6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday the 26th

Hey guys!

Are you all ready to kick it back into HIGH GEAR for our next challenge???
First Day of Summer is June 21st, is that right???
Are you ready? Are you GAME?

Here's my plan to break that big chunk of time up....mini goal dates. Here are mine:
  • June 4th, MY last day of work at school
  • June 14th, trip to Cape May, NJ to meet up with Cathe, Jerry, Ellie, Phyllis, Diana, all our kids and maybe a few more Catheites for a lobster lunch.
  • June 21st.....FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

How's that look???

OK....I had an AWESOME workout this morning. I took somebody's suggestion and did LIC with a twist. I did the Cardio Blast Premix, repeated the blast each time, then tacked on the Blast Only Premix....so it looked like this:
Warm Up
Step combo 1, Blast 1, Blast 1
Step combo 2, Blast 2, Blast 2
Step combo 3, Blast 3, Blast 3
Step combo 4, Blast 4, Blast 4
Blasts 1, 2, 3, 4
Cool Down & Stretch

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clocked in at about 65 minutes and over 520 calories and what A FUN TIME it was! I was DRENCHED!

I'm making a huge batch of egg white protein pancakes to have in the freezer for a quick toasting. I'm also making hard boiled eggs. And tonight, I'll grill up a batch of chicken. I'm all set to hit my first goal date!!!

Who's WITH ME???????????????

Gayle

p.s. I hope everybody had a great weekend!

Gayle, I am with you! I couldn't sleep again last night. However I did fall asleep around 5am and slept till 7:45 so at least a few hours.

Your trip to NJ sounds like fun? How do you know Cathe personally? I met her on the 2007 road trip, she is adorable.

I was poking around on the forum last night and came accross a member's photo shoot. OMG! She is smokin hot! I think I print our her pics and hang them next to yours. LOL!!

Got to run.

Julie.....who's pictures did you come across! I love motivation!

And I met Cathe first at the 2005 Road Trip. Then again in 2007. Then I took some trips to her gym to take a class of hers, here and there. Then the RT in 2008. Between that RT and today, I've gone to visit her at the gym, met up with Ellie, Jerry, Phyllis, Dianna, Laura (I think that's everybody) and had lunch with them all. One of my trips/lunches out there, Jai joined us for lunch. This up coming RT, for me, is all about my friends that I've made over the last few years....I won't be asking Cathe for an autograph or getting a pic with her. This trip is ME TIME with my Peeps! :)

Sorry to hear about your sleepless night. KNOCK ON WOOD, I've slept super well for a few weeks now (about 3 weeks).

Gayle

Good Morning Girls!

Back to work today (whah!). :D KPC this morning for me.

Gayle your workout looks awesome and fun! I may have to try that!

Good Morning Julie - yeah, who's pictures did you find?

Well, I'l off to the shower. Hope everyone has a great day!

Gayle, I meant to add...I would love to meet Cathe! Probably not going to happen for me any time soon! :( I have, however, been to Kari Anderson's gym (she has a couple here) and met her and had lunch with her. She is very very nice. And, I also met and dined with Mindy Mylrea. My idols are fitness gurus rather than celebrities! That's a good thing...no that's a GREAT thing! :eek::cool::p

Hi Everybody,

We took our kids to Disneyland and California Adventure yesterday because a friend of ours told us memorial day is totally empty. I wouldn't say it was empty, but the waits were minimal for most rides and the kids had fun! We were on our feet all day, so it was nice to finally get home and relax a bit, although I did do the laundry because I did not want to have to do it today.
I ate clean the whole day!
I think I'm going to sit out the next challenge (or at least mini challenge). I will allow myself a splurge once a week for a couple of weeks just because I feel I want it. But during the week I'm still going clean, no unplanned splurges.

I did C+W cardio premix and abs. I will try the LIC blast thing sometime, it sounds fun and on a high energy day, I think that would totally fit the bill for me!:)

Gayle and Jo, enjoy your recovery week! You guys got me to start thinking that maybe for meso 3 I would do plyo one week and strength the other week. Let me know how it goes!

Julie, let us know what happens in court. Sorry about this tough season you're in!

Rachel, your soup sounds yummy.

How are things with you, Mary?

I'm thinking, because of the vacation we are taking in July, that for Meso 3, I will do the whole thing once with plyo legs. Then we leave on vaction so would take a recovery week. Then come back and do the whole thing again with squat legs thereby not repeating each week twice like we've been doing but repeat Meso 3 twice. Thoughts anyone?

Hello Cendrine! :eek: Glad you had fun at Disneyland! Has your energy levels improved from last week? I had a couple of days feeling low but I don't think I was eating enough.

HI EVERYBODY!!

I'm hanging my head in shame :eek::eek::eek:!!! I thought of all of you often this weekend, but computer time just wasn't in the cards for me. I had a great weekend.!! Starting Friday with dinner out and the concert (Eddie Money), then Saturday my younger sister invited us for dinner. Sunday I was on a cleaning binge, and went through 3 closets (all mine) and ended up with 3 large bags of clothes for the salvation army. Then Monday my oldest sister had us over for dinner. Overall, I was very pleased with my eating. I'm not saying I was perfect in any way, but at each event I had a small treat which satisfied my cravings, so I didn't go full blown out of control. My youngest sister doesn't understand the concept of healthy cooking. Everything she cooks is loaded to the max with calories and fat, so I did bring a few healthy side dishes to supplement some of the dinner. We had 4 days of beautiful weather, and spent a lot of time outside. This will be a short week for me, especially since I had Monday off and Fridays I don't work. I'm not complaining in the least, but some of my work will be coming home with me on Thursday!!

I did Disc 19 for the first time yesterday (chest, tries, & shoulders), and OMG is all I can say!!! I think it was called double wave loading??? Several of the moves start out heavy, then heavier, then heaviest then repeat all over again!! I cannot believe how hard that workout was. Don't get me wrong, I do love that kind of lifting, BUT I was tapped out on every single move, especially the chest flys and the double arm shoulder press. I kept having to reduce my weights with each cycle:(:(! I'm hoping the 2nd week will flow a little easier for me. At least I know what to expect.

OK, I don't even know where to start with personals????

Gayle-You sound like you had a really fun weekend with family and friends. I'm envious that you have good friends that live across the street from you. We live in a rural area, dirt road and all, and what neighbors we do have pretty much keep to themselves. We have a little drive time to get to any of our friends! I missed some of the earlier posts this weekend, so is our next challenge date June 21st??? If so, I'm in!!!!!! With summer here, the weekends will be really hard for me, but if I plan ahead, I know I can make it to our goal date!!!!

Jo-It's sounds like you had an awesome weekend also. You can't beat 4 days of nice weather!!! I really don't have any friends that would share in the healthy cooking experience that you have with your friends. I have a group of friends coming over next Saturday for dinner, then we will head over to the carnival days uptown. One of our local bands is playing in the beer tent, and that is where we will finally end up. I'm already pre-thinking what I will eat and drink for the day. Since we will be eating dinner at our place, I will have more control of what's being served. My friends will bring a dish to pass, and that's what I usually have to look out for. The bottom line, it's all about planning what I will eat and drink. I am in full control of what goes in my mouth, and I need to remember that.

Julie-You may have mentioned this in an earlier post, but how did the divorce discussion go with your kids on Friday? I was thinking of you on Friday, and hoping it went well! Try to catch up on your missed sleep when time allows.

Kim-I'm glad you are feeling better!! Did you get your garden in? My DH had loaned our rotortiller to a friend, so we are running a little behind schedule in prepping the garden. Our goal date to plant has always been the end of May, so we still have a little time. With DH on layoff, he will be in charge of the garden this year. I usually do the planting, but DH is excited about taking over that responsibility. My DS does have marching band practice pretty much all summer for the next school year. Our school's marching band will be in several state wide competitions, so more practice time is required. DS will have practice through June, have July off, then practice all of August, Septemer & October (YIKES).

Rachel-It sounds as though your work shedule has kicked into high gear, with some long work hours coming up. Make sure you get plenty of sleep, and remember to eat dinner when you get home at night, no skipping meals!! I know you were given a lot of suggestions for late night dinner suggestions! I have about 2 more weeks before I switch back over to the early morning workout routine. I need to psyche myself up for the switch. Once I get out of a habit, it's hard for me to start back up.

Cendrine-After all that earlier talk about back issues, mine has started to act up this past week. No spasms yet, but I think it might be time to see the chiropractor for a slight adjustment. Cathe is not easing up on us, so I'll do the next best thing, and see the doctor!! Hope all is going well with you. I think you had mentioned that you were coming into a busy period also. Disneyland sounds like such a fun way to spend a day/weekend. My DS is going to Cedar Point in Ohio this weekend with the band from school. He is really looking forward to it. Cedar Point is the closest thing to Disney Land that we have is our area. It only takes us 4 hours to get there.

Chrissy-Have you put in any miles yet to prepare for the walk-a-thon later this summer? It won't be long before Cathe's road trip is here, and you & Gayle will be prepping for that. You've got a busy summer coming up. I'm not very good with inactivitiy. I love to see my calendar filled with fun stuff. I wish I could have the road trip and the walk-a-thon on my calendar :(:(:(!

OK ladies, I GOTTA GO!!! P.S. I won't allow this long of a lapse to occur again. SHAME ON ME!!! I need your encouragement to get me through this next challenge. Have a great day, and I hope the sun is shining on each and every one of you!!

Mary

jo,

I know! WOW!!! What is weird is that her bf goal is 15%. Mine is currently 15.4 I have had it test several ways, in a tank (the most accurate and with caliphers. I look nothing like she does. So why not I wonder? Any thoughts?

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know I am alive. I have been in a really bad funk the past week. It is not one thing in particular. Just feeling very blah.

I have been keeping up with the exercise plus I have been putting in a lot of miles for the walk. Thursday I went to Jones beach and put in about 7 miles. It seems like a lot but the actual walk is another 19 miles on top of that!! yikes!! My hips were starting to bother me and I had to get home for my kids. My eating however is a completely different story. I am an emotional eater. So I am confessing now. It was very very bad:(. I am back on track today. One day at a time-RIGHT!?!?!

I have to go back and catch up on the last few days. Sorry I haven't been around.

I have to take my son to baseball practice now. Have a good night everyone.
chrissy

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Well my first official day back to work went fairly smooth. I had to get up at
3:30 for workout this morning but it went by in no time. I think it was 43 min. disc 22. But let me tell you it was not an easy 43. First I loaded the bar for bench presses with only 1 lb heavier then my workout card said (for convenience I thought) but that was a mistake. Trust Cathe, she knows what she's doing.:eek::p:eek:!
I was looking over disc 23 and it looks like a goody too. That will be an interesting day at work. Getting up and down all day is going to be fun.
Tomorrow I think will be Kick Max and some abs

I 'm in it for June 21 too so here we go.

Gayle-Cape May sounds wonderful...Hangin with Cathe and all the rest sounds like you will be surrounded by motivation.

Kim-Sorry you were sick. Esp. over the weekend but it sounds like you would have had to work on Memorial Day anyhow? Or am I mixing up days? I hope you get to feeling better.

Cendrine-Soup was delicious...It's official title was Southwestern Chicken and White Bean soup. Of course I had to add more peppers and onions because you can never have enough veges in a soup for me. I will post it this weekend.

Jo-I surrender Chillaxin' to you as it was surrendered to me from my bgf! She is such a hippie;) The food you made this weekend sounds very fun. I think when people are served something different than they would normally have they are more likely to enjoy the meal and not need extra. I am the worst about experimental recipes. My friends and DH are my guinea pigs.

Mary-Wait a second...Did you say you have 3 CLOSETS. After that all I heard was wah wah wah...Like the teacher from Charlie Brown:p. I had three closets but only one of them has anything that interests me in it;) Don't worry too much about getting back on the early morning schedule. If you are anything like me, it will come back to you in no time. I get so much satifaction knowing that when I am done, most people are not even awake yet.:D I promise to come home and eat some sort of dinner everynight:p

Chrissy-I am an emotional eater too. I am also a bored eater, a social eater, and sometimes ( although I try to avoid this) a closet eater:eek:! The last is when I stand at the pantry and just eat out of various bags..although I have not done that in a while, it used to be a pretty popular way for me to deny theat I was eating half a bag of sweet and salty chex mix. So don't beat yourself up because we all have our food demons that like to rear their ugly heads. I hope you can get out of your funk.:)

Julie-I am not very familiar with divorce issues as far as court proceedings go but you sound like you have a real fight on your hands as far as stbx being very responsible or cooperative. I am very proud of you for getting back to your workouts and sticking with them. There is nothing that fights off anxiety for me than my workouts. I am a firm beliver that some days it is all that keeps me out of the nut ward. Thank you KickMax and KPC:p Good luck on Friday!

Well ladies I have to call it a night and wind down for a very early bed time..See you tomorrow!

Rachel

Hey guys! Just about to put the kiddos in bed, but wanted to pop in and say HI!

My menu for the day:
M1: yo-cheese, Kashi Go Lean cereal
M2: egg white pancakes
M3: banana, 1 lite string cheese
M4: salsa chicken wrap, steamed broccoli
M5: tilapia fillet, steamed broccoli, steamed corn on cob, grilled onions
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein shake

(I've decided to add the shake back in at night time, for now anyway. I have 'issues' with snacking at night...a BAD habit that I fell into LONG ago. The shakes really kept me in check since I was DRINKING my last meal and not 'snacking' on it, which would create more of an urge to snack more, leading to a binge. So the shake is back in at NIGHT ONLY!)

Update, real quick, on the ex fiance...remember he's in Baghdad and we've been communicating. He's due home THIS WEEKEND! Of course, there is no definite date set yet, but they are shooting for THIS WEEKEND! I'm PUMPED up! I'm not quite sure what, exactly, these feelings are I'm having, but I LIKE it! LOL. I'm going to try to meet up with him at the armory when they get off the plane. I asked his ex wife if their kids would be available to go, as I know he'd LOVE to see them, but she said 'they're busy and will just have to wait till he gets back to his actual house'. HUGH? whatever, woman! ;) ANYWAY.....there's that update.

Sorry, no personals...time to tuck in 2 handsome gentlemen.

Gayle

Hi again everybody!!

You don't hear from me in 4 days, then you get 2 posts from me in 1 day, go figure :D:D.

Let me tell you the reason I don't like working out at night, because I'M TOO BLASTEDLY TIRED!!!!! Like I told you earlier, disc 19 kicked my butt BIG TIME yesterday, but I had all intentions of doing a 1 hour cardio tonight. Well I didn't get down to my workout room until 8:00 pm, and at that point I thought that maybe I would just do an easier cardio for 48 minutes. Then 15 minutes into the workout I had to stop, and that never, ever happens with me. I can always finish the cardio, maybe not with 100% effort, but I can still finish.:confused::confused::confused::confused:. I hardly even broke a sweat!!!

I know it's good to listen to your body, but darn it, I hate not completing a scheduled workout. I'm going to consider this my rest day, and finish the rest of this week strong. Tomorrow will be disc 20 (legs) and after previewing the workout card and seeing the 1 leg sit n stands (3 x's- Yuck and double Yuck), maybe it's a good thing I'm taking today as my rest day!!

Sometimes I think I give so much on my STS days, that I just don't have what I need to push through the way I like on cardio days. I'm just whining because Mondays are when I do chest, tri's and shoulders, so I'm more tired because of working 3 body parts hard.

Well, I'm going to try to get to bed early so I'm fresh for tomorrow. Have a good evening everybody!!!!

Mary

What a busy thread today! I did start a thread for us this morning but I guess Gayle didn't see it. I have to admit that I have no idea how to cut and paste:eek::eek: so will just leave it. Went out for dinner tonight for DH's 40th birthday and MIL's birthday.

Mary What a busy weekend you had! I did get about half the garden planted on the weekend so hopefully no more snow :(:( It was funny, I was treating an Inuit (Eskimo) person from up north as they fly to our hospital for surgery and he was complaining how hot it was here. It was 17 degrees today:D:D They always tell me it's too hot here. LOL That's great that your DH can do some of the gardening for the summer, how many weeks is he off for?? Definitely no band practices here during the summer, schools are locked up tight. Does your son mind going to band practice during summer holidays?? I can't see my son going for that.

Chrissy Good to see you checkin! Hopefully all that walking will be good for your mood.

Jo. That's great that you had such nice weather on your long weekend! I was thinking of doing a similar thing with MESO 3 as I realized if I did double weeks I won't be finished before we're gone camping for 2 weeks.

Cendrine Disneyland what fun! Are the kids all done with swimming lessons?

Rachael My goodness, working out at 3:30 am! Way to go! Do you have to get up so early every morning that you work??? Yes, I had to work Monday, Memorial Day is an USA holiday and I live in Canada. No holiday here but we had Victoria Day the week before so it all evens out!

Gayle Exciting news for you! We might not see so much of you this weekend;)

Hi Guys,

good to hear from you, Mary, I'm thinking I need to go through my closet soon too. I just did dd closet and she loves it, because all the summer stuff is now in plain view and it's all new stuff from my friend's girls and she feels like a princess playing dress up every day!
I would be so darn tired doing workouts at night, I feel for you. And I agree, too that because I work so hard on STS days I don't seem to have quite as much in me for the cardio days.
I hope you figure out a way to work with your social/eating events coming up. You have been doing an amazing job and are inspiring me to stay in control myself! THanks!

Chrissy, glad to hear from you too! Sorry about feeling blah. I hate that! Good job hopping back on the wagon. I had a terrible eating afternoon today! So I'm hopping back on tomorrow with you. One day at a time.

Kim, it was in the 60s at Disneyland this weekend and I was cold... Your inuit patient would have rolled his eyes....:rolleyes: Are you all better from your bug?
And yes, the kids are done with swimlessons. Now I have to be in the water with them (at least for dd, because she thinks she can swim now, so she just launches out, even though she is not watersafe by a long shot. She knows what to do but she definitely needs lots of practice. The winds have been up here so I don't like getting wet, because then I'm really cold, but I do need to take them to practice regularly so we don't loose what we learned...

Jo, thanks for asking, my energy is better this week. I think I get energy lows due to hormonal changes during the month. I wish I could control that some!
Your plan for meso 3 sounds good to me, I think you will get good results doing it that way, too!

Rachel, I'm glad your work started off well. Your posts crack me up. I can literally see you standing there in the pantry with the check mix in hand (can you see me in the garage by the freezer with frozen yoghurt and a spoon....:eek:

Gayle, I hope for you they do make it in this weekend. It sound like you are really excited and it would be really disappointing for them to be delayed! Updates, please, whenever there are any!

Ok, guys, gotta go!

Kim, I'm sorry. I did not see your thread this AM!!!! Ooops!

Mary, chat away, girl....we've missed you!

Time for bed, sorry! Need to be fresh for tomorrow. I'm thinking kickbox ala Cathe, just can't decide which KB workout. Oh, and abs.

Did I mention my core was sore yesterday and today from Sunday's drop set of push ups. My CORE! lol Not complainin'!

7 school lunches left till Summer Vacation, baby!

Gayle

Oh my GAWD GAYLE!!!! GAYLE! Oh MY! :eek::eek: I’m so excited for you!!!! Yes, updates will be warranted but we understand if you don’t have time for us this weekend! Can't believe the X doesn't want to let you take the kids!

Mary, no need for shame! So glad to have you back though! I have to tell you…I am in such need of cleaning out my closets…I keep looking at them, shake my head and walk away and then I go buy some more stuff to put in them! Sigh…I really have trouble giving clothes up and I really do resurrect things that I haven’t worn in 5 years or more sometimes! So HOW CAN I? I often find something new to go with something old and there you are! :cool:

Julie, I don’t know WHAT we can do to look like that gal! But I sure wish I did! Sigh…I’ll just keep working at it though. One good thing about STS though; even though my changes are small, I have more changes than I’ve ever had. And, I also think it’s the combination of this workout with the extremely clean eating I’ve (we’ve all) been doing. :eek:

Chrissy, glad to hear from you. I think we all have these “funk” times. I know it will pass but glad that it’s not keeping you from your workouts! Just take one day at a time and get back on track with your eating and don’t be too hard on yourself! Hope you have a good week! :D

Rachel, I’m chillaxin! I LOVE that! 3:30!!!??? :p I salute you my friend! You are my hero for getting up that early and making it happen! I would probably lie down on my bench and go back to sleep between those bench presses! ;) You are one committed girl! I loved Disc 23 so hope you do too!

Kim, glad you are feeling better! :D I am thinking for sure I’ll do Meso 3 that way. Now, I’ll have to go back and change the workout manager! I think I will feel better doing it this way and it will be a nice way to end the 6 month cycle. That's funny reading about your patient...we all get adjusted to our weather zones!

Cendrine, I’m with you and Mary about feeling zapped on cardio days. I am truly giving it everything on STS days. And, it’s usually the cardio after chest, triceps and shoulders that I have the biggest energy challenge. So we’re all in agreement there! Glad DS is having fun in the water! You should get a wetsuit…then you’ll stay warm! :D

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.