6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
UH OH! Ladies, first, I didn't make it back online yesterday, SORRY! :(
Second, I overslept this morning! ACK! :eek: My alarm was set but I woke up at 6:30 and it wasn't going off! I don't even remember hearing it or turning it off, so I'm wondering what happened? My kids even overslept because older DS is usually up at 6am! That means I missed my cardio this morning! Oh, the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p That's my first missed workout in a loooooooong time (all of Meso 2, at least). Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, right? Busy day, as usual, so it's not going to get made up. I'll just onward.

Gotta go dry my hair to get the kids started. Then I have to dump my grass at the dump, then school/work, then cut the grass (YUCK) then a baseball game tonight. OH! ANd in between there we go to the farm for the first time to get our first harvest! I can't WAIT!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone! As I said in last night's post, I'll try and get caught up with everyone later!

I did KPC this morning and am feeling good! Our rain storm finally subsided and it looks like clears skies throught the weekend!

Hope you all have a great day! :p

Thank you Thank you Thank you for all your support. You don't know how much it helps. This morning I did BM2 cardio blast premix and then tacked on the abs. I was really dragging at the end. I think it is because of all the bad food latee last night. But as Gayle says ONWARD!
I have been so busy today. Tomorrow our job is finally starting so after memorial day we will probably be busy busy busy. So I am trying to get a few things done around here. I think I always do this. When I have all the time in the world I these things don't cross my mind and then as soon as work is about to start I think Oh I should clean out my cabinets and rearrange the house because who knows when I will have another chance:D.

Gayle- Oh I absolutley hate when that happens. I always use my cell for and alarm clock and there have been a few times that instead of making the alarm sound (which starts off quiet so it does not wake DH) it will just flash. :mad: I have no idea why but I just feel so flustered on those days. Sometimes I am even jittery. I think it is all the pent up energy I did not get to use!

Cendrine-I am going to stick to my regularly scheduled meals today! I am never any good at limiting myself. That just makes for a bad binge later in the day! But I did try to kill myself with cardio. This will be one of the last times that I will be able to get a long one in since we will go back to work. I will have to shorten them a bit so I can make sure I get in abs.

Jo- YOUR BACK:) I personally have missed your smiling face and upbeat attitude! I am so glad you had a good time. I hope you got an extra day off before you had to go right back to work. Sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation:p You will have to fill us in on how beautiful Oregon is this time of year!

OK ladies, I am going to go make myself busy for a while but wil BBL!

Rachel

Good afternoon ladies!

I did disc 14 for the last time! I love the tri-sets! I love just being able to focus on one tri-set at a time and then get that minute break. The minute break gets me through it.

I started taking glutamine in water right after workout. I will see if that helps the DOMS.

I posted up the cover of Oxygen next to my mirror in my workout space. It helps me stay focused on my goals.

we are telling the kids we are getting divorced this friday. I am dreading it.

got to run

julie

Ladies, I come here with my head hung in shame. :eek: I wanted to share this morning but didn't have time, and I thought about this all during the work day. Then I come here and see everybody ELSE confessing (ok, not EVERYBODY, ;)) and now I feel guilty for not having said something first thing this AM!

I have a confession too, and I'm sorry I didn't say it in my first post this morning when I rushed on and off the PC.

I, too, caved. :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek:
Am I more embarrassed or ashamed? Not sure.
I got into the snacks last night. It started out slowly, thinking I could handle the urge with a small serving, but like we all know, it escalated into much more than that. There's a longer story to it, and when I have more time (tonight after bed for the kids), I'll share it. I'm such an emotional eater (aren't we all) and this food attack was a result of a wave of emotional RELIEF. I'll explain more, I PROMISE!

Kids getting home any second, and this phone keeps on ringing!!!!

Gayle

p.s. 10 lunch days left of school!

Hi Guys,

I did Disk 20 for the second round today. Some days I must have bad posture, because I have my low back acting up again... I'm not sure what I did wrong... It's not so bad, but I was hoping to avoid it.

Eating is going good. But since all are confessing, here goes: I was in charge of snack for my dd class and made a yummy whole wheat and oatmeal cookie with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips in it. Well, I didn't have a cookie, but I sure tasted the crumbs and one chocolate chip that fell off a cookie on the drying rack....:eek: Thanks you all for being so honest, it keeps me honest too!

DH has found out about this new frozen yoghurt place and he wants to go badly. Luckily they have sugar free choices, so I'm going to join them. THat is allowed in our challenge, right?

Jo! You are back! You have been missed, girl! I'm glad you had a great time and you sure hit the ground running too!

Gayle, I can't wait to hear the story to your last night's snack attack. Sorry about the alarm. Maybe you needed the rest....:p

Rachel, I'm glad you are feeling better today and wtg on doing the tough cardio workout today! You Rock!

Julie, I'll be thinking of you as you tell your kids abou the divorce! Nice job on the workout. I love the trisets, too and the rest really does help me as well!

I gotta go now, time for me to take the kids to their kids gym and then off to the pool to practice what they learned in the lessons so they don't forget.
Honey mustard salmon and asparagus for dinner for us tonight! yum!

Hi ladies. OK...let me explain. Bear with me, cause I tend to chatter away!

I donate blood on a regular basis....about every 8 weeks. I've been thinking about donating platelettes (sp?), because I know how important they are to patients like my husband who needed those transfused so often. So I donated last Friday and yesterday I get a letter in the mail from the blood collection company saying that my test for HLA antibodies was POSITIVE. I saw that POSITIVE in bold letters and freaked. Keep in mind I had NO IDEA what these HLA thingies were/are. So I read on and it said that they are present in people with pregnancy, blood transfusions, and/or organ transplants. Well, I'm NONE of those 3 so I panicked even MORE! I thought more about it, and thought, "I know with 100% CERTAINTY that I'm not 2 of those 3 conditions.....what about the 3rd...the pregnant one". lol Now, seriously, I KNOW I'm not pregnant....BF and I broke it off a few weeks ago and 'everything else' stopped even BEFORE that, so I knew...but STILL I wondered! :eek: I called the company to find out what these HLA antibodies are. She explained to me that they are present in people who have, ANYTIME in their LIFETIME, been pregnant, had a transfusion or a transplant. WHEW! Yeah, sigh of relief.

But let me take it a step further. POSITIVE! That word
FREAKED

ME

OUT!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Having lived thru DH's illness, treatment and death, the word POSITIVE is not always positive. To top it all off, when I was on the phone with the company, older DS was watching and listening like a hawk....smart kid doesn't miss a thing, and he too was worried (although he had even LESS of a clue about what). Does all this make sense? So I had to allay MY fears, allay HIS fears, and just realize that it wasn't anything bad.

Does this make sense?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......after all that, I just let my guard down and relaxed but with the food. And too much of it....snack mix that had 3 kinds of nuts and some m&ms, a few cookies that I had baked the kids, and some French Toast stix with syrup later one; and more, but I'll stop right there with the list. I went to bed with a belly ache. After 3 days of not drinking enough water (2 days prior to that I fell short on my water for some reason and knew it), I am bloated today and the scale is UP UP UP! Now, I know it's all a temporary gain/bloat, and I have to just ease past it a few days to get back to normal. But I felt horrible about it.

HOWEVER........I'm recommitted and will concentrate on not letting it get me down. You guys game???

I've been on my game for the entire 8 weeks of Meso 2 and I will NOT let this continue. ONWARD, ladies!

Gayle

Wow, Gayle, you've had quite a rollercoster! Sorry about that scare, that would be enough to get me off guard!

Don't check the scales for a while and just move onward like you said. Things will be just fine.

Thanks for sharing!

Good Evening Ladies!!

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say with all of the confessions being told this week, mine included!!! Let's say we just wipe the slate clean, and finish the rest of this week strong
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
!!!!!!!!

Instead of doing a tailgate at the concert this Friday, our friends have decided we would meet at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and then head over to the concert together. I've only been to this restaurant once, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a lot of healthy food options. WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO????? I really don't want a repeat of last weekend!!!!!!

I did Disc 17 (Legs) for the 2nd time tonight. In the middle of the workout, I pulled a thigh muscle while doing the side angle lunge (YOWEE). I think the weight I was using was a little to heavy for that particular move. I was able to finish the workout, I just worked a little slower than Cathe!! Then I finished up with the Pilate Abs.

Gayle-WOW! That's all I can say about the last 2 days you have had. I'm with you on reconnecting and refocusing. Just remember that WE all have setbacks at times, whether with food, injuries, family situations, or life in general. What makes us special, is that we are all picking ourselves up afterwards, and moving forward quickly, and not falling back into a destructive pattern. Start tomorrow strong and remember we are all in this game with you!!!!

Jo-Welcome back!!!! It sounds like you had a busy, but constructive weekend. Did you go by yourself, or did DH go with you? I'm sure your mom was so happy to see you, and spend some fun time together with her and your friends. I can't wait to hear about your weekend.

Cendrine-Sorry to hear about your lower back acting up. Have you ever been to a chiropractor? The reason I ask, is because for years I have had low back issues, mainly from running and heavy back lifting. I can't tell you how many times my back would go into spasms unexpectantly. Finally I went to see a chiropractor about 4 months ago that several of my co-workers had recommended. After some testing to determine I had no major back issues, all he had to do was some very minor pushes on my lower back while I laid on this table/chair contraption. I have always been a skeptic of chiropractors, but I am amazed at how much better my back feels!! It's something to consider!!!

Julie-There's never a good time to have to tell children bad news. Stay strong for them and yourself, and I will be thinking of you on Friday. I'm also loving the tri-sets, and that 1 minute break is really helping me to stay focused and get ready for the next set.

Rachel-It sounds like your work pace will be picking up soon. Will you be able to continue with the early morning workouts, or will you move them to the evening??? I love getting the extra sleep in the morning, but I would much rather be doing other fun things in the evening instead of doing my workouts. In about 3 weeks I will be starting the early morning routine again, if I can get my lazy butt out of bed!!!!

OK everybody, it's after 10:00 and time for me to close up shop. Have a wonderful evening for those that are checking in tonight!!! I will talk to you soon...

Mary

Girls, girls, girls, girls! :eek:

I need another day to catch up with all of you as it took me all day to catch up at work! Ughh!

Rachel, thank you for missing me! :D I hope you had a GREAT day! I do that too…suddenly think of a million things I need to get done when I could have already done them! I did that as I was walking out the door last Friday! No worries, there’s ALWAYS something that could be done! I love all things BM2! Isn’t that a fun premix? I think scrambled cardio is my favorite.

Julie, aren’t those tri-sets awesome? Which magazine cover did you post up? I get Oxygen too! I want to see which one you like! Glutamine in water? Is that powder? I’ve never heard of doing that. I hope you are doing okay…I’m thinking about you every day and sending you positive energy. I know it’ll be hard talking to the kids, but you’ll also feel better when it’s done and you can all start to move forward.

Gayle…whew! That wore me out reading about your experience! I’ve never heard of those antibodies but it would freak me out too! Are you feeling better now? I swear you are the busiest woman I know! No wonder you overslept!

Cendrine, I am so happy to be back amongst my fitness BFF’s! Gosh, be careful with your back! I will tell you on Disc 24, I modified the deadlifts as I was concerned they were just a tad too heavy and I didn’t think I could do them with good form. I’m very careful with my back! We can’t have anything happen to you!

Kim, hope you had a good weekend at the cottage! Did you drive the new vehicle? How are your workouts coming along?

Mary, I went to Oregon by myself. DH was in Vegas at a conference. He came home today. Buffalo Wild Wings??? That sounds like a finger lickin’ party restaurant with bibs! Yes, one of those “how can I be good” restaurants!

Okay, girls, let’s all pull it together. Take the “eaten” out of ch”eaten” and put it behind you! YOU ALL CAN DO THIS! Come on now! Take control and clean it up! We're all in this together! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.