6 Monthers, STS, TGIF

banslug

Cathlete
Hi everybody! Yet again, I was MIA yesterday. SORRY! :(

But I'm here today, ready to kick the weekend into high gear. Can I just say that I DO NOT LIKE recovery weeks? lol They make me feel lazy and as if I have no goal in sight. I'm anxious to start Meso 2 on Sunday. Today I'm going to print off my workout cards for M2, W1 and make sure I have all the stuff I need. I believe I'm going to use my Olympic barbell for the bench presses, for a few reasons. First, and most importantly, it fits/sits much better on my bench press than my standard (and shorter) barbell. We'll see.

ANYWAY......

.....this morning, I was up the earliest I've been all week..5am. I did Low Max and loved every second of it.

I'll be back after the kiddos get on the bus. I promise not to go missing in action any more! PROMISE!

What are your weekend plans? WE don't have anything on the calendar other than baseball practice, so we'll see how it plays out!

Gayle

Good morning everyone! I'm in a good mood as I'm on holidays until Arpil 6th! The kids still have school today and then they have spring break.
Even though it doesn't look much like spring around here :rolleyes: Yesterday was 4DS kickboxing and Cathe's cardio quick fix. I have one week left of MESO1, going to start today with cardio so I can get the last week in before we leave on holidays.

Gayle I was MIA yesterday as well, it's okay to miss the odd day we all have busy days and kids that actually want the computer sometimes:rolleyes: How can you feel lazy doing LowMax? That's great that you enjoy STS so much that you are anxious to get back to it!

Jo Careful with that ankle! I do feel sorry for you! Does the running bother the ankle? Enjoy that well deserved recovery week!

Chrissy I enjoy Cathe's older step tapes, have you decided what you will order? I have all Cathe's workouts but some of the older ones like BootCamp are on tape so thinking of getting a dvd copy. Don't skip the recovery week! I'm sure Cathe knows what she is doing putting it in there!

Maggie Like you I found disc 12 a little easier that disc 9! I really enjoy this weeks discs and am looking forward to doing them one more t ime

May LOL on you taking to Coach Sean! I can just imagine what you were saying.

Busy day, with errands, workouts, dr's appts, babysitting nephews so better get going
Kim

Good Morning!
I did CC6 today for the first time and really liked it! The length is perfect. I planned to do CC7 today but ran a few minutes short on time. CC6 fit the bill!

I am OFFICIALLY DONE with MESO 1! Rest day tomorrow and recovery starts Sunday! WHOOHOO!

Off to the shower!

Jo (feeling happy!) :p:p:D:D:D:D

Hi Everybody!

I just finished disk 12! Man, those bonus legs sure burned me! I'm gonna feel it tomorrow, I'm sure! I'm planning on doing a CC workout tomorrow, and then some abs.

I have a crazy weekend ahead of me with lots of time out of the house. I'm a home body so I'm going to be noticing the lack of down time...

Chrissy, another vote for don't skip your recovery week! I am looking forward to it, but will have to wait one more week... Let us know how you will keep active during recovery....

Mary, I had to laugh at you talking to your cardio coach on the tredmill...
Don't worry about the doms in the armpits/wings, you can feel it but it's nothing as bad as the doms after leg workouts! At least for me.:)

Julie, I'm sure the STS cardio will help you lower your body fat, if you have been on a plateau, it should definitely kick you off of it! My most stubborn area is the lower abs area and I'm hoping that the lower body fat will change that! I'm doing my measurements for the month tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some good results to share, like you with your inch loss at the waist! Congrats!

Jo, I'm sorry to hear about your foot, but glad that you know what to do about it and that it's not going to keep you off your feet! When I did disk 12 today, I could really tell that the increased weights affected my lower back. That means I need to be even more careful about form. I'll do some heating pad and advil today to help it get well, it's not too bad, but I know to be careful, I have been doing this long enough now to recognize the signs and know what to do about it so it doesn't escalate... And yes, please, I would love to see a sample menu from you, but no rush, do it when you have a little extra time. I'm sorry you lost the typed menu yesterday!

Have a good weekend, all!

Hi Everybody,

I did Disc 9 this morning followed by Pilates Abs followed by the stretch with the ball. Afterwards I went to the grocery store, came home & made baked beans that my DH volunteered me to cook for a retirement party for one of his co-workers today. I throw in a lot of goodies in my baked beans that my DH absolutely loves, so he feels an obligation to volunteer me every time there's a party!

Disc 9 pretty much followed the same format as the previous discs except for that bonus segment at the end. The leg segment with the paper plates really had us going. We usually try to keep our potty mouths in check, but it just wasn't happening today :eek::eek:. How did you like the workout Julie?? If these workouts don't lift our tush, I don't know what will :eek:.

Gayle-Low Max is a really fun workout. Did you actually take an earlier suggestion someone made, and hold an 8# medicine ball while doing the blasts :confused::confused:. That just might take the fun factor out of that workout!! I may just give it a try next time if I'm really feeling energized!

Kim-How fun that you are starting the spring break holiday next week. Are you going away, or sticking close to home? Vacation is such a great time to recharge! I'm not feeling so caged right now because the weather is starting to improve, and my gardens are showing signs of life (that always lifts my spirit). I will take Toby for a walk after the beans are done cooking. He heard me say "walk" when I got home this morning, and he has been sticking to me like glue!!

Jo-I have the same question as Kim, doesn't the running bother your toe/foot? It must not if you did CCV6 today. I'm anxious to hear your followup after you do CCV7. That workout kicked me in the you know what!! It sounds as though you are an advanced runner, so you probably won't have any problem at all!!

Cendrine-I'm a home body too. A fun weekend for me is good company, good food and sitting out on the deck in the spring enjoying the view. We have 4 acres and a pond in the back of our property. In the early evening we have deer that come and drink from the pond. It is very peaceful! It won't be long now..

We have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow. We plan on cooking out, so I will have chicken & veggies on the grill and a salad. I'll add something else to the mix, just not sure what yet. I might throw in a dessert, but I've been doing sooooo good with my eating, that I don't want to be tempted with the goodies (I may just have to try Jo's chocolate mint dessert this weekend :p).

JUST A REMINDER that some of us still have a ways to go before the end of MESO 1. Is the highlighting in red with the WOOOHOOO's actually necessary :p. It's just rubbing salt into the wound (Just kidding, sortof!!!). Enjoy the rest week, it's well deserved!

Well I just heard the oven beep, so I need to take the beans out and take our walk. I will CBL after others have posted. Have a wonderful day!

Mary

Hello Ladies!! I just completed disc 9 today! It was my first go around and for the most part I was able to stick with it. I am only using weights for some exercises. Even though I can not do every rep for every exercise I do feel that I am making gains. DD is home sick today. Going to eat and then pick up DS.

Love handles... as thin as I am I have them. How can I get rid of them?

Going to eat my tilapia.

julie

Hello Girls! :D
Gayle, I can feel your excitement about Meso2! Whoohoo (oops did Mary see that?) :p Yeah on Low Max; that's my favorite low impact step! It's a doozy! :D

Kim, I hope you have a great week with spring break! The kids must be really excited! Do you still have snow? One more week to go for you too on Meso 1 right? :D

Regarding CC - I do it on my spinning bike, I'm not running....no, no, no!!! I love to spin. I did use to be a runner but because of my foot and a knee injury I can only run once in a while. I found spinning to be every bit as good as running and a good fallback if I can't step. Spinning for me is like Imax 3 on steroids! (What does that tell you??) But as we all know, you can make it as hard or as easy as you want! One thing (and I know this sounds crazy) :eek: but spinning with CC, I can spin and close my eyes and just really get into it! (Can't close my eyes running!) :D

Cendrine, be careful with your back! Yes, I think we all know the importance of good form! I was also going to tell you that my goal was to get to 18% BF. I'm at about 21% right now. I've been at 18 before but body seems happiest with m&m's, a few snicker bars thrown in and 21% BF. I'm actually going to do my measurements, weight and BF this weekend; I've been waiting to complete Meso 1.

Mary, I love baked beans! I love any beans, I'm a bean lover! I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this:

JUST A REMINDER that some of us still have a ways to go before the end of MESO 1. Is the highlighting in red with the WOOOHOOO's actually necessary :p. It's just rubbing salt into the wound (Just kidding, sortof!!!). Enjoy the rest week, it's well deserved!

Not sure what you were talking about there but...golly! :eek: Also, I think you should make the chocolate mint dessert! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY! Everyone will think you're a star!

Julie, oohhh...the dreaded love handles. I have to say, clean eating and STS! :D

CBL, Jo

I was supposed to do chest today but ended up doing cardio instead. so I guess I'll finish up meso 1 tomorrow. I don't plan on skipping the rest week, I was just curious if anyone else was. It is going to be hard having to wait another week though :confused:!!!

Julie- I love tilapia-one of the few fish I can actually eat. Not a big seafood fan except for a few, tuna, shrimp and tilapia.

Mary- I know those bonus plate ham exercise were killers!! disc 9 nearly killed me the first time I did it, not so bad the 2nd. Now if I can just stop eating long enough to see that lifted tush......;)

Cedrine and Jo-I guess we will be starting meso 2 together. I have planned to do Imax 3, cardio kicks, and some running during my 'rest' week.

Kim- I am going to order the classics, step jam, heat and max. Do you have those? Do you like them?

Gayle- I'm so jealous you get to start meso 2 soon. I am itchin' to go, go, go!!!

Have a great night.
chrissy

Did get a 5mile run done on the tm this afternoon.:D

Cendrine Hope you enjoy your busy weekend! What are busy doing?

Mary It sounds like you have wonderful yard to relax in, hopefully the weather will allow you to enjoy it soon! The kids and I are just hanging out until Wednesday and then on Thursday, the kids go to Grandma's house and DH and I are flying to Vegas for 3 nights. The Vegas trip is a 40th birthday present for the two of us. We're driving down to the USA to catch a cheap flight out of Grand Forks, but they are having flooding problems so hopefully we're able to go. We took the kids on a big trip in Dec (Disney cruise) so don't feel guilty leaving them behind.

Soon2Bfit Hope your ds is feeling better soon!

Jo, Lots of snow still here! We just had a three day winter storm this week (not a blizzard a winter storm :rolleyes:) No sign of spring anywhere yet. Spring break should really be in May. Oh yes, I remember now that you spin. Have you ever considered having the pin removed from your foot? I've had a few of patients have their hardware removed lately and are much happier.

Chrissy I do have all those dvds, to tell you the truth the all kind of blend together but definitely fun options for the occasional workout.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, tomorrow morning will be disc #9 for the second time.
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.