6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Sorry, hit and run post. Last day of school and DS's 5th Grade class has their 'graduation' this AM. So I'm driving to school with the kids.

Squat Rack Legs DONE!.....forget the disc number, but it's the M3W2 disc. GREAT workout and I felt the increase in weight, that's for sure.

BBL, after the early dismissal, to chat!!!

Gayle

Are the boys super excited Gayle!??? We still have 3 more weeks of school to go! DS is doing well, he manage two hockey games, swimming lessons and a game of tennis this weekend. He still needs to wear the ankle brace or his ankle swells and gets painful. How is your son's foot?

Mary I had a hard time getting back into the Monday morning groove yesterday as well, this morning is better, I was up early as a owl was hooting!

Jo Glad to see you back! We have frost a couple nights lately! It's still quite cool here, today is a high of 14! Very frustrating. I did wear shorts to run on Sunday, the first time this year.

Julie What a story! Good idea to check with your doctor about the cardio.

Cendrien Teaching the recorder should be fun! THe kids take recorder here grades 3, 4,5 and then switch to full band in Grade 6. DS plays trumpet. That is all through the school system. DD's piano lessons are extracurricular. SHe prefers to practice the recorder than the piano, the squeal of the recorder can drive me nuts sometimes! WTG, on the results you're seeing!

Rachael How did all your cooking turn out??

No workout for me yesterday, I love the mental benefits of recovery week where I don't feel pressured into trying to fit a workout into a busy work, school, homework busy day :D I think it's a better mental recovery week than a physical

Have a great day everyone! Kim

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just finished CCV 5 (treadmill says I burned 700 cals....) I can always hope, right? LOL!

I got the job of last minute coming up with a snack for the after play snack time for ds goldilocks and the three bears play tomorrow, so I'm off grocery shopping. I found the cutest beach bear cupcakes I thought would be perfect to make for this occassion since it's a bear play and we are almost out for summer. If I can figure out how to post, I'll post a picture of the cupcakes...

BBL

Hello Girls!

I did Disc 37 Squat Legs and Abs Circuit Weights & Plates. Loved it!

Gayle, enjoy those 5th graders!

Kim, glad you are enjoying your rest week!

Cendrine, I'd go with the 700 calories! Beach bear cupcakes sound fun!

I'm still trying to catch up from missing work last week so must get going! Talk to everyone later!

I have a nasty head cold, so I am taking a rest day. I didn't have an STS workout scheduled so I am okay with the rest day. I am sitting in front of the TV and the computer and plan on staying here until the kids get home. I am watching Dominion: Exorcist. It is a prequel to the exorcist. I am only 10 minutes in.

My older son's first playoff game was last night. They won. My son hit the ball twice last night. I was very excited for him. This is his first year playing and in the beginning he wouldn't swing at the ball.

Oh I have to go bbl
chrissy

OH MAN! I just spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME on the OD reading the "to all the vegans" thread and now I don't have time to chat!

5th grade "Graduation" was great. DS received the Presidential Award for Academic Excellence, plus a few other "smaller" awards. Good student!

Sorry, gotta scoot!

Gayle

Hey Hey Hey!!!:D

No that was not quoting Fat Albert because I have been bad...:p. On the contrary I have been pretty darn good! We have been so dang busy and now I think we have caught up with everyone on the job so Now I won't have work to distract me from food;). Now the true test starts.

I hate missing so many days on here. I had to go back and read from Sunday on just to get caught back up and then when I see something I want to comment on I feel like it is old news to yall:D. But I am going to anyway:p

Well it is my recovery week also, I think along with Cendrine and Kim. Yesterday I did the drill max lower body premix with no weight. I had never done that premix before:eek: It was a toughy even with no weight! Today I did an inhale yoga ( I am not a big fan of the instructor but the yoga is invigorating). I normally don't get into yoga because I am not flexible at all but today I just closed my eyes and ignored the fact that my leg instead of being up in the air like theirs, it was kind of poking out behind me like some odd appendage. I am sure it was real attractive....but I didn't care because my eyes were closed:p

Cendrine-Your so lucky to have the ability to be able to homeschool your son. I know there are lots of people who try but can not do it properly or who would love to do it because their school might not be desirable but they do not have the time. It is a luxury that I can tell you do not take for granted! It is grat also that your son would rather have you teach him , also a luxury;)
I never thought about the combo of ricotta and walnuts...That would mmake a great stuffing for grilled chicken. This weekend, I stuffed some chicken breast with homemade guacamole and laughing cow cheese...delightful!

Jo-I am so glad you are back in commision. How do you deal with your work when you have a migraine for five days? It sounds so debilitating that you are not able to eat so I am sure you are not able to work.
I am still not sure what I am going to do as far as gym styles go. I have not really had time to go through and look at all her weight dvd selection to really make a good choice. Gym style just sounded like something that I would like.

Gayle-Pumpkin spice bread sounds right up my alley. Was it a dessert bread or kind of along with the meal? I have a hard time with trail mix mix myself. I really just can not have it in the house anymore because sometimes I start eating it and before I know I have eaten way too much. The other day I was at Sam's and they had something new called Grail Mix. It was a granola trail mix. I had to run screaming from it before I had the oversized bag in my cart and half the bag eaten before the nights end. They are trying to kill me by combining my favorite things...Granola and trail mix!
I can tell you are bursting with pride because of you ds and all his accolades! He sounds like a real smart little guy! And the wter balloons sound FUN!

Julie-You have such a complicated life. I feel guilty anytime I am going to complain about something mundane now esp. when I think about you.
My dad had a quarter size hole in his heart that they discovered when he was eighteen when he was being examined before going in the military for vietnam. Needless to say he did not have to go and now he has a zipper scar from one side of his body all the way to other from the surgery they did. I guess surgery was alot more invasive then than now! I do not know much about it but now you have made me very curious.

Kim-If I remember correctly, is it your kids that have to make up days for snow? If so that is alot of extra snow days! Did that make it hard to schedule anything for this summer or do you know just to be flexible? I feel the ame way about recovery week. Although I continue with the sam cardio days, my scheduled weight days are alot more relaxed!

Chrissy-I am so sorry you are sick. But I am glad you are able to relax, if you can consider it relaxing when you are sick. I am trying to send you healing vibes and hope you are getting better.

OK guys I think I have gone on enough and I will try not to miss so may days so I don't have to ramble so much!

Rachel

Rachael, we don't have snow days here. We have 6 feet of snow on the ground from October to April. We can have -30 for weeks on end. I've never known a school to close for weather around here. It can be -50 and snowing, everything is open. If we closed for snow the kids would never go to school. Life goes on but we have the equipment to deal with it.Warmer climates don't have a snowplowers, sanders, etc just ready to go.

I think Canada has a longer school year than the USA?? We always go to the end of June and start after Labour Day weekend. The kids get 8 weeks of holidays or like this year when the Labour Day weekend is late than almost 9 weeks. Do kids in your area go back to school in August or September?

Enjoy your recovery week!!

Hi Guys,

the cupcakes turned out cute and I am soooo tired from making them! It took quite a while... Now to get them posted is another issue. DH will have to help me because I exhausted all my ideas of how to drag a picture in here and have failed....

I don't have energy left to chat, so will talk to you all tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do for workout tomorrow...

Oh my goodness, I just tried one last thing and it worked! This is probably nothing to all of you but I'm excited I did this without hubby's help! Yay!

Attachments

• cupcake picture.JPG
    cupcake picture.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I had to try it again, just to make sure I remembered how to do it...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• cupcake pic 2.JPG
    cupcake pic 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 6
  • cupcake pic 3.JPG
    cupcake pic 3.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
TIRED! Awake enough to say

CENDRINE.....those cupcakes are so cute! Great job (on making AND posting them)!

G'Night. Cardio and core tomorrow for me....first official day of Summer Vacation. Planning on sleeping in a bit but getting in my workout first thing, before anything else!

Gayle

Hi again!

Chrissy, I'm so sorry you're sick! It's JUNE! You're not supposed to be sick! :mad: Anyway, I hope you recover quickly (take Zicam!). :p

Cendrine, those are the cutest cupcakes ever! Thanks for sharing those pictures! You are so talented! Those are great treats the kids will remember too! :D

Gayle, you enjoy sleeping in tomorrow! With as busy as you are, you SHOULD be sleeping in!

Rachel, work and migraines don't mix well...but I manage. Sometimes I have to medicate enough to attend meetings then come straight home to bed. But I am often nauseated and barely make it through. Last week I went in for a couple hours Wednesday then was in bed until Saturday. But generally they don't get away from me like this last one...it was a doozy! And by the way, I'm glad you've been GOOD! :D

Kim, you are definitely in the cold zone! But then if you're used to it it's very manageable. Obviously your city is very prepared unlike the rest of us!

Okay, I'm off to watch Deadliest Catch! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

I've read a lot of posts where people are saying they didn't experience any DOMS with Meso 3. I can tell you that's not my experience!

My butt is talking to me "BIG TIME" after doing Squat legs today. I have DOMS in my triceps and a tad in my shoulders and biceps from the other day (more shoulders than biceps).

Gayle, what are you experiencing?

Last thing....

Kim, I meant to ask you what Christi Taylor you were going to do (did). I have some old Christi's that I haven't done in ages and you got me thinking I should pull them out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.