6 Monthers, STS, Sunny Sunday

banslug

Cathlete
FINALLY, the sun is out here in PA...but only for today. Forecast shows more rain this coming week. Temps are supposed to hit mid 60s today, so I want to get the kids outside. I'd like to treat them to Rita's Italian Ice, so we're going to walk there (it's about 2 miles one way) and back. Make them burn off the ice they eat! LOL (I'll have NONE, thank you very much!)

OK...Sunday. How is your weekend going so far?

Chrissy, I checked out that Body Bugg. I thought about wearing my HRM all day and night, just out of curiosity to see how many calories I'd burn throughout an entire day. :)

Cendrine-I did check out the Olive Garden's nutritional info on their site. My biggest fear, though, is that I just don't KNOW for SURE how their stuff is prepared. I'm so anal, yes, I know. I can ASk for grilled chicken with no oil or butter, but a lot of places actually have the chicken MARINATING in some kind of oil-based marinade and I avoid that. But it worked out well last night because I stood my ground and came out VICTORIOUS!

WORKOUT is DONE! I did the repeat of Disc 13 Chest, Sh and Tris. Not sure what it was today, but the tri-set of overhead tri extensions with the incline on the ball......WOW! I had to assist the last half of all 3 sets! What's with that??? I'm toast! lol But feel great!

On today's agenda....I need to make a trip to the grocery store sometime, so I may try to get there early so it's done and out of the way. Then we'll hang around home, go for that walk, and pretty much just enjoy the day!!!

BBL

Gayle

Hi Gayle and all to come!

today is rest day for me. Yesterday, after doing my ccv4, we ended up going on a bikeride as a family. It was very nice, but I definitely am resting today.

I still have to get my son's star of the week poster done (have you noticed how the homework for little guys always ends up being homework for the parent?:confused:

Then we have to come up for an idea for a hat for my son's spring parade... More work!

I was shopping at Whole Foods yesterday and found some Tempeh, I love that stuff! Do any of you know if that is actually considered a passing grade on the clean eating scale? I know it can't be an A, because it is processed some, but it seems to me it is still pretty clean. (Just soynuts cultured in some rice culture, and maybe some added veggies or flax or what not, depending on the type)

Jo, I had a salmon patty from Costco for lunch yesterday! I loved it! It is easier to make than the fillets, although I love those too, but it sure is easy and quick for a lunch!

Gayle, sometimes I wonder about how they really prepare stuff, too, at restaurants, even after you tell them how you want it. I'm a bit more lenient in restaurants, especially with the marinade, although I don't know if it's a good oil they use for it. I figured if I can stay within calorie range and have the most part of it clean, then that's ok with me. But I can get picky with other things. Poor husband has cut down on desserts because I don't join him....
We had to fill my son's estimation jar for school with something. I let my husband choose, because I knew he would be eating the rest.... He picked dark chocolate covered almonds....That is a pretty healthy choice for him! I had one!... MMMMmmmmmm.
Other than that, I have been eating clean the whole week, and in addition have completed my first week of no simple or complex carbs for meals 3-5. It was easier than I thought. I'm going to experiment this way for three more weeks, which is when my monthly measuring is and see what the verdict is....

Thanks you all for helping motivate me to stay clean by doing it yourelves! You guys are great!

Good Morning All You 6 Monthers!

Just heard on the forecast that there is a winter weather advisory out for tonight, with 5-8 inches of snow expected :mad::mad:. Yesterday was in the 60's. Go Figure!!!!!!

I just finished the CCV6 workout and No Equipment Abs. I was viewing Meso 2 while I was on the
treadmill, and I definitely need to get a rack for the chest pressess. Do all of you Meso 2 gals have a rack?? I was holding off on purchasing one, waiting for Cathe's to be approved, but not sure if it will be available in the 3 weeks I start Disc 13. Decisions, decisions.

Well, I lost my gym membership pass again, so I'm going to head over to the gym this afternoon and get a new picture taken. I think I've lost about 5 cards along the way, and at $10.00 a shot, you'd think I would learn. I keep my pass in my car, and in my cleaning frenzy, I'm sure I throw it out with the other trash without even thinking :confused::confused:.

I'm in a little bit of a fog this morning, can't quite figure it out. It could be because I ate like crap yesterday
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
. There was no excuse on my part, I just did it. I some how "SHUSHED" the "We Can Do It" voice temporarily, but I am back to a healthy week. I've made a promise to myself that I would prepare and eat healthy foods for the next week. I went to Sams and picked up salmon and tilipia, and lots of healthy fruits & veggies. I cooked up some of the tilipia this morning to take to work this week. Frankly, I'm ashamed of myself. I usually don't beat myself up over a bad day, but with all of you sticking to a food plan, I feel that I've let you down in a way. I will be better, yes I will!!!!!!

I need to take a shower and run a few errands, so I will CBL for personals. I will be in a better frame of mind when I check back. YES I WILL.......Enjoy your afternoon everybody!!!!

Good Morning All!
I'm finishing my coffee and on my way to start Disc 13! WHOOOHOOOO!!! MESO 2 HERE I COME!!!!
Where are ya Chrissy? Are you doing it with me? :eek::eek:

Gayle, we must be in parallel universes! The sun is finally out in Seattle as well and supposed to be in the mid 60's! So later this afternoon we'll be walking on the trail!

Cendrine, aren't those patties great? And very economical! What is tempeh? I've never heard of it.

Okay, I'll check back with all of you later and tell you about the weekend with DH birthday! (My refrigerator was a nice conversation piece!) I'm anxious to go do my workout! I'm excited like I was for Meso 1!

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE! SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!

Jo

Well I just completed disc 13. I had some issues with the squat rack/chest press. I think it will go smoother next time. I also think my weight was a little too heavy for me. I tried to squeak out another rep for the press and I couldn't rack it. So I had to roll the bar down off my body. My 'girls' (34D) were not very happy with that. I think since I will not have a spotter I have to stop before failure. Gayle, what did you do? I thought I would feel a little more fatigued than I do. I hope I get DOMS-at least in the chest and shoulders. With only doing pushups in meso 1 my chest never really got sore-just my lats, and my shoulders never get sore :(-don't know why that is. Is it weird I am looking forward to DOMS!?.

So Jo what did you think? I definitely liked the longer rest period and working each muscle group separately.

Mary- I hate when I misplace things? I do it all the time, especially my kids school papers that have to be signed and sent back to school. I am not very organized. My gym actually has a card that goes on my key ring. It works great. I don't have to worry about losing it- and if I did lose my keys, my gym card would be the least of my worries :p. Sorry to hear about the weather coming. I am so looking foward to the warm weather and feeling the heat on my face. It is nice here today- about 62 degrees, but I think we are getting rain tomorrow.

Cendrine- I don't know what tempeh is either.
I'm like you, I'm a bit more lienient eating out also. I don't worry too much if a piece of grilled chicken at a restaurant is marinated in oil. I figure if I am ordering grilled chicken and veggies eating out, that is a HUGE accomplishment for me. If I am avoiding the hamburger and fries or some cheesy pasta dish and bread that is good enough for me!! BTW sorry- I think I have been spelling your name wrong-:eek:.

I agree with everyone here, this posting/reading on this check in is helping me with food. I had a great week and actually lost 3 lbs. :eek:. Now I just have to keep going.

Signing off for now.
Have a great sunday. chrissy

Hi guys,

I'm all set for mes 2, even though I have my active recovery week still ahead of me...:) I checked my 1 RMs and printed my cards, I got the Epsom salt and I have every thing I need, I think. I keep gearing up in my mind to do weights tomorrow and then remember: hold on, it's not time yet....

Mary, I officially declare you pardoned! We all (or maybe I should speak for myself) eat not according to plan, from what I can tell you did well all week, so don't beat yourself up, in the big picture it won't make a difference as long as you do what you just did, snap back out and take action to be on a plan again right away. (that is where I have to be super disciplined, in the past I would just let one bad day melt into another and another....) Not going there anymore, hopefully!

Jo and Chrissy, here's a blurb I found online about Tempeh:

Tempeh
Ingredients: Organically grown soybeans, filtered water, organic apple cider vinegar, tempeh culture.

Nutritional Information

Serving Size 4oz
Amount Per Serving
Total Calories 213 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 1g 7%
+ Trans Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 33mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Sugars 0g 0%
Protein 23g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcum 8% Iron 13%

They sell it in the tofu section of Whole Foods (I wonder if Trader Joes has it too)
The way it was served in the restaurant was like a burger. On the packet I got from the store it says to fry it in garlic, coriander and soysauce with oil or butter. I left out the butter and oil and just did the extra spices (it doesn't get as crispy this way, but it is also healthier that way) I served it with veggies. It is a really fun, grainy nutty kind of texture!

I'm not planning on getting a squat rack or a thing for chest presses. I don't know if I'll continue thinking this way, but for now I feel like what I can do without a rack is great and leave it at that. I may change my mind eventually but for now I'm going to just stay at a level of weight lifting where I don't need to get racks...

Hi everybody!

I just finished printing my workout card for the start of week 1 with Disc 10-12. I can see the finish line just ahead!!! Are you still with me Julie??? I'll be like most of you in your recovery week, itching to start the next Meso. I don't think I've ever gone a week without lifting, what am I going to do??????

Cendrine-Thanks for the encouraging words and the pardon. You and the others seem to have such control with your eating. I struggle so much on the weekends, allowing myself a free-for-all day, usually using company as the excuse :eek:. Then it takes 3-4 days to see my body get back to where is was before I had the eating frenzy. It's ridiculous that I work my butt off with the heavy lifting, and heart pounding cardio, and ruin the hard work with 1 day of gluttony!!!!! I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT... Changing subjects, I did have to chuckle when you were talking about your son spending the night in your home made tent. That brought back so many great memories of when we did that with our son. Those are precious memories that I will always cherish, as I'm sure you will also!!

Gayle-You sound like you have a lot of fun friends to do things with. A night out at the State Theater sounds right up my alley! Our outdoor concert schedule has just been posted, and we try to get a group together for 1 or 2 concerts during the summer. Last year we saw Chicago, The Doobie Brothers and Steve Miller. It's just a fun way to spend an evening with good friends! I think you deserve
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
for not eating any of the pizza at Pizza Hut. Are your friends supportive of your clean eating, or do they throw in a jab every now and then??

Jo-Can't wait to hear about DH's Birthday party and your review of Disc 13. I'm sure you had a Blast with your friends!!! This must be the year for appliances going bad. Our extra freezer in the basement gave out earlier this year, so we bought a replacement. In the process of getting this full-size contraption down the basement stairs, my DH ended up getting pinned against the wall at the end of the stairs. I'm sure if it hadn't been for working out with Cathe, I would never have been able to find the strength to get the thing off of him (YIKES!!!!)

Chrissy- I'm sure next week you will have worked out the slight glitches you had with Disc 13. I might hold off on buying a rack, so I may have to roll the bar down my body also. I will not have the same issue of the "girls" getting in the way though
icon9.gif
icon9.gif
. That's the first place on my body that I lose weight. Hopefully you can get back into the CC workouts when your calf heals. I just started the CC's about 3 weeks ago, and am totally addicted. I have been working on getting my speed up with the challenges, so I have not been using the incline as much as I probably should. Gives me something to work towards!!! Congrats on the 3# weight loss (I think I found it on my hips, thank you very much!!!!:p)

Tracy-Glad to hear your son is doing better. Thank goodness my family has avoided the "stuff" going around lately. My son had flu like symtoms last year that held on for about 2 weeks. I finally took him to the doctor and found out he had monu. Now everytime he gets a cold or is feeling especially tired, I become "frantic mom".

HI TO EVERYBODY ELSE THAT POSTS TONIGHT!!

Well it's getting close to bedtime. So I will sign off for today. For those that are in their rest week, ENJOY! For those that are in MESO 2 (WORK HARD)!

Mary

Hi everybody! Sorry, I meant to get back here during the day, but the day just got away from us. I went for groceries while my mom took the boys shopping for some Easter gifts. Then I took the boys, plus one of their friends, for a nice walk to the Rita's for italian ices (do you ladies have Rita's around you?). It was awesome! The walk was between 3 and 4 miles...I was going to wear my running GPS but the battery was dead. lol The kids each had their treat, and I stuck with the teeny tiny sample serving they gave of their newest flavor. Came home, did some yard work and some scrapbooking, made dinner, and before I knew it, I was tucking the kids in bed. It was a great day.

Mary, pardoned, indeed. But I understand what you said about it taking 3-4 days to get back to where you were......all that for ONE STINKIN' day! And THAT is the thought that has kept me on the straight and narrow this weekend. That exact thought. Tomorrow is a new day, my dear!

OK....kids are in bed and I'm going to check my iPod so it's ready for tomorrow morning. I'm planning an iTread workout and abs ala Cathe, in the early AM.

'Night, and I'll 'see' you all tomorrow!

Gayle

Hi Girls! My company just left and so I can finally give you my update:

OH MY GAWD! :D Okay, let me explain that outburst! First of all I did the whole Disc 13 matching every one of my 1RM’s and all the reps. I pushed really hard. I struggled getting my hair washed afterwards so I’m concerned I may need to wear a hat to work tomorrow as I don’t know I’ll be able to get my arms over my head. While putting on my makeup, I had to sit on the counter and rest my elbow on my knee to get my mascara on! With that said, I do better with this pace of lifting as I need the longer rest breaks (which is why I struggled with the shoulder tri sets in Meso 1). I am going to love this Meso (I said that about 1 also and will probably say that about 3!). You will all enjoy the change of pace!

Chrissy, regarding the chest presses. I struggled and will definitely have to move to our squat rack next week. Like you, I had to roll over my girls on the last set which wasn’t good! (So I was laughing when you wrote that – we’re the exact same size! :p) The other option is to have DH spot me. To accomplish using the squat rack, I will have to put STS in my laptop, go downstairs and use the squat rack for chest and then come back upstairs to do the rest. I could actually do them all where the squat rack is but then I have to do the entire workout on my laptop. I’ll probably have to do this for Meso 3 but until then…

Oh another note…I felt very strong today and I know this is because of having that recovery week so believe me it’s worth it! I can’t wait now for the rest of you to join Gayle, Chrissy and I in Meso 2! (It won’t be long though!). Can you guys believe how long we’ve been checking in together now? (What happened to Belinda?)

Alright – except for the pomegranate martini Friday night, I was EXCELLENT! We fixed lean NY steaks, broiled asparagus and these potatoes my girlfriend makes (I had about 3 ounces but no butter or anything. Oh and we had salmon bruscetta (sp) for an appetizer. Everyone at the party pretty much likes to eat healthy so I fixed a very healthy meal. We had wine but I didn’t have any. DH had a great time! We had balloons, a banner and lots of gag gifts! He was thrilled even though he hates being the center of attention! For dessert we had cheesecake from Trader Joe’s which his favorite dessert is. I hate cheesecake so didn’t have any.

I have to run an errand but will be back. :D

Jo

Last edited:
we're home from Vegas. Had a good time:D:D. Now time to get back on track. I was noticing with the eating out the last couple of days, how little I can eat of restaurant food, it's all so heavy that one meal a day is enough.

I had terrible DOMS in my legs heading down on Thursday ( day after disc 12) and then we walked for miles and my legs were so sore!!!!

Will try and catch up over the week! Kim

Okay, so the other thing I wanted to post was this. I redid my body fat and measurements today before starting Meso 2. While my measurements were the same as last week, my BF was 21.5% when last week it was 20.4%. I use an Omron for measuring and to my horror, it was set at the wrong weight! (Oh well) So I guess I am actually starting at 21.5% now when that’s where I thought I was at the beginning of Meso 1. So who knows what it was. Well no matter, as I had posted earlier this week or last, Meso 2 and 3 was when I was really cleaning up my diet anyway. The problem is, I have farther to go to get to that 18%! :eek:

Cendrine, that tempeh sounds interesting. I have a Whole Foods nearby so I think I’ll go check it out! Also, I think once you do the chest work you can decide if you want to do something different or not. It will help if you have someone to spot you unless you decide to stay at a specific weight. I really just needed help or different option for the flat bench work (for now anyway).

Mary, YIKES on pinning your husband with the freezer! YEAH for being a strong girl! I wanted to wait to buy the Cathe tower so I can keep it upstairs...but I do have my other option. It's just not very convenient. Is your pass card the size of your drivers license so you could keep it with your license and credit cards? I keep losing my card key into the office - they are annoyed with me.

Kim, WELCOME BACK! WE MISSED YOU! :D:D

Gayle, have a great workout in the morning…I haven’t done iTread – would us newbie CC girls like that? (NO, don’t tell me!)

Hello Tracy, Maggie, Julie, and hope I didn’t miss anyone! Have a great day tomorrow! :D

You all inspire me! :p:D:p:D

Jo

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.