6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
Wednesday...Hump Day already. I kept thinking yesterday was Monday. Wednesday means we go to the farm for this week's harvest. Younger DS is funny because he likes to go and play with the goats, cows and horses. He literally RIPS the high weeds, root and ALL, right out of the ground and feeds it as-is (dirt and all) to the goats. By the time we leave, the goats follow him every step he takes! LOL

This morning's workout:
Kick Max w/u and 4 punching/kicking combos
Cardio Kicks power drills, cool down and stretch
(I got up a bit later than normal so I didn't have time for abs.)

Gotta go dry my hair, but we have nothing after school other than the farm, so I'm looking forward to a quiet night with the kiddos.

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Everybody!!

Hope the day is starting well for you all!!! I had a great sleep and ready to take on the day. My plan is as soon as I get home from work, I head downstairs to do my workout. Lately, I've been coming home, having dinner then waiting 1-2 hours before working out. I think that may have been part of the problem yesterday! DS has a concert tomorrow night, so I will have to get up early tomorrow and get my workout done before work. I'll be thinking of all you early morning risers as I grumbling about how early it it :p:p:p.

I heard some disturbing news from my sister this weekend. She read in the paper that a women was attacked on the walking path that I walk every week. I guess the women started screaming really loud when the guy attacked her, and he ended up running away and has not been caught. I think I've shared with all of you how much I love this walking path. It's a paved path that was cut through the woods, and it follows the river almost the entire way. I have a tendency on Friday and Saturday to get up early and take Toby (dog) for an early morning walk there. I hate that some nut case is making me feel uncomfortable in a place that I once loved. Now I will feel unsafe walking early in the day, and I'm really mad about that :mad:. DH says Toby should protect me, but Toby is 10 #'s of nothing. If the guy goes for me, I might have to test out some of Cathe's kickbox moves to his groin!!!!

Well it's time for me to start my work day. I'll check back on my lunch hour to say Hi to all of you. Have a good one, and we'll talk soon...

Mary

Hi Everyone! I woke up energized so I decided to tackle Cardio Fusion. Originally I was going to do Imax 3, but decided at the last minute I wanted the variety of CF.

Mary, that is so scary! Even though I live in a safe area, I don't go on our trails alone unless I know it's a more heavy traffic time. Now, when I had my german shepherd, that was a different story! :D He scared everyone! The flat trail is usually fairly used, but my hill trail I don't do without DH or someone. Sometimes, I we don't see anyone on it and it's lined with trees and woods but of course it's also the most beautiful! It sucks that there are so many psychos out there!

Yeah Julie on Disc 17! You're staying with it!

Good morning Gayle and everyone else the follows! It's a great day today! :D

Oh oh oh oh oh....I've got the CARDIO GLOW! :eek: YIPPEE!

Whenever I've done really intense cardio, I have this nice glow to my face! Do you all get that too? Or maybe it's just that my endorphins kicked in and I think I look good! :p

Home from work as dd's school phoned that she was sick.:(:( Poor little thing is sleeping and I'm sitting close by in case she needs anything. Would like to get my workout done but don't want to stop if she wakes up so will do it this evening when DH is home. I have to admit after such a hectic last couple of weeks it's kind of nice to have an excuse just to stay at home.

Boy, with me being home sick Monday and now Wednesday afternoon, I have patients rescheduled during lunch/coffee breaks tomorrow to try and make it up. If dd is sick again tomorrow I'll have to see if my MIL can come over as I have to get into work for a few hours to at least see my real acute patients.

I had a patient bring me a homemade aboriginal drum today as a thank you gift:D:D We may hang it up in the therapy dept at the hospital. A nice change from all the chocolates we get!

Gayle Have fun at the farm! How's the garden coming??

Mary Oh no that's disturbing news! How about carrying a whistle with you?

Hello to everyone that follows! Kim

Hi Guys,

I did disk 23 and a nice stretch. My forearms are feeling it more than anything else... even though my quads were burning on those low plane lunges! I wonder what my heart rate was... I was definitely breathing...

Today I finally have time to go see my chiropractor, I had not had time to go have my tweaked muscle worked on until now, hopefully it will help accelerate the healing. I function ok, I don't like letting something like this slow me down, but it's still something that's there...

Mary, forget the whistle, pack a pepper spray or something! I hate that we have to be limited in our freedom because someone else does not respect our freedom! It sucks and has stopped me from doing many things by myself. There are reasons I might get a dog, a big one, just for things like this. Your Cathe moves are good ammo too! I bet it would surprise whoever thought they had an easy prey!

Gayle, have fun with the veggies. LOL your son feeding the animals! dd fed the animals sand and woodchips last year at the petting zoo....:)

Enjoy the glow, Jo! I'm sure you are not imagining it! WTG!

Here's what I did with the lentil/bean dish:

I got 1lb of dry lentils and .5 lbs of dry kidney beans. If you like you can just get 1.5 lbs of pintos instead (I actually made a huge batch and had 3lbs total.

Then for 1.5 lbs of legumes, I add about 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 cans of tomato sauce and 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, and one chopped onion. You may need to add more water (make sure to soak beans over night). I also added 2 Tbsp ground cumin, 2 Tbsp chili powder, and some curry powder to taste. Cook until liquid is absorbed and beans are desired consistency. I'm very much an improvising cook, so this is just how I did it, not a formal recipe. I serve my dish with greek yoghurt, you can do sour cream if you like.
I hope you enjoy it!
the wet suit, hmmm, not a bad idea.... then I wouldn't have to sunscreen either..... I hate sunscreening! :rolleyes:

Kim, enjoy your down time! Sorry about your daughter though! I hope she feels better after her nap!

I'm not sure if I posted this recipe before, but it's another one that will work with whatever beans you have at hand.

Sorry, there are a lot of recipes here, but I was on a roll....

Italian Navy Bean Soup with Rosemary
A quick,easy and delicious soup for a cold winter day that gets better the second day.

Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium onion, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
5 cloves garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 cups kale, minced
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
2 TBS chopped fresh oregano, or 2 tsp dried
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/3 tsp dried
2 15 oz cans navy beans, drained
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Healthy Sauté onion, carrot, and celery in large soup pot over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add chicken or vegetable broth, kale, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano (if using dried herbs).
Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
Add beans, herbs (if fresh), salt and pepper. Cook for another couple minutes so beans can heat through.
Serves 4
Healthy Cooking Tips:

Cook soup uncovered over low heat so flavor is richer. Covering soup while cooking dilutes the taste.

Zesty Mexican Soup
This spicy vegetable soup is full of flavor, and easy to prepare. Using our Healthy Sauté method of cooking makes this recipe healthier without heated oils or compromising taste. It is a great way to get many vegetables into one meal and will keep for a few days. It actually gets better with time, so feel free to make a big batch to have around. It is a perfect quick meal on a cold day.

Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium onion minced
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 TBS red chili powder
3 cups + 1 TBS chicken, or vegetable broth
1 small to medium green bell pepper diced, 1/4 inch pieces
1 small zucchini diced, 1/4 inch pieces
1 cup finely chopped collard greens
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 15oz can rinsed black beans
1 cup frozen yellow corn
1 4oz can diced green chili
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, and green peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add red chili powder, mix in well and add broth, zucchini, collard greens and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes and add beans, corn, green chili, oregano, and cumin.
Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes longer. (Simmering uncovered enhances the flavor) Add chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper. Serves 6 Serving Suggestions Serve with
Romaine and Avocado Salad
Healthy Cooking Tips:

For the best flavor it's important to chop the collard greens very fine. In doing so, their flavors blend better with the other ingredients and are easier to eat. If they are too big, they may taste too bitter.

Turkey and Vegetable Chili Verde
Kale and turkey make this unique version of chili more flavorful and nutritious. Turkey is lower in fat content than the usual ground beef used in chili and the kale adds a great nutritional boost providing a rich source of vitamin K, A, C, and manganese, just to name a few of the long list of nutrients found in kale. Enjoy!

Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 4oz can diced green chili
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 TBS + 4 cups chicken broth
4 cups finely chopped kale
1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 TBS chopped fresh oregano
3 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop garlic and onion and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
out

Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently. Add garlic and ground turkey with just a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to sauté, breaking up turkey for another 5 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, chili, and broth to turkey mixture and bring to a boil on high heat. Stir in chopped kale, reduce heat to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add beans, simmer for another couple of minutes and add herbs, salt and pepper.
Serves 4

Braised Kidney Beans & Sweet Potato

The combination of spices makes this hearty and nutritious vegetarian meal or side dish unusual and especially good as the weather begins to cool. It is an excellent source of vitamins A and C and molybdenum. It is also very easy to prepare and needs minimal attention while cooking. Enjoy!

Prep and Cook Time: prep time: 20 minutes; cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
1 TBS fresh ginger, chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced thin
1 medium green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch squares
2 cups sweet potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes
2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced medium thick
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 TBS tomato paste
1 TBS + 2 cups vegetable broth
15 oz can kidney beans, drained
salt & black pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop garlic and onions and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium to large soup or braising pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, ginger, carrot, pepper, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add spices and mix thoroughly. Mix tomato paste and broth together and add. Cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Add beans, salt, pepper, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat uncovered, or until vegetables are tender. Serves 4
Healthy Cooking Tips:

Marinated Bean Salad
This is a great dish that you can keep in your refrigerator for 3-4 days and its flavor gets better each day!

Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients:

2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1-inch lengths
1 15 oz can lima beans, drained and rinsed
1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 TBS minced onion
3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
1 large ripe fresh tomato, chopped
2 TBS chopped fresh basil
1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
2-3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Directions:
Mince onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
Fill the bottom of a steamer with 2 inches of water.
While steam is building up in steamer cut green beans.
Steam for 5 minutes. A fork should pierce them easily when they are done.
Drain and rinse canned beans. Let beans sit in colander for another couple of minutes to drain excess water.
Mix all ingredients together. If you have the time, let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. It can keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Keep on hand for a quick meal. Serves 4
Healthy Cooking Tips:

This salad is even better if it has at least a couple hours to marinate. Make sure the beans are well drained or your salad will taste flat and weak. Also, be sure to use fresh herbs for the best flavor.

15 Minute Black Bean Salad
Try this salad recipe that only gets better with time. It is a great one to keep on hand in your refrigerator for a ready-made healthy meal or snack. Beans are a great source of dietary fiber. One serving of this Black Bean Salad provides 33% of your daily value for this important nutrient. Enjoy!

Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:

1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup minced onion
2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
½ cup diced red bell pepper
2 TBS pumpkin seeds coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
salt and black pepper to taste
* optional: dandelion greens

Directions:
Mince garlic and press onions and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
Mix all ingredients together and serve. This salad will keep for a couple of days and gets more flavorful if you let it marinate in the refrigerator for awhile. Serves 4

Mediterranean Pinto Beans
This is great way to enjoy the benefits of pinto beans either as a side dish or a vegetarian protein dish. Like other varieties of beans, pinto beans are an excellent source of dietary fiber, which is important for lowering cholesterol levels and helping to keep blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly. Enjoy!

Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 15 min; 30 min to marinate
Ingredients:

1 large ripe tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed and diced
2 TBS finely minced onion
4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
4 TBS chopped fresh parsley
pinch red chili flakes
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
* optional ½ can rinsed and chopped anchovies

Directions:
Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
Mix together all ingredients except beans in a bowl.
Drain and rinse beans. Drain again and toss with rest of ingredients. Make sure beans are drained of excess water so they don't dilute flavor. Let marinate for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serves 2

Pinto Beans with Collard Greens
Add a flavorful twist to your collard greens by combining them with tomatoes and pinto beans. Using canned beans also makes this recipe quick and easy. One serving provides you with 1740% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin K and 536% DV for vitamin A. Enjoy!

Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1½ lbs collard greens
3 TBS + ½ cup vegetable broth
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
Remove stems from greens, rinse and chop. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Heat 3 TBS vegetable stock in large sauté pan. When the broth begins to steam, add onions, and Healthy Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add 1/2 cup vegetable stock, tomatoes, and pinto beans to the onions and garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Add collard greens and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Serves 4

Oh Kim, I hope DD is okay! An aboriginal drum?!? Wow! That sounds interesting! It'll probably take some time to get all caught up again huh? Take care of yourself so you get completely well! We don't want you worn down and not able to workout! ;)

Cendrine, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! That's all I can say! :eek: I must get busy cooking now! Hope your back is okay! You can't be down either!

Hi everybody. I'm going to ramble, and it includes some personals and I may not get to everybody, so I'm sorry for that ahead of time! :) I am between 'things' and projects and just wanted to pop in, and will type until the kids interrupt (they're shopping for new music for their iPods).

Kim, LOVE the sound of that awesome gift. How original and thoughtful.

Cendrine, I agree with Jo.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I got more fresh spinach from the farm today and want to use it in a soup, and may very well do the Navy Bean Soup. YOU ROCK, girl!

Chrissy, sorry to hear about the funk you've been in. Kick it to the curb and get on the wagon with us. How are you feeling at this time of the day?

OK.....farm was a lot of fun again today. DS (younger one) fed the goats again and we giggled as the cows started to nudge the goats away to get at DS' hand. One of the dogs kept tackling him too, which was so funny to see DS' reaction. Older DS made a new friend with one of the farm cats and he kept following us and jumped in the car with him! lol Fresh veggies today are the same as last week: broccoli, lettuce (a different kind this time), spinach, green onions. Dinner tonight was some of that lettuce and a can of yummy tuna.

Recovery week is going super well. I did KB this morning to help chisel the arms! OH! Speaking of arms...I was lying in bed Sunday night and guess who popped out to say "Hello, Gayle....look at me". It was The Vein! And he was so handsome. He was right there on my shoulder, telling me STS is going the job! :) I would have gotten out of bed to get my camera, but I was afraid I'd scare him and he'd go into hiding again. I hope he comes out to play more often!

(yes, I think I've lost my mind)

The school year is winding down, and that means it's busy. A few last PTA events, and some 'drama' over replacing me and securing a new President. But nothing that I can't (or won't) handle. Friday night is our BIG annual year-end Festival and we're praying the weather cooperates. Keep your fingers crossed.

OK.....kids are ready to 'check out' with their music...again, sorry I didn't hit everybody!

Gayle

ps
REAL QUICK....today's menu:
M1: banana, PB2
M2: 3 hard cooked egg whites, steamed broccoli (yeah, funny combo)
M3: egg white pancakes
M4: yo-cheese with Kashi Go Lean cereal
M5: lettuce greens with can of tuna, EVOO, balsamic vinegar, steamed corn, 1/2 ww pita
M6: BSN lean dessert protein shake

Cendrine-WOW you were a busy little poster weren't you? Thankyou so much for sharing. Glad you had fun in disney. I am very jealous you are so close to Mickey and friends.:p

Gayle-That is a great time on your 5k, congratulations. So much faster than me. How does it feel to be done with Meso 2? I think I might miss meso 2. I love the drop sets because it makes the time go by quicker.
How is your veggie farm? I'm sure you are getting your monies worth.
I know this is late but I am glad you are okay. Our minds can play mean tricks on us, and we imagine the worst. Did you decide if you were doing the avon walk yet.

Julie- I wish you a speedy resolution with your situation. How are your kids doing?
Your herb garden sounds wonderful. Did you decide on the Avon walk yet?

Rachel- I have a black thumb too. My family refuses to give me plants for mothers day or if they do they always make a comment on how fast I can kill this one!!
I know what you mean about being a closet eater. In fact this past week, I have stood many times in front of my cabinets putting food into my mouth and not really satisfying anything.:(

Kim- I know you asked this awhile ago but Carvel is a soft serve icecream place. It is take out. They also sell icecream cakes and flying saucers. Yummy!!

Jo- So are you done with meso 2 yet? I know you were dbling up workouts. I have legs and back left. Next week is my rest week, so I guess I will be doing alot of walking.

How do you guys stay focused on eating healthy all the time? When I binge I set myself back a week and then I am pissed off at myself and the world. And as you noticed I shut everyone out. Any advice!?!?!?

Have a good night everyone. My son has a night game. 7:45 to 9:45- I don't get how they can have young kids play so late. :confused:

chrissy

Hi Gayle-we must have been posting at the same time. Glad the farm thing is going well. Your kids seem to be enjoying it too!!

chrissy

Hello to everyone!
It took me 20 minutes just to go through all the posts since my last one...;)You guys have been chatty!

Today I did Kickmax-the premix with the 10 blasts and 3 kicking and punching combos and the the no equpment abs. I think that is my favorite no equipment needed abs that I have done of Cathes. It just feels like you can really work it! I know what yall are sying about leaving all your energy on the STS days. Some days it takes alot to get me in there and going on cardio days but I am not sure if it is because I want to go at it equally as hard and so I am pushing myself 6 days a week. Tomorrow is Disc 23 and I'm skeered:eek: I had to test my low plane lunges and just testing them the other day (of course it was an IMAX2 day) I could really feel them! So I can not imagine them lumped in with 2 other equally as hard moves!

Gayle-Ex Fiance's ex wife does not sound very friendly. How long has he been deployed? You would think she would want his children to be there when he gets back.
I love the way your whole upper body tones up during one of Cathe's KB sessions. It is a thing of beauty don't you think?:D

Kim-I feel so dumb. I know you are Canadian and I still did not put that together about working on Memorial Day!:eek:
Ordinarily I get up at 4...hence the name. But since we had a long drive and an early meeting I had to get up a bit earlier. When I have been off work for a long time, I still try to get up at around 5 or 5:30 just to stay near that point or else it would take me forever to get back into it. I know that I would not have the time or the energy to come home after work to do it.

Cendrine-I am saving this to my favorites. The sweet potatoe one is really drawing my attention.

Jo- You are too funny. Cardio Glow! They should bottle that. But that would take all the fun out of getting it yourself and then everybody would have it!

Mary-That rally sucks about your walking path. We had a similar thing happen to a woman on our path. I had already stopped using it but if I hadn't DH would have made me stop. It is sad that these things have to be ruined by terrible people!

Chrissy-We have so much in common when it comes to this food issue! Really until I became a 6 monther I did not have anyone to vent to or to keep pushing me to try not to eat poorly. It does not work everyday but it does help alot. I have had days that no matter what I eat I am not satisfied. Until finally at the end of the day I am swollen like a tick:confused: Normally this always corresponds with my time of the month. I have been trying to add alot of healthy fats like avacodo and nuts (which I have to be careful with ie nuts) and this seems to be helping me with the cravings. Also taking the advice of Gayle and Cendrine and having food prepared for the week is helping. I hate to waste so I have realized if there is something prepped for me to eat that I will go for it first. I hope you find something that works for you. I am sure I will be where you are at sometime too but I am trying to keep on top of my food prep esp. since work has picked up and I have alot less time on my hands. You can always rant at me anytime you need too because I promise I know exactly how you feel!

Well guys 4 o clock comes early so I have to go!

Rachel

Hi again everybody!!!

Jo-I have your Cardio Glow going on too!! I was going to do STS disc 20 (legs) tonight, but since I was scheduled for cardio yesterday and quit 15 minutes into the workout, I decided to do cardio tonight and then tomorrow I will get up early to do legs. DS has a concert tomorrow night, and we won't be getting home until after 9:00, so I have to try to squeeze Legs in for the morning workout. I just finished CCV8 on the treadmill, and I know I say this all the time, but that one gets me good!!! I have a sweat ring down to my belly button
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Cendrine-Thank you for posting so many recipes. I am a creature of habit when it comes to cooking, but I am going to step out of my comfort zone and attempt a few of them. I love a cold bean salad, so I will definitely try that one this weekend!! Hopefully you will see some results after your chiropractor visit. I was feeling my back muscles when I was running tonight, and that's not a good thing for me. Thanks for the advise on the pepper spray. I think I saw some at the sporting goods store I shop at, so I will pick some up before my next walk!

Kim-It sounds with all the rescheduling going on for work, you are going to be a very busy girl tomorrow. I hope your DD is feeling better. Did you get your workout in tonight?? Did you try to pound out a little ditty on the new drum???

Gayle-Now what makes you think that precious little vein of yours is a "HE"!! I think with all the hard work you/we are putting into these STS workouts, that the girls rule in the vein department. Tell HER I said HI the next time SHE comes out to play!!! lol!!! Enjoy your fresh veggies!

Chissy-I agree with you on the late night practices. I think with all the activities going on at school, the coaches try to fit practices or games in whatever time frame is available. My DS has marching band practice from 6-9. It's usually past 9:30 by the time he gets home. Do kids really need a 3 hour practice?? I think the level of competition is getting rediculous for a lot of sports at school. Regarding the snacking/binging. I am trying to incorporatate my snacking in, just as I plan for my weekly meals, I will plan for a snack for a particular day or event. That way a binge doesn't sneak up on me. I love to snack, and that desire may never change for me!! But if I say that on Saturday I will allow myself an ice cream cone or piece of chocolate, then it takes away the desire to go into an all out pig fest. I am content knowing that I am allowing myself a small treat with zero guilt attached.

HI Rachel-I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning when I'm dragging myself out of bed at 4:00. I'll try to send you some positive energy to help fuel your morning. I did KickMax this past weekend and loved it. I have been adding ankle weights on for the leg conditioning drills at the end. What an added challenge, and great for the hips!!!

HI Julie-Hope you had a good Day!

OK, it's time for me to get ready for bed. As Rachel said, 4:00 will come very early!!

Mary

Hi again,

well, I'm back from the chiropractor and I am feeling better already! I was lucky, the guy they sent in after the doctor saw me, to do the therapy is a chiropractor student and he knew exactly what to do massage and stretch wise and he also didn't use the timer, like the other guys, so I got a thorough job! Dr wants to see me back Friday, and I'm kind of looking forward to more...:)

Mary, I hope you can get your back taken care of soon. The bean salad is delish, perfect for a summer meal! I add some grilled chicken sometimes. And it's super easy!

Chrissy, I agree with Mary, that planning the snacks works. I used to be a bottomless binger myself. I have not had a bad attack since mid December and got kind of used to it and off guard and got hit hard yesterday..:( But I realized maybe I set myself up for it by not planning enough and trying to be super clean. I liked how my cravings were completely gone when I was completely clean in eating, but I think I missed the signals, when I would have liked to indulge and didn't listen. So I am going to do again what Mary does and plan in the treats and stick with them instead of skip them, unless I really don't want them.
I'm thinking of buying Tom Venuto's new book the body fat solution, he has a lot of tips on how to maintain and all. I just read a preview and it sounded like exactly what I was thinking about. It might give you some good ideas.

Rachel, nice work on the early workouts!

I'm glad you all didn't get overwhelmed by the many recipes. Let me know how you like them as you make them.

Gayle, can you give me that spinach recipe you made that you told me about?

Ok, closing up for the night!

Hi Girls!

I had to work late today! Whah! That’s what happens when we have a short week! No worries though, I plan to leave early Friday! ;)

Gayle, I have vein envy! How can it just poke up when if feels like it? The only pop up I have is where they draw blood and then it disappears when it sees a needle! I agree with Mary, it is a SHE vein! You worked hard for that...give HER (YOU) the credit! :D

Chrissy, yes I finished Meso 2 this past Monday and am enjoying mucho cardio for recovery week! I decided to do all of Meso 3 w/plyo legs this next round and not repeat weeks. That will finish right when we have to go to Ohio for DH family reunions. So I’ll take another recovery week (because I have to!) and then when we return I will do Meso 3 again and do squat/heavy legs. So overall, I will still finish when I had originally planned! It’s Kismit! :p

Rachel, I love that KM premix also! I find I don’t click as well with the kick box workouts as I do everything else so I usually need to make sure my legs “wanna” to it! But I love the leg drills in KM! So I was glowing so much today, people were actually asking me if I changed my hair or something! I would confess to them I have cardio glow…but NO ONE would have a clue what that means! HA! :eek:

Mary, CCV8 is absolutely my FAVORITE! I love love love it! I have it scheduled for Friday (on my spinning bike though of course!). It sounds like it's better you waited to do Legs...especially after CC! They will thank you later! :cool:

Cendrine, I’m so glad that Dr visit helped! I plan to start trying out the new recipes this weekend! I just opened a new 25 lb bag of pintos from….where else?....but Costco! And I have blacks and reds and you name it. I just don’t have lentils! So, I’ll be a clean lean bean machine! (Thanks to you of course!) :p:cool:

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.