6 Monthers, STS, Thursday the 19th

banslug

Cathlete
Is it really the 19th of March already??? I can't believe it. It felt like it was just Christmas, doesn't it?!?!?! Where does the time GO? STOP THE CLOCK! :)

Good morning, ladies.

Cendrine, was it you asking about Cardio Coach? They're awesome workouts! You'v gotten some good feedback from our gang already. I'll just add that you can make the workout as long or as short as you want or need. You can easily skip challenges, re-do other ones, and with iTunes (or other mp3 software you might use), you can easily mix and match the challenges from different CC workouts. I hope that helps SOME! But as somebody else said, at this PRICE, you can't go wrong!!!

OK...I made it thru my CRAZY BUSY day yesterday and I was BEAT! I got home around 7:30, had the kids in bed by 8:30 (which is late, their bedtime is normally 8) and I myself was in bed and fast asleep by 10! That is unusual too! I can't usually settle down enough to actually sleep till around 11, even if I GOT to bed earlier! LOL The Spaghetti Dinner was a success and so much fun! I love doing these PTA events. I love just talking to all the kids and the parents.

This morning, I did disc 12 Legs. LAST DISC of Meso 1! I can't believe it! I just finished Meso 1!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! I've got cardio and abs tomorrow and then an active recovery week! I'm PUMPED UP! And spent! I NEED that recovery week!

Today is going to be a super quiet day for me/us. Kids have a half day of school (last one) and then we'll have lunch and some friends over. They'll all play, and when I'm not playing with them, I'll be in my dining room, AKA scrapbooking room, to get some more work done! I'm really making progress on my books and am VERY VERY close to being up-to-date with them! That makes me happy too!

I'll be back to see how you're all making out today!

But as always....

WHAT IS YOUR GOAL TODAY?
WRITE IT DOWN!
TAPE IT IN SIGHT!
REACH FOR IT!

Gayle

Still under the weather. Son's tenth birthday party is today. I did pretty well yesterday for eating. Today I will have piece of birthday cake>

Gayle, I saw your before and after pictures and printed them out for inspiration!! You look awesome! Do you have any updated pics?

I was thinking that it might be nice to have someplace to post our before, during and after pictures. I know seeing other peoples results really motivates me a tremendous amount. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I

soon2bfit. I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. But CAKE ALWAYS makes things better! :) Thanks for the comments on my before/after pics. I have to admit that I don't still look like that. I'm not far from it, but I'm working back to it. Those pics were taken at the end of my Body For Life rotation that ended at Christmas of 2007....then I got complacent with my eating. My workouts rocked the entire past year, so the muscle is THERE, it's just under a layer of extra padding!!! But I'm on the way back and WILL post my before and after pics at the end of this STS rotation!!!

Enjoy DS' Big Day!

Gayle

Happy Thursday Everybody!!

I did the CCV6 for the first time this morning on the treadmill. That man can really kick my butt!!!! It's amazing how quickly 50 minutes goes by. Definitely feeling it my legs. I will do IMAX 3 on Saturday when I can sleep in a little and be completely charged.

Cendrine-When my son was young, I used a race walker stroller. Not sure if you are using a traditional stroller, but mine allowed me to do a run or a fast walk pushing him without worry of the stroller tipping. I would have used these workouts if they had been available back then. If you're not a skipper, than just picking up the walking pace when the coach instructs you to will make your walk more challenging. It's not necessary to skip or run to still make the workout challenging. I did not start with V1 because I felt the later workouts would have been more finely tuned and a little more challenging as he developed the program. I'm sure V1 is just as fun/challenging as all the others, and I will be purchasing all of them eventually.

Gayle-Because of you, I have been writing out my menu each day for this week, and I bring it with me to work to review. I am proud to say that I have followed my eating plan without any deviations:p. My difficult time is always after dinner when I want something sweet to finish off the meal. I've eliminated the sweet from the weekly menu and have actually stuck to it. I put on a pair of pants this morning that have always been snug, and they are LOOSE
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. I feel totally HIGH this morning!!! Gayle I'll have to try to find your before & after pictures. I have some before pics that my family likes to show at reunions, and I am almost embarrassed at how heavy I had gotten, but even more proud of where I'm GOING!!

TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE FINISHING MESO 1 THIS WEEK-You may want to consider redoing a few more weeks from MESO 1 to allow the rest of us to catch up with you before starting MESO 2 (I personally won't be able to read your reviews of MESO 2 without foaming at the mouth). Just a thought
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
. I'm sure I would do the same for you
icon12.gif
icon12.gif

Soon2bfit-Happy 10th Birdthday to your son. I agree nothing better than cake (or pie). Hope you enjoyed the B-Day Celebration and glad you're feeling better.

Well, I need to get ready for a meeting, so Have a Great Day Everybody!

Mary

Hi Everyone!

Congrats, Gayle on finishing Meso 1, what an accomplishment! Enjoy your rest week, and don't listen to Mary, start that Meso 2 when you are ready...;)

Mary, you and me can still talk about Meso 1 and love the fact that we get to go and do it all still!

Thanks again, everyone, for your input and thoughts on CC, my husband listened to one of the samples and didn't think the coach was going to be helpful to him going up a hill when there isn't one....:) I think I'll just order one and do it and tell him to try it and see if it will kick his butt even if there is no hill in sight... which I know it will, because he is so much out of shape he does not need a hill to get a workout.... Ok, that wasn't nice... But I tell it like it is...:eek:

Good job on sticking to your menu plan, Mary, isn't it awesome when you see results by fitting in clothes that were snug before?

I had let myself go eating wise starting at thankgiving and cruised right through christmas. The result, my belt was on the last hole, then I cut out all sugar and started journaling my food, eating clean exclusively for the last 2.5 months and I am now on belt hole number 4, some days number 5. It's so motivating! But that darn chocolate does call my name every once in a while anyway!

Workout was Imax 2 premix intervals 5-10 and butts and guts abs.

I've scoped out my menus for the day, they are all clean and I'm gonna stick to them!

Have a great day!

Friends, Romans, 6-Monthers - lend me your ear! HA! :p

Disc 12 today my friends (but unlike Gayle one more week to go!). My butt is achin'! I had a great workout but was struggling in the middle a little bit as I felt really tired. I had to pause for a couple of minutes...took a few deep breaths and then moved on. Gayle were you able to do those one-legged roll-ins? I sort of could but not very well! I have to say, I love the paper plate moves; those are so killer and I think that's what makes me the sorest! I think it was the sequencing in this workout that was tough for me but maybe I was a little tired today. Who knows? ;)

I'm at work so best go. I am back to my good eating like the rest of you.

Have a great day! ;);)

Jo :p:D

Hi everybody! Just wanted to check in one last time. And don't worry....I'm learning to use Selective Hearing with what Mary says to me! :p:p:p

Jo, one legged roll ins. Sort of. lol That says it all. I'm just glad nobody watches me workout at home! LOL

I got a bunch of stuff done during the day....all my laundry and a bunch more of scrapbooking. Then I hit the grocery store tonight for my usual fridge things....grapefruit, eggs, yada yada.

Have an awesome night. I'm settling in with a mug of hot green tea and calling it a DAY!

Gayle

p.s Kickbox and abs on tap tomorrow!

Just did disc 9 with ds:D Felt easier today, ready to move onto some new dvds with70% 1RM next week!

Gayle Hope you enjoyed your quieter day! Doesn't it feel great to get those scrapbooks up to date! Congrats on finished Mesocycle one!

Soon2BFit Happy Birthday to your ds! Hope you're feeling better soon!

icon14.gif
Mary WTG on those loose pants

Cendrine Sounds like you're doing great with your eating! I really need to get back on track with that!

Jo So is Disc 12 harder than disc 9??

Kim

Kim, that move up to 70% was felt...maybe that's why I was feeling tired! So yeah, you're doing the same reps as before but with that little bit of extra weight. I also thought about it today and I ate too late last night and that often affects my workouts! I also think the sequence of the exercises got me too. So is it harder than 9; based on today I'd say yes, but it's probably about the same (its definitely not easier!). I'll do better next week which is why we're doing this rotation!!! Right??? :D:D:D

I will add...moving up to 70% and struggling a little made me concerned about Meso 2! Yikes! Oh and Kim, I know I've really been working really hard on perfecting my form so I think I'm pushing myself really hard!

I didn't answer your question at all did it? But it helped me think about it!

Jo :D;):D;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.