6 Monthers, STS, Saturday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! What a beautiful morning I woke up to. No alarm going off, woke up on my own around 6:15 to the sun and the birds chirping!!! I guess all those bird feeders outside are making our birds happy! :)

As I said last night, I am taking today as a rest day. I did Stretch Max (no equipment) before even coming out of my room, though. It took me a while to figure out how to get the DVD player in my room to work, but I did and SM felt AWESOME! I was getting a small 'tweak' in my lower back on my right side, which was another reason I felt a rest day was warranted. I didn't feel it at all during the stretch! I feel great!

OK....very quiet day for us. No sports or any other obligation today. We'll see what we end up doing.

Gayle

Uh Oh. Another morning of talking to myself? I guess that's what happens when you have NOTHING to DO! LOL

I think I'm going to pack the kids in the car and head out to Bushkill Falls:
http://www.visitbushkillfalls.com/gallery.php
It's only an hour drive and I've wanted to go there for over a year now. Weather is supposed to be a high of 79 and a bit cloudy so today is perfect. I think the kids will moan and groan a bit at first, cuz we're such HOMEBODIES that we like to just hang around home. BUT......I am going to pull rank as MOM and say we're GOING! :) I'm going to pack some food and drinks, my camera and hit the road. They have a short path to the main falls and then there's a 2 mile trail that lets you see ALL 8 falls (I'm hoping to do that one). We'll be back later today.

Whatever you do today, GIVE IT YOUR ALL!

CLEAN EATS TODAY, LADIES!!!!! FOR ALL OF US!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is Cardio Coach Press Play. My company came last night so I'm going to go get on my spinning bike before everyone gets up!

Gayle, you have a great time today with the kids!!!!

Everyone, hope you have a great Saturday! The weather is beautiful here and I think we may be going for a ferry ride to the San Juans.

Hi everybody! Quiet day in our post today, hugh?

Jo, how did you make out with CCPP?????

Where is everybody?

I don't know what I was thinking, hiking the Falls today on a rest day, thinking it would STAY a rest day! Uh, yeah right! :p OMG! Can I just tell you how my legs were shaking by the time we got done today? I kid you NOT! We hiked the longest trail, 2 miles around all the Falls (8 Falls in all) and then we took a break so the kids could get a root beer float to re-energize and then we went on another 40 minute or so hike. It was the coolest thing EVER! A huge serving of nature with some man-made help (the steps/stairs, decks, etc). We learned there are 1,276 steps in all, plus all the hills, rocks, inclines and roots to traverse! It was a FABULOUS time and quality time, no less. When we were all done and in the shop, as I was paying my legs were literally shaking. What an awesome adventure. I'll get a pic posted tomorrow or Monday.

I have decided that tomorrow, I'm going to do PUB for the first time in at LEAST 6 months. I'm scared! LOL I may also go for a run later in the morning, depending on what we end up doing. I'm headed to the kitchen for some hot green tea then it's an early bed time for this gal!

Gayle

Hi Everyone,

it is 7:30 PM and it's the first time all day I had time to check my computer.... My day has been nonstop since 5 am this morning starting with squat rack legs week 2, then clean the house, then go on bike ride with family, then shower and hurry a lunch to rush to a baby shower, then rush to a boardmeeting, then go on errand, then make dinner for family and a friend... Wow! And I feel good!

Gayle, the falls pictures look beautiful! I wish we had trails like that here somewhere! I would go any time!
So what is PUB? Pyramid Upper Body? I'm not so good at abbreviations for the most part....

Rachel, I made the mushroom chicken tetrazzini for dinner tonight, man was it good! I used the whole wheat flour, skipped the butter, did chickenbroth instead of sherry and used a whole can of evaporated milk instead of pasta cooking liquid. I also added garlic and Majoram and Thyme. It was absolutely addictive! Will be making it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hi Jo, I hope you have fun with your guests!

Hi everyone else!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.