6 Monthers, STS, Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Just hitting the basement for an iCycle workout and some core. BBL to report my stats and to check in!

----------------------------------------------------------------
90 minutes later! lol

Workout DONE! iCycle 16, 40 minutes, logged almost 10 miles. Did I ever tell you guys I really DO NOT LIKE the stationary bike? :) I really don't. I dread it, but I also know that I need it for variety, cross-training and LOW IMPACT work. I then tacked on Stability Ball Abs from Ab Circuits.

Today I'll be cleaning my friend's house, and I want to take the kids shopping to get them new swimming trunks for the beach. We're supposed to have baseball tonight, but they're calling for T-storms all day long so I think we'll get cancelled.

BBL to check in on you all!

Gayle

Last edited:
I'M HERE......

just a quickie to let you know I'm still around. Yesterday was the last day of school for DS, and it has been a very busy time!! Just a few more days of late night workouts, then I'll be back to my early morning routine (Thank Goodness). When I got home from work yesterday, I had to immediately turn around and take DS uptown because the marching band was playing in our hometown parade that kicks off our festival that goes until Sunday. We stayed for the parade and didn't get home until 8:30, and then I had to fit my blasted workout in at 9:00. It would be so nice not to have the calendar run my life for at least a week!!

I have busted my butt all week at work, and the good news is that I don't have to bring work home this weekend
icon14.gif
. Even better news is that they are hiring a part time assistant for me, and she will start in about a week. Should help lighten my work load quite a bit!! Tomorrow my plan is to read all the posts that I've missed, and get back into the swing of things.

Work is calling, so I'll say goodbye for now!!!!

Mary

Hi, Mary. I feel for ya.....that calendar (we call it my Bible) surely can run your life. But without it, we'd all be late, miss events, and get NOTHING done! LOL Hang in there, can you see the light at the end of that long tunnel??? It's coming! I thought of you last night as I did Disc 30 at 8pm. I'm going to be doing it again tonight too (Plyo Legs, I believe). Enjoy your day.....today is your Friday, right? (or is that Kim? LOL) How about that assistant...do you get to help choose who gets the job???;)

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Gayle, your enthusiasm amazes me! I keep meaning to ask if you have decided on the breast cancer walk in NYC? I really want to do it. If I can get STBX to take kids I am in!

Jo, I am glad to see that you are back in the swing of things. I know those migraines are so debilitating.

Chrissy, You are going to the Cathe Eggland workout in NYC, right? I thought about it but I could never do it right now, just too much going on.

Mary, Wow last day of school for DS! We still have two more weeks becasue of an ice storm we had this year. I always tell myself I am going to do cardio at night (mostly becasue I blow it off in the am) but it does not happen. Good for you for still doing it!

Rach, How is recovery coming along?

Kim, How are those hockey playoffs going? My nephews were big hockey players when they were kids. They are 29 and 28 now! I was going to have ds play, but then dd was born preemie and blew off skating. DS races for USSA in gs, slomon, and supr g. We still have to get up really early but not as early as hockey.

Cendrine, Yum yum on the cupcakes! I don't know that I would have had any left to deliver!

Well there we go...I finally did personals! I hope I did not leave anyone out, my brain can be like a sieve at times.

DS still not eating enough. STBX got a lawyer!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Goodness. Next court date is July 3rd and then July 29th. Hopefully divorce will go through by fall. I did a trial on eharmony! LOL!! My matches were 48-50 year olds. I have a lot of energy! I don't think a 50 year could keep up with me and my juggling all these balls in the air. It was free and a least worth a good laugh!

I am buried in estate tax stuff from my when my Mom died 2 years ago. Just found out the my Dad's will never went to probate 7years ago. What a mess!

Do any of you girls know anything about carb cycling? I just briefly read Jilliam's making the cut. I am a slow oxidiezer according to her book, whatever that means.

Have a great day.

julie

Hi Girls!
Running late as I have meetings and need to get going. I was going to do Plyo Legs today but no way...legs are still fried from squat legs! So I'm taking a rest day today.

Hi Mary, Gayle and yes Julie, we are doing legs twice both plyo and squat!

I'll BBL when I have more time!

I must be asleep at the wheel. Legs twice a week! Is this just for Meso 3? How are you incorporating it and what is the idea behind it?

Hi Guys,

I decided on a rest day from even cardio today. Feels nice and I was able to cuddle with dd when she woke up, which usually I can't cause I'm arleady working out. That was nice!

I made some protein cookies with her that had black currants in it, a whole bag of it, and did they ever get yummy! Dh likes the protein cookies for grab and go protein bar substitutes that are clean, and I love them too. We had run out of the batch that I made with fresh cranberries so it was time and I had the energy to do them, besides I wanted one for my snack...LOL! Got them done just in time...

Julie, the doubling up on legs is something several of us are doing or planning on doing, not because Cathe planned it that way, she only has one or the other. But we all wanted to do the strength squat legs as well as the plyo but not 2 months of the upper body, because it would be too repetitive. So we are doing meso 3 once and doing plyo legs in addition to the squat rack legs in each week. I hope I didn't confuse you more. Anyway, you don't have to do it, it's not how it is set up from STS. We just felt like it.
I'm glad to hear stbx finally got a lawyer, hopefully things will move now.

Chrissy, I don't like doing cardio either when I have a cold, weights is much more doable.

Mary, I'm so glad for you that you are getting an assistant! that is wondeful news!

Gayle, 90min workout! Way to go!

Jo, sorry that your legs are so sore! Rest day for both of us, I guess! I wonder if I'll feel the legs in meso 3 like you or if I have the same issues as Chrissy. I guess we'll have to find out...

Well, I think that's about all for now.

So for Meso 3 legs twice a week. If I workout Mon/Wed/Fri with STS what day would I do the additional leg workout? I'm not sure if I will do Meso 3 just once, but I think I really want to incorporate 2 days of legs. I am still working on the big round butt. I am however trying to get UB stronger so I guess I will have to see how it goes.

Julie, Cendrine explained our reasoning behind doing both Squat and Plyo Legs in Meso 3. I have to be honest, too, when I say that I PERSONALLY feel that STS needs just a bit more leg work in it. But that's just MY opinion, and I LOVE working legs. I'm putting my extra leg (Plyo) workout on Thursday night or Friday morning, depending on how I feel with my legs from Squat Legs earlier in the week. Have we totally confused you yet? :D

Hey, Cendrine, my workout didn't last 90, more like 70 but it took me that long to chill out a bit and post this AM! LOL

Just had a YUMMY salad with spinach, green scallions, grape tomatoes, Laughing Cow cheese, tuna and black beans. OH I'm in HEAVEN!

Gayle

Yum, sounds good, Gayle!

Julie, I make sure I have the leg days spread apart at least by one day, so I don't work legs twice in a row. I think I do legs on Wednesday and Saturday, kind of nice half way split through the week.

Hi Everyone!

Cendrine, you did an excellent job with those cookies (I'm imagining I'm having one!) :cool: I want some! Glad you're enjoying your rest day and cuddles are so wonderful!

Mary, nice to hear from you - I hope things do settle down for you! I couldn't handle doing my workouts as late as you. It would keep me up!

Julie, Cendrine did a great job of explaining the legs. What she said is what I'm doing! Chrissy didn't have any DOMS from Squat legs and my legs are fried! I've had to take the elevator at work for two days! So I'm using the Plyo legs workout as one of my cardio days. Sounds like things are finally progressing for you with the divorce so I hope it happens like you want it to!

Gayle, I love salads like yours! I love salads! I agree with you about wanting a little more leg work. So I think in the previous Meso's I was compensating another leg day with spinning...now that's a great leg workout! :p

Hello Rachel and Kim and anyone else that follows! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood (err...I mean at work!). I have to run to the store and buy kale! DH LOVES that soup!

Good Afternoon everyone

I did SBT disc 27 (2nd time) I really like this workout. I am doing week 1 twice just to make sure I get the weights right.

Julie- I am doing the breast cancer walk but not the workout in NYC. I am all set to go. I started training and I am sending out my fundraising e-mails this weekend (just adding the final touches on). I would love for you to join me. So sign up!!!
I am doing squat rack legs on Monday and then plyo legs on friday. I will count the plyo legs as a cardio day. Because it is tough on the heart!!!

I feel like maybe I didn't work hard enough on squat legs. I can't believe you guys are that sore. I know Gayle lifts ALOT heavier than me but I didn't feel like I could lift any heavier without risking injury (especially on the front squats) I may need to just get used to that one before I can increase.

Gayle- I'm with you, I like working legs because I feel so accomplished when I am done. Sometimes after an upper body I don't feel like I did enough. Like I should go do some cardio after.

Mary- glad your schedule will be letting up soon. Good luck with the assistant.

Cendrine- That sounds nice to cuddle with your daughter in the morning. My kids love when I get into bed with them. What are currants? Are they some type of fruit? Or is that where the protein comes from?

Jo-Sorry your legs are so sore but.....I am kinda jealous. Although I hate being so sore I can't use the stairs without crying :(!

Hi Rachel & Kim -How's it going today?:D

DS has his 2nd playoff game. I am excited I just hope the rain hold off.

Have a good night
chrissy

Chrissy, black currants are a type of berry that we used to grow on bushes in Switzerland. The more common one is the red currant and a relative of it is the gooseberry, all of which are yummy. Black currants are about the size of wild blueberries and the color is an almost black purple. they grow in clusters like grabes but not on a vine, rather , a bush. They are great fresh but dried they are fun too, they are kind of sweet, tangy. I just use protein powder for the cookies to add protein. I mixed some vanilla flavored whey and some berry flavored whey protein to make it interesting.

Jo, thanks for the compliments on the cupcakes. You are welcome to have one! I have some extras.... I had to make 27 because that is the class size. Of course one box doesn't make 27 so I had to make two boxes and ended up with a lot extra. I took most of the extras in because I am a sucker for cream cheese icing and didn't need the temptation....LOL! But I saved some for the kids, and there's enough for you to have one too....

Hi Chrissy! Hope your feeling much better! I do have a squat rack so used that for my squat legs and I was able to go heavy safely. I'm glad I took the rest day today so I can beat my legs up again tomorrow with Plyo legs! :p Hope your DS has fun at the playoff!

Hey guys!
Sorry I am getting more sporadic with my checkins. I never know how much time I am going to have and although I have all the intention of checking in I don't always have the time...Esp. when I don't have time for personals. I feel guilty when I don't.:eek:

This has been a good recovery week for me. I have kept my cardio really intense but have done yoga on my weight days. I say I did yoga, but I am sure that is not what someone who saw me attempting yoag would say. Yes that is probably a better way to say it...I have been attempting yoga on my weight days:D. Its all in the mind any way right:p.

I have to set down now and look at my schedule for meso 3. I want to do the plyo legs and the squat legs. The only thing is that plyo legs will have to be on a monday and that is a hard one to start the week with but I know if I put it in my workout manager then it will be like writing it in stone and I will do it. So it is just willing myself to put it in my WM.

I have a pool party to go to on Saturday and I am the one that has been commisioned to bring the cocktails:eek: Any cleaner ideas? Is there such a thing? At least I had the thought of being in a swimsuit in front of all these people keeping me clean eating! I always feel pressure with this particular group of people because they all know I workout HARD and I feel they are scrutinizing me to see if I am in shape for as much as I do workout...Did that make since?

Kim-That makes complete since and I do not know why it did not dawn on me that in Canada you probably would not get snow days...Duh!:eek: We live onn totally opposite ends of the earth. Here if there is a threat of freezing rain, school is out! It does not happen that often though. I can remember only 1 signifcant time that it snow a pretty good amount here...4 inches:D.
I think the kids go back here now in mid August. But they are out already so they get a good break.

Cendrine-I could not post a pic to save my life so I was very impressed. I am not even sure how to find the pictures that dh has dl on the computer:eek:. I know this is a very sad thing! I thought the cupcakes were super cute and although you said they were someone elses idea you still had to make the darn things and have them come out right and it looks like you did a great job. I can not tell you how many times I tried to steal someone elses idea and failed miserably!:p Where did the protein cookie recipe come from?

Jo-I love the Deadliest Catch! You are right up there with those guys too. My dh is norwegian so I get a big kick out of the Northwestern. I think th Time Bandit guys are Norwegian too? Not sure on that one but I love cold weather shows in the summer. Since the heat index was 100 yesterday I need all the cooling I can get!

Gayle-I had no idea Cathe was on QVC!:mad: I would have dvr'ed it! Do you know if it will replay or if she will be on again anytime soon?
I would have to agree with you on the stationary bike. I just can't do it. I saw a virtual one that sat in front of a screen that looked like you were actually going somewhere. Now that might be better but just sitting and pedaling...Nope can't do it! How was that raosted vege recipe and does it keep well or do you have to eat it all right then?

Chrissy- BUSTY:D Well I know you have never seen me because I am alot of things, but Busty is definitely not one of them. So glad you left that in cause even DH got a kick out of that one! Hope you are feeling better!

Mary- I am glad you are getting an assistant! It sounds like you need and deserve it. Alot of people would not bother to bring their work home with them!
I hope you are able to get back in the early morning groove. I think there is nothing like an early morning endorphin high!

Julie-yeah on the stbx getting a lawyer. Maybe you can get this part of your life behind you so you can concentrate on the more important things!

Well guys I must feed the machine, meaning me:D. I will be back tomorrow though No Matter What!

Rachel

Rachel, I believe you can see the QVC clip at their website....I also believe somebody posted the link to it in a Cathe/QVC post. If I find it, I'll share it here.

The roasted veggie recipe was AWESOME and I have it in the fridge. It's great cold, straight from the container. I'm a HUGE leftover fan, so I'll eat almost anything leftover!

I've decided to move Plyo Legs to tomorrow morning. Kids want to watch Paul Blart, Mall Cop tonight and I just couldn't turn them away for an hour. PLUS, if I did Plyo tonight, what would I do tomorrow, more cardio? I don't want to go overboard, so tomorrow morning's plan is Plyo Legs, perhaps a nice stretch with SM or the Extended stretch. I'm sure I'll need it. I'm sort of scared of this plyo WO! LOL

Time for the movie!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.