6 Monthers, STS, Saturday March 7th

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. The beautiful weekend has arrived. The temps are supposed to hit the 60s! Imagine that. Just a tease, I'm sure, as it will probably get cold again. It is only March, after all! HA!

Today is my scheduled rest day. I'm loving it! ;) I'm quite sore from yesterday's Kenpo X. What I liked about this versus Cathe's kickbox was that it was ALL lo impact. No jumping or hopping, which is good because my PF has been giving me problems. I forgot to wear my HRM for it, though, so I can't compare the calorie burn.

OK....today's projects include:
  • AM-order prints of ALL the digital pics I uploaded yesterday (this is my current BIG project)
  • AM-print out workout cards for this week's STS workouts
  • PM-put away clothes the boys outgrew
  • Evening-NO KIDS, SO and I will be hitting dinner and a movie ALONE

Have an awesome weekend!

Gayle

Gayle It's going to hit the 60's and you're going to organize pictures and clothes :rolleyes::rolleyes: Are you kidding me? Send me the nice weather if you're not going to take advantage of it, it's minus 22 here. Organizing pictures and the too small clothes, two of my most hated jobs. :( I did Kenpo X Plus the second week of STS as a cardio substitution and had totally forgot how much easier this workrout was.

Mary I've only done the plate segment of the abs once and wasn't sure I got much of a workout because my feet were sliding everywhere need to try it again.

Chrissy Don't you love interval #9 of Imax 2:rolleyes: What a big sigh of relief when that is done,

Belinda WOW Disc 5 burned 587 calories?? I was sweating like crazy that whole workout! I love the cardio coaches! DH always downloads them for me:eek::eek:. Will you use them for running??

Jo Hopefully that foot is ok? I was sure that they had won the weigh in on TBL because I was looking at the clock with only a few minutes left. How annoying that was!

Maggie Way to go on the 3.5 wt loss!!!

Cendrine You got a great lower body workout in yesterday!!! How nice to have some time with your mom. Where do you live that you can plant flowers already? I still have 6 ft of snow on my front yard!

Not much of the agenda today, will do Disc #7 for the first time ( a little nervous of all those push ups on the workout card). We went to the RV show last night and were considering buying a pop tent trailer but couldn't decide between 2 different ones so will discuss with DH and we might buy go buy one today. :D
Kim

Oh, Kim! I PROMISE you I'll be using up this warm weather! The pictures are all uploaded and I just now ordered them, so that is done! I'm going to take a shower and then put the clothes in the attic above the garage. That will take all of 10 minutes (they're already separated by size, so all I have to do is put them in the right bins). By that time, it will be noon and the best of the weather will be here! I PROMISE! :)

OH! And my workout cards are done too!

Gayle

Kim** I was sweating buckest yesterday! :DUsually my DH downloads my stuff in my ipod, but he is in the states for 3 weeks:rolleyes: No help there!

Gayle** I did what you said, but can't find it on my ipod? Help! I gonna cry!:(

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept in a bit this morning (6:30) and it felt wonderful. I completed Cardio Kicks this morning and then did ABS with the medicine Ball. Brought home some work from the office, but I'm having a very hard time getting motivated to change into my office mode!

After reading your posts, I'm going to order some of the Cardio Coach's workouts. I use mainly the stair stepper and the treadmill at the gym, and when the weather warms up a bit, I will be running the roads. I like hard core workouts, any suggestions for my 1st couple of purchases?

I was hoping to get in a little yard work today, but it's been raining ever since I woke up. I guess I'll force myself to finish my files, go grocery shopping and then husband and I are going out to dinner with some friends. Sorry about not abbreviating, but I'm not a texter and I haven't learned the shortcuts yet (bare with me!!). I know I'm a little old fashion, but I'll get there eventually.

I know this sounds corny, but I feel a kinship with all of you. Besides the ladies I work out with, I don't feel comfortable talking about health, exercise or Cathe with many people, except my husband & son (and my son just rolls his eyes). Almost every day we have junk food in our office, and all of the people I work with are out of shape (about 15 employees). I'm constantly teased because I won't eat the donuts or candy that has become a staple of the office. They just don't understand!! This forum allows me not to have to explain why we do what we do, WE JUST DO.... YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!

OK, I'm ready to start those files now - ENJOY THE DAY!!!

Mary

Oh my goodness I just finished Disc #7, those push ups:confused::confused::confused: are crazy!! Also did the extended stretch with ds11 as he was on the tm while I was working out and then stretched together. That was nice. Enjoy the day!

Morning Girls!
Well, today is my slack day but I think I'll do one of the Stretch Max segments later. I love the one with the band!

It's cold here (not like you Kim) but we're supposed to have snow today. I doubt it will stick around though. I'm cleaning bathrooms and kitchen today; we have company coming tonight. DH is making his world famous clam chowder! :D

So...the ankle. No swelling today but the pain has moved up into my ankle on the outside above my ankle bone! I'm totally perplexed. But it's not making me limp or anything. I think I'll just continue with Spinervals for my cardio this week. It's probably just something like when you have a kink in your neck. I don't want to take any chances, so no Imax's for me this week! :( I would be devasted if I further injured it and couldn't do ANY cardio!

Mary, you sound like me! At my office they call me the food police! And I honestly don't give anyone trouble about what they're eating...I just don't eat the goodies and have no problem saying no to cakes, etc. On my birthday they usually get me a bouquet of fruit (I think it's from Incredible Edibles). They are beautiful! So they tease me but are envious of my will power and respect my healthy ways! :D:D:D

Kim, yes, how'd you like those pushups? Those are the ones I said I barely got through half on my knees! Yikes!

Gayle, I'm wishing for your weather!

Belinda, YOU GO GIRL!

I can't wait to set the clocks ahead tonight!

Okay, I'm off...toilets await me! :p

Jo

Hi girls,

No workout for me today! It's already to late! I finally have CC V 2 on my ipod:p:p Maybe tomorrow I will go to the gym, lol!

Have a great day, everyone!

I finished my cleaning and I need a nap! :) The real reason I'm back is I've always kind of ignored the cardio coach threads...I've never really checked into it before but you all have me interested. What's the real value behind it? Is he telling you what to do? So if you're on the TM is he telling you to crank it up for a few minutes if you're doing intervals or what? Can someone give me an example?

Thanks,
Jo

Hello Ladies!!
Kick Max bootcamp callenge for cardio today + Ab circuit pilate like abs.
I LOVED the workout.
Tomorrow will be my last workout of Week 1 the second time arround.. cant wait for week 2!

Jo, the cardio coach website has good descriptions of each workout.

Basically there's music and some motivating talking going on. It starts with a warm up and then a number of challenges. The challenges would be for example sprints or hills where you can increase the speed/ resistance/incline with a slow period in between. You decide what incline, resistance or speed to put it on for the challenges. They use guidelines as to how hard you should be going. For example they would say that for the warmup you should be in the blue zone or 55-65% of your heartrate, the steady state periods are a green zone or 65-75% of your heartrate, orange (75-85%) or Red 85-100%. So Sean will say lets do 4 sprints of 1 min each where you should be in your red zone and then a 1 minute of recovery in the blue or green zone. The music will match the speed and he wil say some encouraging words.

I don't use a heartrate monitor. I'm a runner and find these make the time fly on the tm and make me push myself. I don't use a heartrate monitor. I just use the blue (walk or easy jog), green ( my pace that I would use on a long slow steady pace run), orange ( a pace I could do for a few minutes/mile at the most), red (all out sprint).
Sometimes when I run, I run with friends and chat, sometimes I go on the tm and just want to listen to music but cardiocoach is differently great for interval runs. They are fairly inexpensive.

Kim

Thank you Kim! I will go check it out! I used to be a runner and would probably have really liked this. I have an issue with my left knee so only run once in a while now and can't go more than 3 miles sometimes 4. I now just run for cross training purposes. That's why I had originally bought my spinning bike (after knee problem was diagnosed); that was the only cardio I could find that could match my intensity levels of running (and I do LOVE my spinning bike and I was really addicted to running!). I have a TM too, but DH now uses it more than me.

I should add, running is the only cardio that bothers my knee - I can do hi/lo, hi impact step, or just about anything else. It has to do with the constant running motion. Weird huh?

Jo :D:D:D

Wow! I'm going to buy CC tomorrow! I checked out the site. I have all my iTunes files on an external HD so will have to get that from work tomorrow before I purchase. How have I missed this for so long? I guess I've been so used to my DVD's and Spinerval DVD's and just never considered these. I'm sold and the price is right! I only got an iPod about 6 months ago so that makes a difference too!

Belinda, I see you went for CC too! Yippee!!!!:D:D

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.