6 Monthers, STS, St Pat's Day

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning!

I have to make this super quick, but I wanted to get us started for the day!

I got up early again! WOO HOO! On a roll...it usually only takes me 2 days or so to get back into the early morning routine. Disc 11 is DONE! I just can't believe that I have ONE MORE DISC in this meso before Meso 1 is complete! HOLY MOLY, where did the time go???

I promise that I'll be back in a few hours. I've got to get the kids to school, we have 1/2 days today which means I don't work (I work PT at the schools during lunch, and there's no lunched on 1/2 days). But I'm cleaning a friend's house this AM as soon as the bus leaves. I'll be back after that to read the rest of yesterday's posts and see who's checked in here!!!

Have an awesome day! Happy St Pat's Day, if you 'celebrate' or if you're Irish!!!

Gayle

Happy St. Paddy's Day Everyone,

Unfortunately I forgot to wear my green today! I'm sure I'll hear about it from my co-workers. The staff is bringing in all sorts of goodies today for a lunch-hour celebration. I did write a menu of everything I was going to eat for the week and I brought today's menu with me for an incentive. Instead of sticking around for the party, I think I might go out on lunch and do a little shopping. The temps are getting into the low 70's today (YEAH), and I think mamma needs to go out and buy a new pair of summer shoes ;););).

I did Step Blast this morning. That disc always has a fun factor for me, so I was looking forward to starting my morning. I usually like to crank up the volume because the music on this workout really gets me going, but DH and son are sleeping when I work out, so have to keep the volume low. DH is working on a sinus/cold thing. Lot's of sniffing and coughing late last night. He wanted me to set the alarm this A.M. so he could go to the gym and take a spin class. I purposely did not set it because he really needed the extra sleep. I know he kept me up half the night. :mad::mad:

Welll, it's time for me to start work, so I'll check back later!!

Mary

Hi, Mary! I vote for the new pair of shoes (or whatever strikes you as you shop)! It will get you outside in the FRESH air and away from the temptations. I've been putting my little green post-it note with the day's menu up on my kitchen cabinet. I cross off the meals as they pass during the day. It's really helped with not having to THINK about what's to eat.

Step Blast. I LOVE that workout. Perhaps I'll add that in for next week's recovery week. Sounds like a plan!

Gayle

Good Morning! I am still resting this week, well at lease not working out. I did power 90 stretch x yesterday and it felt great. I am planning on doing that and yoga x all week.

Gayle are you going to share your results from meso 1!! i need some motivation to get better and get back on track by monday.

I have a confession to make, yesterday I ate CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be better with the clean eating today!

Good luck to everyone this morning.

julie

Hi All,

I'm not wearing green... I don't think I own a single green thing....:eek:
But my husband and my son are both wearing green. Does eating green count? Cause I'm gonna be eating some green today....:)

I love step blast , too! But today I did Imax2, I love that one just as much, and I finished off with bonus stability ball abs from butts and guts. It felt good, and I am feeling a bit more like myself again enegry wise, yeah!

Don't beat yourself up on the cheese... at least it packs some calcium!

Gayle, wanna come clean my house, too? I have a hard enough time keeping my house picked up let alone clean someone else's house....

Good job, everyone getting up early and working out! I find it so rewarding to have it all done and out of the way before most people even get up!

I'll be checking in again later to see how everyone else is doing!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Disc 11 for the first time today! It was good. I feel very worked out. One thing I've noticed as we work through these workouts is I'm better prepared as far as equipment and am able to keep up with the changes. This one wasn't that difficult from an equipment change perspective, but I just think I know what to expect and am more efficient.

Julie, hope you are getting better! I hear cheese is good for what ails you! It's like chicken soup! :p:p

Mary, in my opinion, life revolves arounds shoes! DO IT! :D

Cendrine, I have more green than I know what to do with! Yesterday I wore green as I had my days mixed up, but no worries, more green for today (including socks with turtles and frogs!)

Gotta go...the shower and work awaits me!

Jo :D:D

Ok Everybody,

The office party is in full swing, and someone brought 2 whip creme chocolate mousse pies with graham cracker crust. HAVE MERCY!!!

I think most of you are getting the jest that I have a sweet tooth problem. BUT I AM STANDING FIRM!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE WHEN I GET BACK FROM MY SHOPPING SPREE:p:p. Those pies better be eaten when I get back:confused::confused:

Mary

Gayle-you go woman!!!

QUOTED FROM GAYLE YESTERDAY: Jo, yes. Those drop sets KILLED me both last week and this week! My workout card said I was SUPPOSED to do the full sets with 27, 22 and 17#. lol LAST week, my first time thru that disc, I had to lower. However, THIS week (yesterday), I STAYED at those heavy weights and just did as many reps as I could (which was only 7 for the first 2 weights and then the full 12 for the 17#)! YIKES! :eek:

How the hell did you lift 27 lb DB over your head!?!??? I just did disc 10 and I was supposed to use 16, 13, and 10. By the time I got there I was only able to do 4 reps of 16 lbs, 3 of the 13's, so I went to 9 for the last set and was only able to squeak out 6. I guess I have really weak shoulders. I think I need to adjust my 1RM's:confused:

I also did SJP (step only premix) today. I love that. It is short so I boost up the height of my step.

have a great day everyone
chrissy

Mary, chocolate mousse pie, my goodness, I don't think I would want to set foot in that lounge! Pop a mint gum or something, when you get back, just in case there are leftovers, when I have brushed my teeth or have gum, it is much easier to stick with my resolve.... Good luck!

Hi ladies--typing with one hand--sleeping baby just handed over to me:).

I took an extra rest day yesterday for my back which feels much better. I'll probably walk on my treadmill for the rest of the week for cardio tho.

Just did disk 7 second time around. It went smoother this time and I was able to do a few more pushups on my toes.

Gayle--I agree with Chrissy--just wow on those shoulder drop set weights! You are strong!

Tracy--sorry about your son--sounds miserable:(. I think your progress will be fine. I feel really anal about staying on schedule for STS, but I just know that following six month rotation something is bound to come up and I'll have to adjust;)

Cendrine--I just did disk 7 again too and it killed me. I feel all rubbery now...

Jo--I love Rythmic Step--haven't done it forever because I only have it on video and not dvd--yet.

Mary--our neighborhood is mostly good--we just happen to have these troubled folks next door:confused::rolleyes:...did you get some new shoes?

Soon2bfit--sorry you still feel sick. A rest week sounds like a good idea under the circumstances.

Hi Chrissy, hi Belinda, hi Kim

Maggie:)

QUOTED FROM GAYLE YESTERDAY: Jo, yes. Those drop sets KILLED me both last week and this week! My workout card said I was SUPPOSED to do the full sets with 27, 22 and 17#. lol LAST week, my first time thru that disc, I had to lower. However, THIS week (yesterday), I STAYED at those heavy weights and just did as many reps as I could (which was only 7 for the first 2 weights and then the full 12 for the 17#)! YIKES! :eek:

How the hell did you lift 27 lb DB over your head!?!??? I just did disc 10 and I was supposed to use 16, 13, and 10. By the time I got there I was only able to do 4 reps of 16 lbs, 3 of the 13's, so I went to 9 for the last set and was only able to squeak out 6. I guess I have really weak shoulders. I think I need to adjust my 1RM's:confused:

chrissy

Chrissy, I'm totally LMAO! I read that too and went "what???? :confused:" I was suppose to do something like 17, 15 and 12 and I ended up doing 12, 10 and 8! I have chicken wings for arms but I aspire to be like GAYLE!!!! :p:D Actually I'm aspiring for a touch of definition regardless of HOW I get there! Watch out...here's some thumbs!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Jo

Hi guys!

WHEW, I made it through the day without indulging. I stuck to my planned menu
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. I didn't buy any shoes (yet), but I did see a really cute summer outfit. I plan on treating myself to the outfit if I stick to my eating plan for the whole week, and that includes going out on Saturday
icon4.gif
icon4.gif

Cendrine-Glad to hear you're feeling better today! When I get really hungry at work, I pop a fireball in my mouth. Not the best for the teeth, but it keeps my mouth busy for about 45 minutes. Thankfully, most of the goodies were wrapped up when I got back.

Chrissy-I'm not even going to look at my workout card for Disc 10. You guys are really scaring me with those dropsets. I love a good challenge, But..... I can't believe you are almost done with Meso I. Think of me still plugging away when you take your rest week.

Julie-Even though it's hard to take those unplanned breaks, your body is really thanking you. Yoga does wonderful things for us, enjoy!! Regarding the cheese, I have a small piece every day for my snack. I get the cabots 50% reduced fat cheese, and each serving is individually wrapped, so no cheating. I really like the taste, and it gets me through until lunchtime. I buy mine at Sams Club, and you get about 50-60 pieces of cheese in a package.

Jo-You're our green little leprechan today!! Sounds like you are really enjoying Disc 11. I do love feeling the workout the next day. I can't say that I have done a single workout that I haven't felt for 2 days afterwards. We are definitely doing something right. I also aspire to be like Gayle, she's my hero:D:D:D

Gayle-Hope you had a fantastic day off with the kids (except for the house cleaning). You have encouraged me to be strong this week, so I give you a big thumbs up
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
(I'm sorry, I'm being a brat again, I just can't help myself, they are so much fun to use!!!) I feel like Fonzee in Happy Days (please tell me you remember who that is).

Well, my work day is just about over, so I'm signing off. Remember to eat your GREEN VEGGIES TODAY IN HONOR OF PADDY
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Mary

Ladies, can I just tell you all HOW MUCH FUN I'm HAVING CHECKING IN WITH YOU ALL? LOL I get a laugh from some of you, inspiration from all of you, and tons of thumbs UP from Mary! LOL I'm still stuck using the smilies to my right:
:p;):D:eek::):(:confused::mad::rolleyes::cool::eek:

OK, a few quick comments. The day was GORGEOUS outside. I have red rosy slightly sun-burned cheeks to prove it. The kids came home from school (remember, a half day) and we had lunch. Then we laced up and went for a walk. We walked to our school, which is 3/4 of a mile from my house (I wore my running GPS one day to track it, lol) and visited the Book Fair and Art Show on display during this week's conferences. Then we walked a few more blocks up and I treated the kids to an ice pop at the corner market (I had NONE). Then we walked back home and stopped for hair cuts for the boys. Then dinner...they had homemade whole wheat Belgian waffles and bacon (doesn't that sound YUMMO? lol) and I had my big salad with a can of tuna and 1/2 whole wheat pita. Another YUMMO vote. In an hour, we're headed to our library, where a gal I went to grade school with is visiting to discuss her newly-released novel, Precious. Her name is Sandra Novack, in case any of you like to read. She'll be signing books, and I'm a HUGE reader so this really excites me! LOL

Chrissy, on the shoulder press drop sets. I've always loved working shoulders and legs. Always. They are my strongest body parts. But I have a really hard time whittling down the size of my upper legs. I'm built like an endurance athlete, that's for SURE! lol

Mary, KUDOS to you, girl, on standing your FIRM ground. The more you do that, the easier it gets. And, the folks around you will notice and perhaps (just MAYBE) will respect it more each time. Great job!

Jo, chicken wings or no. We're working hard, right? What I need to do is lose the layer of 'buffer' on top of the muscle I have gotten. I'm working on that...always a work in progress, hugh? You're just one week behind me, is that correct???

Maggie, glad your back is feeling better. And WOO HOO on more TOE push ups. A few more each time and before you know it, you'll be doing them ALL on your toes!

Julie, I like that Stretch X from P90X!!! And I will share my results from Meso 1. I have to admit that it took me TOO long to get my eating in check, though. I SHOULD have done better. But again, PROGRESS! I know I'm down several pounds, but I'm embarassed to admit where I started from, because just one year ago I was right where I wanted to be, but then got HORRIBLY lazy with my eating for an entire year! ANYWAY.....on the cheese. I enjoy 2 light string cheese and an apple as a meal, most days, while I'm working at the school. It gives my my cheese fix. OH...that and Laughing Cow Cheese, which I just had on my salad tonight. YUMMY!

WOW! I didn't mean to ramble so long, sorry, gals! Time to get ready to head to the library!

See you all later!

Gayle

Checkin in and catchup! Today's my 40th birthday!!:D:D So having lots of yummy treats and taking a day off from exercise! Sunday, I got lots of exercise because after my run in the morning, I went crosscountry skiing in the afternoon. Yesterday I did the dreaded disc 8 which I actually quite enjoyed.

Gayle How neat that you know a published author! Have you read the book yet? Thanks for asking about my ds, he is slowly getting better, his ankle still gets quite sore and swollen with sports but he's trying. He's on a lot of asthma meds but at least it's under control For those who didn't hear my poor ds's (age 11) saga from last fall the short story is broken leg on the football field (casted hip to toe on right side), this happened 3 days before scheduled abdominal surgery (left side) so had go to school for 2 weeks in a wheelchair, then his dog (age 16) died, then he got pneumonia, then his asthma got out of control and he ended up in hospital. It got to the point that I thought my online friends were going to think I was crazy making things up as there was something new each week.

Mary So Cathe's causing you so much pain, you can't even remember what week it is? Maybe you need something more that a bath ;) I like your goal setting, good way to keep on track! Don't worry I remember Fonzie! Which Cathe video is it that she talks about the Fonz
icon14.gif
?? Good job on staying strong with the food! WTG on those pushups (Ok, I tried to add a thumbs up here, according to your instructions and it ended up beside the Fonz??)

Chrissy Isn't SJP so much fun! One of my favourite workouts!

Jo I feeling much more organized with the STS equipment as well, I remember doing the first disc 1, thinking what a nuisance all the equipment changes were. So, I'm not the only one that can't do onelegged pikes! I bet Gayle can do them;) after she does her 27lb shoulder presses! How was the potluck today?

Cendrine Imax 2 another one of my favourite workouts! Good for you on eating some greens today! I don't think I had any veggies today, but it's my birthday so that's OK :pI'm glad that your feeling better! Very cute, on lifting that little 30 lb weight up over and over!

Julie Uh-oh! I eat cheese every day at least once! I love cheese but I do eat the low fat stuff! You're going to do YogaX and StretchX all week! ;) You're a better woman, than me! I actually like Stretch X but Yoga X, was the longest 90 mins of my life every week for 13 weeks!! Good for you, for knowing that your body needs that rest!

Maggie Glad that your back is feeling better! Don't worry about posting, just check in when you can!

Tracy Hope that little one is feeling better soon!

Kim

KIM - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gosh, hope you've had a fantastic day! I did not know about your son...my goodness what an ordeal he's been through!

Okay, so we had the potluck complete with corned beef and cabbage, stew, desserts galore, salads, you name it! I ate good except for a couple of green chocolate chip cookies! Trying to be my best and thinking of Mary buying shoes when I should ALSO be buying shoes! :D:D I should mention my green striped socks were a big hit (I decided to wear them instead of my turtles and frogs). And, not only did we have a wonderful potluck lunch, but we have a WII in the office so we have a bowling tournament going on. (I was knocked out long ago as I don't have one at home to practice on!) Anywho, I did eat enough that tomorrow I may have to do both CC5 AND Imax 3!

Yessiree Gayle, I am one week behind you on the rotation...I can't believe how fast this is going. It almost seemed daunting initially though rotations are not a problem for me, but I have never done a full 6 months! And now, here we are...shocking isn't it? Like Gayle, I'm so glad to have all of you to checkin with and I'm really enjoying it!

Maggie, hope your back recovers fast! Glad to hear from you when you pop in!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.