6 monthers, STS, thursday

I was up early today. My husband left at 5 am to go drag racing for the weekend. So I got up, made some coffee, and started surfing the web. My chest is sore from CB M3W3. Feels good. Haven't really had too much doms this meso cycle, except from plyo legs. Rachel- I had a hard time too getting the weight over my head for the flys.

My plans for the day:
Plyo legs
Plan out menu for weekend trip
grocery shopping for the weekend trip
pack up the car and cooler

Not too busy today. I think I may sit out by the pool and read today. My kids are in camp so I will have the house to myself.

Rachel- I know you probably have mentioned this before but what exactly do you and your husband do?
Yes- I LOVE my jeep. My dad used to have the old Willy's army jeep when I was a kid. We would take over on the beach when we went camping until we (me and my 2 other siblings) go too big. Funny there wasn't a seat in the back like they have now. We used to sit on the wheel wells, even with the top off :confused:. I always told myself this is what I am going to drive when I get older. I got mine about 3 1/2 years ago. My husband hates it, says they are dangerous-this coming from a man who drag races at 140+ mph!

My kiddies are up looking for breakfast.
BBL
chrissy

Hi, Chrissy. I got a kick out of DH's comment about a Jeep being too dangerous. Yeah, and drag racing isn't! ;)

I just finished up Gym Style Chest & Tris. Yeah, I'm going to feel THIS tomorrow! I increased all my weights since the last time I did this workout (which, my notebook shows, was DECEMBER! lol). OMG! Am I going to be sore. My arms are kind of funky right now! :)

Today is super quiet. Nothing on the calendar, and I don't have my car. It's in the garage getting its check up before we leave on Sunday. Nothing big to worry about, just oil change, tire balance/rotation, etc. At least, it better STAY nothing big! HA!

OH! And I just checked the WM calendar from June and I didn't miss a single workout! Not even with the trip to the Jersey shore, ALL workouts got in and DONE! I LOVe the Workout Manager! lol

BBL, after my shower!

Gayle

Just a quick post before I go do pylo (disc #32). I noticed that 3 of us complained of DOMS after Chest/Back W3M3 this week, that workout must be a good one!

Jo Have a great trip!! Hope your headache is gone.

Cendrine Congrats to your DH doing STS! What does he do for the cardio??

Chrissy So you liked the Insanity preview?? I think I may buy this workout. If the preview is 40 mins, how long is the real workout? When is this going to be released? So where do you all sleep when you're at your cousins, do you camp?

Gayle Great run yesterday! Good job on the June exercise!

Rachael Canada Day is celebrating Canada's birthday, when Canada was formed to be it's own country not just a colony. We are 142 yrs old so still relatively young. I have another 1 and half weeks left of STS but then will be on holidays for 2 weeks so if you want to start a rotation before that feel free.

Not much on the agenda today, pylo and some housework this morning. Then no plans after that. I'll see what the kids want to do. Kim

Hi Guys,

I did 4DS kick box cardio and abs. Worked me good even though it seems like a short workout. I always tend to want to schedule something easy after a tough leg workout (like plyo yesterday) but Cathe always schedules a tough leg cardio after a tough leg workout.... So I did it and I acutally feel like I have less soreness now.... Hmm, gotta keep that in mind.

Kim, dh thinks sts is cardio ( and for him for right now it is....LOL!) He is so soaking wet after it he counts it as cardio.... But I make sure I get him on a bike ride at least once per weekend, that gets him huffing some.

Chrissy, I had to laugh too about your dh comment on jeeps being dangerous...:rolleyes:

Gayle, where are you going? I can't remember what you said. In any case, have lots of fun!
You inspired me to keep a workout notebook. Before sts I never took notes and I was wondering what I would do after sts. I kind of know what weights I used to do for most of my workouts, but I am going to start logging them so I know for sure.

Tomorrow is disk 33. I enjoy those! And then squat rack legs and then I will be gearing up for the last week of meso 3! Jo and Gayle, did you guys do a recovery week? All the weeks seem to flow together so I can't remember if you guys just jumped into whatever or if you did a proper recovery week?

BBl

Hi everyone.

Did plyo legs today with the 1 legged squat thrusts. LOL-it was not pretty:confused:. I only did about 8 but I skipped 1 or 2 then continued. My form was awful. I know I didn't get my back leg out far enough but I did the best I could. And those low lunge squat combo thingys....I was thinking 'what no weight'.....and now I know why!!!!

Kim- I loved the insanity preview. It was so hard!! I got an email saying it was being released on the 7th of July. I would like to get it but it is 10 dvd's. I don't know how different each of them are. I hate to buy the whole thing and there is only 1 or 2 that are tough. I got Shaun T's rockin body and it was way to easy for me. I may just enjoy the preview until I hear other reviews. The only thing I didn't like about the preview is after about a 10 minute (tough) warmup he went into about 6-8 minutes of deep stretching. To long for me, I was already dripping by the end of the warm up. It was like just keep going. He also includes a long stretch at the end.
We are bringing our camper upstate. Alot of people are pitching tents. I have to take a picture of this house and post it. You are driving down this road with these houses that look like if you blow on them they will fall then you come up to this huge log cabin on top of the hill. It is all gated off, you need a code to get in the gate. The have deer as pets, I got to play with them last time-sooo cute. And they also brought elk on to the property. They were busy little elk because it was just 2 know there are 7:p.

Cendrine-I can't believe we are coming into the last week of STS. I am not sure how I feel about that.

Gayle- what is funny about the jeep comment is he convinced me to drag race. I did it a for about a year, then last sept I flipped the car. I lost control, it rolled on its back and I slid through to the finish line. (I did win!!;)) The girl's car that I was racing broke down at the starting line (lucky for both of us). It scared the Shit out of me (pardon my french).

I have a poll for all of you. I am doing the precision nutrition program and we have daily assignments. Well one of them is to think of the healthiest person I know and think of all the things that make them them.
Fit People vs Non-Fit People

Think of the fittest and healthiest person you know.

• Who is it?
  • What's their job?
  • What do they eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner?
  • How often and what do they do for exercise?
  • Who are their other friends?
  • What kind of car do they drive?
  • How do they view the world?
  • Are they positive or negative?
  • Are they assertive or passive?
Think of all the things that make them...well, them. Get that picture in your mind. Write stuff down if you have to

Well, no one in my family or friends really eats healthy. I know you guys do. Do you want to answer some of the questions? Only if you want.

BBL
chrissy

One more day of work and then off for 2 days...Yeah!!!!!!
The heat is really cranking down here..I am looking forward to 92 next week!:p We are battling the heat and fleas here. We live deep in the woods so it is hard to keep the fleas down in the summer. We even use the spot treatment on the dogs but it does not totally keep them off. So today it was bath day. Although they really do not like it they are tolerant and will stand there looking sad! It is kind of funny. Then when they are done they go roll around in the grass and try to rub off the good smell.:D It is a sight. Our girl dog looks like a furry pig! She even grunts and snorts.

It sounds like everyone is going to have a great weekend. We have a couple of options here but I am not sure which we will decide to do. I am going to try to keep it as clean as possible though. I am not promising to be 100% though. I think if someone shoves homemade icecream at me I will have to eat it just so I do not hurt their feelings:p

Gayle-I am sorry I am such a dummy but what does FT stand for. (Full time?) And if it is full time then full time what? And you probably said this but where are you going?

Chrissy-It is not all that interesting but DH and I install commercial floors. Like hospitals and schools churches. Places like that. Right now we are doing specialty flooring that has to be welded for the hospital.
If your dh is like mine he probably means the jeep is dangerous for you! My dh is always telling me be careful or is always giving me that look when I am cutting something...Like I am incapable of slicing a carrot:rolleyes:. I know he means well but it is so annoying sometimes. Esp. when I go and cut myself and then I never here the end of it:D

Kim-Thanks for the explantion of Canada Day. I had no idea how young yall are. Were the festivities fun? There are so many things going on around here for the 4th but I think we might just opt out of doing too much. The temp will be 102 so I think anything outside is going to be out of the question for me. I will look at the July Ro this weekend and see how I can tweek it and then I will let you know. I am sure I can find something to do for a couple of weeks while you are gone. But I am not sure what I can sub full body workouts with, i.e. Muscle End or MM . I do not have any of those type workouts. I need to get them though.

Cendrine- Are you getting ready for our last week. Mine is officially over July11. I don't think I like that though. I liked having this sort of schedule with everything layed out for me. I have never done any of Cathe's rotations but now I want to because I am afraid I will be lost after STS id over. Not that I did not workout 6 days a week before sts but I will have to admit my weight workouts were in a rut so with sts and everything changing all the time, I really saw a real change in my body that I had not seen in a long time. Oh the dilemma!

OK gals. I am off to relax for a little while before I go to bed. Sorry I gabbed your ears off!

Rachel

Jo, Mary, Julie I hope yall are havin a great day.

Chrissy- I knew I was forgetting something-I don't know any healthy people but myself also. I live in fried food country!

Rachel

Rachel-I was kind of asking about you guys....not the people you know. You guys are the people I know:p.

chrissy

Hey guys. Last post before I go to bed. I ended up going for a 6.2 mile run tonight. My kids both ended up sleeping over at friends' houses and I found myself ALONE!!!! So I laced up and hit the road.

To answer a few questions:
FT means Full Time (I assume I was talking about trying to get a full time job at the school next year? LOL)
The kids and I are leaving on Sunday (by noon) to go to my sister's in N Carolina. We're staying anywhere from 2 days to the full week. We don't have to be home till the following Sunday, so we're going to wing it. Plans include a minor league baseball game, visiting a lighthouse, zoo and/or aquarium.

Chrissy....here are your answers:
Who is it? Gayle
What's their job? SAHM, works part time at elementary school
What do they eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner? B: Myoplex Lite shake with L Glutamine powder, L: 1 C homemade veggie soup, protein like tuna or grilled chicken D: grilled protein like chicken or tilapia, steamed veggies, small baked potato
How often and what do they do for exercise? 60 minutes per day, 6 days a week with an OCCASIONAL double workout
Who are their other friends? Most of my friends are my neighbors, and I've gotten to be really close to several other Catheites thru Road Trips and other gatherings.
What kind of car do they drive? Mazda 626, 5 speed (manual)
How do they view the world? As a BIG place with tons of places to visit.
Are they positive or negative? Usually very positive
Are they assertive or passive? Definitely assertive

G'Night

Gayle

Chrissy, I don't really know anyone in my circle of friends who would qualify, the healthiest one I know personally would have to be my chiropractor, I don't know all the answers, but here goes:

[*]Who is it? - My Chiropractor

[*]What's their job? Chiripractor, family and sports nutrition, physical therapist

[*]What do they eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner? chocolate shake for breakfast, salad for lunch, don't know dinner, but simple stuff

[*]How often and what do they do for exercise? She exercises daily, lots of cardio, making it harder by carrying weights, some weight workouts light ones

[*]Who are their other friends? not sure about this one

[*]What kind of car do they drive? BMW

[*]How do they view the world? She is into natural and alternative methods, critically thinks through all things out there

[*]Are they positive or negative? Very positive

[*]Are they assertive or passive? Assertive

LOL! you won the race making it to the finish line upside down? That would have scared the you know what out of me too!

Last edited:
Sorry, Chrissy, I answered your post before I read the other post that was referring to you asking us... LOL!

So let me try this again for me:

Who is it? Cendrine
What's their job? Mom, homeschool teacher to be
What do they eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner? B:protein shake with a banana and flax seed L: Salad with protein or veggies w. protein D: varies, almost never the same, mostly clean though.
How often and what do they do for exercise? 5-6 days a week, cardio and total body work
Who are their other friends? People who have kids the same age of my kids, people from church, for my fit friend outlet: you guys
What kind of car do they drive? MDX
How do they view the world? Depends on what part I focus on at the time
Are they positive or negative? generally positive
Are they assertive or passive? somewhere inbetween

One more thing, a question, really for you guys.

Since doing meso 3 I have had to go to the Chiropractor once a week because it gets me so messed up lifting so heavy. So my question is, would you guys finish the last week or would you modify and go back to meso 2 weights? What are your thoughts? I am such a stickler for finishing things but this has gone through my head a few times and I kept ignoring it, so finally I'm thinking at least I can ask you guys and see what you think.

Rachael, I'm sorry it's so hot where you are! I can't imagine it! I looked at the July rotation and there are too many workouts I don't have, it would not be the july rotation any more if I substituted other stuff for everything. But I have most of the june rotation things, so that is what I will be doing.

We are going to have some friends with little kids join us at our house for a barbecue. It sounds pretty healthy so far, they are bringing fruit salad and I am making something chicken and lots of marinated veggies on the grill. Not bad for a 4th of July meal, I think.

Ok, quitting for now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.