6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday March 11

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! Is everybody out there????

I'm getting ready to head out to work, but having my morning snack before heading out the door.

Disc 11, Back & Tris is DONE! LOVE these workouts! Every time I see an increase in my weight on the workout card, I am afraid, but then SURPRISED that I can and DO lift it! :) Always a good thing.

I did oversleep AGAIN today, which meant I had to workout after the kids got on the bus! I NEED TO STOP THIS! However, I WILL eat clean today!

BBL

Gayle

Hi Everyone!

Glad to hear you got up to work out today, even if late, Gayle! I did the same thing yesterday....:)

Today was disk 8 for me. I have never trained doing pullups and chinups before STS. I was only able to do 6 the first time I tried for the whole workout. Today I managed to do 8 chinups twice and then 4 pullups once. Small numbers, but still an improvement for me, so I feel accomplished.

I love working my triceps, so today was extra fun for me!

Everyone have a great day!

Hello Everybody,

Hope your day is going well! I did Disc 5 this morning and I was not disappointed. The dropsets for the kickbacks really got me. My workout card posted a weight that I normally would not attempt, but I did it and was able to complete the whole set. The last 2 were a struggle, but still acceptable in my form, I think, I had my eyes closed and my teeth clenched!! LOL

I am seeing subtle changes in my body. I may even have to buy smaller bras soon, much to my husbands dismay (this is the point I would put in a frown face, but I don't know how to drag the bugger up to this message). I was lifting pretty heavy with Slow & Heavy, Pyramids, and the 4D's prior to starting STS, and like Maggie, I don't typically like the endurance, but it is working for my body, and I'm having a lot of fun too. I have the muscle, just need to get the fat off of it!

Gayle- Your body may be telling you to slow down and take an extra day off - JUST KIDDING, SET THAT ALARM CLOCK, GET OUT OF BED AND GET BUSY!!!!!!!!! (this is where I would insert the smiley face).

Jo - I'm going to attempt the C.C. download tonight. As you can see from the lack of smiley faces, I am computer challenged and may need my son to help me with it. Hopefully it's not to confusing to download. IMAX is scheduled for my cadio workout tomorrow, but after reading bayerngirls updates on her 4 mile runs and 686 calories burned, WOW, I'm going to dust off my running shoes and revisit the treadmill with my Cardio Coach.

Kim - I'm glad that you are feeling better. We have a bad case of the flu going around our office. Of course nobody stays home when they are sick. The 3:45 wake up call will always be available if needed!

Cendrine - Way to go on the Chinups and Pullups. Right now I am using the over-the-door resistance tubing of Cathes. I do feel the work in my back, but I would love to attempt the traditional version. I'm saving my $$ for more equipment.

Well lunch hour is over and it's time to get back to work. Have a great workout!

Mary

Good afternoon ladies!! It sounds like everyone is really doing well!!!! Today I did disc 5 for the second time! Then abs medicine ball and abs stability ball. I am unable to do the ball pikes so I just did the roll ins on the knees. My arms are really starting to get big, especially my tricpes. Overall results are definitely being achieved all over my body. I am so happy to be doing this program and to have everyones support here. I have decided to do legs on Sunday and Tuesday in addition to Friday. However on Sun and Tues I am just doing about 20 minutes or so to try to jump start my lower half. I am going to try to get some photos taken this week so I can have some before and afters for motivation. Who here is doing BFFM?

Hi Everyone!

I feel great today! I did Kick Max this morning (Mary inspired me!) but without the leg weights on those drills! I'm doing Dics 9 tomorrow so I may be wishing I wouldn't have done those leg drills!

Cendrine, do you have a chinup tower? I'm using the Cathe tubing with door attachment like Mary.

Mary, there is a setting to have the emotion faces appear to the right of your text editor so you can insert them in your emails. I only just learned this a couple of weeks ago. I'll find the thread and post it for you. It allows for enhanced editing. (I'm at work so will hunt for it later.)

Kim hope you're feeling okay! And GAYLE, GET OUT OF BED! :D:D

Belinda hope everything is working well for you too!

Soon2bFit - I love the medicine ball abs. In fact I think I love anything with the medicine ball. When Cathe first came out with Boot Camp using the ball I was so thrilled. Anyway, I've done those Med Ball ABS a number of time!

Jo

Mary,
I just went and tested this real quick; here's the instructions:

On the menu bar above, select User CP. Then inside that page under Settings and Options select Edit Option. In that page scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see Miscellaneous Options. Your drop down probably says "Basic Editor" Select Enhanced Interface and then save. You'll suddenly get all kinds of editing options.

Hope that works for you!

Jo

Jo, I use the pull up bar that you can buy for 30.- at Bedbath and beyond, I think target and some other places have it too. It works like a charm for me and my kids use it to play with on the floor when I'm not using it. I bought it with a 20% off coupon... Alltogether a good purchase, I think.

But I am thinking about getting the door bands or whatever they are called from Cathy, somehow I think the pullup bar works more of my biceps than my back and I think the bands would target more of my back. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

Soon2bfit, I have trouble with the medicine ball pikes as well, but I tell myself this is a good thing because it gives me room to grow and challenge myself. They are great but I am far from mastering them with perfect form... Let's keep trying until we get it right...:)

You asked who does BFFM. I do it. I only got started on it about 2 months ago. The book is extremely fascinating to read and I, who never thought I would weigh or journal my food, have very quickly gotten used to it and am doing it for every meal. I didn't really have weight to loose but wanted to imporve my body composition, meaning I wanted to reduce my body fat % some, even though it wasn't bad to begin with. I measured in at about 22% bodyfat and I'm aiming to get down to 18%
I'm zig zagging my meals doing three days of 5 meals with 300 cals each and then one day of 5 meals with 400 cals each. It is working! I will be measring in at the end of the month for a progress report. It's a good program to do and it is not really that hard to do and stick with. Are you thinking of doing it?

Hi everyone!

We are back from my son's B-day weekend in Raleigh...Ahhhhh we had a very hectic but great weekend!! My schedule is a little goofed up. I was supposed to do Disc 7 again last night but I was exhausted on top of all the laundry I had to do... Plus i did not do any cardio except running up to the 3rd floor of my inlaws house. I must have done that like a thousand times...I would just get downstairs and I would realize I forgot something sooo back up I went!! But tonight I am doing Disc 7 and Abs I think weights and plates..
Have a great evening!!
Tracy

I have some pretty excited kids around, school was cancelled today and until the end of the week. :rolleyes:There was a watermain break which flooded the school basement, and got into the heating vents. So no heat or water at the school. No heat is not a good thing when it's in the -30's. Was able to get family to kidsit today and I happen to be off work Thurs/Friday so a little holiday for us all.

Going to do IMAX in awhile after I pick dd up from dance class.

Tracy Glad to see you back safe and sound!

Mary WTG on those kickbacks!!

Cendrine Are you doing the pullups/chinups unassisted or with a chair??

Kim

Hey everybody,

I have smiley faces
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
. THANKS JO!!!!

Have a good evening!!!
icon7.gif

Mary

OK, ladies. I'm heading to bed and just wanted to say

I'm GETTING UP EARLY, 5am, for disc 12, LEGS!!!!! I PROMISE I WILL GET OUT OF BED EARLY!

Gayle

Kim,
my son would be quite excited if he got the week off too! Not that he doesn't like school, but time off is always fun anyway! I hope you get to still have uninterrupted workout time!

I do the chinups and pullups unassisted, that's why I can't do more....:eek:

Yeah Mary! Smiles around!

Welcome back Tracey!

Hello Kim!

Tomorrow is Disc 9 (I know I said that in earlier post) but I'm finding I really want to move on to week 4. So it's Disc 9 tomorrow, cardio coach on Friday, Saturday off and then Disc 10! Yeah!

Jo:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.