6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
“If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”

Good morning, ladies. Sorry I didn't make it back online yesterday at all. Homework for my younger DS took a bit longer than normal yesterday and that pushed everything back, then I had a big errand to run at the post office for a mailing I needed to do for PTA. Then we went to DS' practice and I picked up my nieces (ages 4 and 1) and brought them with us to play (they live right behind the field) so my sis and DBIL could have a small break, and I crashed last night.

I definitely need the recovery week next week. I did disc 23 this morning LEGS and loved it, but I found myself not wanting to get out of bed. But I talked myself all the way to the basement and said to just do one tri-set at a time, and before I knew it I was done. Only thing was that I tweeked my inner thigh muscle on the 2nd set of plie squats during the 2nd round of the last tri set. Nothing bad, just enough to feel it more than I should have. So I finished it out just not going all the way to the floor (I use my Olympic barbell instead of a dumbbell). Finished with a nice stretch of my own to really work on the inner thighs.

Today should be pretty much the same as last night. Older DS' team has a game and we've been going to them even though he's not playing yet.

Today's planned menu:
M1: salsa chicken wrap
M2: egg white pancake
M3: banana and 2 lite string cheese
M4: tuscan chicken soup (small serving)
M5: big salad with EVOO, and some protein on top (can of tuna?), 1/2 ww pita
M6: greek yogurt (sort of make my own) with Kashi Go Lean

Today is Day 2 of no bars or shakes. And my other goal today is to drink all my water. For some reason, I fell short yesterday and what a difference that makes. I can feel it when I don't drink enough.....CHUG CHUG CHUG!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. for the last 2 days. I did a long post on my lunch hour yesterday, and when I went to submit it, for some reason I deleted the whole thing :(:(. Then, when I got home from work, DH and I had to go up to the high school for a parent meeting for the marching band kids and that last 1 1/2 hours, and when we got home, I still had to do my workout (week 2 Disc 16). By the time I was finished, it was 9:30 and I was just to pooped to turn on the computer.

I have nothing going on tonight except for my cardio workout, so I will catch up with all of you then.

Hope you are all doing well and sticking with our challenge. I had a "little" setback on Saturday when we went to the club, but I'll fill you in later today on that!!!

Have a great morning and will talk to you soon...

Mary

Good Morning.

I have my session with my trainer today, back and biceps. And I will probably do a short HIIT cardio session sometime today. Then its off to the bank. DS just informed me he needs black shoes, pants and white button down for his concert on thursday. He plays the flute. So I'll be going to some type of clothing store today also.

I have to go now.
BBL
chrissy

Good Morning everyone!

This morning was disc 19 w2 and I think I really exhausted my chest. I pushed it so hard when I got to shoulders I was not sure if I did not go to hard:eek: That first back off set of shoulder presses was giving me fits. I just closed my eyes and pushed. Sometimes if I am not seeing how hard I am struggling I do better. This is not a good idea however on the bb tri. ext.:D You might get a knot on your noggin'!
I am about a week late for my period ,so when I thought I had dodged the week of hunger that normally hits me about a week before, am sad to say I think it is trying to rear it's ugly head! I could kind of tell yesterday that my normal meals were not filling me up like usual but I am trying to just ignore it and chug the water. Hopefully this works. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Julie-On the tomatoes, I just toss them in a little olive oil and add a pinch of salt and some pepper. Then put them in the oven until they start to pop. Last night the oven was at 375 so I think it took about 10 to 12 min. but alot of time I crank it up to about 425 and it does not take long at all. If you like cherry tomatoes, you will love them this way!

Kim-I am so sorry your DH and DS are sick. On top of all the other things you have on your schedule this week it sounds like you are going to be swamped! I hope you DH is better than mine when he gets sick. He is really good all the time about taking care of things himself but when he gets sick he is like the kid I never had:p:D

Cendrine-I wondered how whole wheat flour would work. You hardly ever see it in recipes used this way so I was not sure. That clean garlic bread sounds good but since I was making a pretty healthy meal I had to compensate and give DH something I knew he would like since I was not sure of the recipe! My gf was over last night too and they both enjoyed everything so I hope it is worthy of you trying:
I will post it below.

Mary-Sounds like you are already back on track from your slip up at the club.
We are all looking forward to hearing about your outing! I have a hard time in that sort of setting not indulging a little in some wine and then that might lead to poor choices later in the night if everyone decides to go eat after the club. Which I absolutely hate to do but my DH loves IHOP at 2 in the morning!

Gayle- Sorry about the tweaked thigh. Everytime something like that happens to me, which is normally a tweak in my neck for some reason, I worry 'how long will this last'. But then normally by the next day it is gone. Way to go on peeling yourself out of bed to do legs. That is the hardest workout for me! I think because I know how hard it is to do it right. I try to push it as hard as I can and by the end I am exhausted! I really think hypertrophy legs is so much harder than endurance for me which I did not think was possible.

I will write the recipe as written but I adjusted the liquids when I made it.

Mushroom Chicken Tetrazzini

12 oz uncooked spaghetti,broken into 2 in pieces (I used ww spag.)
2 teaspoons chicken boullion granules (I used liquid boullion base)
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
2 T butter (I used a 50/50 butter/ olive oil blend)
2 T all purpose flour
1/4 cup sherry or reduced sodium chicken stock
3/4 tsp salt free lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup ff evaporated milk
2/3 cup grated parmesn cheese, divided
4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1/4 tsp paprika

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 2 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Stir in boullion into cooking liquid and set aside. Place spaghetti in a 13x9 baking dish coated with cookink spray.

In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in sherry or broth and reserved cooking liquid. Add lemon-pepper,salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until thickened.

Reduce heat to low; stir in milk and 1/3 cup of cheese, stir until blended. Add chicken and cook until heated through.

Pour chicken mixture over spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.

Serves 8
1 cup servings
calorie 362
fat 7
sat fat 3
sodium 592 mg
protein 33
carbs 40
chol 75
fiber 2

With the adjustments I made, I do not know what the difference in nutritional value is, but I am sure there are a few esp. in the fiber content and probably in the sat fat. It should be a little lower.

My main changes were cooking my cooking my chicken in some garlic infused oil in a regular skillet and then removing the garlic and the chicken and sauteing the mushrooms in that sam pan and making paste out of the garlic and adding it to the mushrooms. When I added the liquid it was seeming like to much so I reduced the anount of reserved cooking stock that I added and left the milk the same to keep that richness. Other than that I just let it thicken up before I added it to the past and it was great. I hope you do try this Cendrine and let me know how the ww flour worked!

BBL guys

Rachel

Hi Guys,

I had to talk myself into doing cardio today. I ended up doing cardo and weights cardio premix and abs.

It was nice to take it a little easier.

Rachel, thank for the recipe, I will try to do it soon and will let you know how it worked out!

Sorry about your leg muscle, Gayle! WTG on eating no bars and shakes. I can't do it quite yet, but I'm gearing up for it.

Hi Mary, I'm doing well on the challenge so far, thanks to you! There were some temptations but I remembered you and didn't. Thanks!

Have fun shopping for ds clothes!

Hi everyone else!

Good morning ladies! No workout today but I cleaned my kitchen today. I have 3 appointments today with the kids plus daisy girl scouts.

Going to eat somethins now.

How many calories are you ladies eating in a day?

jkulie

Hi Again Everybody,

I have a little more time on my lunch hour today, so I will be extra careful not to delete everything I type :eek::eek:.

Well let me first start off with my CONFESSION!!! In order to be held fully accountable, I must be honest in these challenges (RIGHT??) I was exceptionally good on this challenge up until saturday when we went to the club. I did indulge in 3 cocktails (2 lite beers and 1 shot of tequila). I also dabbled in a few nacho chips with salsa. That's it, I promise!! I tried to stay strong, but the temptation was pretty strong looking at those chips that my DH had ordered sitting on the table staring at me. After eating a few chips, the thought of a beer sounded pretty good (ok, I think you've got the picture). We did a lot of dancing, so I'm sure I wore off some of the calories that I consumed with the drinks and chips. The good news is that I put on a pair of capris that I bought last year after I lost the majority of my weight, and they were big on me (YEEHAAW). I am back 100% committed to finishing this challenge strong!! We are going to an outdoor concert this friday, and our friends want to do a tailgate party before the concert. There will be no cocktails for me because I can't stand waiting in line to use the bathroom at a concert. Takes about 1/2 hour :confused::confused:. So I'm safe in that area, but there will be munchies, so hear me out, I WILL NOT INDULGE IN ANY OF THAT CRAP ON FRIDAY!!!!!

Gayle-I was thinking of you last night while I was at the boosters meeting for the parents of the marching band kids. This summer will be full of lots of competitions and practices for the band (this is DS'S first year in the marching band), and the current members of the boosters are trying to encourage the newer members to volunteer their time at these events. At first I held back thinking I was to busy to volunteer, but then you popped into my head :eek:. I knew you probably would have signed up for every activity that needed a volunteer, so I signed my name telling them to call me when they needed help!!! I may be cursing you out later this summer, but it's my own doing!!!

Chrissy-I am amazed that your DS actually gave you 2 days advance notice about the concert. Usually I'm told the day before the event that he has to wear dress clothes, and of course the ones I bought for the last concert don't fit anymore!! I never thought I would be the kind of mom that would buy dress shoes a size to big for him, just so that he can get more than a few wears out of them.

Rachel-If my DH and friend had their way, we would have stopped at some kind of family restaurant on our way home from the club. They were both looking for a coney island/hamburger joint (or IHOP'S), but I said "NO WAY". I did have some healthy snacks in the car, so they begrudgingly ate those instead of stopping to eat. I have to draw the line somewhere!!!

Cendrine-I think I may have to talk myself into doing cardio tonight as well! My body is still really tired from Disc 16 last night, and doing a full out cardio just isn't in the cards. As soon as my DH is out of school, I am going to start working out in the a.m. again. It's so hard for me to do my workouts after work, because it usually extends into late evening and then I don't have time to do a much needed stretch. Only 3 more weeks and then I will be shifting schedules!!

Julie-Cleaning the kitchen is a workout, or at least at my home it is!! lol! Have you started taking the glutamine powder after your workouts? If so, have you noticed a difference in your muscle recovery?? I was thinking about getting some, but I am trying to cut back on some expenses, and the cost of the powder was a little more than I wanted to spend at this time. We have a huge load of expenses coming our way next month, and DH is on layoff from GM for about 6 weeks, so I just need to tighten my belt a little.

Kim-Welcome back!! I have absolutely no reason to complain about my schedule when I see what everybody else on this forum, including you, have on their "to do list". One child runs me ragged, I can only imagine what 2 would do to me!!! I hope your family has a speedy recovery, and take care of yourself so you don't come down with the same thing.

OK Everybody, it's time for me to get back to work!!! I have Monday off for the Holiday, so I'm doing extra duty to get my work done so I can have a fun weekend without work issues floating in my head. We have less than a week before this challenge is over, WE CAN DO IT, STAY STRONG AND FOCUSED!!!!

Mary

I have started taking the Glutamine powder. I don't see a difference. My legs hurt for a week after disc 14 last wednesday. I am looking foward to doing it again tomorrow. Got to run for the night. I will check back in later if STBX is not peering over my shoulder.

Julie-Your situation has got to be so uncomfortable. My MIL was in a similar situation but at least there was so much distance between them they did not even like to be in the same room when they were at home...but get this- they work together.:confused: Can you imagine!

OK guys I have not been very good today resisting temptation and I wanted to confess before I chickened out:eek: I am so ashamed. Up until yesterday I was doing so good and then I had a small slip yesterday with a handful of popcorn and now I realy did it. It always seems to really hit me at the snack I have before dinner. Around 3' oclock. I had a piece of ww bread with peanut butter, frozen banana slices and granola and a smidgen of honey. I thought that would really quell the cravings. Then there was that damn popcorn again which I had about a serving of.:mad: Then at dinner I had some leftover chicken tetrazzini with a whole plateful of salad. (trying to do anything to fill up on something good) For about 30 minutes I was fine. Chugging the water to try to get me into bedtime. Then I just could not stand it and I had 2, not 1, but 2 coffee cups full of cereal (again granola, bad, with kashi shredded wheat and raspberries). I hate this time of month. It seems like I am doing so well and then all of the suddena wrecking ball comes and knocks down all the building blocks:mad: OK I hate to be the one who comes on here and puts in the seeds of bad eating but I just needed to tell so I could be accountable. Now please...LET ME HAVE IT! You guys are my life line to clean eating and I am afraid I will be worse tomorrow. When this starts it normally lasts for a week and ruins everything. So I will try tomorrow if I feel like I am going to binge...I will try to come here first. Does anyone of you do this and if so what is helping you? I tried chugging water and now I am just full of water and cereal. So you know what that looks like. Trust me there is not an ab in sight!

Sorry again! I hate to be negative when everyone else is so positive.:eek:

I will be a better person tomorrow!
Rachel

Finished CC#5 with sore legs from doing disc #20 yesterday. I feel so bad that I can't catch up with all you ladies. I promise to read every single post on the weekend. Today DH and ds stayed home sick. Got 3 yards of soil moved from the front yard to the back yard and prepared for the meeting tomorrow.

Tomorrow's schedule is
5-6am disc 21
6-7 Get ready for work
7-5 At work
5-6 Make supper/homework/practice piano
6-7 Board meeting at the daycare
7-8 DS's band concert
8 pm MIL will come over after the band concert as we still have her mother's day and birthday presents :eek::eek::eek:

Rachael Don't get so down on yourself!! We all have bad days, hopefully writing it all out will be helpful for you!!!

Mary I have to confession there was a few drinks and treats going on this last weekend. It was a long weekend, hard not to have a few treats but I'm with you on getting back on track.

Chrissy You just reminded me that ds needs white shirt/black pants for his concert tomorrow. I better go have a look in his closet. Yikes!

Gayle Hope that muscle is okay!!

Kim

Kim, with your schedule, I'm surprised you even have time to come on the forum at all! I hope things calm down for you soon!

Rachel, I so appreciate your honesty. That granola, it brings back memories, I used to do the mugs of granola with milk too, and I would not stop at one usually... All this to say, we all have days like that! Try not to compensate for it tomorrow, try to just eat what you were going to eat as planned. I would get into the weeklong or longer trouble when I tried to make up for the previous days binge by cutting back more.
I'm not going to let you have it because it sounds like you are letting yourself have it quite well....;)
Can you get out of the house when the craving hits? Kind of like, I want to eat all this stuff, that means I'm going for a walk... Gum helps too.
Coming on the forum is a great idea too!

Anyway, hang in there, those monthly visitors can sneak up on us sometimes and catch us off guard. Sneaky they are!

A JOLLY YO HO!!!! I'm back and I missed you all terribly! :D

I got home in time to do Disc 24...another Yowza on the biceps as well as Weights and Plates! I see I have some catching up to do with all of you so will try to get at that tomorrow. I had a great time with my Mom; the weather was beautiful and we got some house cleaning done and visiting with siblings and friends. There was truly a lot of "talkin'" going on! :eek: Now we are under seige with a huge rain storm (thunder and lightening and massive down pour). Fortunately I got home before all that started.

Rachel! It's okay you had a cheat - you've been doing awesome. By talking about what you ate puts it behind you. And you're not planting bad seeds of eating - you're being accountable. You've beaten yourself up enough - take control and get back on your plan tomorrow! You can pull it together! and like Cendrine said, just go with what is planned for tomorrow - don't cut yourself short. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You control what you eat...it doesn't control you. I believe in you!!

Hello to everyone!

Okay I have tons of things to do before going back to work tomorrow. Again, I'll try and start catching up with all of you tomorrow! ;)

STRENGTH AND SWEAT AND CLEAN EATING!!! CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.