6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Just in between set of Squat Rack Legs.....too much time in between! ;) Thought I'd start our post for the day. BBL

Gayle

Hey guys
Quick post for me too.

Gayle-You just can't take the down time can you;)

Today was disc 28 chest and back. I really gave it all I had. It is weird but it feels like I could have done more on some of the exercises so I added weight. The weird part to me is last week it felt right on. So is this week just a strong week or was last week a weak week:p.

Oh well we will see next week!

Our job is starting to really move now but yesterday the job superintendent got fired. It seems that all those weeks they kept calling us up there and they never had anything ready for us was a good indication that the job was way behind schedule! So now they have an open date for this hospital in September and they don't even have the front of the building closed in yet or walls built in the MRI areas. So I think the company is going to be backcharged from the hospital and needless to say I guess they are going to recoup some of there money by cutting his job...

OK I have to go but I hope everyone has a good tough workout today!:D

Rachel

Hi, Rachel. Today must be a STRONG day for you, hugh? Great job. So when work starts picking up like this, what kind of hours do you and DH work? Anything regular or just as-needed (meaning all the time, lol)?

I am done with my workout. Squat Rack Legs, and a 20 min HILL iTread workout (I walked the entire thing to stretch out my legs). Shower and my banana with PB2, now it's time to get the kids rolling to Rec.

BBL

Gayle

Jo, I just wanted to see how you did with Disc 40 (or whatever number it is, I can't keep track anymore, lol). LAST Squat Rack Leg workout of this rotation for us, my dear! I rocked it. I have to admit that I ALMOST did a Body For Life LB workout today. lol ALMOST! I considered it last night, as I was setting up my workout area, but then I realized I couldn't bail of you guys! The workout this morning ROCKED! Not sure if it was a mental thing or not, but it was an AWESOME workout. (yes, a bit boring with those long breaks, ;) but awesome none the less). Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Gayle

Hi Guys!

I feel really accomplished because I actually did DM ultra cario blast for the first time ever and then added on pilates abs! I did well on it and am feeling really good!

Gayle, congrats on finishing STS! You did it! What's next for you? After recovery week, that is.

Rachel, my husband works with hospitals as well and getting them to do their end by having things ready can be a headace for him sometimes... Good job on pushing so hard on the disk 28! I did well on it too, in fact I acutally have doms in my back for a change, I hardly ever have them there....;)

I'm trying to stay close to home today, still fun things planned but looking forward to spending it mostly at home. The kids can use the break too, I think!

Have a good one, everyone!

Gayle, Squat Rack Legs was great today! I'm with you, I don't know if it was a mental thing or what, but I really gave it my all and enjoyed every single rep! I stayed very focused on form and went as low as I could for all the exercises! I feel very accomplished!! (Yes, I think it is Disc 40!)

I feel like we're coming to the last day of school! :p What will we do when it's over?

Good Morning Rachel, Cendrine, Chrissy, Kim, Julie, Mary & Tracy (if you're out there) - Maggie too, if you're reading these! And Crystal! Hope I didn't forget anyone! Forgive me if I did!

Off to the shower! BBL - it's going to be a GREAT DAY!

Hi Cendrine, we posted at the same time!

Gayle, I meant to add: we must be in parallel universes today! You talking about thinking of doing BFL LB and I actually was thinking about heavy LB using my squat rack and Bowflex...but changed my mind and decided to stick to the program! Now that's the very FIRST time I've thought about straying from the original plan! ;) I guess that's because we're in this last week!

Two to go: STB and Plyo and we call it a wrap!

Hey Jo. I can't believe we've got only 2 STS workouts left before we're done! UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe it's been over 5 months since we started!!!

Cendrine, here is Bartholomew & The Oobleck on Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Bartholomew-Oobleck-Caldecott-Honor-Classic/dp/0394800753
Scroll down to read what the story is about. I don't own the book, we borrow it from the library, and each time we do, we make the oobleck. It's a cute story with a lesson in there for kids. Here are the directions for oobleck (super simple and fun):
Put 2 Cups cornstarch in a big bowl. Slowly add 1 Cup of water, a little at a time and mix after each addition. It's THICK at first and it won't seem like enough water, but it is (you may need just a TAD extra to get the right consistency). As you add the water, add in a few drops of food coloring (oobleck is green in the story, but it's fun to make different colors too). It's ready when it resists a hard punch or poke, but a finger gently pushing against it will go right in. It's a really cool thing to do! It makes a mess, but since it's just cornstarch and water, it cleans up with a wet rag. We play with it in the bowl, on wax paper, with kitchen utensils, you name it! ENJOY!!!!!

OK....just got done spending an hour in my veggie garden weeding and tilling. What work! LOL Every year I say I'm going to put weed barrier down, but never do, then I complain when I have to turn/weed it! ;) Headed out to pick up the kids.

BBL

Gayle

hello everyone! I have been mia for a bit, although I have been lurking! School is finishing up this week and I have the ussually appoints with my kids. Just came from a meeting for my DS.

I have tons to do today and I am trying to make a break for it with my kids. having to get stuff together and get a plan to leave of where to go etc. i fell like a runaway! actually i gues i will be. LOL!!!

just want to check in I m thinking about all of you just trying to get things figured out.

bbl julie

o b4 i forget rach,

did you want the p90x? if not no biggie, I can put it on ebaby. i could also send it to you to check out before you decide if you want it. if you decided you did not want it you could just send it back. let me know.

julie

Julie, mind if I get nosey for a moment.....by "make a break for it with the kids", what do you mean? You don't mean taking them, not telling STBX or anybody else where you're going, and just disappearing.....are you??? I don't mean that to sound judgemental or mean....I certainly don't know what it feels like to be in your situation, but I'm just making sure that you are thinking thru what you're going to do and that you don't do anything that can get you into legal trouble OR anything that will give STBX any ammo in the divorce/child custody issues. HUGS, girl!

Gayle

Gayle,

Thanks for your concern and for more importantly doing something about it! ( speaking up) No I have checked with my lawyer frist and I am free to take the kids and go live else where. I will tell stbx once we are gone where we are and when he can see the kids. i can not continue to stay here, he keaves me without gas and food it is horrible and the stress is unbelievable. i won't tell him before i go because he is doing everything possible to make me his prisoner. i have given up my career to be a stay at home mom, additionally i suffered a major injury several years ago which impacts my ability to earn a living quite a bit. school is out tomorrow and I am going to stay at a friend's house with kids. i just can not take the stress anymore.

thanks for checking on me I appreciate it.

Gayle, thanks for the oobleck recipe! We'll check out the book from the library and do it sometime this summer! Sounds like so much fun!

Julie, I'm so glad you have a friend you can crash at with your kids for some much deserved retreat and recovery time! My prayers are with you as you figure out how to get by with all the challenges you face financially and all. I'm glad you checked with your lawyer so you are good to leave without any problems biting you in the heel.

I hope this is going to make for a nice summer for you and your kids and hopefully the courts will award you some monetary breaks sooner than later!

Julie, I'm so glad you have the green light from your attorney. My background is in Human Resources, so I have a habit of worrying about documenting everything and double check it ALL before taking a step! Stay strong for those kids and YOU! We're here if you need us!

Jo, how ya feelin'? DOMS are setting in some in the LB. Ought to make for an interesting KB workout tomorrow morning!

Before I forget to mention it again, since it's summer and the only place any of us need to be right now is the kids at Rec by 9am, I'm sleeping till about 6 or 6:15, meaning I start my workouts around 6:30am. So, and you may have already noticed it, I'm later to the boards than my normal 7am time.

Gayle

Gayle, I was going to post and ask you the same thing! I must have really worked my A$$ off today! After sitting through my first couple of meetings my legs are started to talk! I know I'll be walking slow up the stairs tonight!

Julie, I'm so sorry things have gotten to this point with you and that you can't just part amicably. Please be safe and know we're all here for you!

Cendrine, hope you're having a GREAT day in sunny CA! The sun came out today and I'm so happy for sunshine and a tight butt! :cool::eek::p I forgot to tell you the other day that when I asked DH what he wanted for Fathers Day dinner he said he wanted me to make.....drum roll... KALE SOUP! So there you go! One thing I have done a little different for us is add a bit (okay alot!) of cayenne pepper. With that and the leeks it has a nice bite!

Back to work!

Hiya gals

Just another typical day at work for me...Nothing too interesting going on here, even the weather is boring:D. I think for the next 5 days the hi is supposed to be 99 and the low 75 and muggy!

DH is outside giving the dogs a good soak in the waterhose. Although we live right by a creek, when we are outside they want us to wet them down. Other wise though they are down at the creek laying in the deeper pools of water trying to get relief.

Gayle-I hope you are enjoying your summer with the kids so far. Congratulations on almost being done with sts. I can tell you are itching to be done now. What are you going to do when you are done?
When work picks up like this we are working alot. I think we will be working some Saturdays too. That puts a kink in my food prepping but I will try to find some things that I can fix and forget and then freeze. That way my one day off can dsort of be a dday off...If you know what I mean.

Cendrine-I feel you dh's pain! Hospitals are such a pain. There are so many ruls and health codes and if one person (architect and designers mostly) is not watching there p' s and q's then they can easily miss things that by law have to be done a certain way.
I am already feeling disc 28. I am glad we are on the same week. It is good to have someone doing almost the same rotation. I am striving for DM tomorrow.

Julie-I tried to send you a pm but I am not sure if I did it right. Just let me know what you want for p90 and where to send it. I know youa re busy with everything so just do it when you can.
But please keep checking in as much as you can because I will be worried about you if you don't. Your DH does not sound like tthe type that is going to be happy that you are moving out.:confused:

Jo-What a great present from sts on the last week. DOMS! I am really pushing this last meso. I do not know if it because I know it is the end or because I really did gain more strength. But I feel more than 5% stronger already. At least according to my workout card.

Oh yeah I wanted to ask ...what I think is a stupi question but did yall all order sts cardio and if so is that when you are doing another round of sts and if so...Should we all go again?:eek:

OK I will see you guys tomorrow!

Rachel

Hi Again,

Gayle, I did that spinach, paprika stew that you posted a while back. I added some curry and we gobbled it up including the kids. No leftovers! Yum!

Jo, the recipe posting is so fun, especially when it becomes a family favorite like at your house! I love how everyone plays with it and adds stuff! We are a creative bunch in the kitchen!

Rachel, I can't believe how hot it is your way! You mostly work inside, I hope!
I agree, it's fun to have someone on the same exact rotation! I'm doing plyo tomorrow!
To answer your question, I think almost all of us here on this thread have ordered sts cardio, I know I have!!!!LOL! It sure would be fun to all of us do the same thing again when sts cardio comes out! I was kind of thinking of doing a 3 month rotation next round. what do all of you plan on doing?

I think almost all of us here on this thread have ordered sts cardio, I know I have!!!!LOL! It sure would be fun to all of us do the same thing again when sts cardio comes out! I was kind of thinking of doing a 3 month rotation next round. what do all of you plan on doing?

Cendrine, what a GREAT IDEA!!!!! I LOVE it! My plan, after this week. I'll begin to officially train for my Half Marathon in September....I don't usually OFFICIALLY train for a half, but this time I'd like to do well and be confident going into it, so starting this Sunday, I will be doing training runs, mostly, for my cardio. Then when the half is over, and I'm HOPING that STS Cardio will be out by then, then I'll do another STS rotation with the Cardio too.

OH! And I love the name STS Alumni for our check in, once we ALL finish this rotation.

Somebody the other day asked about my signature line "Keep on Truckin', Mama"! My English teacher in High School used to say that ALL.THE.TIME!!! It kind of stuck with me, and when times get tough I'd always think KEEP ON TRUCKIN', MAMA!!!! You know, like "this, too, shall pass".

so

KEEP ON TRUCKIN', MAMA!

G'Night!

Gayle

I'M UP FOR IT - GREAT IDEA CENDRINE! (Yes Rachel, I ordered STS Cardio.) I'm all for us all doing the 3-month together when Cardio comes out! (I ordered the Power Tower too though I probably don't need it - it would save those trips up an down the stairs)!

Rachel - stay cool this week! We're taking our entire office to a Mariner game on Thursday so hopefully it will warm up and the sun will be shining! (Of course we have the retractable roof!) We leave on vacation next Wednesday, so after this week, I'll take a recovery week. Then I'll either do Meso 3 again or the June rotation. I have a couple of other trips planned to Oregon and two to MT before the summer is over so it will be hard for me to follow something solid until September.

Cendrine, how's your eating going this week? You doing okay? I know I love the recipe sharing! Who'd of thought Kale would be such a big HIT in my house! Go figure!

Gayle, you'll do great doing a half marathon! I trained for one years ago and I think it really made a difference, just like us following this STS Rotation!

I got home really late so need to go get something to eat! Cardio Coach for me tomorrow!

Night Y'all! (I thought I'd try that Rachel!) I love picking up words from you! Oh and Rachel, I am definitely STRONGER! Love that 5%! DOMS BABY!

Last edited:
Gayle, I have DOMS really bad on the outside of my glutes (it hurts everywhere) BUT my BUTT is really tight on the outside. Do you think that means the cellulite is melting away??? :eek: I SAY YES!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.