6 monthers, STS, Sunday

cb1924

Cathlete
Good Morning All.

I am going to start my workout now. Just thought I would get us started first. I decided to have my cup of coffee before I started.

Anyone have any plans for Father's Day? I am going to my parents house for breakfast. Then don't really have any other plans. My husband is at the race track today. Not really sure when he will be home. It depends on 1. the weather (he's in NJ so just as much rain as we have) and 2. how well he does- if he advances.

I will probably just clean the house today. So fun :confused:!

We are heading into the kids last week of school. They are excited. On friday we leave to go camping for the weekend. I just hope we get some decent weather. Camping in the rain sucks!

Jo-thanks for the book advice. I think maybe I'll try one of the Steven King books first.

Gayle- how are your feet doing?

BBL
chrissy

I am back. SBT done. Felt soooo strong on this one. I was able to lift my target and even go higher for a couple of exercises. :) Because of kids schedule, rain cancellations, and trying to work in my training session, I am on week 3 for SBT. But only week 2 for the rest of meso3. I was going to repeat week2 for SBT but decided not to. The house is still quiet. Boys are upstairs playing their DS's. So I am eating a bowl of fiber one.

Kim- It seems like just a couple of weeks ago it was snowing there and now you have 80 degree weather. So jealous. Its another rainy day here on long island.

Rachel- Hugh Jackman is a beautiful man. I am so turned off by Brad Pitt these days I can't even watch one of his movies. Thanks for the long post-:p

Gayle - 30 miles that is awesome. How are you feeling this morning? You are probably still in bed.

Cendrine- how was your breakfast? and more importantly how are you legs doing. You did squat rack legs today. I printed my card for tomorrow and when you lift heavier 5% increase is alot. I am used to seeing 1/2-2 lbs increases but for legs its 5-7 lbs. Wow. I am worried about tomorrow. :confused:

Good Morning to all that follow-Mary, Tracy and Julie.
chrissy

Urgggg.
I just wrote a really long post and then when I went to post there was no option at the bottom to post reply...???
So now I have no time ,I will catch up later!
Rachel

Good morning, gals!!!!!

I'm here, with wobbly arms. I just finished disc 34 Chest & Back. Feeling great already. I did sleep in till about 7:30ish but then I immediately hit the basement before ANY thought of waiting crossed my mind! LOL Mom and I got home at midnight (from Bunco) last night, so I wasn't sure how late I'd sleep. :)

Today's plan.....quiet morning with some laundry. S has a basketball game at 1, and then we're all coming back here for a quick grill dinner before some head out to take sis to the airport to go back home.

I'll BBL, kids are upstairs and bouncing around. I'll get them breakfast and shower, start the laundry, then come check on you guys!

Gayle

Good Morning All,
Just got up and am having my coffee (Montana Grizzly Bear!)...I just wanted to check and see if Gayle had anything to say about Disc 34 as I'm off to do that (after I get the coffee down)! Can't believe we're heading into the home stretch on Meso 3! Beginning this week 4 feels like it's the last day of vacation when you've been having the time of your life!

BBL!

Last edited:
Hey, Jo! Disc 34 was great, and actually a bit easier. Guess the 5% method worked for me! ;) ENJOY the workout, and I can't wait to hear YOUR take on the slightly lighter weights with 8 reps!

Gayle

Ok I am back to try it again.
It is going to be a pretty quiet day for me other than all the chores I need to catch up on for the week. But I thought I was going to be busier than I am. I only have one recipe to prepare for the weeks food because I still have some stock in the freezer. but I like to have a little bit of an option so I like to have several different things made up so I do not get burned out on the same stuff.
Today I am tryin a clean eating mag freezable chicken quesadilla<---I hope I am not repeating myself. Due to losing my post this morning I am not sure if that was in this mornings post or last nights:eek:. I eat a ton of blueberries and still have the memory retention of a knat:p.

I think my dad is fishing with my bro all day so I am not on dad duty but dh is going over to grill with his dad tonight so I will have some me time...Yeah I do not get much of that since dh and I work together!

Chrissy-HOw is your prep work going for your walk in October?
You don't miss a lick do ya...Sometimes my dh feels like a ds if you know what I mean:p

Cendrine- How was the Chicken Tetrazzini...Did you change anything? I seem to always change something. I can never leave a recipe as written unless I am baking. I am no good at knowing the ratio for baking powder to soda and flour. I wished I had paid more attention in Home Ec. Did yall have that in school?
I do plyo legs 29 leg tomorrow and I hope I get the same results as last weeks disc 27. Bring on thos doms.:D
I was also wondering if you have any good cold lunch ideas? I am sandwiched out and then I turn to variations of cottage cheese but I am always searching for something new and healthy and sustaining.

Jo-Montana Grizzly Bear...You or the Coffee?:p
If I knew how to post pics I would post one of my big water bazookas. :p I think I tend to tone up and gain good def in my upper body fairly quickly. But the lower body is slow to come around. I don't know why that is. The body will always be a mystery for me I guess.
Now as far as movies go I am right there with you on all of those but I am embarrassed to admit I love a good cheesy movie like...Dirty Dancing! I think I have watched that movie a hundred times in bits and pieces. I like a good tear jerker too like Terms of Endearment with Jack nicholson:cool: and Shirley Mclaine. There is one other one too that I can not remember the title but it has rene Zelweger and Meril Streep and William Hurt. Do you know that one. I am having a brain fart. Oh well you get the pic. Don't tell him I told you either but DH likes a good romantic comedy too:eek:

Gayle-You Rock! 30 miles and still up to do STS. You are the epitamy of the energizer bunny minus the fur and the tail:p.

Kim, Julie , Mary I hope I did not forget someone again:eek:, Have a great day!

Rachel

Well, Disc 34 was great! I am stronger! It wasn't that easy for me but I completed all reps and feel like a million bucks! YIPPEEE!!!!

Rachel, I LOVE DIRTY DANCING! When we flip through the TV channels and it's on, DH quickly tries to divert my attention!. Yep, I've seen that about 100 times too! We definitely need to see a picture of your big water bazookas! It's a MUST SEE! :eek: Oh...though it was the coffee that was Montana Grizzly Bear...I woke up a little grizzly today!

I also wanted to add that my butt hurts way up high from plyo legs and I don't know why...but I LIKE IT! (That was two days ago!)

Hi Guys,

We went on a bike ride as a family yesterday. The first half hour was hills and then of course coming back was not so tough. So I count it as a half hour cardio. It was fun!

Chrissy, the breakfast started out ok, I ordered the eggwhite omelette as planned, but then they served it with potatoes instead of fruit (did I forget to order that on purpose or was it their fault?) I don't, know, but I ate the potatoes....:( I don't know about you guys, as much as I tell myself to just get up and go strong for the next meal, sometimes there is just something magic about monday mornings and starting strong again.... I don't know how today will go eating wise, since dh may want to go out for a treat for Father's day. I decided to let him decide and join in and then gear up for the rest of meso 3 starting tomorrow. Where did all my willpower go?

But on a better note, I just finished squat rack legs! I did abour a minute and a half of abs inbetween each set and felt it was a good workout! I wonder if I'll be sore. I'm glad my legs were recovered enough today to do it. I like to stay on track with my workouts.
After posting I am going to get my week 2 workout cards ready.

Rachel, I haven't done the chicken yet, just mentioned that that was planned for this coming weeks menu, (I shop on Fridays for the whole week) I'll let you know when I make it.

Gayle, great pictures, you are amazing, walking so much on top of your regular workouts! How are you feeling?

Hi Kim, Mary, Tracey, and Jo!

Hi Cendrine! Your bike ride with the kids sound fun!

I hear your disappointed in your eating but it's okay! You're not being that bad! Sometimes being a little bad is good for the metabolism and throws a wrench it the mix! What matters is that you get back on the wagon and don't start doing it every day. Don't beat yourself up! Enjoy your time with the family and indulge a little!

Gayle, thanks for sharing the pics. How nice that the whole family participated! You sure look like your mom!

Just finished disc #28, the weights felt just right!

Tired and sunburned after spending so much time outside the weekend. It was hard work manning the water station:confused::confused: Can't complain when you watch the runners. It was so hot for running a marathon. DH is really disappointed in his time. He ran by our water station at 12.5 miles at only 1 hr 30 mins and he felt and looked great. His Boston qualifying time of 3:20 looked in his reach and then the heat got to him and he started feeling sick at mile 16. He said he almost withdrew at mile 20 which he has never done before:confused: He finished around 3:50 his slowest time ever and he feels very sick. He's been lying in bed even since we got home.

DS was so excited that he provided water to the leader who eventually won the race. Two Kenyan runners flew in and came 1st and 2nd. The hometown favourite, who is training for the Canadian Olympic team, usually comes first back had to settle for 3rd.

Cendrine Thanks for the compliments on my kiddos! I think they're pretty cute.:D

Oh Kim, I'm sorry about DH! Besides feeling sick, it must be a huge disappointment! Hope he recovers quickly! On the bright side, glad DS got to help the winner! He'll remember that! :D

Glad you had a good workout today! Isn't it nice when the weights just work? :)

Well my daughterly duties are over...I don't mean to make it sound like a chore but sometimes with my family it is.:p

Now I am relaxing all by myself while dh is off doing his sonly duties.
Today has went by quite nice for me. I have got all my laundry done including all the bedding and quiet a few lunches prepared. I used the leftover black beans and spinach from the quesadillas to make a spread with some low fat cream cheese and laughing cow cheese for some rollups tomorrow and probably the next day too.

I think if I did not have this forum I would have never started preparing my meals like this and then on those long days when I get home at almost 7 I would end up going to bed hungry or eting something quick and you all know that just spells disaster! Even though I think I talk about food more than anyone on here, I think with all Gayles posting of her meal plans and Jo's optimism and Cendrines great recipes I am so inspired I just can't help but think ahead!

Since I am alone tonight everything is going on the grill. It is going to be a beef tenderloin (which I hardly ever do) grilled onions, tomatoes and mushrooms....YUM. Clean up will be a snap.

Cendrine-I hope you are not beating yourself up too much. I know the more I do that the more I cheat. I think it is a vicious cycle our mind gets in and until we quit concentrating on how bad we are being we can not quit thinking about it. In turn the more you think about it the more you do it. Uhhgg! I feel your pain. But I know you wil snap out of it. Like Jo said, You probably are not even being that bad as far as other peoples standards are cocerned!

Kim-I hate that for your DH. I know when you set a goal for yourself and you do not reach it it is so disappointing! I am sure it was the heat thugh...esp. if it is not what he is used to! I hope you can cheer him up and I hope he gets to feelin better.

I am off to prep the food:eek: Yes I think it is always food with me!

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.