed in his square dance attire, and the bottom picture is me on the left, Clyde the caller in the center, and my best friend Teri on the right. Keep in mind this picture was taken after 2 full hours of dancing, swinging, docie dowing, and alaman lefts and rights (I think I have the jargon down properly). We had a blast!!! My sister laughed so hard, I think she wet her pants. Even my DH who normally sits these events out, danced the whole time and really had FUN. I was really tempted to eat some of the goodies that were brought, lots of brownies and cake, but I resisted and had my blueberry-Peach Cobbler as a replacement. Thanks again Cendrine!!! It was really good!!! I hope you are all enjoying your day! I am being a LUG and it feels great :eek::eek:. My mom & dad are headed over to my brothers for dinner, and my MIL is going over to SIL's for dinner, so we are just taking the day easy. DH wanted to cook on the grill, but I convinced him to pick up a movie and get some grilled chicken from YA YA's to make it easy for him also. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time, because DS needs the computer to finish a school assignment due tomorrow (always a procrastinator).

ARE WE ALL READY TO TAKE ON OUR MAY 25TH CHALLENGE???? IT'S ONLY 2 WEEKS, WE CAN DO IT!!!!! ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY, AND I'LL HAVE MORE TIME TO CHAT TOMORROW!!!!!

Mary

363932944.jpg

OMG! Mary, THANK YOU for sharing those pics! It sounds like the party was a BLAST BLAST BLAST!!!!! You're gorgeous!!!!! And Clyde is quite dashing too! :) You did awesome, too, with the food choices. We're all learning that these events, special holidays, etc are NOT about the food but the company we're with.....THAT is what counts! WOO HOO!!!!!

I just have one complaint about this losing-weight thing. I have no chest anymore! LOL "The Girls" have disappeared. None of my bras fit, so the last 2 weeks I've been wearing my smaller sports bras. But the last 2 days, those have been riding UP when I raise my hands. lol NOW WHAT? I'm going to have to go back to a training bra soon! :D:):p

OK.....kids are in bed and I'm winding down the day. I got the coolest Mother's Day gift from my younger sis in N Carolina (she sent it back with my parents after they visited her last month). She is a big scrapbooker like me and she made me a really REALLY cool, unusual book. I've seen them made before, but I'm not sure what they're called, but it's a book made out of super thick cardboard and then decorated with paper, embellishments and pictures. It's gorgeous....later this week I'll try taking a picture of it to show you guys.

I'm packing it in for the night. I have Cardio Fusion and core work on tap tomorrow, and with the 'free food' I've had today, that workout may prove interesting at 5am! LOL

G'Night. Happy Mother's Day one last time!

Gayle

Helloooooo Out There!

I was feeling exceptionally strong today so I did Disc 20, Stability Abs and CCV3. It was totally delightful! Then we went out in the yard and spent three hours pulling up all the plants that were ruined/died in our big snow/freeze this year. We lost some trees and some favorite mature plants, my rosemary, rock crest, and heather to name a few. So we were out with the saw, the pruning shears, shovels and picks. So I AM WORKED OUT!

After we came in, I had beans cooking for a couple of hours so when they were finished, DH and I made vegetarian chili. It's not quite ready but if it turns out good, I'll post the recipe.

Rachel, I am a stepmom, never had kids of my own (just dogs!). However I raised my stepson since he was 4 and he has almost no contact with his mom. Enjoy Disc 19 tomorrow! I really liked this one! I hope you enjoyed your rest day today. Is it still hot there? It got up to 65 here today but then it started raining Whah!

Cendrine, I hope you had a good day with the kids! Did you get your pictures? Are you starting Disc 19 tomorrow too? And, I didn't have any more cake! I just can't even bring myself to have any sweets again! Isn't that amazing? But maybe it was the sugar that gave me that extra oomf today with my workout!

Mary, OH MY GOSH! I loved the pictures! As Gayle said, you are GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you had a great time! So fun to see what everyone looks like. I'm so proud of you for making it through the challenge! Sounds like we are all up for another!

Gayle, the book sounds interesting. Good luck with CF tomorrow (I love that workout!)

Well sounds like everyone had very full weekends! Look how far we've come both with our clean eating and our workouts! We are a force!

Here's to us - the 6 Monthers!!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.