6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
"A woman is like a teabag. It's only when she's in hot water that you realize how strong she is."​
Nancy Reagan, former First-Lady of the United States of America
(I love this classy lady.)

OK...Hump Day. Only 2 school lunches left. Today Jacob (older DS) goes for another x-ray and hopefully we can remove this boot and he can return to normal activity.

Workout DONE! iTread 7, 40 minutes, logged over 4 miles. Then SJ&P abs and stretch.

Time to shower. Sorry to scoot, BBL to check in on Jo's late night (to me, anyway) post. lol

Gayle

On those plyo moves (tuck jumps, power scissors, etc).....I STINK at the Air Jacks and Tuck Jumps. Air Jacks...I look like I'm just flailing my arms and legs, and those tuck jumps...well, I JUMP, just not sure about the TUCK part of it.

OH! I forgot who it was, about the nephew? (sorry, short term memory) I'm hoping for a clean bill of health at his 3 month check up.

The viewing and funeral services for our 12 year old boy are tomorrow night and Friday morning. I'm debating on taking the kids out of school Friday (half day) for the funeral. They are going to the viewing with me tomorrow night.

Chrissy, let me take another look at my calendar for next weekend and I'll get back to you about a room. I'm fairly certain I'm driving to Jersey on Saturday afternoon.....I have a 4 mile trail run I'd like to do that morning, and both my boys have games that day. So I think we'll hit the road after all that's done, and may stay till Monday or Tuesday.

Time for the bus, sorry, ladies!

Gayle

good morning everyone!!! getting ready to disc 17 for the second time. I think my legs are looking more toned?

I have so much going on right now between the kids and the divorce and I am also the executor for my mom's estate i am just wiped. I am longing to sleep in a bed..I slept with my DD a few weeks ago for one night and it was heaven sleeping in a bed. I have forgotten how comfortable they are. O yah and trying to find someplace to live.

STBX has told me I am eating too much of a whole special array of food so I have been working on an expense sheet for him how much it costs him to feed me. Sick, I know. But at least now I know that I eat 4 eggs per day which cost 8 cents per egg.

got to fly.

Hi Guys,

I did disk 23 and sweated good! Don't have much time, so here goes:

Rachel, June gloom has hit me here in southern Califorina, it never ceases to amaze me that it gets cold again after May before it gets scorching hot....

I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts....

Mary, I was fully planning on just doing light walks and stretch max segments every day for my rest week which starts next week, but my energy is up some and so I might do some cc to keep the calories burning, as well as stretching. I would have had some pie too, I love Rhubarb! And I agree, we don't want to hurt people's feelings if we don't have to.

Jo, and Gayle, i can't tell you guys how good it feels to hear you are just doing your best with the various crazy jumps Cathe does....:) I stink at the air jacks but like you all said, the cardio is happening even if the form isn't...LOL!

Julie, I tell you, listening to what you have to go through with your stbx just makes me mad and makes me want to come over to your house and give him a piece of my mind. I pray this will be resolved super soon for you!

Chrissy, I hope you had a good meeting, how long is the walk again?

Have a great day!

Happy Wednesday everybody!

I finally woke up with some energy today (YEAH)!!! I should have fit my workout in this morning, but my plan is to finish the next 2 weeks with evening workouts, then I move the workouts to the morning. My friends at the gym have been putting the pressure on me to come back and workout with them in the morning, but I'm finding I do so much better working out alone (a lot less chit chat)~~~

Not much going on with summer plans for me :(:(. With GM going through bankruptcy, and my DH's future with GM a little uncertain, we are cutting back in certain areas, travel being one of them. I will live vicariously through all of you, so I hope you all have lots of fun vacations planned!!! We already have our tickets to Vegas purchased, but that's not until September.

Hey everybody, regarding the wonderful walking path that I like to take Toby for a walk at. My sister had the information about the perv who attacked the women wrong. I called our township and the local police department that handles that area, and there have been no attacks reported. My sister read the location of the attack incorrectly (WHEW!!) I will still be very cautious when walking, but at least I don't have to worry as much about some nut lurking around the corner!!!

Gayle-Good luck at the doctor! I hope the boot gets to come off your DS'S foot. I'm sure he's anxious to get out and run.

Julie-Stop tallying the cost of what you are eating in food, that is just ridiculous!! You need to do everything possible to get this divorce finalized and move on. Sorry to be so blunt, but do you really have to prove anything to him, especially how many $'s worth of food you eat???? On a different note, glad to hear your legs are looking more toned
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Cendrine-I'm glad to hear your energy level is up. I was getting a little worried about how I was feeling so tired lately, but as a few of you mentioned, I do believe it's the double wave loading (it gets me good). I have my chiropractor appt. right after work today, and I think that will really help me with my back workout scheduled for friday. On a vanity note, I do like looking at my back in the mirror and seeing all the definition coming through. The hard work is paying off in really good ways!!

HI Jo, Rachel, Chrissy, Kim and everyone else who checks in today. I will CBL to say HI to everyone! Enjoy the afternoon, I have to get back to work!!!

Mary

Mary, good to hear about the walking path. I agree, too, that my workouts are so much better alone, although sometimes I wish I had a partner who would workout with em....heck...I'd like a PARTNER to begin with! LOL

Jo, SORRY YOU'RE NOT FEELING WELL!!!!! Do you ever get signs that these migraines are coming on? Anyway to avoid them?
I forgot to respond about your question concerning the Workout Manager. You know I use it, and I LOVE it!!! It keeps everything in one location....weigh-ins, goals, measurements, workouts planned and completed. I do wish, however, that there were more specific breakdowns for certain workouts....like ab chapters from the DVDs, or similar, but I know that would be a ton of work for SNM. I'm happy with it just the way it is.

Cendrine, I thought of you as I was paging thru the most recent copy of Clean Eating magazine. There's a recipe in there for meatballs made with canned black beans. YUMMY! I'm going to make them tonight, I believe.

Julie, I'm just so sorry about all the hassle, headache and nonsense you're going thru. I PM'd you a week or so ago, but I'll PUBLICLY say it also, if there is ANYTHING that I can do to help, please let me know. I can give you my home number too, if you'd ever like to just chat and blow off steam.
On another note, what did you ever decide about the Body For Life? I assume you got the book way back when....have you had a chance to look thru it?

I'm headed to get the kids early from school in about 20 minutes. Then it's straight to the Doc, then the farm for my weekly harvest of fresh YUMMY veggies, then an errand or 2 before we head home for dinner and a quiet (but wet and rainy) evening!

Gayle

Gayle,

Yes. Sorry for not acknowledging I received it. I have and I read it cover to cover. I can send it back to you if you pm your address.

Got to run. did disc 17. I actually fell over doing the one leg elevated lunges. LOL

Wow, this is the most I have ever checked in!* Just got back from dr. with DS.* I have to start a diary of his food weighing before and after.* STBX still has not contaced my lawyer with who his lawyer is and has yet to file any of the thingsa the judge wanted.* Court was supposed to be rescheduled to this Friday but now I am not sure because it looks like our judge might be on vaca until July 3rd.* I am really trying to pace myself here.

Jo, I'm sorry you got another migraine! I'm praying for a quick recovery. I think I read on one of the threads on the forum that meso 3 style workouts can sometimes bring on migraines? No idea why or what the reasoning for it is... And yes, I use the workout manager as well. Even hubby uses it! LOL! I love it and just wish it processed information added or deleted a bit faster, but other than that, no complaints.

Mary, I'm so glad that the path is 'safe' for you! And now that you mention it I think, maybe I was feeling so tired because of the double wave load and just didn't put two and two together... Anyway, I will play the cardio plans for next week for recovery by ear. I'm slowly learning that planning needs to be somewhat flexible for me....

Gayle, if that recipe is any good, I'd love for you to share it!

Julie, hugs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.